NoOneK9503

Option to Block when Running/Fast-Walking

Earlier, I made a thread telling how infuriating it is the cycle of Vanessa jogging away from Jason and turn around fast to hit him and recover stamina.

I proposed a controversial change: limiting the stamina won by counselors when they hit Jason.

But, what if instead of nerfing the counselors, we decided to buff Jason?

My new proposal is Jason being able to block outside of Combat Stance. This would help Jason defend himself against groups of counselors and make it easier to block a "surprise" attack during a chase. The downside of this mechanic is that it would not have a 360° reach like his CS counterpart.

This is already in the game and is currently an exploit. But my proposal it to make this an actual mechanic from the game.

What do you guys think?

P.S. Pls merge if this topic already exists.

• Like 2

I think restoration of stamina after beating Jason should depend of each character stamina.

Example:

Vanessa 10/10 Stamina. The blow will bring her 10%

Eric 2/10 Stamina. The blow will bring him 80%

Kenny 5/10 Stamina. The blow will bring him 50%

3 hours ago, Animal1ty said:

I think restoration of stamina after beating Jason should depend of each character stamina.

Example:

Vanessa 10/10 Stamina. The blow will bring her 10%

Eric 2/10 Stamina. The blow will bring him 80%

Kenny 5/10 Stamina. The blow will bring him 50%

Vanessa does not have a 10/10 stamina she has a 9/10

A quick block would honestly be a nice addition. I can see this being used quite frequently however by every Jason. So I’d say maybe it doesn’t have as big of a chance at actually blocking the attack as a combat stance block. It would quite literally make Jason unstunnable if the player is skilled.

By the way it always makes me laugh when Jason players try to block flare guns and firecrackers, this isn’t July 2017 honey...they took that out a while ago.

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of blocking while running. I think combat stance should be removed and replaced. Jason should be able to block while walking or using any of his powers. This would be a double sided sword as you'd see the quick block before the power activates, I don't think it will unbalance it though. Use the same button R1, give Jason a different ability under the R3 button. 

Throwing knife stab in the foot of a counselor when stunned maybe. 

You try to hold a weapon. Out in front of you and run. Awkward as fuck. Not realistic. For either Jason or counselors.

The combat stance camera actually needs to zoom out, not in. In Assassin's Creed and Shadow of Mordor, the combat camera zooms out to help the player keep track of multiple opponents.

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

don't like the idea of blocking while running.

How about everytime Jason blocks outside of Combat Stance, he also stops moving?

Edit: @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I wasn't talking about using combat stance when running. This sure would look awkward like you said. I was talking about blocking without the need of "combat-stancing" first. Did you liked the idea?

P.S. I support your CS changes.

6 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

How about everytime Jason blocks outside of Combat Stance, he also stops moving?

I think that's a step to far, as the most vital times to block all involve moving. Going into a cabin, coming round a corner etc.

Glad you started a thread to talk about it.

@NoOneK9503 I like it.

Maybe there should still be a small chance of being stunned since you're off balance while walking, but it sounds good to me.

Lol. I'm glad blocking crackers and flares got patched, but it was funny to hear people flip out that didn't know about it. 

On Wednesday, June 06, 2018 at 6:55 PM, JennyMyers1984 said:

A quick block would honestly be a nice addition. I can see this being used quite frequently however by every Jason. So I’d say maybe it doesn’t have as big of a chance at actually blocking the attack as a combat stance block. It would quite literally make Jason unstunnable if the player is skilled.

By the way it always makes me laugh when Jason players try to block flare guns and firecrackers, this isn’t July 2017 honey...they took that out a while ago.

As to the OP, a quick block would be nice, but easily abused.  If it had a decent chance of failing it'd probably be balanced then.

9 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

As to the OP, a quick block would be nice, but easily abused.  If it had a decent chance of failing it'd probably be balanced then.

I think the other downsides would make up for its usefulness. And they are: No lock-on into a counselor and no 360° reach. So you would high chances to be stunned from behind while doing so.

And @Tommy86. For users like you, who didn't liked my idea in the General Discussion, I did this other topic. I hope you like it.

Definitely not a fan of this idea. I already met Jason players blocking with ease against a small group of counselors. People need training and they should be more alert. I think Jason isn't supposed to be "easy" to play.

1 minute ago, LaChappa The Hero said:

I already met Jason players blocking with ease against a small group of counselors.

Well when they all group up and attack him, yeah. You just start blocking until they break all their weapons. You're not supposed to attack him like that though. This just gives him a somewhat viable block while on the move. Still doesn't guarantee he won't be stunned, and it doesn't work at all angles.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, NoOneK9503 said:

This is already in the game and is currently an exploit. But my proposal it to make this an actual mechanic from the game.

Correction - it was in the game, but is no longer. But yes running block was a viable tactic since you wouldn't have to deal with auto locking onto counselors, and could still keep your mobility. For that reason it was very beneficial in group combat. This was an exploit with a positive effect on the game that is now removed unfortunately. Of course both Jason and counselors should be able to block irrespective of combat stance, that is a no brainer really. 

Honestly combat stance should simply be renamed to "aim assist" because that's all it's good for. And it is very powerful when used in the right way, but block should not be restricted to only being available in this aim assist mode.