3 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

On the subject of Trap "exploits" I would suggest that this is something that could be addressed by the devs if not done so already:

lmfao I remember that video

1 hour ago, Truth said:

But if they actually SET the trap, then it just puts other counselors at risk. You place it there and arm it AFTER fixing the fuse. That way the trap is already there and ready to go (plus he can't place his own traps on it now).

I’m unclear what the point would be to arm the trap after fixing the fuse. Well, yes, I do see the point, but if you fix it cleanly then you don’t need to because you didn’t attract his attention. And if you DID attract his attention you likely don’t have enough time to set the trap. It almost doesn’t seem worth it. I’d try setting the trap a little further back so that you can still fix the fuse, and then hope that Jason is too focused on smashing the box to see it. 

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

Dude..     Hes talking about dropping UNSET traps at a objective point.   In order to block Jason from dropping traps.   Its got nothing to do with trapping Jason.

I thought that was obvious? I wasn't suggesting otherwise. I was making the point that the default thought of only trapping jason at doorways wasn't the only place to consider.

IM ABOUT TO START DOING THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!OMG PRICELESS!!!!THANK YOU OP!!!!!

Also heres another tip guys....PLACE THE TRAP IN FRONT OF THE DOOR...NOT behind it....That way the big dead retard has no choice but to step in the trap ?.  THEY GET SOOOO PISSED. This lets you run to another house when he steps in that trap and then run back to it later if he refuses to go ahead and break the door down...Also if he rages through it...smack him and go to the next house that has a trap in from of the door!!! So many people are still putting traps BEHIND DOORS WHEN JASON JUST SHIFTS OVER IT!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, woundcowboy said:

Because there is nothing Jason can do to counter it.

Actually, there absolutely is: make fuse box trapping top priority.

You have Morph. You can see the phone house on the map.

They don't. They can't.

If you make sure you ALWAYS get there before Mr. Trap-Carrying Counselor can, you're golden. Heck, you may actually run INTO Mr. Trap-Carrying Counselor and catch him in a nice, big hug!

What's bad about that??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

I’d try setting the trap a little further back so that you can still fix the fuse, and then hope that Jason is too focused on smashing the box to see it. 

That works too, but then he can still place his trap in front of it.

The only reason people care about this is because it's the fuse. You don't see Jason players complaining when someone puts a trap outside a door. It's the same thing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

Also heres another tip guys....PLACE THE TRAP IN FRONT OF THE DOOR...NOT behind it....That way the big dead retard has no choice but to step in the trap ?.  THEY GET SOOOO PISSED. This lets you run to another house when he steps in that trap and then run back to it later if he refuses to go ahead and break the door down...Also if he rages through it...smack him and go to the next house that has a trap in from of the door!!! So many people are still putting traps BEHIND DOORS WHEN JASON JUST SHIFTS OVER IT!!!!!

Been doing this for ages too. Really fucks the Jasons off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also suggest this, but it isn’t as foolproof as you think it is. I have seen many savvy Jason players smash down doors without setting off the trap placed in front of it. 

Yeah I do that to if it a strip of houses put one in the front of the door next house put one behind the door 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Stop antagonizing other people. Did you see the comment I made on the last page about how I was watching this thread? 

If you want to post then post something constructive, not antagonizing remarks.

Who did I antagonize? 

I have broken zero forum rules. I made a general statement but if the shoe fits, so be it.

And yes I did see your comment, what about it? And why didn't you PM me this, your comment has as much to do with the topic as mine. 

As soon as they took away the ability to stack traps... one of my friends figured this out in the first game we played after that patch. Staff Sergant K... I am looking in your direction.... He put it in front of the gas on the four seater and it worked. Non of us (me and my friends) knew this mechanic was here from the beginning and it is rarely used. I have never bothered with it myself... but until they put in a mechanic for anyone to move a used trap... it will be there. Stacking a trap on top of a set trap is ridiculously dangerous as @Slasher_Clone pointed out.... I would go so far as to say it would be "stupid" to try doing this or justifying (in any way) that you should be able to do it.

Only once was someone lucky enough to get to the fuse box before me when I am playing Jason. It didn't "bug" me at all... I just continued the game. Cops got called... a few escaped, I still was able to get more than half of them.... shit happens. We all have good games and bad games. Against some players, Jason killing half the lobby is still doing pretty good.

Armed or set off, Jason cannot stack traps... the counselor trap is a trap. So long as they cannot put their trap on Jason's traps or stack their own traps (armed or not), it should work both ways. This could be removed or altered at some point... but I do not think the stacking of armed traps should EVER be allowed back into the game. The ability to discard used traps should be in the game... why can't Jason grab and throw away an unarmed trap? but in the same breath, why would a counselor want to grab and move one of Jason's used traps?

I love putting traps outside doors.

It's even funnier if Jason is in rage mode and you have a trap outside and inside. Most Jason's laugh when I do it and I tend to only bother if I am the last person alive but it's always funny

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, amberheardfan said:

This is not an exploit. You simply miss managed your trap settings. I have been doing this for months.

