BeautyNumber2

More Details on Car “Rubberband” Glitch

TL;DR unless you want to learn more about me testing this glitch.

I’ve noticed some interesting/outrageous things regarding the “rubberband” glitch. It splits the game into two realities: one for the player experiencing the glitch and one for everyone else. It also impedes the counselors ability to interact from that moment forward.

The cause of the glitch is when the counselor exits the car from the driver’s seat. It can occur WITH OR WITHOUT crashing or Jason stopping the car; it only affects certain players. For my game profile on PS4, there is currently an absolute 100% guarantee of it glitching if I just exit the car by myself with no other interactions. On my screen, it will look like I’m roaming about the map, but I will be “frozen” or in a loop bug by the car to everyone else. It will look like I’m trying to run and stuck in place in a loop. I have been testing since this update (which has exacerbated the issue) and I cannot exit a car without experiencing this loop bug.

Most people that experience the glitch are stopped by Jason smashing the car and quickly try to exit (as you were once able to do). Although they appear to move on their screen, they are actually stuck mid-motion in this loop bug at the car. Usually, Jason grabs this counselor immediately and it appears that he “force grabs” at a ridiculous length or that the counselor “runs back” to the car or even teleports back to the car suddenly in Jason’s grab. As well, the counselor will appear to be running in their screen while experiencing attacks if Jason slashes at them. The counselor CAN heal and it will apply to both realities of the game  

Here are the ONLY ways to stop this loop bug in the comprehensive game reality that keeps you at the car.

Crawl through a window in your reality of the game (not just open)

Go into a hiding spot in your reality

Step on a trap (Jason’s or counselor’s)

Swinging your weapon, opening a window, going back into the car, opening a door, barricading a door, repairing a generator, or going into the water do not deactivate the loop bug. These are THE only ways, otherwise your character is still standing, bugged in a loop by the car door. Again, you CAN heal yourself while in the glitch if Jason slashes you and it will apply to the comprehensive game reality lol.

This bug only affects certain players as I’ve watched counselors both crash and get stopped by Jason exit the car with no issues. These players are lucky and don’t experience this glitch for some reason. For others, exiting the car is a death sentence. If Jason grabs you and a fellow counselor “frees” you—although you think you are running or swinging—you are not. If Jason grabs you and you have a pocket knife and are freed and begin to run, you are actually still stuck in the loop bug by the car.

Unfortunately, once the loop bug is triggered, even if you “stop” it and sync the game realities, the bug will activate again the next time you interact with a window. This is the most recent development. There’s something about the windows in the February update that glitched them to high hell. I managed to stop the loop bug earlier, but once I went through another window, I noticed the game was out of sync again and Jason grabbed me at the window I most recently exited while I thought I was 30 feet down the road. Ultimately, if this glitch happens and you stop it, find a hiding spot and stay there otherwise it will reactivate. I hope this clarifies this BS for some people. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

I've only ever rubber-banded twice that I can remember. I never got more than about 20-30ft from the car. Interesting in the new version of it you can get much farther away.

I find getting back in the drivers seat fixes it for me.  Also if you exit the car and someone else starts driving it, it will drag you across the map until the car escapes.

Well! That explains things on so many levels. Makes sense now that some players say they don't have an issue with it, because they don't have it happen like others do. I know I got it every time I drove since like last year, and the bit about being stuck in that loop explains alot too. After the big update I had that happen every game I played where I drove, I even got out to let someone else take the car once. I leisurely made my way to the nearest cabin and started looting (the door was open, so no interactions) Then, SHAZAM! I'm in the road getting my head punched off. Last game I played... I pretty much had been bewildered by that, so thank you for explaining what happened that night. Pretty crazy shit!

I had some weird thing happen with the car earlier where I had stopped the car and couldn't pull Tommy out of it.  He looked on my screen like he was right next to me in from of the car but I couldn't slash or grab him and when I walked around to the driver's side door no one was in there and I couldn't pull anyone out. 

I stood in front of the car and it was backed up against a tree.  I must've hit the prompt to stop the car like 15 times before I morphed away and let Tommy get away so I could go after other people before time ran out.

I gave up on the car. I was one of the lucky ones I guess I never had this glitch till after the update.

Related image

10 hours ago, Alkavian said:

I never got more than about 20-30ft from the car. Interesting in the new version of it you can get much farther away.

I was able to run around just fine for a few minutes until someone else started driving the car. Started pulling me all over the map. Someone posted a video of it happening to them yesterday:

21 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

While carrying a trap I was swept off my feet to a far away place.

https://youtu.be/azGW_rJUIYE

Camp Crystal lake PS4

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Truth said:

I was able to run around just fine for a few minutes until someone else started driving the car. Started pulling me all over the map. Someone posted a video of it happening to them yesterday:

That's actually pretty funny...

