Don't get me wrong, i use knives all the time and they are a great weapon, but, how about if the Knives intead of hurting the counselor, make them more slow to run or jog? (Till they use a spray) knife make counselors 3% or maybe 5% more slow, that way the knives could be a lot more useful

No

It' fine the way it is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would think this would be cool. I'd implement it like this. 

Knife would decrease speed per knife by 1 point. 

A knife stays in the counselor until they pull it out. This could be by mini game or by button mashing if you get into a cabin. Maybe require spray as well.

Just spitballing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaChappa The Hero said:

Everyone would play with Chad or Vanessa...

This should be no problem, they already do this.

58 minutes ago, ShinOmegaWeapon said:

No the knives should cause bleed out and then you die

Yes or they should insta-kill when the knives hit the head of one counselor so Jason don't have to waste his time on Vanessa and Chad players.

EDIT: Just kidding...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HannibalKrall said:

Thats too op haha, just make them more slow

Thats how it is in the films. Headshots should absolutley be lethal.

• Like 1

No. All they need to do is tweak his grab a bit and improve the hit boxes. Also the combat stance. I'd also argue for upping the amount of hit points Jason has.

@HannibalKrall I (and many others... probably you included) can already slow down counselors with a couple of throwing knives because they do cause damage.... sure thick skin takes another hit or two, but they still slow down too. Throwing knives need to (and should) do damage. If they did no damage and only caused a speed penalty as you suggest, it would only hurt the slow counselors that running Jasons can already keep up with. Faster counselors would barely be affected by this... it may not even be worth wasting a med spray for Vanessa to eliminate the speed penalty from 5 knives (only 25% slower, which only reduces her speed stat to 7.5)... she would still outrun Jasons that can run. Running Jasons can keep up to speed 3 counselors... they do not lose or gain distance when chasing directly from behind in a straight line.
   Break windows and leave doors intact... break more windows. Counselors are forced to use the broken window when their is no other option, which reduces the number of knives you need to slow them down, or at the very least... eats up their med sprays so they cannot heal the damage from your knives... every little bit helps. Taking away damage from anything that currently does damage leaves them with even more med sprays than they already have.

@LaChappa The Hero Chad and Vanessa are no more of a problem to hit with knives than any other counselor... and they slow down too. The more difficult they are to hit depends on your skill level vs their skill level... and maybe your luck vs their luck..... Although long knife throws can be hard to hit with that tiny little target, no one expects that you can hit them from more than thirty feet or so away, so they stop trying to evade... but you can. It just takes a lot of practice. Archery physics is a thing in this game, for throwing knives at least. 

@F134Ever86 Good video clip (I love that movie)... A one shot kill with a throwing knife, even to the head is still a bit overpowered. Although it is actually hard to do on purpose... people will continue to practice and it will get easier over time. A carefully aimed throw from a spot where they cannot see you and they are dead, with little to no work other than needing to find a replacement knife. I am already pretty good at long distance throws. I would not mind if they did just a bit of extra damage with a head shot though and slow down those pesky counselors just a bit quicker.... As I said, head shots are pretty rare right now anyway... and it only makes sense for a headshot to do more damage.
   A one shot kill from full health with a knife though... Realistic.... oh yes.... good for game play.... probably not, at least not in this game. There are quite a few things (beyond Jason) that are unrealistic already... combat and anything to do with combat is far from realistic. Although some of it (like chain stunning and combat stance) should probably be altered... the combat will never be realistic, just for playability's sake for both sides of play. One slash for one kill is just to overpowered, just as one knife for one kill is too overpowered. The more realism you can fit in the better, but everything cannot be made realistic here... in Crystal Lake. I just hope they never add Ray guns.
   How combat will be adjusted in the future... if it is ever adjusted at all... remains to be seen.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@F134Ever86 Good video clip (I love that movie)... A one shot kill with a throwing knife, even to the head is still a bit overpowered. 

Good points Ahab. I just want the game to be more like the films. What I would love to see is the kill from the clip implemented as an enviromental kill when counselors are repairing the boat like the harpoon kill from stargazing.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Good points Ahab. I just want the game to be more like the films. What I would love to see is the kill from the clip implemented as an enviromental kill when counselors are repairing the boat like the harpoon kill from stargazing.

I would like to see the game be more like the films too... also with as much realism as they can get away with. This could be made to work as an environment kill... somehow. How a non grab kill could be fairly made into an environment kill is the question... or is the question more like... How do we do this kill starting from a grab kill. There was another idea recently for the harpoon gun to be used as an environment kill, and I remember it being a good idea.... but for the life of me I cannot remember the idea or what thread it was in.

13 hours ago, HannibalKrall said:

Don't get me wrong, i use knives all the time and they are a great weapon, but, how about if the Knives intead of hurting the counselor, make them more slow to run or jog? (Till they use a spray) knife make counselors 3% or maybe 5% more slow, that way the knives could be a lot more useful

No

Absolutely not, they are fine as is. Plus, I don't need Jenny's already low speed to be crippled even further.