There are things on both sides that need attention.  Fixing issues with the game should be the first priority and then we can talk about buffs or nerfs.  Things may actually be better with this game if stuff worked as intended.  Let's start there.  And yeah, that may be a vague statement, but with the numerous amount of threads and suggestions and feedback I'm not gonna recite everything that has been mentioned before.  

3 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

So Is it a trend to complain that Counselors can Do things Now and Jason Needs 100 More Buffs, I'm Sorry If I sound Bias (Which I will).

My Point is: There have been a Ton of Posts On Buffing Jason which Focus On Nerfing Counselors in One Way Or Another, At this Point I feel like Each Of these Posts are Made by people who Always Play Jason and need it to be easier,

Its a game forum.  There will always be buff/nerf topics.  And if you want to know if what someone actually thinks just ask them.  

I mean.  You don't really play Jason.  So you're really are bias.  Compared to someone like this guy

3 hours ago, cruehitman said:

I look at it this way... i backed the game and bought numerous copies for others to enjoy playing as Jason and roaming the maps from the movies slaughtering unsuspecting counselors. Honestly didn’t even care too much for the counselor side of things. Then i finally got the game in my hands and played and played and played. And found that i love playing both Jason and counselor! But my fun as a counselor was in fearing Jason, running from him, trying to survive and help my fellow teammates try to escape this great white shark on land! Attacking him was a last resort... a means to try and survive a bit longer to escape or maybe accomplish one last objective to help my team before dying. I loved that escaping was hard as hell as it made it feel like true terror and a major accomplishment to live! Now, i just don’t fear Jason as much anymore. I still love playing both sides, but to me, i want to fear him again... not watch as people treat him like a piñata, teabagging and dancing the night away in his face. I’m trying to remember... which movie did that take place in again? 

And this is exactly how i feel ^

Can't really lay it out better then that

Counselors are about where they should be. But for Jason to truly be jason he should be strong enough for at least an average player to get 6 kills consistentley. Ive always felt the boat was to easy to fix, and the fact that 90% of the time you cant trap it. Killing jason should be next to impossible in my opinion. To many weapons what are the odds there will be 4 base ball bats, like a million wrenches,machetes everywhere etc........ In a typical summer camp Med sprays on picnic tables, boat propelors in drawers and all this to the fact that the one thing that could actually kill him(A thirty pound car battery) with a handle so you could really swing it you cant hit him with it. Some of it is right, some of it is wrong but it is pretty balanced

I would be happy if they would just fix the damn windows they broke all the way back in October 2017. Do away with the prompt and bring back free slashing. We didn’t have any window issues then, why they added that crap when they had tons of other bugs/glitches to work on is mind boggling

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruehitman said:

INow, i just don’t fear Jason as much anymore. I still love playing both sides, but to me, i want to fear him again... not watch as people treat him like a piñata, teabagging and dancing the night away in his face. I’m trying to remember... which movie did that take place in again? 

That's the problem, no matter how much they buff Jason no one's gonna stop the teabagging and it shouldn't stop. It makes the game fun. Look at DBD, over there they teabag the killers too. It's part of the territory in these survival games. Once you learn how to play, the horror always leaves the game. I was fucking terrified when I first played this game and DBD, now I'm not scared of the killers in either game. It happens to everyone. So stop using that "It's supposed to be horror!" excuse.

4 hours ago, Truth said:

Hence you not realizing why people are asking for a buff. Join a forum group for a few matches. Play as Jason then come back an tell us he shouldn't be buffed there. (Not trying to be mean)

Not necessarily. You can still destroy in private matches if you're good enough. I recommend you play with Wiz, Khan, Craig, PleaseMe, Mx... Those are some good Jasons that will prove there does not need to be a nerf in private matches.

4 hours ago, cruehitman said:

But why should Jason have to block or even run away from a group.

Because it's a MAJOR advantage to him? Blocking is what everyone in this forum doesn't know how to do, that's why you always see those threads complaining about stun chance when they have an ability that blocks all forms of stun in their possession that they can whip out at any time. It's ridiculous.

Jason should NEVER be made powerful enough to clear a room by an average player. That would ruin the experience for counselors. Sorry people who only play Jason, but this is a game for both sides, not just for you. You don't get it easy; you should have to work for your kills not just spam a grab and catch people.

I play both, but I'm so tired of all these "buff Jason" bullcrap posts by uninformed people who barely play the game. For those of us who love this game, it'll ruin the experience. I don't want an easier time catching people than it already is and I don't want a harder time escaping than it is right now. It's good how it is.

