Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I wish to vent a certain something to the devs (coming from a film buff).

How dare you. How dare you even allow the possibility of Jason being emasculated by a group of counselors in this game.

It's not good enough. You received the rights to this franchise, and you manipulated it to make quick bucks.

The slasher trifecta of Michael Myers and Freddy Kruger is completed by Jason.

Jason is serious shit.

This treatment of the source material is not good enough.

  • Thanks 15
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I read this in Mrs. Vorhees voice and nearly spit out my drink. LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIMMM

Now that you mention it, it kinda works with Pamela-voice!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it not being very fun playing Jason is just wrong.  I remember before the game came out, people were saying "Who the fuck is ever going to want to play a counselor?  I wanna play Jason!" and an epidemic of people quitting when they weren't Jason.  Those days are mostly gone.  Now counselor is all most people want to play because of how easy Jason is beaten up on and the bonding between counselors over this and general non-troll lobby camaraderie makes for a better gaming experience.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick fix. 

1- remove Jason from mini map

2- remove Jason’s proximity music

3- enhance Stalk. Yes Stalk would still have a purpose, as it would mute Jason’s footsteps, and enhance his hearing. Stalk should last twice as long.

4- Bring back Stamina points drained from Combat actions. Counsellors should actually lose stamina with each weapon swing, as it’s still stated in the description of the Strength stat. This would cut back on the amount of Deborah’s who can knock Jason on his ass.

These simple changes would make Jason scary, and probably wouldn’t take much effort on the developers side.

 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He needs a few tweaks, but honestly nothing that drastic. 

1) Widen his grab radius a bit. Not the length just the radius. Also speed up the animation. 

2) Hit boxes need important. 

3) Up his hit points.

Do those three things and he'll be fine. The solution to these things is never nerfing counselors. The solution is always fix the things that don't work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Poormetheus said:

The slasher trifecta of Michael Myers and Freddy Kruger is completed by Jason. 

If you think Jason has it rough, you should see how Freddy is holding up in Dead by Daylight.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Do those three things and he'll be fine. The solution to these things is never nerfing counselors. The solution is always fix the things that don't work. 

"Fine" is not good enough.

Only "unstoppable" is good enough for me (whilst removing his shift ability, for perfect balance).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a video game. You can't make him unstoppable. Why would anyone play a game they can't win? And as a film buff I'd have thought you'd remember he was stopped every single time.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

Quick fix. 

1- remove Jason from mini map

2- remove Jason’s proximity music

3- enhance Stalk. Yes Stalk would still have a purpose, as it would mute Jason’s footsteps, and enhance his hearing. Stalk should last twice as long.

4- Bring back Stamina points drained from Combat actions. Counsellors should actually lose stamina with each weapon swing, as it’s still stated in the description of the Strength stat. This would cut back on the amount of Deborah’s who can knock Jason on his ass.

These simple changes would make Jason scary, and probably wouldn’t take much effort on the developers side.

 

Any effort on their part is too much effort.

Remember when they said they were going to make Jason scary again, and all they did was give him two extra throwing knives and a negligible 1% speed increase?

Remember the half-assed way Roy was implemented?

How they originally got his color completely wrong, and only corrected it due to fan protest?

How they keep saying Pamela would be too much work to incorporate, even though there would be no franchise if it weren't for her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I read this in Mrs. Vorhees voice and nearly spit out my drink. LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIMMM

This really made my day.

1 hour ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Playing as Jason has become a chore. 

It's right up there with cleaning out the basement.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's a video game. You can't make him unstoppable. Why would anyone play a game they can't win? And as a film buff I'd have thought you'd remember he was stopped every single time.

Let's make him close to unstoppable...

57 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Well said, all valid points, but I doubt we'll see significant changes.

It's a shame.

I'm holding out on faith that change will eventually come, for the better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Its not about making Jason unstoppable, its about making counselors more concerned about escaping.

Exactly. I feel the problem is that counselors should be fleeing Jason, but instead they are flocking to him. People are too concerned with trolling Jason and killing him. The concern should just be getting the fuck out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Playing as Jason has become a chore. 

Have to agree , regardless of what people claim here, Jason is nerfed again, this grab is just as bad as the September grab(don’t know why it was ever changed in the 1st place), didn’t take people more than a day to realize that every time Jason missed a grab(which is allot) it’s an instant stun , people are back to not fixing anything and just running circles around Jason, he’s a joke again along with all the obvious bugs.. seems like the devs promise to keep Jason OP, was just B.S to get people like me to back the game... what a joke, a;so,what happen to Jason’s upped speed that was given before the patch? People,are to dumb to notice he slower than ever.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mawlock said:

Remember the half-assed way Roy was implemented?

