12 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It is intended that you can use a trap to trap Jason.

Yes. Nobody's arguing that. In fact, that's not at all the point. 

This doesn´t mean devs had the oversight what this means. Not at all. Again, something that is the same for both sides can´t be an exploit, it´s a balance issue.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here. Can you repeat it in a different way?

Didn´t know salt has an influence on logic thinking...

I haven't gotten any salt. I always wait till I escape or die when I leave a match. 

But, (see, now I'm piqued) salt (meaning: anger) is one of the most influential things on one's thought process. Haven't you ever watched a mafia movie? "Anger clouds judgment!"

Exactly that IS the point. That it is intended to trap Jason with traps. Devs didn´t think it trough tough. And again, if Jason places a trap than a counselor also can´t trap that spot anymore. The fault here is that Jason can´t do shit about traps besides stepping in, not the placement of counselor traps.

What´s next? Not allowed to use them outdoor at all anymore? Or remove them?

Maybe try to adapt instead of crying exploit, where no exploit is?

Again, what do you expect the devs to do here? You really think they gonna make this bannable? Gun/Illfonic adding something to the bannable offenses?

We still need to stay as spectator until match ends, to get the biggest XP part and you guys bitch about this small balance issue? Not even talking about giant weapons and all the other bugs right now.

I wasn´t talking about ingame salt.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What´s next? Not allowed to use them outdoor at all anymore? Or remove them?

Why do you take it that far?

Maybe try to adapt instead of crying exploit, where no exploit is?

Countering it is probably no big deal because I regularly use 3 trap Jasons. It's never happened to me though. I've actually never seen it in-game either. It's probably never gonna happen to me too, because I always go straight to the phone. But I don't like it. It's a very dumb way to block him. It's makes me disappointed in the game, in the same way some people are disappointed with the graphics or the glitches, etc. It looks bad, just like everybody thought door combat looked bad.

Jason should never have trouble casting aside something that weighs 50lbs. It feels like lazy design. And if it starts spreading and it becomes a regular thing, it's gonna be a pretty lame multiplayer then. 

I have an alternative though. Bear traps should be fair game. The counselors and Jason should be able to set counselor bear traps, but if Jason sets them they act like a Jason trap regarding disarming them. Jason can't carry them them. As well as counselors can't rearm or pick up Jason's leafy traps. Problem solved. 

Again, what do you expect the devs to do here? You really think they gonna make this bannable? Gun/Illfonic adding something to the bannable offenses?

Was door combat bannable? 
Again, you're going a little too far with this. 

We still need to stay as spectator until match ends, to get the biggest XP part and you guys bitch about this small balance issue? Not even talking about giant weapons and all the other bugs right now.

Personally, I'm level 150 and XP never meant much to me to begin with. I never cared about leaving and missing out on that 500xp. (it's 500, right?) Giant weapons and other bugs are obvious and there's not much to be said about them. But this is a more complex issue on whether something is good or bad for the game. So don't you use those forum cliches on me, thank you very much.

I wasn´t talking about ingame salt

I already covered that.

PS: I will give a "like" to the first person who can spot the other forum cliche(s) he used in his post.

How can this thread go on for fucking seven pages , where that shit gets defended?

That´s just a joke. Jason would just throw that shit away in that Moment......

IT DOESN´T EVEN MAKE ANY KIND OF SENSE!

Yeah , of Course , the phone is the top priority. But what About them trapping every other objective? Wasting three traps that can be avoided on the phone? Uhm , No. What if you accidently Morph a bit away?...….

This is just a joke , it´s fucking pathetic and cheap.

How can you defend this?...….''hurhur , I am just finking outfide tha boks , hurhur. Just getting reel kriiiative here''……….NO , NO , NOOOOOO! (I would post ''NEIN , NEIN , NEIN'' but probably someone would get offended)

This has to be removed……………

Anyone with a Right mind or even with just a bit of sanity would get , that this is just pure Bullshit.

In my opinion , that´s just gamebreaking. The Pocket knife stun is lame , yeah but not gamebreaking. This however is. Being unable to trap the objectives is just stupid.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Being unable to trap the objectives is just stupid.

