Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RadikalGamer

What else can be done about the constant game trolling?

Recommended Posts

Community and especially developers alike...What can be done about the so many constant multiplayer different ways of trolling at this point, hosts leaving putting others in the salt mines that did nothing wrong, teaming (which has just gotten worse and I can't report the excessive amount of teaming I see otherwise I would have no time to play the damn game), People leaving important escape items in cabins that can no longer be accessed due to certain ones being locked and only one way in, body blocking the car because people get mad they put the battery in and someone snagged their seat or just plain blocking it to take away someones experience just to troll the match...?  These are just a few.  I am curious on thought in the community to possible resolutions some people have on some of these and other issues as well as the developers or anyone that wants to jump in and comment.  Also curious if any of these are in the process of being reworked in the game as so people cannot ruin matches with these things etc.  Thanks.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing a game that's not multiplayer. People are garbage. You will encounter trolls on ANY multiplayer game. It will NEVER go away. It's the harsh truth but that's the reality of the situation. It's like asking what can be done about assholes in real life. Nothing. They exist. And you will always have run ins with them. For games, it's part of the multiplayer experience. The ONLY way to stop them is to play single player offline games.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Not ones that are barred. 

I can't think of any barred doors you can't get around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Playing a game that's not multiplayer. People are garbage. You will encounter trolls on ANY multiplayer game. It will NEVER go away. It's the harsh truth but that's the reality of the situation. It's like asking what can be done about assholes in real life. Nothing. They exist. And you will always have run ins with them. For games, it's part of the multiplayer experience. The ONLY way to stop them is to play single player offline games.

I agree with you partly...trolling is always going to exist in multiplayer games...true, but on the other hand its also just an excuse not to fix what can be fixed, lets be honest here some things can be fixed and tweaked so people will not be able to troll anymore.  Lets not just chalk it off to all of it is just going to exist and be done with it, I find it lazy, some things can be dealt with, not all...but some. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You can unlock doors from both sides now, that part is fixed.

Yeah you got me on that one that is true and now that you mention its a good fix too and it fixed the troll, which just goes to prove in my OP some of these things they can fix and deal with.  Yeah you can get around barred doors through windows.  So they did fix the single access doors for us, thus eliminating the troll factor on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I can't think of any barred doors you can't get around?

Small cabin by the main house on Packanack. Unless it is a screen door, all outer doors have bars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Playing a game that's not multiplayer. People are garbage. You will encounter trolls on ANY multiplayer game. It will NEVER go away. It's the harsh truth but that's the reality of the situation. It's like asking what can be done about assholes in real life. Nothing. They exist. And you will always have run ins with them. For games, it's part of the multiplayer experience. The ONLY way to stop them is to play single player offline games.

btw playing single player is not stopping them, its just not playing multiplayer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

Small cabin by the main house on Packanack. 

That one has a side window you can climb through, not just the high one you jump out of, like the other cabin that only has one high window but that is a non barred door, so that cabin door can be gotten around through the side window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

That one has a side window you can climb through, not just the high one you jump out of, like the other cabin that only has one high window but that is a non barred door, so that cabin door can be gotten around through the side window.

Yeah, what I was going to say.

Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that would stop trolling is if the developers somehow lost money because of it. If it’s not costing them money, they don’t care. They already got your money. The upkeep on this game is motivately purely out of personal interest, embarrassment, and hope that the next game Gun and/or Illfonic are behind will have some sort of clout because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

if any of these are in the process of being reworked in the game as so people cannot ruin matches with these things etc. 

So, you expect the devs to somehow make people not be jerks/trolls? In a multiplayer pvp game?

I feel like you're asking for too much m8. No matter what mechanics are implemented, people will figure a way to work within them, with the express purpose of annoying other players. People whined about team killing, now there's not an option to simply kill an annoying player. Honestly, the players should be policing other players better than any mechanics. Just my thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CowardlyBadger said:

So, you expect the devs to somehow make people not be jerks/trolls? In a multiplayer pvp game?

I feel like you're asking for too much m8. No matter what mechanics are implemented, people will figure a way to work within them, with the express purpose of annoying other players. People whined about team killing, now there's not an option to simply kill an annoying player. Honestly, the players should be policing other players better than any mechanics. Just my thoughts.

I expect the developers to do what they can to curb trolling in area's that they can do so, not work miracles, and no I do not think that is asking to much haha.  I am glad team killing is gone save that for a private match.  People abused it FAR to much and it was a good decision on their part especially with all the teaming going on in pug multiplayer matches, you get in a group with 2 or so friends it was kill the pugs time or tell Jason where the pug is if their friend was Jason (it was lame is only getting worse and ruining the player experience for so many.)  So no I am in no way asking for "too much."  Just whatever they can do when they can do it is a fair and in no way unreasonable.  I am not looking to get into a debate about this and this is the last I will say about it.  I have stated what I needed to clearly and what I asked about they will either be able to fix some of it or they will not.  Like the door troll. They fixed that and no one is going to be able to find another way around that fix. So there is proof right there....that things....can be done.  That is all my OP was about, when something can be done, I would appreciate if it would be done.  The devs are not miracle workers though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried making a thread about it on a forum? That seems to work for most of the people here.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I can't think of any barred doors you can't get around?