EDIT: Haha, I like how someone sad reacted to my post not even a minute after I posted it. Shows just how easy these people want it as Jason.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Not necessarily. You can still destroy in private matches if you're good enough. I recommend you play with Wiz, Khan, Craig, PleaseMe, Mx... Those are some good Jasons that will prove there does not need to be a nerf in private matches.

Balance should be based on the average player, not the best players.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not asking for a buff at all. I was just explaining why there are threads asking for buffs for Jason. (And that sad face wasn't me lol)

Just now, Truth said:

Balance should be based on the average player, not the best players.

Which further proves my point. When you guys think of buffing Jason, you think of "Average Jason" vs "Advanced 150 Counselors". Nope, if you want to compare then compare "Average Counselors" vs "Average Jasons".  Jason is not at a disadvantage in this matchup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

I agree with everything you just said. I play with those guys all the time and they do destroy rooms of 150s all the time in private matches. Wiz is meh but the others you mentioned are great. Blocking helps a lot and Jason is in a good state right now. They just need to learn how to use his tools properly... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

I got it. I used "you guys" as more of a broad term. I read your replies back there and knew you weren't necessarily advocating for a nerf.

Nope, I really like the current balance. I will say that there should be some minor adjustments, but nothing drastic. This is the best we've had so far and they need to stop fucking with it. I'm lucky to kill half the lobby when up against 7 good players and that's how it should be. 

I easily get 8/8 in QP but Jason needs buffs. Not even buffs, just reverted as he was before. Every change to the game since launch has been anti-Jason. I bet you all loved the 12 pocket knife stupidity.

Looks like a lot of people don't remember launch. Even as a counselor, I prefer knowing that if Jason got close, it was death if I wasn't 100% on my shit. Counselor have gotten less buffs than Jason has gotten nerfs. If Jason could grab you climbing through the window, damage you while climbing, had a good grab sweep, and didnt get stunned 90% of the time, the scariness would still be there. I'm just saying. Counselor players didn't get better like people claim, because none of this shit would be a thing for launch Jason.

Balancing this game is impossible, you either balance around private matches and stay true to the movies, but you will lose players because an assymmetrical game where you can instantly die by grab and a empty drawer simulator isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. Jason is fine in QP, and has more power there.

You can balance around hard and easy for players, Jason stays the same in easy, Jason is more powerful in hard. 

Counselors dont need a buff or a nerf. Once a few of the more crippling glitches are fixed they'll be fine. Same goes for Jason for the most part. The only things he needs besides some bug fixes, are some small improvements to his combat abilities and a little tweak to his grab radius. 

I tend to only every play QP cause nobody is ever on for PM's the random hours I play. I often see the average Jason wipe the lobby probably 75-80% of the time is my guess. Unfortunately if you play with randoms in QP though usually only 1-3 people at max will even bother trying to fix stuff its why I only play a repair char these days.

I did see 3 back to back Jason kills during double exp by some very good players but before that it had been easily a few hundred matches between when I last saw a legit Jason kill vs 1 who was trying (not counting the Jason kill vs the Jason who was flat out afk the whole match obviously)

Saw a group of 4 Chad's who was sticking together saving each other last 10-15 minutes vs Jason but he eventually slowly killed them all and killed the last 1 right as time was running out. Really though he would have done a lot better if he was slashing instead of solely grabbing in a group.

6 hours ago, SmugDoka said:

So Is it a trend to complain that Counselors can Do things Now and Jason Needs 100 More Buffs, I'm Sorry If I sound Bias (Which I will).

My Point is: There have been a Ton of Posts On Buffing Jason which Focus On Nerfing Counselors in One Way Or Another, At this Point I feel like Each Of these Posts are Made by people who Always Play Jason and need it to be easier, Right Now I feel like the Balance is Fine and Wouldn't want either Side to Get a Buff, You are free to Disagree With me, But I don't think That Degrading the Ability of Counselors is going to make you any better at the game, Ciao.

My friend thank you, finally some common sense. 

1 hour ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Jason should NEVER be made powerful enough to clear a room by an average player. That would ruin the experience for counselors. Sorry people who only play Jason, but this is a game for both sides, not just for you. You don't get it easy; you should have to work for your kills not just spam a grab and catch people.

I play both, but I'm so tired of all these "buff Jason" bullcrap posts by uninformed people who barely play the game. For those of us who love this game, it'll ruin the experience. I don't want an easier time catching people than it already is and I don't want a harder time escaping than it is right now. It's good how it is.

