2 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

This is really confusing. I don't know if people don't understand that the trap thing is an unintended effect or if they are choosing to ignore it to try and be clever. Things like kiting, boat speed and Jason traps are fine because there are scenarios where either side can win (any Jason can catch the boat, or the counselor can escape, Jason traps can be taken out: silently or by running over them) Something that was brought to my attention is that this is also possible on the cars as well. Jason can't be everywhere at once so this means that at least one objective can't be trapped per match.

Oh well, Jason just has to try and overcome things with no counterplay I guess.

Do you just ignore any post that has listed how to over come this?

Here step out of the little box you're building around yourself, the players who are ok with it, are ok with it happening to them as Jason. Doesn't that tell you something about how little it matters, you have to adapt just a little bit so it isn't a problem anymore. 

The thing that gets me is, we respect people who out play us, do you?

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Do you just ignore any post that has listed how to over come this?

Here step out of the little box you're building around yourself, the players who are ok with it, are ok with it happening to them as Jason. Doesn't that tell you something about how little it matters, you have to adapt just a little bit so it isn't a problem anymore. 

The thing that gets me is, we respect people who out play us, do you?

There have been exactly 0 good ways listed to overcome this. Placing a trap next to the phone box isn't going to do anything if the counselor is able to repair without stepping in it. I'm also not the only person saying this is dumb, check the thread. I suppose you are also okay with counselors doing this to the cars? If all counselors have knowledge of this, then some objectives will just become blocked off to Jason. He can't be in two places at once.

The question here is not based on how often it happens. The question is if it should be possible at all.

22 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

We’ve really exhausted shit to discuss when the slightest inconvenience of something done 1/100 matches warrants this much attention. What’s next, a thread forbidding counselors from driving the boat around the map because it exploits the fact that Part 3 doesn’t have water speed as a strength. BUT THE BOAT WASN’T INTENDED TO BE DRIVEN AROUND THAT LONG!!1

Agreed. Some people can't handle being inconveineced. They will say Jason needs to be nerfed or counselors need to be nerfed, when really they just went up against a better player than them. This is of course when glitches aren't involved. I usually clear lobbies as Jason now and if not I get at least all but 2 people. And even still, there are matches where majority escape or I get killed. It happens. Rather than blame the game I appreciate the challenge and acknowledge that those players were simply working good together and they played the better game that match. The only time I ran into an exploit was when someone managed to get on top of an outhouse. And even then I didn't complain. I just stacked up my knives and killed them that way.

4 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

There have been exactly 0 good ways listed to overcome this. Placing a trap next to the phone box isn't going to do anything if the counselor is able to repair without stepping in it. I'm also not the only person saying this is dumb, check the thread. I suppose you are also okay with counselors doing this to the cars? If all counselors have knowledge of this, then some objectives will just become blocked off to Jason. He can't be in two places at once.

The question here is not based on how often it happens. The question is if it should be possible at all.

So getting to the phone box first isn't a good method to avoid this?

Setting traps around the counselor trap isn't a good method?

It should be possible because even if you trap the objective, a counselor can tank it. And then you can't place another trap there anyway. So what's the big deal if a counselor does it? Mamy use pocket knives on Jasons traps so you should be checking the phone house anyway to make sure no one has.

6 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

So getting to the phone box first isn't a good method to avoid this?

Setting traps around the counselor trap isn't a good method?

It should be possible because even if you trap the objective, a counselor can tank it. And then you can't place another trap there anyway. So what's the big deal if a counselor does it? Mamy use pocket knives on Jasons traps so you should be checking the phone house anyway to make sure no one has.

Setting traps around it is not a good strategy unless the counselor is oblivious. Traps are easy to spot. The point of Jasons traps are to alert Jason to an objective and to cost the counselors resources (either sprays or knives). Blocking off the objective means that they have to use neither to attack it.

Wow this thread got way off course.  The OP was just pointing out what appears to be a flaw in the game design that players are exploiting.

Instead of acknowledging what is obviously an oversight by the developers the majority of the responses are basically "So what?  Git gud."  :huh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

Setting traps around it is not a good strategy unless the counselor is oblivious. Traps are easy to spot. The point of Jasons traps are to alert Jason to an objective and to cost the counselors resources (either sprays or knives). Blocking off the objective means that they have to use neither to attack it.

So again, morphing their first to avoid this is a bad strategy?

and most Jason's have 5 traps. Why exactly can't you put 3 traps around the counselors trap? That way no matter what direction the go in trying to get to the phone box, they eat a trap set by you.

2 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Wow this thread got way off course.  The OP was just pointing out what appears to be a flaw in the game design that players are exploiting.

