1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

Fair enough. I think we agree that the balance needs to be in Jason's favor. We're just apart on the degree to which that balance should be tipped towards him.

Yep

On 6/29/2018 at 4:57 AM, rickyount02 said:

This is what I mean when I say wrong game. 

Tiffany, the power should go to whoever is better, in a fair game. This is NOT a fair game. Strength and luck play the part for protectors. Counselors designed to protect repair counselors from Jason. Sometimes sacrificing their life in the process. Not seeking a fight. 

There are other games out there that give you the fair and balanced experience. This should absolutely not be that kind of game.

The gaming community hates the idea of being bested by someone less skilled. And their anonymity lets them express that hate in the worst ways.....

Until they can let go of that mentality and play THIS game for what it was meant to be, there will be a divide. 

Of course there will be a divide. A killer who can instakill someone isn’t a fun experience. The person who outsmarts the other deserves to be rewarded. Regardless of them being Jason. If we-balanced around half the ideas that people make up in this forum, this game would be an imbalanced mess. People need to put their pride down, and realize this game isn’t gonna hand you 8/8 every match. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2018 at 5:44 PM, thrawn3054 said:

As I've said before you can't make this like the movies. Nobody is going to want to play a game that they'll almost always lose. Obviously Jason should have the advantage, and does in any 1 v 1. I agree Jason needs some tweaks to make him more viable against more seasoned players, but the notion that a bad Jason should get an 80% kill rate is ridiculous. If I'm playing as a counselor I want a challenge not a hopeless situation. If I'm playing Jason I don't want my kills spoon fed to me. I want to earn them. Most quick play lobbies aren't hard to clear. I most certainly don't want it made easier. 

On 6/29/2018 at 10:24 PM, thrawn3054 said:

I also said Jason does need a few tweaks to make him stronger against the mobs. There has to be a balance between the two sides. At the moment it's more towards the counselors and it shouldn't be. Again I will stand behind a newbie/plain bad Jason shouldn't be clearing lobbies just because they're Jason. Jason should have the advantage, not what amounts to an auto win when selected. As a Jason player I'd be bored to tears if they made it as easy as some people want it to be. As a counselor player why would I want to keep playing a game if I'm basically guaranteed to lose no matter how good I am or how well I play? You can't make a game with only the hardest of hardcore fans in mind. If you do your game will flop. Admittedly, I'm probably wasting my time as I doubt people will change their minds whatever side of this they're on. As one last try though I'll reiterate that yes, Jason needs tweaks to be more viable against good groups of counselors. But it still needs to keep a decent balance. 

One more time. This game is NOT win/lose.

Let's say you get the battery and fuel in the car. Counselor with the keys shows up, but so does Jason. He pulls the driver out the window but you smack him with a bat so they can get back in and start it up. In the chaos Jason grabs you and puts you into a tree. You're gone. Driver picks up another on the way out. Did you lose? I would say no.

How about this one. Someone calls the cops in the first minute. You grab a weapon and pick an exit to linger by for the next five minutes. Turns out you picked right and the cops show up just like always. So do a few of your buddy counselors. Leave? No. Let's wait for Jason to show up and use emotes and teabag until he just gives up. Did you win? I would say no.

8 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Of course there will be a divide. A killer who can instakill someone isn’t a fun experience. The person who outsmarts the other deserves to be rewarded. Regardless of them being Jason. If we-balanced around half the ideas that people make up in this forum, this game would be an imbalanced mess. People need to put their pride down, and realize this game isn’t gonna hand you 8/8 every match. 

I couldn't agree more. But the reward is not escape. It's getting away. Surviving a few more minutes. Beating on Jason for five minutes with three other counselors however, is not outsmarting.

"A killer who can instakill someone isn't a fun experience". I think this is because that killer is another real person. If it was AI, people wouldn't get as upset about it. The online gaming community is very fickle about being "bested" by lesser skilled players. 

You mention putting down your pride. I agree. But that goes for counselors too.

I stand by the Jason is easy mode counselor is hard statement I've made before. Regardless of skill.

*I'm a counselor main

On 6/29/2018 at 10:31 PM, Ahab said:

If you talk to people in game the way you wrote the rest of that post... the only surprise to me is that you get trolled only 20% of the time.

I can fairly judge how someone plays the game based on how they talk in the forums.

I think we know exactly what kind of player @Whammigobambam is...the only reason he gets trolled 20% of the time is because he's trolling everyone else 80% of the time.

Look, there's really no debating this; Jason is in dire need of an overhaul. And let's cut the B.S., it's not about "adapting to changes", it's not about "balancing gameplay", and it's not about "outsmarting the other player". I've played against some of you. You're not fooling anyone. Stop it. 

You are knowingly taking advantage of exploits in Jason's mechanics. His missed-grab animation speed, his inability to block at critical moments, the ability to chain-stun him, etc. That's not "outsmarting the other player". That's just being cheap. 

How do I know the difference? Because we've all watched countless matches where players spend half their time knocking Jason out and dancing around instead of running from him and trying to escape. @Vc assassin just tried it on me and rage quit as soon as I grabbed him. Pretty easy to see what's happening here...

And that's supposed to be fun? For trolls, I'm sure it's a blast... For everyone else, not so much. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brevator said:

@Whammigobambam is...the only reason he gets trolled 20% of the time is because he's trolling everyone else 80% of the time.