You CAN trap it though. Just get there first... If the fuse box is your top priority, then be the first one to trap it... You can morph there instantly. They have to go find a trap, find the fuse box AND get to it before you.

Even if someone does this to you, what's the big deal? So you might not get everyone in that match. Who cares? Learn from it and move on...

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

You CAN trap it though. Just get there first... If the fuse box is your top priority, then be the first one to trap it... You can morph there instantly. They have to go find a trap, find the fuse box AND get to it before you.

Even if someone does this to you, what's the big deal? So you might not get everyone in that match. Who cares? Learn from it and move on...

Door Combat could be completely countered. This however not.

It should just not even exist.

• Like 1

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Door Combat could be completely countered. This however not.

It should just not even exist.

How is this any different than a counselor placing a trap outside a door? It has the same effect, but nobody cares because it's not the fuse box.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

How is this any different than a counselor placing a trap outside a door? It has the same effect, but nobody cares because it's not the fuse box.

If they put it by the fuse box unarmed so that Jason can´t trap it anymore and placing it outside the door to trap him (which can be countered) , buy some time and it doesn´t hinder you the whole match over.

If you see , that some here already scream , because they found another way how troll Jason and piss him off , it´s Pretty clear that there is something wrong.

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

If they put it by the fuse box unarmed so that Jason can´t trap it anymore and placing it outside the door to trap him (which can be countered)

How can it be countered? Even after he steps in it, he can't place his own trap there. It's no different.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

How can it be countered? Even after he steps in it, he can't place his own trap there. It's no different.

Who has the Intention to trap the door just so that Jason can´t trap the door? You place it there , so that you buy yourself some time.

And you can just Combat stance the door and then shift over the trap to avoid it. You just have to place yourself different and you may use Overhead swings.

Combat stance the door

Not if it's in the right spot. Or can you walk over traps in combat stance?

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Who has the Intention to trap the door just so that Jason can´t trap the door?

Why do you assume that they didn't intend to set the trap after repairing the fuse?

21 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Thank you! As Jason you don't have to trap the phone to win the game. It's not exploiting you, it's just getting there BEFORE you. Just acknowledge that someone was there, wreck the house. Smash all the windows, bust up the doors and move on. Or, place traps around their trap, be creative! Guaranteed they'll be back, make em pay when you come across them trying to make the repair. Or shift into the house when they call. Exploiting is something that has no counter, there are many ways to counter the trap game. You'll figure it out.

sorry red i disagree the phone must be trapped its really the only thing traps are useful for

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Not if it's in the right spot. Or can you walk over traps in combat stance?

You just have to place yourself different and you may use Overhead swings.  The Spear would totally overcome it. Approach it from the side. And also doing that would most of the time just end in trapping a counselor.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Why do you assume that they didn't intend to set the trap after repairing the fuse?

But why would Jason trap the door?

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You just have to place yourself different and you may use Overhead swings.  The Spear would totally overcome it. Approach it from the side.

I'm not sure that still works, but I'll give you that. Maybe we should discuss how that should be considered an exploit?

And also doing that would most of the time just end in trapping a counselor.

Which is exactly why they don't arm the trap at the fuse until AFTER it is repaired.

I see people do it all the time.

I'm not sure that still works, but I'll give you that. Maybe we should discuss how that should be considered an exploit?

You mean Combat stancing doors?

Which is exactly why they don't arm the trap at the fuse until AFTER it is repaired.

Weren´t we Talking About trapping the door?

For those of you that think that there isn't at least some grain of truth that this is indeed an exploit. Those of you that are saying, "hey just get there faster"- did you know that before the Devs patched the Packanack roof glitch, you know well you did have a counter to that. You could have just morphed there right away. Duhhhh.

Again, is this an end of the world issue that plagues every game? No. Are there literally dozens more damaging issuee that the Devs should be responding to first. Absolutely.

But to argue that this is a "get gud" issue and that this at the very least is obvious cheese and probably for sure an exploit is disingenuous at best and idiotic at worst.

