Hey everyone,

So last night marked the second time that I came across a really annoying exploit while I was playing Jason. I morphed to the power box near the phone and then knocked out the power. By the time I got to the phone, someone laid a counselor bear trap in front of the phone and this made it impossible for me to lay my own trap. Naturally, the cops were called early on. Has anyone else seen this? @ShiftySamurai @wes

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I don't know about that but I saw Jason throw a trap jump through the window when he was trying to lay it down outside and it snapped onto the counsellors leg who was stood right next to me in the cabin.

@woundcowboy how is that an exploit? You were just out played...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Because there is nothing Jason can do to counter it. To be clear, I am not saying that they layed a trap and I stepped in it. They put a closed trap on the phone and I couldn't lay my trap because of it. This made the phone free for the entire match. If there is no counterplay to something, there is a strong chance that it's an exploit.

• Like 1

Is it any more of an exploit than Jason putting down a trap on an objective and thus preventing a counselor from doing so in the exact same location?

This has been in the game since the beginning. Is this really an exploit? Why would you expect to be able to place a trap onto another trap just because it belongs to a counselor? Why should Jason be the only one to put a trap over an objective or anywhere for that matter?

Be thankful the latest patch apparently fixed it so you can no longer place a floating trap in front of the phone box, generator or car and thus preventing Jason from interacting with the object. That was most certainly an exploit that needed to be patched despite how few people knew about it.

I would put dropping armed/unarmed counselor traps in front of objectives into the category of advanced strategy. I still see people asking why a counselor trap is next to the car (gas/battery/driverseat), generator and the phone box. The reaction I see and hear of the person playing Jason is priceless. It is unfortunate that people don't grasp the reason behind doing so. So many times I've seen counselors pick it up and take it somewhere else or arm it. Makes no sense whatso ever.

If they were ever going to STOP this they probably would have done it in the last update where they patched floating traps as previously mentioned. If Jason can put a trap on an objective then so should counselors. I would also point out that they purposely made it so Jason can no longer stack traps as closely as you use to be able to.

I'm sure the devs have their own opinions on this issue.

• Thanks 3

Just now, Truth said:

Thank you! As Jason you don't have to trap the phone to win the game. It's not exploiting you, it's just getting there BEFORE you. Just acknowledge that someone was there, wreck the house. Smash all the windows, bust up the doors and move on. Or, place traps around their trap, be creative! Guaranteed they'll be back, make em pay when you come across them trying to make the repair. Or shift into the house when they call. Exploiting is something that has no counter, there are many ways to counter the trap game. You'll figure it out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Is it any more of an exploit than Jason putting down a trap on an objective and thus preventing a counselor from doing so in the exact same location?

This has been in the game since the beginning. Is this really an exploit? Why would you expect to be able to place a trap onto another trap just because it belongs to a counselor? Why should Jason be the only one to put a trap over an objective or anywhere for that matter?

Be thankful the latest patch apparently fixed it so you can no longer place a floating trap in front of the phone box, generator or car and thus preventing Jason from interacting with the object. That was most certainly an exploit.

I would put dropping counselor traps into the category of advanced strategy. I still see people asking why a counselor trap is next to the car, generator and the phone box. The reaction I see and hear of the person playing Jason is priceless. It is unfortunate that people don't grasp the reason behind doing so. So many times I've seen people are the trap or pick it up and take it somewhere else. Makes no sense whatso ever.

If they were ever going to STOP this they probably would have done it in the last update where they patched floating traps as previously mentioned. If Jason can put a trap on an objective then so should counselors. I would also point out that they purposely made it so Jason can no longer stack traps as closely as you use to be able to.

Jason's traps can be taken out and made into a nonfactor. There is not a counter to this.... I also hesitate to call this getting outplayed because it's pure luck. The counselor did nothing spectacular....

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

Because there is nothing Jason can do to counter it. To be clear, I am not saying that they layed a trap and I stepped in it. They put a closed trap on the phone and I couldn't lay my trap because of it. This made the phone free for the entire match. If there is no counterplay to something, there is a strong chance that it's an exploit.

I'd call it "thinking outside the box" which is something they advise. I understand your point, but I don't think it's an exploit.

• Like 1

Im rly suprised by human stupidity.
JESUS FUCKN LORD, imagine u running away from Jason, and to prevent him to trap the fuse box you put a bear trap below the box.
HOW THE FUCK this would prevent Jason destroying the fuse box????? Wtf is wrong with u guys, come on,  OBVIOUSLY the developers didn't expect this to happen, and will probably be fixed.

As for you who defend this kind of thing, stop spoiling the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lexandremon said:

JESUS FUCKN LORD, imagine u running away from Jason, and to prevent him to destroy the fuse box you put a bear trap below the box.
HOW THE FUCK this would prevent Jason destroying the fuse box????? Wtf is wrong with u guys, come on,  OBVIOUSLY the developers didn't expect this to happen, and will probably be fixed.