The other day I wanted to get the fuse for the phone. Door barred. Only one window in. I climb through, bear trap! Wtf? The fuse just lay in the middle of the room as a nice bait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SvdH79 said:

The other day I wanted to get the fuse for the phone. Door barred. Only one window in. I climb through, bear trap! Wtf? The fuse just lay in the middle of the room as a nice bait.

How did the person that set this trap get out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

Community and especially developers alike...What can be done about the so many constant multiplayer different ways of trolling at this point, hosts leaving putting others in the salt mines that did nothing wrong, teaming (which has just gotten worse and I can't report the excessive amount of teaming I see otherwise I would have no time to play the damn game), People leaving important escape items in cabins that can no longer be accessed due to certain ones being locked and only one way in, body blocking the car because people get mad they put the battery in and someone snagged their seat or just plain blocking it to take away someones experience just to troll the match...?  These are just a few.  I am curious on thought in the community to possible resolutions some people have on some of these and other issues as well as the developers or anyone that wants to jump in and comment.  Also curious if any of these are in the process of being reworked in the game as so people cannot ruin matches with these things etc.  Thanks.

I do not believe the hosts leaving puts others in the salt mines that were in the lobby. If the host leaves mid match during a kill, or at all during a match, that individual will gain salt from that behavior, the rest of the lobby receives no punishment for that and just goes on their merry way looking for the next lobby. That being said, the truth is that trolling will never go away, there will always be idiots out there that actually thrive on making other people's experiences miserable because they, themselves, are miserable with their own lives. The devs can fix all the bugs, all the exploitable map glitches, etc. but at the end of the day trolling will still be around somehow. Make friends and play with them exclusively if you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predicted the salt mines would just create more trolls and it seems like I was correct.People are mad cause they cannot leave so now they are staying to make other peoples playing experience as miserable as possible. You can still body block anyone in a tight spot as long as you have a gun aimed at them and hoard parts to objectives.Teaming is no longer mentioned in the code of conduct so it must be ok to do now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I predicted the salt mines would just create more trolls and it seems like I was correct.People are mad cause they cannot leave so now they are staying to make other peoples playing experience as miserable as possible. You can still body block anyone in a tight spot as long as you have a gun aimed at them and hoard parts to objectives.Teaming is no longer mentioned in the code of conduct so it must be ok to do now.

You do not have to stay in a match after you have been killed. Once Jason's kill animation is finished, you are free to leave the match with no penalty, though you won't get any XP or CP accumulated throughout that match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nickypoolicious said:

I do not believe the hosts leaving puts others in the salt mines that were in the lobby. If the host leaves mid match during a kill, or at all during a match, that individual will gain salt from that behavior, the rest of the lobby receives no punishment for that and just goes on their merry way looking for the next lobby. That being said, the truth is that trolling will never go away, there will always be idiots out there that actually thrive on making other people's experiences miserable because they, themselves, are miserable with their own lives. The devs can fix all the bugs, all the exploitable map glitches, etc. but at the end of the day trolling will still be around somehow. Make friends and play with them exclusively if you can.

Then why was I put in the salt mines on Xbox One four times in the last week due to only hosts leaving the game?  I do not leave matches or quit during a match ever, even after I am killed I watch it out till the end, they do indeed at least on the Xbox one put you in the salt mines for excessive host leaving when you are not even the host good sir.  There is no other explanation, except the salt mines itself has a some sort of other serious bug.  All I can do is sit here and wait to see if its fixed and from what I am reading PC and PS4 will get the fixes before Xbox one owners do, I do not see why we are always the last one to get server fixes, etc....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nickypoolicious said:

You do not have to stay in a match after you have been killed. Once Jason's kill animation is finished, you are free to leave the match with no penalty, though you won't get any XP or CP accumulated throughout that match.

Right indeed no CP or XP so even if your level 150 and unless you have hordes of CP that you don't use, then you kinda have to stay to get that XP/CP.  Makes Zero sense to leave a match before its finish in that case, which is a lot of the case for most of us, I am 150 on PC but I have went console and am starting over with the game there.  Many people have done this.   For those of you thinking it my account is still active on PC lol I didn't get banned as I have always played the game as intended.  I can read your minds!  He got banned on PC!  lol no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

How did the person that set this trap get out?

The alpha troll gives no fucks and leaves the match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, CountYorgaVampir said:

How did the person that set this trap get out?

They may have just left the match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Save  your time with the teamers. They took it from the Code of Conduct, teaming is not cheating anymore. These devs won´t do anything against trolling besides making it legit...

And some actually think that they can talk exactly these devs into accepting that trapping Jason with a trap is an exploit. lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×