NoOneK9503

Counselors should not be allowed to recover half of their stamina when they hit Jason

I've saw matches when after killing almost all the counselors, Jason (Parts 2 and 4) had to pursue a single Vanessa who kept outrunning and hitting him all the time, even before Jason could end his grab animation. And since she kept hitting him, her stamina never depleted.

This lasted the entire match! Entire! Match!

Certain users here would say to use a +Shift Jason to catch her, but this is also an useless strategy if the Vanessa user knows how to juke and avoid Shift-grabs.

So, I propose a change: No counselor should ever be capable of regaining stamina after hitting Jason. A least, not half of the stamina bar.

At first, I was reluctant in proposing this because counselors should be rewarded for trying to fight back a supernatural monster like Jason Voorhees. But this? This is getting abused to the point Jason cannot catch a single person at all! And I like the idea of: The longer you are at Jason's presence, the less chances you have of surviving him.

So, what you guys think about this?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

At first, I was reluctant in proposing this because counselors should be rewarded for trying to fight back a supernatural monster like Jason Voorhees

This is precisely why they shouldn't do this. Repair characters shouldn't be punished because a good Vanessa player can outplay a mediocre Jason.

Instead of taking away stamina boosts when landing a hit on Jason - you know, high risk, high reward - maybe those Jason players could try throwing knives, slashing or breaking windows to make her limp, cutting power boxes to spike her fear and reduce stamina regeneration, etc. Most good Jasons will just spin around to avoid the hit or grab through it anyway...

• Like 5

Yep, totally agree OP. We've been having some good ideas posted on the forums here lately concerning the balance between counselors and Jason. The developers should take notes, just saying.

All of these requests for Counselor nerfs usually have one character mentioned:  Vanessa.  She really breaks a lot of systems by herself. 

Other counselors like AJ who break weapons right away and are slow need things like this.  Once again though Vanessa rears her monsterous legs. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

All of these requests for Counselor nerfs usually have one character mentioned:  Vanessa.  She really breaks a lot of systems by herself. 

Other counselors like AJ who break weapons right away and are slow need things like this.  Once again though Vanessa rears her monsterous legs. 

This. Deborah, AJ, LaChappa and Jenny would all be dead on sight if they implemented this, because all Jason would have to do is tunnel them until they're out of stamina. Even with the stamina boost, they still take the risk of being grabbed when they get close enough to try and stun him. There'd be no point in them even trying to fight back, because even if they did succeed, they wouldn't get far without the stamina boost. I honestly think some Jason players would be happy for the counselors to spawn in, stand still, and just wait to be killed at Jason's leisure lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BFizzle said:

This. Deborah, AJ, LaChappa and Jenny would all be dead on sight if they implemented this, because all Jason would have to do is tunnel them until they're out of stamina. Even with the stamina regeneration boost, they still take the risk of being grabbed when they get close enough to try and stun him. There'd be no point in them even trying to fight back, because even if they did succeed, they wouldn't get far without the stamina boost. I honestly think some Jason players would be happy for the counselors to spawn in, stand still, and just wait to be killed at Jason's leisure lol.

Also for the 4 you mentioned this only adds very temporary survivability.  AJ gets 2 bat uses and is gone. These characters are also slow and have limited stamina.  They don’t get very far. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Instead of taking away stamina boosts when landing a hit on Jason - you know, high risk, high reward - maybe those Jason players could try throwing knives, slashing or breaking windows to make her limp, cutting power boxes to spike her fear and reduce stamina regeneration, etc. Most good Jasons will just spin around to avoid the hit or grab through it anyway...

First, I have to tell you that I don't want this to become a flame war.

Now, I think your arguments are flawed. Why? Because the Throwing Knives are a limited resource that can be countered by med sprays (and Medic).

Slashing does not help since she can still hit him through the slashes and regain stamina (don't forget the med sprays too).

And cutting the power to raise fear doesn't help it either because she can still hit you to recover half of her stamina back, thus making the fear system useless.

• Like 1

They can start by trying a smaller nerf.  Take the amount AJ or a repair counselor gets back and make that a flat amount rather than a percentage.  

No one wants to watch Vanessa get back half her stamina bar and run the entire map for 12 minutes while we are stuck in the lobby.  

This way slow characters aren’t nerfed directly but only Vanessa takes the hit.  She’s the problem here.  

• Thanks 2

Another brilliant idea from someone who has never played the game. Wait until you have some practical experience before making suggestions like this.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

No counselor should ever be capable of regaining stamina after hitting Jason. A least, not half of the stamina bar.

I didn't even know counselors gained stamina for hitting Jason....   if this is true, its complete bullshit..lol

if anything they should lose stamina

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

. I honestly think some Jason players would be happy for the counselors to spawn in, stand still, and just wait to be killed at Jason's leisure lol.

...Sort of like how counselor ONLY players expect Jason to just lay down on the ground for half the match?  Which in most cases, is already happening...lol

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

I didn't even know counselors gained stamina for hitting Jason....   if this is true, its complete bullshit..lol

It's called adrenaline and it's been a gameplay mechanic this whole time, don't act faux outraged now. ?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Half stamina?  Actually it more than half gained from hitting Jason. Lol.  I think it’s fine, Jason could just as easily block and punish if the Vanessa mindlessly swing at him. Of course Jason could choose to avoid chasing her ambush instead.  Far easier catching them when you don’t fight with them directly 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Really, you’ve been here a while now and you didn’t know that?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

It's called adrenalin and it's been a gameplay mechanic this whole time, don't act faux outraged now. ?

Im not acting like anything.

Its a really stupid game play mechanic.  Especially now considering how slow grab is and quick block being broken. 

Besides...Adrenaline doesn't work like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Its a really stupid game play mechanic.

A stupid gameplay mechanic you've had no problem with and haven't even been aware of for a year. It's fine and clearly hasn't effected your experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

For not break the whole system they could do this: If a character have 7 stamina or less he can recover stamina when he stun Jason. If they have above 7 the character will not recover stamina when they stun Jason. 

10 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

They gain stamina while they're in the swinging animation. They gain stamina slowly as if they were staying still but some characters recover it faster than others.

It doesn't cost any stamina to attack so they just gain more. Same rules apply for climbing through windows.

3 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

A stupid gameplay mechanic you've had no problem with and haven't even been aware of for a year. It's fine and clearly hasn't effected your experience.

And only reason i didn't notice before is because block and grab actually worked.  Which meant i spent 90% of the time not getting hit..

So ya.. its stupid,  Counselors should not be getting more stamina for hitting Jason.  Same as breaking free with a pocket knife should not give stamina back either.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

For not break the whole system they could do this: If a character have 7 stamina or less he can recover stamina when he stun Jason. If they have above 7 the character will not recover stamina when they stun Jason. 

I’d rather it be a flat amount that is equal for everyone.  I don’t think high stamina characters should be punished, but the playing field should be equal. 

Right now half a Vanessa bar is obnoxious whereas half a Deborah bar is like “whatever I’ll catch her again in a minute”. 

Just now, HuDawg said:

And only reason i didn't notice before is because block and grab actually worked. 

Wow, it's almost as if this is all Jason players need to do for this thread topic to not even be an issue. Who'da thunk!