On 6/8/2018 at 8:21 AM, ChadFace said:

You're leaving out a couple movies there...

Just having a screen name like  Chadface tells every Friday the 13th movie fan that you are a causal gamer , I can bet you probably don’t own a f13 movie, while other like me have everything from sets, to special editions etc. you are going to get eaten up with your stupid post, Jason is a force in the movies , not a piniata, don’t even get me started about movie detail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/7/2018 at 7:31 PM, Poormetheus said:

I wish to vent a certain something to the devs (coming from a film buff).

How dare you. How dare you even allow the possibility of Jason being emasculated by a group of counselors in this game.

It's not good enough. You received the rights to this franchise, and you manipulated it to make quick bucks.

The slasher trifecta of Michael Myers and Freddy Kruger is completed by Jason.

Jason is serious shit.

This treatment of the source material is not good enough.

Thanks @Poormetheus, i'm glad to know that i'm not alone in my opinion.

On 6/9/2018 at 5:17 PM, NytmereZ said:

Just having a screen name like  Chadface tells every Friday the 13th movie fan that you are a causal gamer , I can bet you probably don’t own a f13 movie, while other like me have everything from sets, to special editions etc. you are going to get eaten up with your stupid post, Jason is a force in the movies , not a piniata, don’t even get me started about movie detail.

No I don't own any special edition but I do own 1-8 digitally and I've seen every movie multiple times. Are you going to refute anything I said or just cry like a petulant child? 

• Like 1

In the end it is a game, maybe you should LEARN to play. Just because you just switched from cod to f13 doesn't make you an expert at playing every game. As for Jason getting beat most of the time your dealing with actual veteran f13 players so deal with it and again LEARN to play the game.

Here's the thing, though. The whole premise of the game relies on 1 simple factor: Counselors NEED to be running for their lives and Jason NEEDS to isolate them to pick them off one by one. That's as true now as it was at launch. The difference is that back then, everything about the game was new, which made players get into the spirit of things a whole lot more. Exploring an unknown map in the dark, with few resources available, where death could claim you at any moment, made for some genuine tension while playing. Compare that to now, where we know the maps, we know where items are likely to spawn, we know the patterns, and the limitations to Jason's abilities, etc. We became accustomed to and even comfortable In Crystal Lake, so the immersion and tension kinda faded away over time, which wasn't helped at all by some of the Devs decisions. Once the players realized that if they regroup and go on the offensive, Jason can't do much to stop them, the whole premise of the game just goes out the window. It's 1 vs. 7 after all, and if players had been pulling this kind of tactic at launch, Jason would have been a Pinata right from the start. It's just that much worse now, with the overall increase in resources, nerfs, and all the other stuff that was changed over time.  

• Like 2

On 6/7/2018 at 11:24 PM, Redcat345 said:

That's the biggest fucking crime in this game besides what op mentioned and this thread shows why http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13126-game-mode-pamela-voorhees-4-vs-1/

Also counselors should not be able to beat up Jason.

How will they defend themselves then? Pallets and flashlights? Or is it gonna be a extremely biased asymmetrical game, regardless of it being Jason, there always has to be counterplay to the killer. 

when it comes to Jason being beat down by groups, increasing the horizontal arc of his weapon swing could assist in counteracting this, or alternatively significantly reduce the number of melee weapons available to counselors in a match

On 6/11/2018 at 3:01 AM, Malken said:

Here's the thing, though. The whole premise of the game relies on 1 simple factor: Counselors NEED to be running for their lives and Jason NEEDS to isolate them to pick them off one by one. That's as true now as it was at launch. The difference is that back then, everything about the game was new, which made players get into the spirit of things a whole lot more. Exploring an unknown map in the dark, with few resources available, where death could claim you at any moment, made for some genuine tension while playing. Compare that to now, where we know the maps, we know where items are likely to spawn, we know the patterns, and the limitations to Jason's abilities, etc. We became accustomed to and even comfortable In Crystal Lake, so the immersion and tension kinda faded away over time, which wasn't helped at all by some of the Devs decisions. Once the players realized that if they regroup and go on the offensive, Jason can't do much to stop them, the whole premise of the game just goes out the window. It's 1 vs. 7 after all, and if players had been pulling this kind of tactic at launch, Jason would have been a Pinata right from the start. It's just that much worse now, with the overall increase in resources, nerfs, and all the other stuff that was changed over time.  