Again, I've used this very obvious dirt bag tactic before. It's clear as day that the Devs did not mean for this to hurt Jason's ability to lay traps. It probably should be worked out at some point.

4 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Weren´t we Talking About trapping the door?

Mixed up posts, my bad.

People were complaining because they weren't actually setting the trap, just placing it there. Your statement that trapping outside a door puts counselors at risk explains that, and since I thought YOU had said that I was bringing the conversation back to it.

10 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You mean Combat stancing doors?

If it's being used to get past a counselors trap, then yes.

@malloymk:

17 hours ago, Truth said:

I don't think it's an exploit, but I also don't think it was intended. I don't think the devs even thought about this. We are advised to think outside the box, that's what this is. They didn't put counselor traps into the game with the intention for them to trap objectives, but it IS a legitimate strategy.

I wouldn't relate this to the roof exploit by any means. That's completely different. They were getting to a spot where they could not be killed. Doesn't matter if you got there first, they still would've been able to get through the wall.

Mixed up posts, my bad.

People were complaining because they weren't actually setting the trap, just placing it there. Your statement that trapping outside a door puts counselors at risk explains that, and since I thought YOU had said that I was bringing the conversation back to it.

Oh , man , I was so confused.

But you can trap the counselors very often if you place it outside the door. @AdmiralJT and I had a discussion over this and he can explain why.

If it's being used to get past a counselors trap, then yes. 

If you want to make a thread About that , then go for it.

They were getting to a spot where they could not be killed.

They could be killed with throwing knives.

It's different than a roof glitch and can't be called an 'exploit', because the developers obviously intended it to be that way. This has been a thing since the game released. They know about it, people do it. They are aware of the fact that Jason cannot place traps on top of counselor traps. But it's never been a real issue, and they've never talked about patching it.

If you want it changed that's one thing but I do not think it's an exploit, and personally, I am fine with it. It is what it is and it's super easy to work around. 

44 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

To catch a counselor.

Here imagine your Jason on Packanack, you know the far north house on the main strip, its backdoor leads to the roundabout in the north west corner of the map. You trap that back door as people will exit it as you herd them north, if you have a trap waiting you start breaking the door, then Shift around when they all flee out the back. There are lots of times I use traps at doors and windows, the people who think they're useless also tend to think they're only for guarding objectives. Here's another one, for windows trap the Higgins house back and side window, chase them in the front, almost everyone tries to go out through one of the rooms with locks on the first floor and then you have them, easy kills. 

If your up against a good Jason, you need to treat it seriously, that means seeing how Jason thinks and then using it to your advantage. Jason guards objectives, I can guard objectives. Jason uses the water for quickly cutting across the map, if I know where Jason is, I can too. Water isn't a death sentence, it's a calculated risk. Pinehurst is to big, because people don't take short cuts, it would still be a big map but more manageable. Jason traps bridges because there choke points, so you swim around or keep your eyes peeled. It's a game of strategy, if you want it to be. Also stealth is king on Pinehurst, it becomes the most useful stat. Jason can't sense you because of range, so take advantage of that. Got a little off topic. 

My point is, the game allows both sides, to play to defend objectives and too acquire objectives through speed. Trapping something like the fuze box, is just a play for time. It only slows a good Jason down for a second. It also might do more harm than good as Jason now knows there's someone else actively trying to acquire objectives. In QP you can have five minutes before anyone even starts trying to escape. I'm a little surprised your on that side of this debate @The Wolf with that Toast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. This isn’t an exploit, it’s an advanced tactic. And I gotta say...it’s pretty fucking clever.

2. For those of you who are comparing it to issue with acouncilor getting to an spot that isn’t reachable by Jason, that is an exploit.  He can’t get to you, you’re unkillable. 

