On 6/9/2018 at 6:00 AM, HuDawg said:

Really?    You really trying to bring in science and dopamine?

Which to be honest don't matter at all in terms of what this game is all about.

But.. lets face it.  You get more shots of adrenaline the more intense and difficult something is...and the dopamine pay out is even better too.

Basically the easier and stupider it is.  The less dopamine you get.

Why not bring that stuff in? Why would I just say, "Yes, It's true just because!" Evidence is always better.

You do get dopamine when it's harder, but as I stated before, if someone is losing more times than not, they won't stick around for the large pay off.

If counselors weren't intended to fight back, why did they waste time creating stats for strength and luck? The game provides no incentive for players to "fall on the sword" so that other counselors can repair objectives and escape. You die running away from Jason and you get very little in the way of points, and who really wants to play the part of the sacrificial lamb, anyways? Fighting back at least earns you 50 or so points. 

Honestly, I think the developers biggest mistake was offering a "private match" in the first place. The reason some players are so good is that they found a friend to allow them to practice all the things (such as driving the car, fighting, killing Jason) without any pressure in private mode. 

15 hours ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Why not bring that stuff in? Why would I just say, "Yes, It's true just because!" Evidence is always better.

You do get dopamine when it's harder, but as I stated before, if someone is losing more times than not, they won't stick around for the large pay off.

Isn´t this the reason why you can get addicted to Gambling? 

15 hours ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

...Well, what do people want?  The chronic or the schwag?

Besides..  It doesn't matter if people get hits of dopamine.    Is this a F13th video game or a 24/7 methadone clinic?

12 hours ago, HuDawg said:

...Well, what do people want?  The chronic or the schwag?

Besides..  It doesn't matter if people get hits of dopamine.    Is this a F13th video game or a 24/7 methadone clinic?

That has nothing to do with anything I just said. Dopamine isn't a drug that people take hits of. It can be, but the type the brain naturally releases is just what regulates when you're happy. You don't say someone is taking hits just because they get happy.

@The Wolf with that Toast I mean, sure? If you can get addicted to being happy, then yeah. Dopamine is only a huge problem when you take drugs that raise the amount released. If not, dopamine isn't that harmful since it's literally just what regulates your mood. Anything that gives you a good feeling can be addicting.