Instead of acknowledging what is obviously an oversight by the developers the majority of the responses are basically "So what?  Git gud."  :huh:

But it's not an oversight.

1) It's something that is easily avoidable.

2) What difference does it make if Jason puts a trap down that gets tanked and a counselor putting a trap their to keep Jason from trapping it? Either way it cannot be trapped again.

3 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

I'm more that happy to leave traps at cars, the fuze box, Jason's shack, in doorways, on the ground ten feet in front of the car a little to the left at Packanack, the maps are chessboards and you want white peices to be allowed to castle but not the black.

Controlling objectives is a core part of the game, that's why there's more than one, and like you said Jason can't be everywhere at once. Against an organized team you can't control multiple objectives anyway, maybe that should be eliminated. Just one objective to guard sounds fun. /s

I would buff the shit out of both Jason and the counselors given the opportunity. Right now the game is simple, low number of items, easy to figure out mechanics. Regardless of where the Devs expand the game, your side is upset about something trivial. I can't imagine how you'd cope with how I imagine this game in two years. 

I feel it should be possible, it's fine if you disagree.

(I have never tried to catch a fellow counselor, so I won't list the places to do this, Jason is fair game everywhere.)

6 minutes ago, zmccain said:

They're just terrible players that think they're some kind of clever geniuses because they can do something like that.  "I tought outside da box mommy! Ain't u pwoud of me? I also make believe I know what's supposed to be intended! Also, what's "intended" mean?"
That's a glimpse inside their minds. It's scary. I know.

They've been abused with "git good" and it hurt them so much that now they turn it around on anyone that wants something that they don't like. 

You'd have a better chance of teaching calculus to a five year old than getting through to them.   

• Like 2

23 hours ago, zmccain said:

That might have been me(Jason).  Like I said in the Vanessa thread, if I see Vanessa I don't even try to engage her anymore.  You'll spend 5-10 minutes doing the back and forth stun/chase thing with her meanwhile the other players are getting shit done.  I just leave Vanessa alone unless she's the last or second to last counselor alive.  It's ridiculous.

Dude, you kinda do need to get good.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

1. Placing traps was intended, and we were encouraged to be creative.

2. Because it's a strategy, like castling. 

3. It has nothing to do with door combat, which is gone.

4. It is part of the game, get over it.

Sure, but when it works you get more time to do what you need.

Very well, so are you going to make the case that the devs intended for Jason to be locked out of trapping objectives due to object collision? Because if it wasn't clear enough from my previous post and the subject of the topic, this and this specifically was what I said to not be intended. If you're not making this case, then I believe there is no discussion to be had.

Also, the doorway combat was presented as an example that the devs have already frowned upon cheeky counselor tactics that take advantage of collision before. Surely I do not need to also explain what the purpose of an example is, yes?

Oh, and please do not get me wrong. It was with a dash of sadness that I bid farewell to free machete hits on Jason whenever he started knocking at my door. And this bear trap lock? You can be sure I'll put it to practice as soon as the chance is given to me (wasn't this also mentioned in my previous post?). You can rest assured that it is not my kill count that will suffer because of this little trick.

44 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Dude, you kinda do need to get good.

And you must be one of the Vanessa stun and run players who lays unset traps in front of the phone box.  

35 minutes ago, zmccain said:

And you must be one of the Vanessa stun and run players who lays unset traps in front of the phone box.  

I've never played Vanessa, ha. I like playing Jenny, Mitch, Adam, or Tiff when I'm championing Muffin. Jenny is my main if I have one.

Edit - Incase it's relevant I was against door combat, never really took part in it, that was an exploit as you say.

9 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

Yeah it's an exploit for sure, this is not intended and again you know it, nothing should prevent Jason from being able to place his own traps at the phone box, you know this lol.  I read the forum before I first posted btw champ.  You are just trying to get away with an exploit by defending it as not being one, obstructing a main objective of Jason to stop him from laying a trap at an obvious escape objective is definitely an exploit sport.  🎓

So so wrong.

13 hours ago, woundcowboy said:

Hey everyone,

So last night marked the second time that I came across a really annoying exploit while I was playing Jason. I morphed to the power box near the phone and then knocked out the power. By the time I got to the phone, someone laid a counselor bear trap in front of the phone and this made it impossible for me to lay my own trap. Naturally, the cops were called early on. Has anyone else seen this? @ShiftySamurai @wes

HUH? That's very unexpected, never heard anyone do that lmao, gonna try that.

But really it isn't an exploit lol, like @Truth said,

you just got nae nae'd. 

Edit: Wait.. They placed an UNSET trap and it blocked you from being able to place a trap on the phone fuse? Ouch!

