[IllFonic]Courier

Patch 06.08.2018 - Bug, Glitches, and General Issues

This new patch messed up alot more things, just played 5 matches and so many more glitches came up. Everytime I hit or attempt to hit Jason, Im locked out of x button interactions. I fixed the battery and afterwards I was completely frozen where I put the battery in, I couldn't move at all. These bugs keep repeating 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

Another big swing and a miss, guys. 

Obviously the car suicide thing

People repairing gas and battery and getting stuck there after it's been put in

Game just randomly ended. Not blue screened or time issue. It just flat out ended. 

Frustrating patch. 

Yes thank you, also not being able to interact with anything after swinging with combat lock, or hitting jason

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Louiemeneses said:

Yes thank you, also not being able to interact with anything after swinging with combat lock, or hitting jason

Currently playing my first round of the new patch, and 30 seconds into it this happens to me too and I can’t do anything.

EDIT: Second round, I installed the propeller and then couldn’t move.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruehitman said:

Wow this patch ruined the game. Driving out leads to suicide. Games just ending out of nowhere well before the twenty minutes are up. It’s ridiculous. On PS4 

Yeah. Total shit show.

• Like 1

r_341395_ju9XE.gif

Apparently, the struggle is real at Illfonic.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Truth said:

I have a problem with the patch!!!

It's not out on xbox yet...

(I read the notes, I know it's coming soon)

What they said.

1 hour ago, Louiemeneses said:

This new patch messed up alot more things, just played 5 matches and so many more glitches came up. Everytime I hit or attempt to hit Jason, Im locked out of x button interactions. I fixed the battery and afterwards I was completely frozen where I put the battery in, I couldn't move at all. These bugs keep repeating 

Confirmed.  I don't even have the latest patch yet but I am getting frozen in place all the time on Xbox one.  Hiding spot, fixing something..etc  doesn't matter the map.

• Thanks 1

And i will also say that in two of our last three matches, we had at least one counselor in each get “locked out”... couldn’t open doors, windows, use their med spray, nothing. I was Jason in one and even stopped trying to kill counselors to see if i could help one instead. Ugh. Picked him up and waited till he broke free. Tried it again at the water. Still nothing. So let’s recap shall we:

A) car escapes give the players suicide instead of surviving (in at least half our games tonight)

b) several matches just ending out of nowhere for no reason. Plenty of time still left in the match, people still alive, no one left the lobby. Just ending whenever it feels like 

c) counselors getting locked out and unable to do anything whatsoever including interacting with doors, windows or items

lastly this is not confined to private rooms or quick play. Happened in both. But hey... you got a patch out in two weeks! Congrats!! Maybe the next one will come sooner and will include cars that done move at all, weapons that won’t swing, and Jason can’t even leave the shack!! Sorry if i sound bitter. I am... truly. I usually play regardless of the bugs and glitches because we can laugh about it in our private matches, still have fun, etc. This is the first true patch though where you are coming dangerously close to out and out breaking the game. Like actually unable to play. Someone else needs to be hired or brought in or something. I only pray the next patch at the very LEAST can revert the game back to the way it was pre patch on the PS4. I can make do with that at least. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

And i will also say that in two of our last three matches, we had at least one counselor in each get “locked out”... couldn’t open doors, windows, use their med spray, nothing. I was Jason in one and even stopped trying to kill counselors to see if i could help one instead. Ugh. Picked him up and waited till he broke free. Tried it again at the water. Still nothing. So let’s recap shall we:

A) car escapes give the players suicide instead of surviving (in at least half our games tonight)

b) several matches just ending out of nowhere for no reason. Plenty of time still left in the match, people still alive, no one left the lobby. Just ending whenever it feels like 

c) counselors getting locked out and unable to do anything whatsoever including interacting with doors, windows or items

lastly this is not confined to private rooms or quick play. Happened in both. But hey... you got a patch out in two weeks! Congrats!! Maybe the next one will come sooner and will include cars that done move at all, weapons that won’t swing, and Jason can’t even leave the shack!! Sorry if i sound bitter. I am... truly. I usually play regardless of the bugs and glitches because we can laugh about it in our private matches, still have fun, etc. This is the first true patch though where you are coming dangerously close to out and out breaking the game. Like actually unable to play. Someone else needs to be hired or brought in or something. I only pray the next patch at the very LEAST can revert the game back to the way it was pre patch on the PS4. I can make do with that at least. 

Isn't it sad that we are resorting to just asking for a pre-patch so we can all just "make due?"  ...wow this is bad.

• Like 1

Just now, RadikalGamer said:

Isn't it sad that we are resorting to just asking for a pre-patch so we can all just "make due?"  ...wow this is bad.

Amen bud... amen!

• Like 1

I know debugging code is a nightmare but lets see how this treats us Xbox users soon.  I wonder if it would just be easier to say fuck the dedicated servers and go back to the old engine with less issues.

Somewhere in one of these threads Wes had said something about Not being able to identify bugs when testing because they can be triggered by a very strange string of actions nobody could have thought to test. 

All they had to do was play and escape in the car to see this. That's it. That's about as easy to spot as you could wish for. Just drive the fucking car out. 

Actually just a few weeks ago when firing up the game I'm working on the player would just drop dead after about a second. We pushed it back to the programmers and said fix this. It got fixed and then we went on working. 

Reading through this makes me think this we be like us pushing a game out where the player just dies when it starts and some how trying to act like we didn't know. 

The most detrimental bug to the game right now is Illfonic.

• Like 1

i'm truly and utterly amazed at how they top themselves with each patch, after a year, they still manage to make the game worse and more broken. 

Glad people on xbox will know what they are in for next week.....maybe

ok folks just when you thought it couldn't get worse. I just experienced a new bug where the camera view is stuck in one area. This means i couldn't turn the camera 360 degrees around anymore during the match.   It went back to normal after i took my fair share of hits and killed one person. This is on ps4 by the way.

Let's' face it the newest update is an absolute disaster. I'd rather play the NES Friday the 13th 

Saw the game just randomly end on ps4 with 6 minutes left on the clock right after Tommy died even though 2 people were left alive and the Jason was still there.

PS4 & PC:
* Intro cutscene sound is not properly synchronized while playing offline bots
* Game still crashes sometimes after a kill animation in offline bots
* Counselors shaking wildly while in kill animation online
* Counselor selection is still bugged, getting a random one instead of the one I choose

6 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

What they said.

Well from the looks of this thread we should be happy lol

1 hour ago, Truth said:

Well from the looks of this thread we should be happy lol

Is there a chance they'd stop the Xbox patch based on this feedback?  I'm not looking forward to the auto-suicide (pun intended) thing.

1 hour ago, JasonSquared said:

Is there a chance they'd stop the Xbox patch based on this feedback?  I'm not looking forward to the auto-suicide (pun intended) thing.

It's probably too late. According to them it's already going through cert.

PC Player, Win 7.

I shall only say that the "shaking victim" syndrome is still there XD