1 hour ago, Mawlock said:

Clearly you didn't actually read what I said.

Here:

"I'll hold the discoloration against everyone and anyone who gets it wrong." 

It's plain as day when you actually watch the damn film Roy is wearing Teal, not blue. I never once in all my years of watching part 5 thought he was wearing blue.

You can even double-check it in Photoshop easily

There is no other excuse other than pure laziness

"Wasn't relevant to the jumpsuit debacle?"

lol this about about so much more than that.

Roy's implementation as it is makes no sense. Why they did make him ACTUALLY Jason? He spawn's in Jason's shack, hears Jason's mother in his head, and can be sweater stunned by someone pretending to be Jason's mother. It's so pathetic. 

Anyway, what I was specifically talking about earlier was how gun/illfonic are lazy and love to cut corners.

Here, read it all again, and this time, actually read the whole damn thing: 

Any effort on their part is too much effort.

Remember when they said they were going to make Jason scary again, and all they did was give him two extra throwing knives and a negligible 1% speed increase?

Remember the half-assed way Roy was implemented?

How they originally got his color completely wrong, and only corrected it due to fan protest?

How they keep saying Pamela would be too much work to incorporate, even though there would be no franchise if it weren't for her?

I did read the whole thing. I simply pointed out that every other licensed Friday the 13th Part 5 Roy product wears blue coveralls. You are just so stubborn about stroking off your sad hate boner that you are determined to use a mistake that many, many people have made over the years (And that the franchise owners themselves have never stepped in to correct) as bonafide evidence of "laziness."

If they were lazy they wouldn't have bothered correcting it (It's not like Roy's fans are legion). You can bitch and moan about the all other stuff, but making Roy's coveralls blue wasn't an issue of laziness. 

11 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

How they keep saying Pamela would be too much work to incorporate, even though there would be no franchise if it weren't for her?

That's the biggest fucking crime in this game besides what op mentioned and this thread shows why http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13126-game-mode-pamela-voorhees-4-vs-1/

Also counselors should not be able to beat up Jason.

I'd be content with just udjusting the grab a bit. Width and recovery/speed.

Though I've been playing from launch, I wasn't a backer, so I'd like to hear their opinion. Not that I don't respect other opinions, I just give them a little more merrit. After all their contribution helped make the game possible.

Ladies and gentlemen, the floor is yours!

10 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's a video game. You can't make him unstoppable. Why would anyone play a game they can't win? And as a film buff I'd have thought you'd remember he was stopped every single time.

Too often I hear this 'it's a video game' refrain . . .

You seem unable to imagine a balance where counselors are fearful of Jason, just like they were in the movies.

And as for the difference between the artistic media of game vs. movie, well I won't even get into that.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Mawlock said:

It's plain as day when you actually watch the damn film Roy is wearing Teal, not blue. I never once in all my years of watching part 5 thought he was wearing blue.

It may not be the shade of blue that is usually depicted, but Roy’s coveralls are assuredly NOT teal (which is also a shade of blue). I’d say it’s more of a navy blue. 

5 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

It may not be the shade of blue that is usually depicted, but Roy’s coveralls are assuredly NOT teal (which is also a shade of blue). I’d say it’s more of a navy blue. 

9 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

Have to agree , regardless of what people claim here, Jason is nerfed again, this grab is just as bad as the September grab(don’t know why it was ever changed in the 1st place), didn’t take people more than a day to realize that every time Jason missed a grab(which is allot) it’s an instant stun , people are back to not fixing anything and just running circles around Jason, he’s a joke again along with all the obvious bugs.. seems like the devs promise to keep Jason OP, was just B.S to get people like me to back the game... what a joke, a;so,what happen to Jason’s upped speed that was given before the patch? People,are to dumb to notice he slower than ever.

I ran out of likes. I already spent them all on this topic.

Most of this needed to be said, though. Jason doesn't feel powerful. Or scary. Success or failure seems to be based on the quality of your team, not the skill of Jason.

Granted I've only played a handful matches since the patch. But the times I found a pocket knife and had even basic teamwork, I escaped. The only time I did not was when I did not find a knife and my "teammate" ran too far ahead while we were running for the exit. If he had stuck around, we could have broken each other out of grabs. But he ran too far ahead, so I got killed, and then he died. Not because of a good Jason, but because of bad team play. 

• Like 1

Remember they said the game would cater to hardcore horror fans and not casual fans? They lied. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mawlock said:

Neither one is particularly correct to my eyes, but I prefer the green one more because the blue one is TOO blue. Navy blue under many lighting conditions looks more grey or black than blue. It’s quite dark. 

Yeah because Jason totally doesn't ever get a beat down in the movies. Oh wait. He does. 

I swear some of you people need to rewatch the movies. If you want the game to "be like the movies" then every match would end with Jason dying. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChadFace said:

Yeah because Jason totally doesn't ever get a beat down in the movies. Oh wait. He does. 

I swear some of you people need to rewatch the movies. If you want the game to "be like the movies" then every match would end with Jason dying. 

Part III just was the final Girl.

In Part VI , Tommy only drowned him.

Part VIII...…..The toxic sewers didn´t beat him down. Well , that one guy puched him extremely often…...and? That guy´s Hands bled and his head got punched off.

16 minutes ago, ChadFace said:

Except in the movies he doesn't get chain stunned in a row and the survivors don't go looking for Jason to beat him up (maybe Tommy).

It's supposed to be a horror game but when people aren't afraid of Jason, what's the point? 

44 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Part III just was the final Girl.