There's a lot of counselor mains in this thread lol. 

8 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

By the time I got to the phone, someone laid a counselor bear trap in front of the phone and this made it impossible for me to lay my own trap.

Should of went to the phone house first 

Image result for predator 2 shit happens gif

Omg, im so tired of this. Ppl ruining the gameplay of the game to feed their own ego
same thing about stuning jason through the door. This game isn't about counselors, for god's sake.
Using a little more realistic physics, Jason would easily remove the counselor's toy (bear trap) and put his on trap in place.

"herp derp, look at me im so cool i put a bear trap in the fuse box HAHA herp DERP HAHA, jason can't put traps there anymore, haha"tenor.gif?itemid=10799415

This thread isn't going to become an argument, is it? I'm watching it so make sure things don't get too heated..

But that’s an old skool trick you don’t see anymore. People used to put bear traps at the front of the car once the battery was out in to keep Jason from trying to stop it upon start lol

29 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

************* , imagine u running away from Jason, and to prevent him to destroy the fuse box you put a bear trap below the box.
***************  this would prevent Jason destroying the fuse box????? Wtf is wrong with u guys, come on,  OBVIOUSLY the developers didn't expect this to happen, and will probably be fixed.

The counselor trap does NOT prevent Jason from smashing an active generator or the phone box. As I stated in my previous post, they fixed the floating trap glitch that could be exploited to block Jason's interaction with these objects. The OP is complaining about the counselor trap blocking their ability to put their own trap down on the ground in the exact same location. Put the trap to the side or use it somewhere else. 

If you want to beat a counselor to trapping an objective then use your morphs more wisely.

30 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

Jason's traps can be taken out and made into a nonfactor. There is not a counter to this.... I also hesitate to call this getting outplayed because it's pure luck. The counselor did nothing spectacular....

A counselor trap is no more a factor than Jason's despite being able to pick it up and rearm. If it's armed and in front of an active phone box or generator or seat in the car then step in it. If you want to put a trap down, put it down just not in the exact same location. Put it to the side. This has been in the game since the beginning.

There is no luck other than getting to an objective first. Is that luck? If they wanted traps to be stackable then they wouldn't have further changed it so Jason cannot stack traps directly on top of one another.

The exploit of putting floating traps in front of an objective has been patched so that is a non issue. I don't consider it spectacular but the reactions I see and hear from players is pretty funny. Most don't even realize why they cannot place a trap and spend way too much time fussing around over it in game. Which is the point.

2 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

This thread isn't going to become an argument, is it? I'm watching it so make sure things don't get too heated..

Are there rules against arguments? I of course agree that there should be no personal comments or insults, but I see no problem with rational discussion.

Except for you know going to the place most Jason's go first and risking death 30 seconds into the game to benefit others, your right nothing spectacular about it. The fact that you see it as an exploit is fine, it isn't an exploit but your allowed to keep being wrong. 

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Except for you know going to the place most Jason's go first and risking death 30 seconds into the game to benefit others, your right nothing spectacular about it. The fact that you see it as an exploit is fine, it isn't an exploit but your allowed to keep being wrong. 

What's the risk? He only placed the trap because he could see that I didn't morph there first. If I had, he wouldn't have done it. There was no risk taken.

2 minutes ago, woundcowboy said:

Are there rules against arguments? I of course agree that there should be no personal comments or insults, but I see no problem with rational discussion.

Rational discussion is encouraged and is fine, but when people start getting very strongly opinionated about things it tends to start arguments.

4 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

The counselor trap does NOT prevent Jason from smashing an active generator or the phone box.

A small diction error, already corrected.

There are no counselor or Jason mains, and strategy is part of the game. You can guard objectives, counselors can too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Its sort of an exploit.  Because they are using an intended game play mechanic in a unintended way.

Realistically Jason can trap any objective he wants faster than a counselor.  Also as Jason, IF you have enough traps.  You can step on the counselor trap and then place 3 traps perfectly around it. 

I think the bigger issue with traps is Jason can't reset his traps and counselors can reset and move any trap they want..  Which isn't really fair.  But thats another topic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Because they are using an intended game play mechanic in a unintended way.

Counselor traps are meant to trap Jason. How do you trap something? You place it somewhere that you know they will go. It's really no different than placing it at a door. You know that if Jason wants to get in, he will have to eat the trap. Same thing. If Jason wants to stop the call, he will have to eat the trap. It's really just smart placement.

• Like 1

Those who know me know that they’re aren’t too many people on these forums that are as pro Jason as I am. Having said that, I don’t believe that this is an exploit in any way. I’ve used it in the past, and would do so again should the opportunity present itself. I’ve even used it on the battery and gas spots as well. If you’re worried about counselors using this tactic, then you should simply get to the location and trap it before they do.

• Like 1