wes

Will We See Freddy, or Perhaps Characters From the F13 Films?

I agree about doing a Halloween or ANOES game but Texas Chainsaw Massacre? There'd be nothing to do. You're in the middle of nowhere so calling cops or fixing things to escape isn't really an option. Halloween & ANOES would be far more viable options and would offer a lot more in terms of what you can do as both killer and survivor, especially ANOES.

• Like 1

I want to see them make a horror battle game where multiple characters from different franchises come together and battle. That would be a more appropriate way to have Jason meet other killers. It would be more purposeful and not seem like a cheap add on, because you'd know what you were getting from the get go and it wouldn't seem as gimmicky if it were invested in it's own entity. Rather than have it be like a Mortal Kombat knock off, my idea would be to have it more like Hero Battle on Star Wars: Battlefront, and you could pit the Villains (Jason, Freddy. Myers, Leatherface, etc.) against the Heroes (Tommy Jarvis, Nancy, Laurie Strode, Sam Loomis, etc).

2 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I want to see them make a horror battle game where multiple characters from different franchises come together and battle. That would be a more appropriate way to have Jason meet other killers. It would be more purposeful and not seem like a cheap add on, because you'd know what you were getting from the get go and it wouldn't seem as gimmicky if it were invested in it's own entity. Rather than have it be like a Mortal Kombat knock off, my idea would be to have it more like Hero Battle on Star Wars: Battlefront, and you could pit the Villains (Jason, Freddy. Myers, Leatherface, etc.) against the Heroes (Tommy Jarvis, Nancy, Laurie Strode, Sam Loomis, etc).

Question would be will it sell?

On 11/7/2016 at 10:07 PM, wes said:

First let’s talk Freddy, Leatherface, etc. These icons of slasher films are IP, or “Intellectual Property”. The easiest way to define this is to just think about them as “brands”. Like Coca Cola and Pepsi for example. The name and likeness of other film icons, like Freddy, are owned by companies. Why do you think it took so long for us to get a FvJ film?

Think of it this way. Have you ever seen Coke and Pepsi packaged together? Nope. Never. Wait, I know what you’re thinking...what about Mortal Kombat? They had Jason, Leatherface, etc, all in one game. Yes, that’s true. But it’s an MK game, not a Texas Chainsaw game featuring Jason. So MK becomes neutral ground in that case. It’s just licensed characters, which still has some legal red tape, but easier by comparison.

Well... I guess any chance* of seeing an homage to Angela/Sleepaway Camp is in the crapper.

Related image

* I'm sure this was never even a consideration, just a random hope of mine!

So you must of got permission the do Fox from Part 3 then..?,You can use my face for free if you like,well why not get the players in the game and use them as a character,one way of getting them for free.I sure alot of people on here would love to be a character and you feel more involved too.. :)

I have made models in 3Ds Max so and modelled a person so its not just the texture you have to do but make sure all the polygons are right,it takes a lot of polys to do a face.In a scene there must be millions of polys and even some you can't see,well the ones you can't see are not rendered.Polys are like sheets of paper but can be triangle or square and fit together like a jigsaw. But alot more that goes into a games,like telling what the character does when you press a button like pick up a item and so on on.alot of work.Look at the title screen and Jason's mask, the polys are so small you can't see them ,but thats done with filters too.It helps what engine you are using,this game uses Unreal Tournament engine,(Unreal Tournament  came out in 1999 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unreal_Tournament its abit like Quake)The same one used for Batman Arkham games,(Batman Arkham games were made in the UK By Rockstedy).https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/what-is-unreal-engine-4 Thanks to Epic Games we have games like this.

I am really hoping they get the license for 2009 aka Reboot Jason because he was one OP OG of the Modern jasons we currently have.

Kane Hodder would make a good Elias Todd Voorhees for reboots if they ever included Jason father since now Kane has "Victor Crowley" under his massive serial killer belt.

He has done leatherface,freddy hand glove, and he also wants to do Michael as well.