If trapping the fuse box is nixed then so should Jason being able to frap the entrace to his shack.

I used to trap Jason shack as Jason, now I do it as a counselor occasionally. If I happen to have a trap leaving with the sweater and an ax is easier if Jason is trapped.

@Ahab, I just see it as chess, your using a pawn to guard a piece.

16 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Actually, there absolutely is: make fuse box trapping top priority.

You have Morph. You can see the phone house on the map.

They don't. They can't.

If you make sure you ALWAYS get there before Mr. Trap-Carrying Counselor can, you're golden. Heck, you may actually run INTO Mr. Trap-Carrying Counselor and catch him in a nice, big hug!

What's bad about that??

Yeah. But in this case he's talking about the fuse. But you can do the same thing with gas and battery. As Jason you can't prioritize everything and it's hard to argue this isn't cheese. Again, I've done it myself, but to the OP's credit it's chincy and probably should be fixed at some point.

Not an exploit. Counselors cannot move Jasons traps once they are put down so it's balanced that Jason cannot move their traps either. This is a case of someone outsmarting you. Seeing as Jason can tank it and still break the phone box or put traps around the counselor trap, he is able to work around it. An exploit is something Jason cannot work around. That's why I always hit the fuse house first and worry about the cars second.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

@woundcowboy how is that an exploit? You were just out played...

Seriously?  How is that an exploit?  That a troll remark?  It's certainly not intended and you know it, and that is hardly being outplayed.

Just now, RadikalGamer said:

Seriously?  How is that an exploit?  That a troll remark?  It's certainly not intended and you know it, and that is hardly being outplayed.

It's been explained several times over in this thread. Feel free to read and catch up.

7 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Not an exploit. Counselors cannot move Jasons traps once they are put down so it's balanced that Jason cannot move their traps either. This is a case of someone outsmarting you. Seeing as Jason can tank it and still break the phone box or put traps around the counselor trap, he is able to work around it. An exploit is something Jason cannot work around. That's why I always hit the fuse house first and worry about the cars second.

What are people not getting? Counselors CAN bypass his traps by a knife or taking it and spraying. Placing a trap elsewhere does nothing because they don't need to go through it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Most people in this thread seem to be missing that point.  

1 minute ago, woundcowboy said:

What are people not getting? Counselors CAN bypass his traps by a knife or taking it and spraying. Placing a trap elsewhere does nothing because they don't need to go through it. 

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

It's been explained several times over in this thread. Feel free to read and catch up.

Yeah it's an exploit for sure, this is not intended and again you know it, nothing should prevent Jason from being able to place his own traps at the phone box, you know this lol.  I read the forum before I first posted btw champ.  You are just trying to get away with an exploit by defending it as not being one, obstructing a main objective of Jason to stop him from laying a trap at an obvious escape objective is definitely an exploit sport.  ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

it's an exploit for sure

Until this is confirmed by developers, this is just your opinion. I am surprise this topic isn't a poll. I would be curious to know how many posters consider this an exploit.(Hint: @woundcowboy add a poll). I don't personally think it is one. I think it's smart gameplay.

3 hours ago, woundcowboy said:

Hey everyone,

So last night marked the second time that I came across a really annoying exploit while I was playing Jason. I morphed to the power box near the phone and then knocked out the power. By the time I got to the phone, someone laid a counselor bear trap in front of the phone and this made it impossible for me to lay my own trap. Naturally, the cops were called early on. Has anyone else seen this? @ShiftySamurai @wes

this is why i always morph to phone first before anything else so they dont have time to do this. if you morph straight to phone first you completely thwart this tactic and maybe even catch them in the act and can get a early kill out of it. but yes it has been around since the start just not many know of it. i have known about it just never get the chance to do it or forget about it. 

2 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Until this is confirmed by developers, this is just your opinion. I am surprise this topic isn't a poll. I would be curious to know how many posters consider this an exploit.(Hint: OP add a poll). I don't personally think it is one. I think it's smart gameplay

True but we both know that I am right along with others that have posted the same types of responses--it's just common sense, the devs may or may not comment on it.  You really think the devs intended this to be?? To block Jason from being able to place traps at the phone box with one of their traps body blocking him from doing so?? ...Okay...

2 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

but we both know that I am right

You are a little full of our opinions aren't you. I disagree with you 100%. There is not doubt in my mind about this NOT being an exploit. I don't expect you to share my opinion, but I don't agree with you at all.

• Like 1

Just now, Manny1985 said:

You are a little full of our opinions aren't you. I disagree with you 100%. There is not doubt in my mind about this NOT being an exploit. I don't expect you to share my opinion, but I don't agree with you at all.

Agree to Disagree.  Hopefully the devs will chime in but again I do just think --in my opinion-- that it is just common sense that you shouldn't be able to block Jason from placing traps with a trap that is used as well not just unused mind you from him placing traps at an escape objective.  Well see I guess for now its not bannable or considered an exploit by the devs yet to my knowledge so for now people are getting away with it.