How they originally got his color completely wrong, and only corrected it due to fan protest?

 

Considering every licensee before this game also got Roy's color wrong (examples such as the NECA Roy action figure and Funko's Pop! figurine) I don't think you can treat this as a legit complaint against Gun Media. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Give Jason the ability to pick up anything a councelor can. Allow him to pick up and destroy health sprays, knives, and even repair items. THAT would make him scary again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Considering every licensee before this game also got Roy's color wrong (examples such as the NECA Roy action figure and Funko's Pop! figurine) I don't think you can treat this as a legit complaint against Gun Media. 

So your just going to ignore everything else I've said?

Okay, I'll bite.

I'll hold the discoloration against everyone and anyone who gets it wrong. It's plain as day when you actually watch the damn film Roy is wearing Teal, not blue. I never once in all my years of watching part 5 thought he was wearing blue.

You can even double-check it in Photoshop easily. 

There is no other excuse other than pure laziness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

So your just going to ignore everything else I've said?

Okay, I'll bite.

Yes. Because the other things you said weren't relevant to the Roy jumpsuit debacle. (And that's what I wanted to talk about. ie: I don't really give a shit about Pamela as a playable character.) If every other vendor put out a Friday the 13th Part 5 "Jason" product in blue, and the F13 licensors didn't bother to correct those companies, why should Gun Media be singled out?? If anything you should be blaming the Friday the 13th licensors responsible, as this has been happening for some time now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

2- remove Jason’s proximity music

3- enhance Stalk. Yes Stalk would still have a purpose, as it would mute Jason’s footsteps, and enhance his hearing. Stalk should last twice as long.

To add to these two points:

2. ... and have the music only play A.) When Jason is sighted in close proximity, or B.) During an active chase.

3. ... Also, make removing throwing knives and placing traps silent during Stalk as well.  The only things making noise by Jason while in Stalk should be breaking a window and/or hitting/ breaking a door down (but NOT opening one by hand.  That stays silent in Stalk.).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

To add to these two points:

2. ... and have the music only play A.) When Jason is sighted in close proximity, or B.) During an active chase.

3. ... Also, make removing throwing knives and placing traps silent during Stalk as well.  The only things making noise by Jason while in Stalk should be breaking a window and/or hitting/ breaking a door down (but NOT opening one by hand.  That stays silent in Stalk.).

Yes! Having Jason open the doors in silence would give people more reason to barricade. Because greater emphasis would be put on horror, and suspense, people wouldn’t feel safe, so more incentive to lock doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

Yes. Because the other things you said weren't relevant to the Roy jumpsuit debacle. (And that's what I wanted to talk about. ie: I don't really give a shit about Pamela as a playable character.) If every other vendor put out a Friday the 13th Part 5 "Jason" product in blue, and the F13 licensors didn't bother to correct those companies, why should Gun Media be singled out?? If anything you should be blaming the Friday the 13th licensors responsible, as this has been happening for some time now. 

 

Clearly you didn't actually read what I said.

Here:

"I'll hold the discoloration against everyone and anyone who gets it wrong." 

It's plain as day when you actually watch the damn film Roy is wearing Teal, not blue. I never once in all my years of watching part 5 thought he was wearing blue.

You can even double-check it in Photoshop easily

There is no other excuse other than pure laziness

"Wasn't relevant to the jumpsuit debacle?"

lol this about about so much more than that.

Roy's implementation as it is makes no sense. Why they did make him ACTUALLY Jason? He spawn's in Jason's shack, hears Jason's mother in his head, and can be sweater stunned by someone pretending to be Jason's mother. It's so pathetic. 

 

Anyway, what I was specifically talking about earlier was how gun/illfonic are lazy and love to cut corners.

Here, read it all again, and this time, actually read the whole damn thing: 

 

Any effort on their part is too much effort.

Remember when they said they were going to make Jason scary again, and all they did was give him two extra throwing knives and a negligible 1% speed increase?

Remember the half-assed way Roy was implemented?

How they originally got his color completely wrong, and only corrected it due to fan protest?

How they keep saying Pamela would be too much work to incorporate, even though there would be no franchise if it weren't for her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...