BeautyNumber2

We Need Tommy ‘Tickets’ For Selection, Not Random

The same players should not be able to come back as Tommy Jarvis match after match. I just had 5 consecutive matches in a lobby where the same person who kept dying MOMENTS into the match was selected as Tommy each and every time. This has happened untold times but not nearly this bad. The mechanics are rewarding shitty players for dying early by letting then come back and... die again or escape while counselors are still alive. When should we expect this to be improved along the lines of the new Jason ‘ticket’ selection?

• Like 5

Tommy selection is the same as it's always been. What's wrong with an unskilled player getting a second chance? They're never going to get better only playing a minute or two a match. And ticket selection wouldn't work because what if the player with the most tickets was the last one to die?

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Tommy selection is the same as it's always been. What's wrong with an unskilled player getting a second chance? They're never going to get better only playing a minute or two a match. And ticket selection wouldn't work because what if the player with the most tickets was the last one to die?

Because no one wants a Tommy to hide and die when they can save other counselors. No one wants a useless Tommy that decides to hide across the map, when Jason is demasked and the sweater girl is running for her life. No one wants a useless player that died in the first 2 minutes to be Tommy. This is why Tommy shouldn’t go to new players. I do not care if they are new, they can play him later. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Because no one wants a Tommy to hide and die when they can save other counselors. No one wants a useless Tommy that decides to hide across the map, when Jason is demasked and the sweater girl is running for her life. No one wants a useless player that died in the first 2 minutes to be Tommy. This is why Tommy shouldn’t go to new players. I do not care if they are new, they can play him later. 

I totally agree. I'm so sick of the team's absolute most worthless player always getting picked to be Tommy.

• Like 1

Whats the difference if Tommy hides under a bed the whole match or fixes the car and escapes? The only thing he's really good for is killing Jasons. And right now good Jasons are targeting the lowest level players to die first to ensure they won't be killed. So yeah you're going to see a lot of worthless Tommy's running around. 

Good Jason hunters know all the ins and outs of that "random" Tommy  selection, so if there's  any of them in your  lobby you're still going to get plenty of opportunities for Jason kills.

Even if they were to change to a ticket system the less skilled players are still going to be Tommy most of the time because they'll have the most tickets since they don't play as often. The only difference from now is you'll lose that wild card chance that someone good died early who might have actually been able to make a difference. 

Tommy preference selection too? Some people like to just watch the rest of the game or do other things after they escape or die. Like press a button as spectator to say I would like to be Jarvis or not to be. Maybe It wont become a trend to just press the button? Maybe im onto something... maybe level based? idk...

I don't have any problem coming back as Tommy when I need/want to. And if you're not one of the first couple players to die then you get to spectate the rest of the match anyway...

But having to press a button to spawn back in is a great idea @BLOODYFISHTACO that'd stop the afk Tommy's from just standing there watching everybody die.

Edited by Somethin Cool
Added content
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Thank you. I’m all for giving players a second chance but we’ve seen a year’s worth of revived players butcher the opportunity to be Tommy over and over again. I let myself have a fun tizzy over this stupid game but this is the only thing that actually irritates me. When someone dies early, comes back as Tommy, and then abandons the counselors to escape in the car, that’s incredibly cowardice. It’s just really selfish and it happens 9/10 times, as you know. 

3 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Thank you. I’m all for giving players a second chance but we’ve seen a year’s worth of revived players butcher the opportunity to be Tommy over and over again. I let myself have a fun tizzy over this stupid game but this is the only thing that actually irritates me. When someone dies early, comes back as Tommy, and then abandons the counselors to escape in the car, that’s incredibly cowardice. It’s just really selfish and it happens 9/10 times, as you know. 

So why are you relying on Tommy to save you?  If you fixed something yourself you most likely would escape before Tommy spawns in anyway right?

from what i've seen/experienced first hand the player that comes back as tommy is usually that one thats has earned the least amount of xp and/or has done the least amount of anything in the match in terms of objectives. Although i think that there are some players that deserve to come back as tommy more because they can be a bigger help, only getting 600xp for dying first isn't too much fun so im glad to comeback as tommy and do more than i could before.

It’s frustrating when you die first, Tommy gets called, somebody dies a few minutea after you do, and then THEY come back as Tommy...it’s bullshit. If I die first, me and the other dead player will sit there for about 30 seconds and they will ALWAYS come back as Tommy. If I die second then the first player that died will immediately spawn back in as Tommy. Giving that I rarely die in the beginning stages of the match and usually I’m not in the selection for coming back as Tommy...it happens most of the time that I do die in the beginning. The Tommy badge was the last badge I got. I got all the Jason badges before the Tommy badge. I wish it gave the FIRST person that died the option to choose whether to be Tommy or not. They either say “yes” or “no” and if they said no then the second person will have the option of coming back.

20 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

So why are you relying on Tommy to save you?  If you fixed something yourself you most likely would escape before Tommy spawns in anyway right?

Holding a player accountable for the responsibility of being Tommy is not me personally relying on him to save me but nice try. 

There's really nothing random about Tommy selection at all. I can literally be Tommy 9 out of 10 times when I'm hunting. If you would all pay more attention to what's going on in a match you would have figured most of it out by now.

7 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

There's really nothing random about Tommy selection at all. I can literally be Tommy 9 out of 10 times when I'm hunting. If you would all pay more attention to what's going on in a match you would have figured most of it out by now.

Sounds to me , like you're suiciding. There are some ways to do it without suiciding but I want to hear how you do it.

15 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Sounds to me , like you're suiciding. There are some ways to do it without suiciding but I want to hear how you do it.

Lol no I don't have to suicide. Jason usually isn't that hard to find early in the match if you know where to look. I get his mask off in 2 or 3 hits and he gets the instant gratification of killing me for taking his mask off. Of course if he stopped to think about it for a second he'd probably save me for later but that's never the case...

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

Lol no I don't have to suicide. Jason usually isn't that hard to find early in the match if you know where to look. I get his mask off in 2 or 3 hits and he gets the instant gratification of killing me for taking his mask off. Of course if he stopped to think about it for a second he'd probably save me for later but that's never the case...

That's actually the correct answer!

• Thanks 1

? there are lots of ways to do it and I'm not saying I haven't had to take a dive through a closed window on to a well placed trap before but yeah, that one gets 'em every time. I wish I could have kept better track of how many I've killed as Tommy but honestly I can't remember. It's a lot though. I try to get at least 3 a day.

EDIT:

knocking Jason's mask off early in the match has nothing to do with returning from the grave for a second chance to save those poor souls from an untimely demise at camp blood

Edited by Somethin Cool
Added content

46 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

There are so many things wrong with this game. Like instead of seeing random, whatever topics you see demanding questions and hate.

? 

Could you clarify a bit? 

You mean that whenever there is a Question the OP gets hate?

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Could you clarify a bit? 

You mean that whenever there is a Question the OP gets hate?

No, I mean that there are topics that are like "Well I'm done and f### GM and Illfonic" or topics that are like "fix this bug", "jasons op", "counselors r op", etc.

• Like 1