2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

What About god-aim throws at the hill?

The roof is going out of bounds using a glitch, it was an exploit. 

PS. I'm sure that the devs worry adding any new items will create exactly 'the fuze/trap' type questions, "did you intend this?" screamed loudly into the void.

11 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

What About god-aim throws on the hill?

Can still be blocked or dodged... Are you really trying to say that wasn't an exploit but this is?

16 minutes ago, Truth said:

Can still be blocked or dodged... Are you really trying to say that wasn't an exploit but this is?

No! You just said that there was no way. (Wait , if you block throwing knives you don´t get ANY Damage?)

23 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The roof is going out of bounds using a glitch, it was an exploit. I know.

PS. I'm sure that the devs worry adding any new items will create exactly 'the fuze/trap' type questions, "did you intend this?" screamed loudly into the void.

Erm , what new items?

I also edited my last post to answer you @Slasher_Clone.

6 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Wait , if you block throwing knives you don´t get ANY Damage?

Minimal damage. It would take A LOT of knives to kill someone if they block them all. I'm sure you can find a video if you're interested.

39 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You shouldn´t take this game seriously. Just Play it relaxed and casual.

I agree. People should jsut accept that they didn't trap it first (and that someone was smart enough to do this) and move on with the game. Change your strategy when you need to.

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

How can this thread go on for fucking seven pages , where that shit gets defended?

That´s just a joke. Jason would just throw that shit away in that Moment......

IT DOESN´T EVEN MAKE ANY KIND OF SENSE!

Yeah , of Course , the phone is the top priority. But what About them trapping every other objective? Wasting three traps that can be avoided on the phone? Uhm , No. What if you accidently Morph a bit away?...….

This is just a joke , it´s fucking pathetic and cheap.

How can you defend this?...….''hurhur , I am just finking outfide tha boks , hurhur. Just getting reel kriiiative here''……….NO , NO , NOOOOOO! (I would post ''NEIN , NEIN , NEIN'' but probably someone would get offended)

This has to be removed……………

Anyone with a Right mind or even with just a bit of sanity would get , that this is just pure Bullshit.

In my opinion , that´s just gamebreaking. The Pocket knife stun is lame , yeah but not gamebreaking. This however is. Being unable to trap the objectives is just stupid.

If a counselor manages to place a trap before you as Jason morph and trap it then oh well...good play on their part. No reason to whine about it. Who cares? It’s not game breaking. The only game breaking glitch is on the counselors side with the rubber banding car glitch. It happens EVERY SINGLE time after the new patch to me and try hard Jason players know you’re in the glitch so they start slashing because they know you can’t do shit. You can’t hit Jason because your bat just clips through him. You can run halfway across the map but you will still teleport back to Jason. It’s complete bullshit. That is an example of a game breaking glitch. Not being able to place a trap on an objective because you didn’t get there fast enough is simply that you got outplayed, not game breaking.

• Like 2

There a lot of cool tricks and that. If I see that counselor trapped the door differently , than I am surprised and think , that´s cool. It will cost me more time but he was creative. It won´t Change any Outcome other than buying some time.

But this one? Hell no! That doesn´t buy him time , that just means I have to constantly check that stupid place! Hell , I can´t even afford chasing someone to Long. That one is game changing.

Tell me any other ''exploit'' or whatever it fucking is called. Please.

16 minutes ago, Truth said:

Minimal damage. It would take A LOT of knives to kill someone if they block them all. I'm sure you can find a video if you're interested.

No , thanks.

And @JennyMyers1984 , how will you be able to trap two objectives if they will do that on every objective? If they´re coordinated?

And sorry for gamebreaking , I meant gamechanging.

I don´t whine About it but just defending it...…….no. It´s like door Combat. They removed my mask! Good Play on their part. I got outplayed! …...Door Combat was obviously wrong and didn´t make sense. As does this one.

Who cares? I care for any Jason Player who just got 0/8 because of that stupid shit. 

And why do you talk like it´s a direct Problem for me? I can still do my Job but it will hinder me. But it will hinder others heavily.