This.

On 6/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, thrawn3054 said:

It's a video game. You can't make him unstoppable. Why would anyone play a game they can't win? And as a film buff I'd have thought you'd remember he was stopped every single time.

This game is not WIN LOSS. It was never intended to be. That's why there are no leader boards or even advanced stats. 

Some of you just can't shake the fact that this isn't supposed to be competitive. You're in for 20 minutes, you do what you can to survive and escape. Enjoy. Repeat. 

Head to head with Jason should always result in death. Combat should be an absolute last resort. Not a hunting party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cut by half the amount of stamina gained after a successful hit or remove that system completly? Everytime you miss/blocked by Jason, you lose a small percentage of it. This way it will force people to manage their stamina even more, and combat would be less frequent as Ricky mentioned.

17 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

How will they defend themselves then? Pallets and flashlights? Or is it gonna be a extremely biased asymmetrical game, regardless of it being Jason, there always has to be counterplay to the killer. 

Jason is supposed to kill their ass.

I find it funny none of you commented on this....

On 6/6/2018 at 10:53 AM,  Slasher_Clone said: 

Jason isn't powerful enough to deal with groups, how can he be improved, without reducing stun time or nerfing the counselors. This is a hard question, been thinking about it since I chatted with @Alkavian yesterday. This is what I've come up with so far.

First, when your in the menu for you Jason, you can interact with the strengths and weaknesses like buttons. This makes me think that in the code there may be a way to change them. If there is I would suggest allowing the player to either upgrade the strengths and weakness of their Jason's either by spending CP for a temporary or permanent buff, or by unlocking them by preforming specific actions or kill combos in game. Here's an example my Jason has + grip strength, if I preform two environmental kills during a match it upgrades so I can take a melee (guns still work) hit without dropping a counselor. Example two, - Shift is used to grab two counselors (regardless if they break free) it upgrades too regular shift. Jason becomes a more unpredictable force, and the counselors may actually need to be buffed just to keep balance. 

Second, As Jason maybe there could be a way to get 'power ups' during a match. This idea isn't as well developed as the first, I've only had twelve hours or so and most of that I was asleep so bare with me. Locations around the map can be made to appear different when Jason uses sense, counselors don't see it, these areas let him do things like reduce the recharge on Shift or Morph. The shack for example could give Jason a free Morph when he sees the shrine. A few spots in the woods, twenty foot circles give him a free Shift or instant recharge, they can randomly spawn across the map making it less predictable. The Stalk points from single player challenges can be added and give Jason away to avoid being spotted/marked or appearing on the mini map. Other points could buff specific strengths and weaknesses, if Jason stays in them for a short time or activates them with a prompt. 

Edit - I think it should appear as glowing mist or fog covering the ground in the area of effect. This lets Jason know where to be to get the most benefit.

Third, give Jason the ability to activate Traps that are added to the maps. Go in the barn after Jason has been there and you may end up hanging from the rafters. Walk onto the dock for the front support columns to give way dumping you in the water. Hide in an outhouse only for it to tip over on the door trapping you (thanks puzzle Jason). Let Jason tie a chain to the axel of the car. Oh and for good measure add kills using both the battery and gas. Let's encourage those trolls to drop them when they see Jason, add a level of extra risk to being caught with one.

The other way this could work is by giving him upgrades to his existing traps, you collect broken glass from garbage cans or scraps of metal from the boathouse/garage. This idea needs work. But you can see there are ways to improve Jason without subtracting anything from the game.

The link

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19789-windows-buffs-for-counselors-jason-upgrades/

Good ideas. I think when counselors are within a certain radius of jason and they see him rise or recover from a stun/pk/flare/shotgun blast their fear should increase drastically and their stamina should recharge slower. Additionally attacks should drain stamina and each time a counselor attacks jason their fear should also rise. The point is to make attacking jason a means of creating space so you can escape not a dance. Looping emotes should also drain stamina.

• Like 1

I like your first one a lot @F134Ever86, it makes sense for the fear to increase when you see something like him get up from a shotgun blast. The stamina thing seems like it should only be the normal effect that fear has. I also 100% agree with the point that hitting Jason is about creating space. The attacking thing would be tricky to balance, your punishing weak stamina counselors with stamina drain for missing and they can't really afford it, imo. Good points though.

