Because Jason can’t counter these traps, it is exploitive. The counselor put it at the phone box knowing Jason can’t do anything about, and if that’s not an exploit than please explain to me what one is?

Some of the comments in here are similar to me saying. “Well I got on top of the roof, and it’s not an exploit, because Jason should of just simply killed me before I got on the roof?”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Fill this out and hand it in to @Kodiak

I'm definitely going to pull this out next time I play monopoly with my friends!!!

1 hour ago, TiffanyCakes said:

IM ABOUT TO START DOING THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!OMG PRICELESS!!!!THANK YOU OP!!!!!

Also heres another tip guys....PLACE THE TRAP IN FRONT OF THE DOOR...NOT behind it....That way the big dead retard has no choice but to step in the trap ?.  THEY GET SOOOO PISSED. This lets you run to another house when he steps in that trap and then run back to it later if he refuses to go ahead and break the door down...Also if he rages through it...smack him and go to the next house that has a trap in from of the door!!! So many people are still putting traps BEHIND DOORS WHEN JASON JUST SHIFTS OVER IT!!!!!

You do know that you can just combat stance the door, avoiding the trap and then shift over it right? Or better yet, if it’s a large cabin, then Jason can just enter through the back door. Also, these tips are garbage IMO. 

5 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

I'm not taking it personally, I just think it is a mistake to be so eager to shut things down. It's not like these forums are super active; discussions are needed.

It should be shut down because it's gonna go nowhere. A lot of people have bad taste. They'll except whatever cheap crap is given to them, especially if it makes things easier. A gourmet meal to them is going to Burger King instead of McDonald's; you know what I mean? That's the mentality we're dealing with here. 

And again, with this game, everybody should throw the notion of "intended" out the window. It was too rushed for intentions.   

1 hour ago, woundcowboy said:

What are people not getting? Counselors CAN bypass his traps by a knife or taking it and spraying. Placing a trap elsewhere does nothing because they don't need to go through it. 

I get that. But that doesn't mean it's unfair. Jason has a limited amount of traps in the first place. And it is up to the player to decide how to use them because they cannot be used to trap all of the objectives. bottom line is someone outsmarted you. It happens. But Jason can still attack the phone box and/place traps around the counselor trap. So it's not an exploit. Truth be told placing a trap in front of the phone box isn't always going to work anyway because most people will walk over it, do a quick spray and take off. Is that an exploit too? Because you end up with the same problem of not being able to place a trap on that spot. Tbh it's a very genius idea to beat Jason at his own game and trap objectives from Jason instead of doors.

2 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I get that. But that doesn't mean it's unfair. Jason has a limited amount of traps in the first place. And it is up to the player to decide how to use them because they cannot be used to trap all of the objectives. bottom line is someone outsmarted you. It happens. But Jason can still attack the phone box and/place traps around the counselor trap. So it's not an exploit. Truth be told placing a trap in front of the phone box isn't always going to work anyway because most people will walk over it, do a quick spray and take off. Is that an exploit too? Because you end up with the same problem of not being able to place a trap on that spot. Tbh it's a very genius idea to beat Jason at his own game and trap objectives from Jason instead of doors.

This would be a total waste. The counselor will repairing the phone and laughing at the Jason trap next to it lol.

3 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

On the subject of Trap "exploits" I would suggest that what is seen in the following video is something that could be addressed by the devs as unlikely you are to see it successfully done in a real game:

Lol, this is great

The little kid that was playing Jason was raging something serious wasn’t he? Haha

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

This would be a total waste. The counselor will repairing the phone and laughing at the Jason trap next to it lol.

Depends on what Jason you are. I always prioritize the phone box and will place 4 traps there so even if they tank one, there's one more they have to get through. And then I go for the blue car next. I don't even bother with the yellow car and it works for me. I always go to the fuse house first and don't bother grabbing the knives in Jasons hut so counselors don't even have a chance to do such a thing. Again. It's not an exploit. You went someone else long enough for the counselor to outsmart you and instead of adapting to it you would rather call it an exploit, even though you can still attack the phone box to keep the counselors from calling the cops. You might need a better strategy when it comes to placing traps of this is happening to you so much that it's an exploit to you.

12 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

The little kid that was playing Jason was raging something serious wasn’t he? Haha

I never listened to it with audio.... Should I?

Since we spreading trap tactics, I should add (when your the last one alive), putting it in a doorway and closing it, but not locking it. If you get a clean break to a small cabin it gives you time to re exit a window and depending on your counselor get to another cabin. 

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Since we spreading trap tactics, I should add (when your the last one alive), putting it in a doorway and closing it, but not locking it. If you get a clean break to a small cabin it gives you time to re exit a window and depending on your counselor get to another cabin. 

This won’t work on Jason’s, that are very aware of their surroundings. 

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

It's as good as an exploit. It's people taking advantage of cheap, neglected design.

Why anyone would accept that, let alone like it, is beyond me.

Because, and I've called it out everytime I see it, the folks that play counselor preferred desperately want to keep any advantage that they can, be it an intended part of the game or not.

Seriously. Look at the past balance threads of the last 2 days and its always the same damn people voting against any tweak or change to the counselors or their perks, now they're desperate not to lose their exploit.