13 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Who cares? I care for any Jason Player who just got 0/8 because of that stupid shit. 

If someone got 0/8, it's NOT because counselors trapped the objectives first. They can trap everything if they want. You should still be able to catch at least one of them. If not, then maybe their preference should be set to counselor...

14 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Tell me any other ''exploit'' or whatever it fucking is called. Please.

Packanack roof = exploit (removed)

Chain stunning (even though it requires good timing and skill) = exploit

Jarvis porch = exploit

Body blocking = exploit (removed)

TRAP STACKING = EXPLOIT (REMOVED)

Sometimes is very difficult to put a 2nd trap after the 1st one was triggered anyway. I don't think it's much of a difference.

It depends on the game, the location and the version of Jason I'm playing, but sometimes I opt to put 1 trap and sometimes 2 traps in the fuse box. When I put two traps, I put the 2nd one exactly behind the first one. That makes almost impossible for a counselor to fix the fuse box without triggering (or disarming) both traps.

But a bear trap placed in from on the phone box doesn't prevent you from smashing the box for sure. It's just gonna slow down you a bit.

Also, fuse box is always the first place I go as Jason. Always. If one counselor beat you and put a trap there before, it means you were very late.

22 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

And why do you talk like it´s a direct Problem for me? I can still do my Job but it will hinder me. But it will hinder others heavily.

Tell those Jason players to go to the phone box first and place his traps. You snooze, you lose. It's not like you don't know exactly where the box is at the beginning. If a counselor payer decides to risk going to a hot spot like that at the beginning of the match, then they just beat Jason to the punch.

I can't believe this is still going on, but hell I'll go ahead and throw in my 2/100ths of a dollar. I've been Jason's cheerleader since the start of this game. Every time he was nerfed, I was one of the first to come on here to bitch and complain about it. I'm still not real happy about the pinata Jason scenarios that happen from time to time, but I have learned to deal with it. 

As many have mentioned, there are are ways to work around this. It just requires more work on Jason's part. There have been many exploits in this game that have been removed (and a few that still exist), but this is not one of them. I just came to say what I had to say, and I'll stay out of it unless I am asked a direct question. Have fun with this.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

If someone got 0/8, it's NOT because counselors trapped the objectives first. They can trap everything if they want. You should still be able to catch at least one of them. If not, then maybe their preference should be set to counselor...

Packanack roof = exploit (removed) agree.

Chain stunning (even though it requires good timing and skill) = exploit agree

Jarvis porch = exploit   Never heard of that

Body blocking = exploit (removed) You mean when Jason grabs you? Who said , that this was an exploit? It actually makes sense.

TRAP STACKING = EXPLOIT (REMOVED)  This counted as one? Wasn´t it just an issue they forgot to Change?

But you don´t think this is wrong?

4 minutes ago, AJViolet said:

Sometimes is very difficult to put a 2nd trap after the 1st one was triggered anyway. I don't think it's much of a difference.

It depends on the game, the location and the version of Jason I'm playing, but sometimes I opt to put 1 trap and sometimes 2 traps in the fuse box. When I put two traps, I put the 2nd one exactly behind the first one. That makes almost impossible for a counselor to fix the fuse box without triggering (or disarming) both traps.

But a bear trap placed in from on the phone box doesn't prevent you from smashing the box for sure. It's just gonna slow down you a bit.

Also, fuse box is always the first place I go as Jason. Always. If one counselor beat you and put a trap there before, it means you were very late.

You can also place two traps as Jason. They will have to activate one.

30 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

And @JennyMyers1984 , how will you be able to trap two objectives if they will do that on every objective? If they´re coordinated?

And sorry for gamebreaking , I meant gamechanging.

I don´t whine About it but just defending it...…….no. It´s like door Combat. They removed my mask! Good Play on their part. I got outplayed! …...Door Combat was obviously wrong and didn´t make sense. As does this one.