36 minutes ago, EternalSunshine said:

@Slasher_Clone Yes, but you also give way too much sustain for a counselor with high stamina. 

Not sure what you mean, not being dismissive, I just need you to clarify a little. Maybe an example? 

And which of my posts do you mean, my ideas or my response to F134ever86?

your punishing weak stamina counselors with stamina drain for missing and they can't really afford it
By 'you' I meant to target the game in general, not you personally, as for now it gives too much sustain for counselor with high stamina. I think low stamina counselors can afford to get penalised for missing, just dont be a fighter, not every character should try to fight anyways. Hence why we're having dancing parties around Jason most of the time. The goal here is to get rid of Pinata Jason.

19 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

First, when your in the menu for you Jason, you can interact with the strengths and weaknesses like buttons. This makes me think that in the code there may be a way to change them. If there is I would suggest allowing the player to either upgrade the strengths and weakness of their Jason's either by spending CP for a temporary or permanent buff, or by unlocking them by preforming specific actions or kill combos in game. Here's an example my Jason has + grip strength, if I preform two environmental kills during a match it upgrades so I can take a melee (guns still work) hit without dropping a counselor. Example two, - Shift is used to grab two counselors (regardless if they break free) it upgrades too regular shift. Jason becomes a more unpredictable force, and the counselors may actually need to be buffed just to keep balance. 

If you do this with Jason there really isn't any need to penalize low stamina counselors. I'd rather expand what exists, and give Jason a small amount of progression at the same time. I get what your saying now but I still think it wouldn't be good for one on one chases. Having a more unpredictable Jason would also increase the replay value on both sides.

Example two, - Shift is used to grab two counselors (regardless if they break free) it upgrades too regular shift

By that you mean it upgrades during the match and once its over youre back with regular -shift comes next game? If so, I like the idea.

1 hour ago, EternalSunshine said:

Example two, - Shift is used to grab two counselors (regardless if they break free) it upgrades too regular shift

By that you mean it upgrades during the match and once its over youre back with regular -shift comes next game? If so, I like the idea.

Yeah, it would be an upgrade you re-earn every match, encouraging Jason to choose how he improves each match, and providing a little more unpredictability. Each weakness or even strength could have an upgrade. + destruction could need to break a number of objects or doors to decrease how many hits it takes. Lots of little ways to tweak it.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2018 at 7:46 PM, Redcat345 said:

Jason is supposed to kill their ass.

As if we didn’t already know that. Like I said, any asymmetrical game with a killer needs counterplay. If we gave Jason and nerfed counselors the way you wanted it, the game would die faster than it already is. Sad truth ??‍♀

6 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

As if we didn’t already know that. Like I said, any asymmetrical game with a killer needs counterplay. If we gave Jason and nerfed counselors the way you wanted it, the game would die faster than it already is. Sad truth ??‍♀

Not really.

3 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Not really.

Yes really. Empty drawer simulator with no combat doesn’t sound fun. 

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Yes really. Empty drawer simulator with no combat doesn’t sound fun. 

We never mentioned removing combat completly, but diminishing it so we dont get to a point where people gather around him and kick his ass for 5-10 mins.

On 6/15/2018 at 11:20 AM, rickyount02 said:

This game is not WIN LOSS. It was never intended to be. That's why there are no leader boards or even advanced stats. 

Some of you just can't shake the fact that this isn't supposed to be competitive. You're in for 20 minutes, you do what you can to survive and escape. Enjoy. Repeat. 

Head to head with Jason should always result in death. Combat should be an absolute last resort. Not a hunting party.

I like to imagine myself in the counselor shoes and I've been through quite a few of these counselor rounds, I know that looting for a pocketknife and teaming up with the person being attacked by Jason is the most effective way to survive. I'd rather die on my feet helping others survive by taking what I know and using that against the maniac that wants to kill us. Maybe the counselor I save tries to help me in return. More often then not they do I'm looking at you Aj..

You are losing in this game if you can't take a loss here and there. Killing counselors is not the only way the game is played. If Jason's combat mechanics were perfected to everyone's satisfaction I would adjust to them as well in order to defend that next dying counselor because that gives me my feeling of winning even in death.