Totally needs to get fixed...but funny.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

It must not reset it for your profile; it definitely does for me, until other things. This proves it impacts players differently  

16 hours ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

This has never worked for me. I've jumped through a window, hid in a hiding spot, and barricaded a door and still have been yanked back to the car.

wow. 

4 minutes ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

It must not reset it for your profile; it definitely does for me, until other things. This proves it impacts players differently  

I'm not sure that I did any of your fixes though. I probably went through a window or 2, but I can't say for sure.

16 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

TL;DR unless you want to learn more about me testing this glitch.

I’ve noticed some interesting/outrageous things regarding the “rubberband” glitch. It splits the game into two realities: one for the player experiencing the glitch and one for everyone else. It also impedes the counselors ability to interact from that moment forward.

The cause of the glitch is when the counselor exits the car from the driver’s seat. It can occur WITH OR WITHOUT crashing or Jason stopping the car; it only affects certain players. For my game profile on PS4, there is currently an absolute 100% guarantee of it glitching if I just exit the car by myself with no other interactions. On my screen, it will look like I’m roaming about the map, but I will be “frozen” or in a loop bug by the car to everyone else. It will look like I’m trying to run and stuck in place in a loop. I have been testing since this update (which has exacerbated the issue) and I cannot exit a car without experiencing this loop bug.

Most people that experience the glitch are stopped by Jason smashing the car and quickly try to exit (as you were once able to do). Although they appear to move on their screen, they are actually stuck mid-motion in this loop bug at the car. Usually, Jason grabs this counselor immediately and it appears that he “force grabs” at a ridiculous length or that the counselor “runs back” to the car or even teleports back to the car suddenly in Jason’s grab. As well, the counselor will appear to be running in their screen while experiencing attacks if Jason slashes at them. The counselor CAN heal and it will apply to both realities of the game  

Here are the ONLY ways to stop this loop bug in the comprehensive game reality that keeps you at the car.

Crawl through a window in your reality of the game (not just open)

Go into a hiding spot in your reality

Step on a trap (Jason’s or counselor’s)

Swinging your weapon, opening a window, going back into the car, opening a door, barricading a door, repairing a generator, or going into the water do not deactivate the loop bug. These are THE only ways, otherwise your character is still standing, bugged in a loop by the car door. Again, you CAN heal yourself while in the glitch if Jason slashes you and it will apply to the comprehensive game reality lol.

This bug only affects certain players as I’ve watched counselors both crash and get stopped by Jason exit the car with no issues. These players are lucky and don’t experience this glitch for some reason. For others, exiting the car is a death sentence. If Jason grabs you and a fellow counselor “frees” you—although you think you are running or swinging—you are not. If Jason grabs you and you have a pocket knife and are freed and begin to run, you are actually still stuck in the loop bug by the car.

Unfortunately, once the loop bug is triggered, even if you “stop” it and sync the game realities, the bug will activate again the next time you interact with a window. This is the most recent development. There’s something about the windows in the February update that glitched them to high hell. I managed to stop the loop bug earlier, but once I went through another window, I noticed the game was out of sync again and Jason grabbed me at the window I most recently exited while I thought I was 30 feet down the road. Ultimately, if this glitch happens and you stop it, find a hiding spot and stay there otherwise it will reactivate. I hope this clarifies this BS for some people. Good luck!

Not trying to sound mean, but I hope this forum topic becomes useless after the next hotfix. I am not saying this because this topic isn't informative, I am saying this because this glitch sucks. It happens with the boat also. I was play Jarvis, I started and left the boat for someone else. After I got off the boat, I had unlimited stamina. In another instance on Pinehurst, I started and left the boat again, and I I started swimming on land.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Manny1985 said:

Not trying to sound mean, but I hope this forum topic becomes useless after the next hotfix. I am not saying this because this topic isn't informative, I am saying this because this glitch sucks. It happens with the boat also. I was play Jarvis, I started and left the boat for someone else. After I got off the boat, I had unlimited stamina. In another instance on Pinehurst, I started and left the boat again, and I I started swimming on land.

Yeah I can confirm it's not just the car that rubber bands. I had the boat rubber band glitch last week. I was about to escape and Jason morphed so I quickly went to land and when I got out I was swimming on dry land. I got maybe 60 feet or so and was teleported back to the water and drowned by Jason. It was Jarvis map.

Jumping through a window recently did not work for me, I actually went into a limping state and my friends saw it happen as I stood up in the house but I was still next to the car.

Next thing Jason stabs me next to the car lol