Finally, someone who understands!

Onto OP's original topic, I've played a lot of QP independently and PM with groups. I've seen how it is on both sides, and I still stand firm to my own opinion of the game's balance. The major differences between QP and PM on console is communication and players. Players that are just queue up for QP are often solo (not always), looking for a quick match, and might not even talk. I don't take the game as seriously when I do QP for that sole reason. When I am in a PM on F13, I know that I'm likely with older players that have skill and require communication to be a part of their lobbies. That's just the way that they roll. This translates into the game to be: Jason can do okay in a QP match vs. Jason gets his ass handed to him in a PM.

It really doesn't have much to do with counselors being OP, or Jason being weak. It has everything to do with communication being a key part of surviving in the game. DBD is essentially the same way. Survivors can body block, distract, or pallet slam the killer in some situations that will assist the person they are queued up with. When you run solo and the killer gets you, you're pretty much S.O.L.. The key differences in both situations is communication and player skill. In QP very seldom do I find someone with a microphone on Xbox (and if they do have one, I likely mute them because they're 10 years old). In PMs, I don't always see Jason get his ass beat. There's Jason players out there that are good enough to clear a lobby.

It's just become that much more clear over the past 2 weeks to see who has had a couple bad rounds as Jason in private matches. Go queue up for some QP for a bit, you'll do fine as Jason there.

TL;DR: Quick Play and Private Matches run very differently. Communication is key to success and skill levels will vary depending on the lobby you are in. People just need to stop whining and find ways to play smarter or improve their skills.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

Jason should NEVER be made powerful enough to clear a room by an average player. That would ruin the experience for counselors

I 100% disagree with that^

Besides who are you exactly to say what would ruin the experience for counselors?  You're not speaking for my counselor experience.

If all counselors attack all objectives, Jason cannot be everywhere at once. I don't care if you're the best Jason in the world.  Somethings gonna give and people are gonna escape.

So it makes sense for Jason to be able to STEAM ROLL through counselors if they don't get out of his way.  And when Jason is doing that, objectives should be getting done.    If not, everyone deserves to die.

Combat against Jason should be a last resort..Fleeing and objectives should be top priority.    And combat should always be in Jasons favor.  

And lets face it.. People talking about altering the game play mechanics is what happens on game forums.. . This topic is basically a complaint topic about others peoples topics.  

Like the OP needs a support group.. after posting in my topic.  :D

Nerfing the counselors isn't needed. I don't think Jason needs buffed either.

@Truth I agree that the game is in a good place right now... I liked how it was before the upgrade as well... from both sides of play. I love to play both Jason and counselors... but we ALL play counselors far more than we play Jason... and as you said... "Jason could use a buff".... even though we are in agreement that the game is in a good place, there is still some tweaking needed here and there.
    As long as a group of counselors can get both cars moving and escape before Jason gets his first shift active... they certainly do not need any buffs. I also disagree with calls to nerf Vanessa as well... people have a problem with catching Vanessa not because it is Vanessa, it is the player that happens to be using Vanessa.

That being said... I also have to agree with @GeneiJin when he stated "counselors shouldn't get nerfed, but I do agree Jason should be stronger." But he does not need to be much stronger.... I know this is long, but please bear with me... I know some people out there CAN actually read and understand more than two or three sentences strung together.

Combat stance is still pretty wonky... and block... a lot of people say... "learn to use block". I have learned to use block rather well and against good players it is nearly useless as it is. Go into combat stance and block, you move very slowly. Good or more to the point... smart counselor players see you are in combat stance and with or without block in use they move away from you while they are not using combat stance until you come out of it.
   A smart counselor is not going to waste a hit from their weapon on a blocking Jason as the number of hits on a weapon build until it is useless... They wait until you drop your guard (actually come out of combat stance) and move in. Why would they do this? Because time is on their side, not on Jason's side... also, swift attacker can many times lead to getting in that strike before he can get into block again.... damn that swift attackers!!! LOL...
   They can effectively just stay out of his reach while he is in block and run out the time limit.... I hate to have to point this out as many more players may now start doing this, but it is what it is. Going into block slower after the update is not the issue here... this has been happening for a long time. But it is making it even more of an issue.