Here here! What you little tulips consider trolling yes I may fit into it. But if you think that I play this game for the lawls you're dead wrong. Gun/illfonic made the damn rules, exploits, the game mechanics however broken they are(unplayable broken for many) players adjust or give up and start your arguments.

I merely showed up to refute your arguments that Jason needs to be finely tuned and perfected and easily killing 80% in order to be acceptable. The fact is that the poor Jason players will continue to be poor and all the while you guys sit in here and push for a legendary Jason when a good amount of players play the legendary Jason already.

I'm not seen by my friends as a troll and I certainly didn't come here to be labelled as one. 

50 minutes ago, Whammigobambam said:

Here here! What you little tulips consider trolling yes I may fit into it. But if you think that I play this game for the lawls you're dead wrong. Gun/illfonic made the damn rules, exploits, the game mechanics however broken they are(unplayable broken for many) players adjust or give up and start your arguments.

I merely showed up to refute your arguments that Jason needs to be finely tuned and perfected and easily killing 80% in order to be acceptable. The fact is that the poor Jason players will continue to be poor and all the while you guys sit in here and push for a legendary Jason when a good amount of players play the legendary Jason already.

I'm not seen by my friends as a troll and I certainly didn't come here to be labelled as one. 

Whatever you say, troll. I couldn't possibly care less what your friends think of you. 

I merely showed up to point out that your attitude on the forums reflects how you play the game, and you reek of the type of player who relies entirely on cheap exploits and gets a laugh from repeatedly dancing over Jason. 

Is it still possible to get an 8/8? Yes, and I demonstrate that in this video. But this also shows how easily Jason's broken mechanics are exploited and what Quickplay has devolved into. This was the first match I played today. 

https://youtu.be/HjyqObVpdnQ

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, ShaunAburame said:

Jason getting overpowered by group of counselors=not using Jason's block enough

nuff said

Really?

How About them just Blocking and waiting for an attack?

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Really?

How About them just Blocking and waiting for an attack?

Only after a few blocks by Jason, they break their weapons. Any blocking standoff won't last long.

On 6/7/2018 at 7:31 PM, Poormetheus said:

I wish to vent a certain something to the devs (coming from a film buff).

How dare you. How dare you even allow the possibility of Jason being emasculated by a group of counselors in this game.

It's not good enough. You received the rights to this franchise, and you manipulated it to make quick bucks.

The slasher trifecta of Michael Myers and Freddy Kruger is completed by Jason.

Jason is serious shit.

This treatment of the source material is not good enough.

Jason has become a total Gun Media pussy. Gun and Illifonic are to blame. He should be bad ass and people should be frightened to go ""toe to toe" with him during a match.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShaunAburame said:

Only after a few blocks by Jason, they break their weapons. Any blocking standoff won't last long.

And if they have a wrench for say? ….And all the other houses are full of weapons? And you still get punished for hitting them. Trust me , he doesn´t have the upper Hand. If you don´t trust me , I know someone who has proof.

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

And if they have a wrench for say? ….And all the other houses are full of weapons? And you still get punished for hitting them. Trust me , he doesn´t have the upper Hand. If you don´t trust me , I know someone who has proof.

Every weapon in the game has it's limits before they are gone. You will be surprised how many successful blocks Jason can make during a gang beating. 

Also, there are other options. Strategize, my friend. 

Here is something I love to do when encountering groups. You phase away, not too far but not too near either, to where the group doesn't know where you went, and just out of range where they hear your music. You have to give them the sense of feeling safe. Use your sense to keep track of everyone, and be patient. If you have to wait and use your sense more than once during this time, so be it. Patience is the key. Just keep watching, from a far, using sense. The group WILL get cocky, and begin to somewhat divide, to search for stuff. THAT is when you activate stalk, then shift to the suckers that thought it was safe to temporarily split from the group. Once the group is fully aware and begins to gang up on you, phase away again..then repeat. You will slowly but surely whittle down their numbers.

Also, I mainly use my weapon swings to kill, and only using grab moves sporatically, avoiding the sure thing pocket knife escape.

And it's sooooo important to knock out all the power, since darkness greatly increases fear and changes the counselors effectiveness.

That's all you get for free, I cannot give away all my tricks...hehe.

21 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

Every weapon in the game has it's limits before they are gone. You will be surprised how many successful blocks Jason can make during a gang beating. 

Also, there are other options. Strategize, my friend. 

Here is something I love to do when encountering groups. You phase away, not too far but not too near either, to where the group doesn't know where you went, and just out of range where they hear your music. You have to give them the sense of feeling safe. Use your sense to keep track of everyone, and be patient. If you have to wait and use your sense more than once during this time, so be it. Patience is the key. Just keep watching, from a far, using sense. The group WILL get cocky, and begin to somewhat divide, to search for stuff. THAT is when you activate stalk, then shift to the suckers that thought it was safe to temporarily split from the group. Once the group is fully aware and begins to gang up on you, phase away again..then repeat. You will slowly but surely whittle down their numbers.

Also, I mainly use my weapon swings to kill, and only using grab moves sporatically, avoiding the sure thing pocket knife escape.

And it's sooooo important to knock out all the power, since darkness greatly increases fear and changes the counselors effectiveness.

That's all you get for free, I cannot give away all my tricks...hehe. 

Hmmm….This is really not bad.

But @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow could also take some time here to Show you :

• Like 1