Part VIII...…..The toxic sewers didn´t beat him down. Well , that one guy puched him extremely often…...and? That guy´s Hands bled and his head got punched off.

You're leaving out a couple movies there...

4 minutes ago, ChadFace said:

You're leaving out a couple movies there...

Part I doesn´t have Jason beaten down.

In Part II he isn´t stronger than a human.

In Part V Jason isn´t the Killer.

In Part VII was someone who could use telekinetic powers and in that movie Jason didn´t even tried.

In Part IX he got blown up because there were tons of soldiers with a rocket launcher. And only the rocket launcher ''stopped'' him.

In X he came back to kick ass.

6 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

I'd be content with just udjusting the grab a bit. Width and recovery/speed.

Right.

13 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It's a video game. You can't make him unstoppable. Why would anyone play a game they can't win? And as a film buff I'd have thought you'd remember he was stopped every single time.

1 hour ago, ChadFace said:

exactly.

Give Jason A POWER slash for fighting groups. When he's down for the count and someone want's to dance or teabag over him let him stick a knife in there leg. 

Because a video game and a movie are different. You have to have balance in a video game. You don't for a movie. At least not in the same way. I never said he shouldn't be scary. But making Jason unstoppable doesn't work for a game and isn't ultimately accurate to the films.

4 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

You seem unable to imagine a balance where counselors are fearful of Jason, just like they were in the movies.

And as for the difference between the artistic media of game vs. movie, well I won't even get into that.

3 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Part I doesn´t have Jason beaten down.

In Part II he isn´t stronger than a human.

In Part V Jason isn´t the Killer.

In Part VII was someone who could use telekinetic powers and in that movie Jason didn´t even tried.

In Part IX he got blown up because there were tons of soldiers with a rocket launcher. And only the rocket launcher ''stopped'' him.

In X he came back to kick ass.

Hmmm, wasn't there a movie where Jason died? Like a "Final Chapter" of sorts? 😉

Also, you forgot the part in JGTH where Steven repeatedly punches Jason in the face, and then Jessica kicks a dagger into his chest.

3 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Don't forget Megan swam out and turned the boat propeller on in his face, slicing him till he passed out.

20 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I read this in Mrs. Vorhees voice and nearly spit out my drink. LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIMMM

YES LMAO ME TOO! I read it in her voice from one of the Pamela Tapes lmao! 😂

"How dare you! My son's condition?!"

"N-No Pamela, he didn't mean t-"

"I am done talking to you. ALL OF YOU! I am going to find my son myself!"

"No Mrs.Voorhees, we need to continue your-"

"Fuck you, you are nothing but heartless murderers. You are leaving my son to die all alone out there!"

11 hours ago, Poormetheus said:

Lots of good points in this thread and I agree with Pamela being playable. It's a travesty sure but at the same time having to redo the opening scenes where Pam walks up. Getting the voice actress for more dialogue and redoing her abilities (probably wouldn't but hey) on top of a new character model and figuring out what the new ending screen would be. Or actually would you guys just be happy with a Pamela skin/new voice overs? If they did it the right way it would be a bit sure but all the while people would be moaning about how the games dead and the devs don't care again. Not trying to stir a shit cauldron and pick a fight with a shit hawk, I'm just saying.

On the other hand I'm all for removing the Jason map icon and danger music unless he is right on your ass. The game without the music is actually scarier imho because all you hear is the forest and your councilor which makes you feel more isolated. Speaking of which people should spawn further away from one another. Make maps harder to find and giving Jason the ability to sabotage items would be great.

The "it's just a game" line gets old quick and infuriates me and countless others because No it' not just a game it's a game made by hardcore Friday the 13th fans FOR hardcore Friday the 13th fans. 

The evidence is all around you, look in the virtual cabin and the audio diaries, single player challenges or the original virtual cabin. The fact they had savini and hodder contribute to it because they wanted it done right. This was a kickstarter originally now it's a shared dream come to fruition by many F13 fans. This games target audience was F13 diehards and eventually expanded to include casuals so you can't sit there and tell the fans to calm down when they just want gun/illfonic to get it right because of how much they care. 

Tldr; F13 is bae

• Thanks 2

Gonna need a ton of hemorrhoid cream for all the butthurt in here.

How is Jason going to be scary to somebody that's faced him a thousand times? And also, it is quite literally just a game. It does require a certain amount of skill to be good at Jason or a counselor for that matter.

They changed the grab and now it's time to adjust strategies to compensate. All the whining in the world isn't going to change that...

On 6/7/2018 at 7:33 PM, BeautyNumber2 said:

I read this in Mrs. Vorhees voice and nearly spit out my drink. LOOK WHAT YOU DID TO HIMMM

Voorhees.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Voorhees.

Did you know , that the german dvd´s of the movies Always wrote Voorhees wrong? Except for Part II and IX it was Vorhees , Vorhes , Voorheees ,....

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Gonna need a ton of hemorrhoid cream for all the butthurt in here.

How is Jason going to be scary to somebody that's faced him a thousand times? And also, it is quite literally just a game. It does require a certain amount of skill to be good at Jason or a counselor for that matter.

They changed the grab and now it's time to adjust strategies to compensate. All the whining in the world isn't going to change that...

Super Mario Bros . . . that's just a game.

4 minutes ago, Poormetheus said:

Super Mario Bros . . . that's just a game.

And so is Friday the 13th the game. Even says it in the title.

You know if everybody would stop spamming the grab button they'd probably get hit a lot less. like I said it's  time to adjust strategies. Got a beating as Jason? Suck it up buttercup. They changed his grab and gave him a weak spot. Now you're going to have to get used to it and adapt your playstyle accordingly...