I really don´t see a problem with an activated trap at the phone box, your fault if you don´t go there first.  If this annoys you go phone first, problem solved.  Nothing cheap here, just people pissed they can´t do their 08/15 scheme anymore. 

It´s not like this happens often anyways. No idea why someone would not activate it and miss the chance for XP/badge tough.

Case in point, the discussion is entirely pointless. Why? Because this is clearly something that has been overlooked by the game developers so far. Still, it is a design flaw that can be taken advantage of, so people will take advantage of it. Hell, it's not outright cheating, it's not grounds for getting banned (if people were actually getting banned, of course), so I might even do it myself.

The awareness that topics like this bring, however, is important. It brings situations like this to the attention of the community and the developers. The devs might decide not to take any action against it, sure, since the standard meta and the community culture pretty much demand that the phone box be your number one priority starting the game, but if doorway combat is any indicator, I'd say that if it never gets patched out, it's simply because it never escalated enough to be a pressing issue.

For now, your best course of action, as Jason, is to simply trap the phone box as fast as you can and you should be good.

Here's a summary of my argument so it's very clear:
1-This is not intended by the developers.
2-It represents no actual rule violation, so people will do it regardless of being intended or not.
3-Taking doorway combat as an example, it seems likely and natural to assume that the developers would not consider this a legit strategy.
4-Despite all the above, it' not a major issue, so it's very unlikely that it'll be removed from the game.

1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

im totally gonna do this every playthrough now. whoever came up with that idea is a fucking genius

2 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

Have you ever heard of wiz3933? If not then he’s one of the best Jason’s on PS4, check out his twitch. 

Uh oh, I better clarify my statement. What I mean by saying I’m “pro Jason” was that I’m in favor of Jason having more game elements working in his favor than the counselors do. I didn’t mean that I’m a “pro player,” or “professional Jason player.” :)

3 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Uh oh, I better clarify my statement. What I mean by saying I’m “pro Jason” was that I’m in favor of Jason having more game elements working in his favor than the counselors do. I didn’t mean that I’m a “pro player,” or “professional Jason player.” :)

Nah, no worries. I figured since you're a good Jason, you must have heard of wiz, before :) 

It's not an exploit. The problem is everyone getting into the same repetition of what must be done in order to "win."

I still see Jasons wasting 3-4 traps on the phone that do no more to prevent counselors from calling the police than the 1 trap I place at the box itself.

There are other uses for traps that Jason has at his disposal in the same way that counselors have found this use for their own traps.

If traps and traps alone were the be-all-end-all of Jason's game, then part 3,4,7,9 Jasons would always end up doing low numbers in games and that is simply not the case.

You just have to get out of the habit where you believe this one certain play style is the only one.

1 hour ago, JulianVK said:

For now, your best course of action, as Jason, is to simply trap the phone box as fast as you can and you should be good.

Here's a summary of my argument so it's very clear:
1-This is not intended by the developers.
2-It represents no actual rule violation, so people will do it regardless of being intended or not.
3-Taking doorway combat as an example, it seems likely and natural to assume that the developers would not consider this a legit strategy.
4-Despite all the above, it' not a major issue, so it's very unlikely that it'll be removed from the game.

1. Placing traps was intended, and we were encouraged to be creative.

2. Because it's a strategy, like castling. 

3. It has nothing to do with door combat, which is gone.

4. It is part of the game, get over it.

2 hours ago, Dead Meme said:

This won’t work on Jason’s, that are very aware of their surroundings. 

Sure, but when it works you get more time to do what you need.

We’ve really exhausted shit to discuss when the slightest inconvenience of something done 1/100 matches warrants this much attention. What’s next, a thread forbidding counselors from driving the boat around the map because it exploits the fact that Part 3 doesn’t have water speed as a strength. BUT THE BOAT WASN’T INTENDED TO BE DRIVEN AROUND THAT LONG!!1

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

1. Placing traps was intended, and we were encouraged to be creative.

2. Because it's a strategy, like castling. 

3. It has nothing to do with door combat, which is gone.

4. It is part of the game, get over it.

Sure, but when it works you get more time to do what you need.

That’s the thing though, when it WORKS. I’m not against your tips, just saying that these will only work on casual, newbies, and inexperienced Jason players. 

14 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

BUT THE BOAT WASN’T INTENDED TO BE DRIVEN AROUND THAT LONG!!1

IT'S NOT! 

"Team Boat Runs out of Gas"

1 minute ago, Ker Juice said:

IT'S NOT! 

"Team Boat Runs out of Gas"

This is really confusing. I don't know if people don't understand that the trap thing is an unintended effect or if they are choosing to ignore it to try and be clever. Things like kiting, boat speed and Jason traps are fine because there are scenarios where either side can win (any Jason can catch the boat, or the counselor can escape, Jason traps can be taken out: silently or by running over them) Something that was brought to my attention is that this is also possible on the cars as well. Jason can't be everywhere at once so this means that at least one objective can't be trapped per match.

Oh well, Jason just has to try and overcome things with no counterplay I guess.

1 minute ago, woundcowboy said:

Oh well, Jason just has to try and overcome things with no counterplay I guess.

But there are things you can do to counter a counselor trapping the phone box, you can just break it again once it's fixed, or morph there before a counselor can do this. Part of this game is adapting.