Also, Placing the beartrap at the fuse box, doesn’t stop him from breaking the phone nor does it guarantee that the counselor is going to fix the phone.  Basically,  Jason has to decide if he needs to camp the phone and risk the car getting fixed.  This isn’t any different than a councelor choosing to tank his trap, remember he isn’t able to stack traps anymore. Jason can still trap the phone box, just place the trap close to the bear trap forcing the counselor to either tank it or cut it when they come back with the fuse.  If the bear trap is armed the counselor is delayed to spring the bear trap, and then still has to compete the repair and make the call.  Any delay to a repair favors Jason.  If Jason knows you put a bear trap he is going to be watching the phone, putting even more pressure on the repair. 

Also, if you think it’s going to be to hard to break the phone, target the person making the call instead. If the counselors are working together there’s going to be more guards on the box, usually there’s only one person in the house making a call.  (I’ve blocked the cops from coming by killing the caller and staying inside the cabin.)

3. After over 800 hours I have yet to encounter this, most of the time people are dicking around and not pushing objectives or even bothering to move the part closer to the goal. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Oh , man , I was so confused.

I confused myself too lol

8 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

They could be killed with throwing knives.

Only if they stood at the edge of the roof (and didn't know how to block).

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Only if they stood at the edge of the roof (and didn't know how to block).

What About god-aim throws on the hill?

@Slasher_Clone

To catch a counselor.

Here imagine your Jason on Packanack, you know the far north house on the main strip, its backdoor leads to the roundabout in the north west corner of the map. You trap that back door as people will exit it as you herd them north, if you have a trap waiting you start breaking the door, then Shift around when they all flee out the back. There are lots of times I use traps at doors and windows, the people who think they're useless also tend to think they're only for guarding objectives. Here's another one, for windows trap the Higgins house back and side window, chase them in the front, almost everyone tries to go out through one of the rooms with locks on the first floor and then you have them, easy kills. 

If your up against a good Jason, you need to treat it seriously, that means seeing how Jason thinks and then using it to your advantage. Jason guards objectives, I can guard objectives. Jason uses the water for quickly cutting across the map, if I know where Jason is, I can too. Water isn't a death sentence, it's a calculated risk. Pinehurst is to big, because people don't take short cuts, it would still be a big map but more manageable. Jason traps bridges because there choke points, so you swim around or keep you eyes peeled. It's a game of strategy, if you want it to be. Also stealth is king on Pinehurst, it becomes the most useful stat. Jason can't sense you because of range, so take advantage of that. Got a little off topic. 

My point is, the game allows both sides, to play to defend objectives and too acquire objectives through speed. Trapping something like the fuze box, is just a play for time. It only slows a good Jason down for a second. It also might do more harm than good as Jason now knows there's someone else actively trying to acquire objectives. In QP you can have five minutes before anyone even starts trying to escape. I'm a little surprised your on that side of this debate @The Wolf with that Toast.

Yeah , I know with trapping them like that but why would you trap the door just so that Jason can´t trap it? I also don´t think they´re useless but with -Traps I don´t have a lot of playroom , you know. I also thought About trapping the map ''dispenser'' but yeah…..

You shouldn´t take this game seriously. Just Play it relaxed and casual. And yeah , water isn´t a death sentence. Trapping the Bridge is a really cool Idea…..which I can´t afford.

Defending an objective so that it can´t be defended…...erm…..uhh……?

It also might do more harm than good as Jason now knows there's someone else actively trying to acquire objectives.

I don´t really get this part. Could you Maybe explain it a bit more?

And I am heavily surprised that you and @Truth are on that side of the debate.

I can agree that Combat stancing doors is unintented but it is Pretty minor , especially now.

But this? This is just too much. It luckily never happened to me but it will not hinder me that much. But defending this is just out of my mind. The Pocket knife is also Pretty minor to me but this one changes the whole playstyle!

In my opinion it´s just cheap and many here already are happy that they found another way to piss off/troll Jason...……….yeah…….this one is Pretty obvious.

Defending Pocket knife stuns is Pretty stupid to me but I can live with that since it´s Pretty minor and if they think , that it is ''a viable strategy to survive'' , then just fuck it. (Is there actually a poll that the Pocket knife stun should get removed or should stay?)

But this one Impacts it just too much.