You’re talking about what...maybe 5% of QP that will trap the phone box or cars with counselor traps? Point is that nobody is going to do that in every match you play and if you manage to get NOBODY, don’t blame it on the counselors trapping one objective because you can always manage to get at least one counselor in every match you play. 0/8 reflects on you as the Jason player and how the counselors simply outplayed you. It’s not supposed to be easy to kill counselors and if they are coordinated then they have more of a chance of escape and that will ALWAYS be the the case. A group of friends is more powerful then 7 randoms in ANY game you play. The counselors job is to escape by any means necessary, they are SUPPOSED to hinder what Jason can do. Hinder what he can do and they have a greater chance of survival. 

Exploits are the roof glitch, Jarvis porch glitch, and counselors body blocking other counselors. How the hell can people want back friendly fire but complain about counselors bear trapping objectives? It’s almost like every little thing has to be a big issue.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You mean when Jason grabs you? Who said , that this was an exploit? It actually makes sense.

You used to be able to stand next to the fuse box and have someone else repair it. You acted as a wall, so the animation wouldn't drag the repairing counselor in front of the fuse box and into Jason's trap.

Ok this might take a bit as I need to explain two things, @The Wolf with that Toast.

The first is easy, if there is a trap in that last house on Packanack (or next door), I unset trap the backdoor. Any tactic that you can use as Jason or a counselor has a counter. That's why a counselor would put an unset trap just outside a door. It's the equivalent of guarding an empty square, with a pawn, to prevent a bishop from moving there. It's a throwaway move, that might be important if I'm self repairing the car in the roundabout. 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It also might do more harm than good as Jason now knows there's someone else actively trying to acquire objectives.

I find that players don't try to escape early or guard objectives, both as a counselor and Jason. That's fine, as a counselor I got my own goals in those first minutes, I adapt if I find an objective or a part near an objective and I can safely complete it. Then it's about learning as much as I can about the map, locations and clearing houses, the more I see personally the more I can accomplish.

As Jason I look for signs that I'm up against a group or a player like me. If a player is trapping my objectives, but not still at them when I get there, it probably means they're circling the map, rotating from objective to objective via cabin hopping. They've given me a hint that they're a threat, not just that they might escape, but given the opportunity, to make it possible for people who aren't even trying to escape to get away. I then rotate through objectives, in a different way. Instead of going straight to the car, I go to the cabin they most likely went to. A power box is a good place to land as it lets you find them quicker by upping the fear. 

Any of the counselors can be used this way, Vanessa is actually the worst at it, her sound bubbles make her easier to find as Jason. Most players as counselor are like rooks, bishops, or knights. They move in predictable or slightly unpredictable ways. A player who moves around the board accomplishing objectives is a rogue queen. They can be stealth, speed, or composure builds. To me knowing they're in the match is more valuable then knowing there's a four person hunting party. I want a challenge beyond combat, when a player is, as you say trolling Jason in a creative way it elevates the game. It's now a hunt within a hunt. Also a hunting party isn't trying to escape, I got time to deal with them, it's the do nothings that slip through my fingers when someone else does most of the work. 

If I drop a trap at the fuze, and Jason goes there. I then have to keep track of Jason, so I can take advantage of how he's going to hunt me. I need to stay off his radar, and get him moving through rotation, without being tunnelled. I make mistakes when I repair, I'm not as good at it as I would like, so I spend an good chunk of time getting tunnelled. As much as I like running from decent Jason's, the game is at its best though when it became a chess match of stealth and objective completion. When you can ditch Jason and get things done one step ahead of him, it's the most like a strategy survival game. It's also rare, a Jason has to play the game at a high level in my opinion to see it as a 1 v 1 + 6, early in a match. When you trap an objective and go stealth, you let Jason know that's the type of situation he's in. The game is actually Jason verses 'a person with a plan', and some victims/distractions.

(I try to save the victims/distraction, they are supposed to be my friends, it's the right thing to do - for the XP)

Edit - list of items.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17192-more-interactable-thingies/?page=3

I had one game were Jason highly profited from this even. Everyone was trying to get the phone done because they all were like "he can´t set traps, it´s easy now" Well car was heavily trapped, it was a boat map. Jason patroled the phone and everyone basically ran into his arms.  GG 8/8.

