PurpleFloyd

Top 3 - Horror films you'd like to see remade ...

21 hours ago, The Doctor said:

In no particular order: The Funhouse, Silent Night Deadly Night Pt 2, a proper Lawnmower Man (I know, I know), Wishmaster, Uncle Sam, Maniac Cop, Phantasm, Scanners.

A lot of what's been mentioned in this thread have their own excellent charm. As much as I'm opposed to reboots/remakes, with the right filmmakers there could be some life breathed back into these properties.

I think your last line is the most important factor. No more Rob Zonbie remakes, no more bs. 

I must say the trailer for the new Suspiria looks decent, surprisingly.

Your mention of Maniac Cop is an awesome one. They could make that so much more intense now.

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:43 AM, sedaiv said:

Resident Evil IS being remade. Remakes, Reboots, and Continues are fucking TRASH. It should be illegal to make a reboot/remake/reimagination/continuation now.;

Really?  I hadn't heard that ... good news!

And there's been some great remakes over the years ... Dawn of the Dead, The Thing, The Blob, Night of the Living Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Fly, Cape Fear ...

5 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Really?  I hadn't heard that ... good news!

And there's been some great remakes over the years ... Dawn of the Dead, The Thing, The Blob, Night of the Living Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Fly, Cape Fear ...

The Dawn of the Dead Remake was garbage. Reboots, Remakes and Reimagination have all been garbage since 2000. Power Rangers 2017 is the gold nugget in turd mountain. They should be illegal.

There was an idea floating around a while back that John Carpenter wanted to do a sequel to his original version of "The Thing," and he wanted Kurt Russell and Keith David to return as MacReady and Childs, respectively. It would be set shortly after the events of the first film, with the aged appearance of their faces being explained by frostbite.

Last I heard, it was still a consideration. I'd honestly love to see that film.  

• Like 1

The kid who played Tommy in Part IV (Corey [forgot the Name]) is Ready for a H20 Kind of Thing.....just saying. Even though I don´t really like the Idea of the timeline being destroyed , I would like to watch that movie.

Posted (edited)

I think hes in his fifties. Friday the 13th part XI : Jason Goes Geriatric

Edited by F134Ever86

The Corpse Grinders, fun story that could really benefit from an update on the gore effects.

Evilspeak, but how do you top Clint Howard?

Martin, though they could really screw this one up.  The original is classic in it's style and look.  The home invasion scene is one if my favorite sequences in horror.  My favorite Romero film.

On 6/26/2018 at 9:57 AM, sedaiv said:

The Dawn of the Dead Remake was garbage. Reboots, Remakes and Reimagination have all been garbage since 2000. Power Rangers 2017 is the gold nugget in turd mountain. They should be illegal.

I agree for the most part. And according to one of the guys working on the Resident Evil reboot, it is actually going to just be a retread of what they have already done. A CGI action shitfest. They even did that with the games and it pisses me off. The first 3 games are some of my favorites of all times. I really hate the movies, and haven't played the new game even though I heard it went back to horror as opposed to straight action.

Edit: Also found out they are remaking Pet Sematary and I could not be more disappointed. I liked the new It for what it was, as it brought the gore the original couldn't, but Pet Sematary? Really?

Hmm. Top 3 horror movies I'd like to see remade?

1. Phantasm

2. The Howling

3. Watchers

IT was fucking flaming garbage. Yeah it waa gory, but that didn't save bad acting, bad writing, inaccurate movie release dates, bullshit jumps scares. That movie is ass. Pet Semetary also doesn't need a reboot. The Resident Evil Reboot is already a dumpster fire.

It would be NC-17 if faithfully recreated. I enjoyed It but some of the CGI was too obvious, namely when Pennywise morphs into a monster.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2018 at 1:53 PM, sedaiv said:

IT was fucking flaming garbage. Yeah it waa gory, but that didn't save bad acting, bad writing, inaccurate movie release dates, bullshit jumps scares. That movie is ass. Pet Semetary also doesn't need a reboot. The Resident Evil Reboot is already a dumpster fire.