Easy fix, give Jason a feature where he can smash or step in the trap, making it unusable again, and allow him to move it.

This would be fair because now traps on both sides of the equation are now one-time use only.

11 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

Yeah it's an exploit for sure, this is not intended and again you know it, nothing should prevent Jason from being able to place his own traps at the phone box, you know this lol.  I read the forum before I first posted btw champ.  You are just trying to get away with an exploit by defending it as not being one, obstructing a main objective of Jason to stop him from laying a trap at an obvious escape objective is definitely an exploit sport. 

it's not a exploit it's just fair game when it comes to traps if someone beats you to the fuse box with a trap before you get there as Jason then they just out played you by placing a trap and stopping you form doing it. It's the same for the car if i spawn next to it but there is no battery in the house but there is a trap ill trap the front off the car to secure us being able to put the battery in, i play as both counselor and Jason so i've done it and had people do it to me and when i see they have done it i just think good job you beat me to it and stopped me from trapping it. As much as there is fuss over this i've had Jason trap the fuse box just for me to get there disarm it with a PK and fix fuse box and call the cops with Jason having no idea i've done it.

I always morph to the phone house first and  trap it and i've never seen any one trap it to stop me but when i go to car there can be a trap there, you just have to work around it, look at other places you can trap know you have to watch that objective more knowing that you didn't trap it. Trying to claim this is exploit because someone managed to obstruct Jason from laying a trap would be the same as saying as Jason using a knife to stop someone from climbing into a window, why don't they fall into the cabin after being hit shouldn't the force off the knife and getting hit from behind push you forward more so if you have one leg already over the edge off the window.

6 hours ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

and most Jason's have 5 traps. Why exactly can't you put 3 traps around the counselors trap? That way no matter what direction the go in trying to get to the phone box, they eat a trap set by you.

Someone i play with when he is Jason he will put a trap at the fuse but also a couple around the house in places you wouldn't think off putting one there and yet people will get caught in the ones around the house a lot more then you think some you don't see, other's are just well placed so when you go around a corner its right there. But yes if someone's trapped it look at other options like you said around the trap or in places close to it to catch the counselor.

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Easy fix, give Jason a feature where he can smash or step in the trap, making it unusable again, and allow him to move it.

This would be fair because now traps on both sides of the equation are now one-time use only.

Counselors also can not move traps. Once a spot is trapped the other side can´t trap there anymore. It´s the same for both sides. It is no exploit, it is the same for both sides. Jason can´t disarm tough.

59 minutes ago, ausanimal said:

it's not a exploit

2 hours ago, Qcici said:

it isn't an exploit

41 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It is no exploit,

7 hours ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

it's not an oversight

Ok. It's not an exploit. It's there, free to be used in the game. It was something they for sure thoroughly thought out.  

Now, what if I mash a couple of buttons a certain way and all of a sudden I have unlimited stamina? It's there, free to be used in the game. I'm not adding any software to get it. I would certainly consider that "thinking outside the box". I'm following their pre-match suggestions and everything, so that isn't an exploit either, right? Jason can for sure counter that with a well placed morph or a smooth and precise shift grab.

So yea...I get it. The trap thing isn't an exploit. 

9 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Ok. It's not an exploit. It's there, free to be used in the game. It was something they for sure thoroughly thought out.  

Now, what if I mash a couple of buttons a certain way and all of a sudden I have unlimited stamina? It's there, free to be used in the game. I'm not adding any software to get it. I would certainly consider that "thinking outside the box". I'm following their pre-match suggestions and everything, so that isn't an exploit either, right? Jason can for sure counter that with a well placed morph or a smooth and precise shift grab.

So yea...I get it. The trap thing isn't an exploit. 

Could you also quote where we said it is thoroughly thought out? I don´t think anyone said that in this thread. Trying to grab every straw be it helpfull or not now?

Again, how is something that is the same for both sides an exploit? Badly balanced, yes. Exploit, no.

And do you really think you will get the devs to ban this? do you honestly think that?

5 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Could you also quote where we said it is thoroughly thought out? I don´t think anyone said that in this thread. Trying to grab every straw be it helpfull or not now?

As you can see, I quoted someone saying it wasn't an oversight and plenty of times it was said that it's intended, so I would imagine that means they put a lot of thought and deliberation into it.

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

As you can see, I quoted someone saying it wasn't an oversight and plenty of times it was said that it's intended, so I would imagine that means they put a lot of thought and deliberation into it.

It is intended that you can use a trap to trap Jason. This doesn´t mean devs had the oversight what this means. Not at all. Again, something that is the same for both sides can´t be an exploit, it´s a balance issue. Didn´t know salt has an influence on logic thinking...