You see most people would try that, every time i heavily trapped the cars and didn´t trap the phone (no trap there, just for a different experience) and patroled that area, people tried the phone hardcore. Barely anyone ever tried to to do the cars when i left the phone untrapped. They were all coming like a moth to the light.

Give Jason someting to deal with it. (Not just stacking it on top of the counselor trap) But just saying "you can´t place a trap on this particular spot but everywhere else" is just a stupid solution.

It´s a balance issue.

12 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

You see most people would try that, every time i heavily trapped the cars and didn´t trap the phone (no trap there, just for a different experience) and patroled that area, people tried the phone hardcore. Barely anyone ever tried to to do the cars when i left the phone untrapped. They were all coming like a moth to the light.

Risky move, but I do it too. An open objective is perfect bait.

18 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I had one game were Jason highly profited from this even. Everyone was trying to get the phone done because they all were like "he can´t set traps, it´s easy now" Well car was heavily trapped, it was a boat map. Jason patroled the phone and everyone basically ran into his arms.  GG 8/8.

Give Jason someting to deal with it. (Not just stacking it on top of the counselor trap) But just saying "you can´t place a trap on this particular spot but everywhere else" is just a stupid solution.

It´s a balance issue.

If the counselors were smart they would have started attacking the car, or splitting up. Even if they were all there, they should have been able to get some hits in and work towards demasking and setting up the kill. Camping one objective as Jason backfires if people know what they are doing and/or are supported by RNG

• Thanks 1

Considering your first morph should be the phone house, I don't see how a counselor would  have enough time to get a trap over on the phone before you got there, to be frankly honest. 

6 hours ago, pioneer67fkd said:

sorry red i disagree the phone must be trapped its really the only thing traps are useful for

Fair enough, but still if a counselor gets there first to lay the trap then in the game's current state it's open territory. But, it's not something most likely intended by the devs. They should make it like a dead body after the trap is sprung, Jason can kick it outta the way. That would fix that!

The most shocking thing I've read in this thread is how many people think traps aren't useful out side of objective control. Haven't you even trapped an unbroken window, then smashed the other to encourage a counselor to find it when they run? Or dropped one at the door before breaking it down and going into a small cabin with multiple counselors? 

Traps are Vanessa murder toys, imo they're more useful than knives, which is why they're limited and knifes are collectable. Traps don't just hurt they delay, it's a winning combo when you have Shift. Even if you miss and they have thick skin, they're one knife away from being totally screwed. 

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The most shocking thing I've read in this thread is how many people think traps aren't useful out side of objective control.

Most people play this game the same way as everyone else. They find one thing that worked and stick with it.

31 minutes ago, Truth said:

Most people play this game the same way as everyone else. They find one thing that worked and stick with it.

That's why good Jason players have to mix it up. Too predictable to use traps only for objectives. I catch counselors all the time by putting ONE trap at the phone then a trap at each door and the nearest window to the phone. Even the people I play with still occasionally get caught and they know this tactic too well. I'm going to have to start a different strategy to catch them off guard. 

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

Oh my lord, now they're giving out alternative trap strategies for Jason. This is getting funny.

You sure are overly annoying today...

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The most shocking thing I've read in this thread is how many people think traps aren't useful out side of objective control. Haven't you even trapped an unbroken window, then smashed the other to encourage a counselor to find it when they run? Or dropped one at the door before breaking it down and going into a small cabin with multiple counselors? 

Traps are Vanessa murder toys, imo they're more useful than knives, which is why they're limited and knifes are collectable. Traps don't just hurt they delay, it's a winning combo when you have Shift. Even if you miss and they have thick skin, they're one knife away from being totally screwed. 

Traps are absolutely useless outside of objective control.

I love playing against Jason's that think they're sly by knocking out every window to the cabin I'm in except one and hear them place a trap down...like duh...I have absolutely no idea that you trapped the one good window!  Hit Jason and watch him fall like a sack of potatoes in the cabin and walk out the door or just go out a broken window.  Congratulations, you've wasted a trap. And if I go out the broken window and you trapped the door and the one good window?  You've wasted two traps. 

The more traps you put scattered around and not at objectives, the easier you're making it for people to escape.