That is totally a matter of opinion, and I liked it because it followed the book a lot better than the mini series. Wasn't the best of all, but was good for what it is. And agree about Pet Sematary.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:57 PM, F134Ever86 said:

It would be NC-17 if faithfully recreated. I enjoyed It but some of the CGI was too obvious, namely when Pennywise morphs into a monster.

Those were the things I found wrong with it. That and the change in timeline. Overall it is the first remake I have liked since Night of the Living Dead.

5 hours ago, jameson87 said:

That is totally a matter of opinion, and I liked it because it followed the book a lot better than the mini series. Wasn't the best of all, but was good for what it is. And agree about Pet Sematary.

Those were the things I found wrong with it. That and the change in timeline. Overall it is the first remake I have liked since Night of the Living Dead.

Night of the Living Dead 1990 remake was good. The 2000s remake was ass. 

If IT was 100% faithful, it couldn't get made due to the gangbang

The Blob, but this time with a large budget and a tad bit more famous cast and Director.

Saturn 5.

Ghost Story.

11 minutes ago, sedaiv said:

Night of the Living Dead 1990 remake was good. The 2000s remake was ass. 

If IT was 100% faithful, it couldn't get made due to the gangbang

Again I said closer to source material. Of course it wasn't 100%. As they also changed the timeline/era. But I totally agree the 90's Night of the Living Dead (Savini) was awesome, not that shitty horrible one from the 2000's with Captain Spaulding. That shit was total garbage.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 11:05 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

I still cant believe gremlins was PG. How the heck they pulled that off, I have no clue. I remember liking it as a kid, so let me daughter watch that thinking oh this cant be that bad, only PG. My wife just about killed me.. lol

Funny you should say that as Gremlins as well as Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom were some of the main reasons PG-13 was created. I remember learning this when I was surprised to see that Ghostbusters was only PG as well. 

4 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Funny you should say that as Gremlins as well as Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom were some of the main reasons PG-13 was created. I remember learning this when I was surprised to see that Ghostbusters was only PG as well. 

The Temple of Doom is amazing. Have not watched it in years. Might have to revisit it soon.

• Like 1

Jason X.  It would be very interesting to see.

Child's Play.  Classic and would be amazing if done right.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  I know it's been done countless times, but all the reboots were trash imo.  A new one could be great if it kept the style and atmosphere of the original while increasing the gore and such.

Sphere, Event Horizon, Leviathan, DeepStar Six, The Untold Story, Lucker The Necrophagus, Schizophreniac.

I've always wanted to do a remake of the movie Frogs. Any of you guys ever seen it?

7 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

I've always wanted to do a remake of the movie Frogs. Any of you guys ever seen it?

Yes. And own copies (yes, multiple) of it. God bless Sam Elliott.

• Like 1

If I were a famous Hollywood director, I would remake Frogs and I would also reboot Resident Evil and make it into a trilogy that's more like the games and centers around actual characters from said games. The first entry would be based off the original game and star Chris and Claire in the main roles, the second would be based off Resident Evil 2 and would follow Leon, and the third would be based off Resident Evil 4

On 6/17/2018 at 8:23 PM, deathbat96777 said:

In no particular order:

Resident Evil- Pretty much just read what the OP said. My opinion exactly. 

Saw- They need one that goes back to the simplicity of the original. My idea would be to go the Blumhouse Halloween route and make a movie that's a direct sequel to Saw 1 and erases the rest of continuity which (in my opinion) ruined the series. 

Child's Play- Chucky has been done to death and he needs a reboot that does him justice, makes it scary and takes away from the comedy

Honorable Mention:

Frogs- A very under-rated movie that I think needs a good, cheesy, Pirahna 3Dish remake. 

The last 2....Curse of Chucky  and Cult of Chucky already got away from a lot of the comedy from previous installments I thought they were really good horror films.