Jason NEEDS to be able to block without needing to go into combat stance first.... even if it remains a two button combination to go into block, it is useless combined with combat stance while facing smart players. He also needs the ability to block when coming out of an exploitable (as in he cannot currently defend against this in ANY way) animation that leaves him helpless against the demaskers… more HP is not going to help while they can get literally (or nearly) free demaskings… all that will do is make the demasking take one or two more stuns than it already does. Getting the mask off without exploiting these animations is where the real skill is, and I have faced quite a few players that pulled it off (pun intended)... and I was very impressed with their combat skills.
   In fact, I think they should get rid of combat stance entirely... assign keys to block, and heavy attack... combat stance is not needed.

Teabagging is not the issue here at all... the ease of stunning Jason that allows the tea bagging would be the problem. When it is easy to knock Jason on his ass, he will NEVER be scary to anyone that has learned how to do it. A better block would actually allow people to say "learn to use block" and actually be making sense with that statement.
   I do not think more stun immunity after a stun will help with any of these issues... although at one time I was convinced of this... but time, practice, reading many other player's opinions here on these forums... and much thought on the matter has changed my mind.
   Making it harder to stun Jason in some way at least (not necessarily even using my suggestion, but make it harder to stun him) solves several things that many people here are in agreement are problems.... demasking Jason would be more difficult, which makes the Jason kill harder to achieve... teabagging would die down quite a bit with more risk involved in trying to stun him... Dance parties with the cops have died down, but would now be far riskier... getting a hit in on Jason to gain stamina and indefinitely extend a chase would be more difficult.... and the dreaded chain stunning (or piñata Jason or whatever you want to call it) would be non existent... all of which would contribute to less Jasons running away from counselors and more counselors running away from Jason.

If this were implemented... more tweaking would probably still need to be done afterward... but people need time to get used to any new mechanic before they can have a valid opinion. Some Jason players hate the new grab, others like it... but with at least a month of getting used to it... even both sides of this argument may change their minds... which will still leave people in disagreement... but you cannot please everyone.

3 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I 100% disagree with that^

Besides who are you exactly to say what would ruin the experience for counselors?  You're not speaking for my counselor experience.

If all counselors attack all objectives, Jason cannot be everywhere at once. I don't care if you're the best Jason in the world.  Somethings gonna give and people are gonna escape.

So it makes sense for Jason to be able to STEAM ROLL through counselors if they don't get out of his way.  And when Jason is doing that, objectives should be getting done.    If not, everyone deserves to die.

Combat against Jason should be a last resort..Fleeing and objectives should be top priority.    And combat should always be in Jasons favor.  

And lets face it.. People talking about altering the game play mechanics is what happens on game forums.. . This topic is basically a complaint topic about others peoples topics.  

Like the OP needs a support group.. after posting in my topic.  :D

I'm speaking for all counselors based on common sense and science, of course. Anytime someone loses a game, they do not get the dopamine dose they get from winning, no, it's the opposite. If counselors were to lose even 70% of the time, people would quit playing because they aren't getting the euphoria they'd be getting from winning. It's basic science and I don't know how you don't know this. 
Jason has traps. You can easily monitor objectives if you pick people off and trap important areas.

Jason CAN steamroll. Block all attacks and kill them. Or just go for the shift grab. There are many options...

Combat against Jason should be valid if you have the perks and the character for it. It is in Jasons favor, it always is. His attacks come out faster AND he can block all attacks. Counselors can only attack and block(but get grabbed if they do so). I'd say it's heavily in Jason's favor.

Wow this thread has made quite a Lot of People discuss things, That's nice to know.

17 hours ago, malloymk said:

Lol. I prefer counselor play. I don't think Jason needs buffs about everything. But I can also read people's opinions on this and not come up with a flame thread because I disagree with someone. This game is not without balance issues and to say otherwise is pretty dense.

Considering the game is balanced around "what feels right" I would say that it feels pretty good right now. The matches ending prematurely needs to go though.

10 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

Yes Yes Yes, I totally agree with that, That's always why I say that Groups are OP, And Randoms are not, It makes sense that People who have a whole game plan will do better vs Random People in a Lobby.

9 hours ago, BeepBeepRichie said:

I'm speaking for all counselors based on common sense and science, of course. Anytime someone loses a game, they do not get the dopamine dose they get from winning, no, it's the opposite.

Really?    You really trying to bring in science and dopamine?

Which to be honest don't matter at all in terms of what this game is all about.

But.. lets face it.  You get more shots of adrenaline the more intense and difficult something is...and the dopamine pay out is even better too.

Basically the easier and stupider it is.  The less dopamine you get.