NoOneK9503

Counselors should not be allowed to recover half of their stamina when they hit Jason

7 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I’ve been stunned while blocking for a while.  I’m not sure if Jason just stops blocking randomly now but I didn’t let go of the block and my weapon was up.   Stunned from the front.  

Also stunned from behind while blocking but I think I read that block isn’t 360 degrees.  Anyway blocking won’t help if there are two counselors.  

I don’t believe that, you must have been affected by lag. Lag can cause you to be stunned while standing in block, if you block just before counselor hits.

Jason’s block cannot be broken however, and it is 360 degrees so you cannot sustain a hit from behind or at any angle.

Previously blocking then grabbing felt smooth.  Now you have to cancel stance and then grab.  It’s not instant. 

Combat stance always had to be cancelled to grab. You cannot grab in combat stance. There are a few issues with CS now, one of which is longer entry time, and another which is you need to double press sprint to exit combat stance if you moving. If you are standing it only requires one press just as before.

Of course these are all mistakes on Illfonic’s part, because these issues only happen if you aren’t the host. If you are host then everything works same as before.

1 minute ago, Tommy86 said:

I don’t believe that, you must have been affected by lag. Jason’s block cannot be broken, and it is 360 degrees so you cannot sustain a hit from behind or at any angle.

Combat stance always had to be cancelled to grab. You cannot grab in combat stance. There are a few issues with CS now, one of which is longer entry time, and another which is you need to double press sprint to exit combat stance if you moving. If you are standing it only requires one press just as before. Of course I am sure these are all mistakes on Illfonic’s part.

That must be some lag because both times I was approaching while holding block at least 2-3 seconds before being stunned. Does he not block if he’s walking and blocking?

I swear the players in this community are going to kill the game before the developers do.

Just now, Gummybish said:

I swear the players in this community are going to kill the game before the developers do.

This game has hemmoraged players since it’s first day.  The people bickering now are petty much what’s left of the people who care enough to be here. 

That must be some lag because both times I was approaching while holding block at least 2-3 seconds before being stunned. Does he not block if he’s walking and blocking?

I don’t know what to tell you, I’m not aware of anything like that. Walking or not walking it doesn’t matter, if Jason is holding the block up then it will block, regardless of movement.

Also @NoOneK9503 just to chime in, I very heavily disagree with your suggestion. I really suggest you stop watching random streams and play the game for yourself. You would experience firsthand then how much of a necessity stamina gain is off hits.

Just now, Tommy86 said:

I don’t know what to tell you, I’m not aware of anything like that. Walking or not walking it doesn’t matter, if Jason is holding the block up then it will block, regardless of movement.

I’ll gave to watch this more carefully.  It only happened one match so maybe it was lag.  Since I’ve just been using the spear and hitting from further away. 

4 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I’ll gave to watch this more carefully.  It only happened one match so maybe it was lag.  Since I’ve just been using the spear and hitting from further away. 

Yeah like I said it was most probably lag. There is actually a way you can monitor your ping as Jason, which is keep holding the scoreboard button, then press combat stance. You can now release scoreboard button and it will still stay up. Of course you will have scoreboard covering screen but you can still see through it. For testing it is good. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

I don’t believe that, you must have been affected by lag. Lag can cause you to be stunned while standing in block, if you block just before counselor hits.

Jason’s block cannot be broken however, and it is 360 degrees so you cannot sustain a hit from behind or at any angle.

I think lag can also cancel blocking.. As when it happens to me its it laggy games.

But this new update did ruin quick blocking.  Its like block has a 1 second delay before working now, even tho Jasons arm is clearly up and blocking.

1 hour ago, NScarlato said:

Combat stance is presently jankier than ever.   

It does actually have a small delay (also when you want to stop Combat stance and grab).  A swift attacker will almost definitely connect first   Possibly even a normal swing unless you predict before they do it.

I’ve been stunned while blocking for a while.  I’m not sure if Jason just stops blocking randomly now but I didn’t let go of the block and my weapon was up.   Stunned from the front.  

Also stunned from behind while blocking but I think I read that block isn’t 360 degrees.  Anyway blocking won’t help if there are two counselors if the second can just hit you from behind.

Previously blocking then grabbing felt smooth.  Now you have to cancel stance and then grab.  It’s not instant. 

I wouldn’t tag me, tag the OP who hasn’t even played the game and is making a big suggestion. 

5 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

And nerf slow counselors? I don’t think so. 

Yeah I knew that was a bad idea the second I said it.

3 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Also @NoOneK9503 just to chime in, I very heavily disagree with your suggestion. I really suggest you stop watching random streams and play the game for yourself. You would experience firsthand then how much of a necessity stamina gain is off hits.

The description of - defense stat says less chance to block. So -defense Jason’s can be hit even while blocking. Also I had my mask knocked off as J4 while blocking. 

7 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I wouldn’t tag me, tag the OP who hasn’t even played the game and is making a big suggestion. 

I'm watching everything from my e-mails. FYI, I follow this topic.

7 hours ago, dandop1984 said:

The description of - defense stat says less chance to block. So -defense Jason’s can be hit even while blocking. Also I had my mask knocked off as J4 while blocking. 

Ok I will explain this once and for all. -Def doesn’t mean more chance of having your block broken. All it means is that you have more chance of taking full damage from a hit while blocking, however you can’t actually get stunned out of it. There will be no stun so long as you are holding block up (against melee attacks) and the only way you can sustain a stun is once you get demasked which is purely from damage taken.

Since there is a lot of confusion about this -Def stat because of its dogshit description, I will be posting a video with full evidence and explanation. Check the Playbook thread soon, it will all be in there.

Since Jason’s damage on block is so minimal (5% damage max), the only melee weapons that can realistically lower your HP after enough attempts are machete and axe (4/5 damage and 6 damage on block respectively from 10 Str). If you had your mask taken off during a block, it means you would’ve taken an absolute beating during the match. A gangbang could do it, especially with shotguns which can almost kill a mask close range.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 7:38 PM, Gummybish said:

So is everything becoming an issue now?

Yes, Everything that EVEN SLIGHTLY makes the Counselors strong is an Issue for Jasons.

55 minutes ago, SmugDoka said:

Yes, Everything that EVEN SLIGHTLY makes the Counselors strong is an Issue for Jasons.

Just Hudawg but yes.

@NoOneK9503 were you aware of the affects of this change if it hit live? 

1 hour ago, SmugDoka said:

12 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Just Hudawg but yes.

This is Jasons game.   Anything that makes him look like a fool or makes it too easy for counselors, diminishes the the entire feel of the game.  Especially when playing as counselor.

And any counselor main..who doesn't care about Jason.. And has a clear bias toward Counselors... Should never be taken seriously.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

were you aware of the affects of this change if it hit live? 

Hmm... Maybe I should ask the mods to close this topic.

3 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

This is Jasons game.   Anything that makes him look like a fool or makes it too easy for counselors, diminishes the the entire feel of the game.  Especially when playing as counselor.

And any counselor main..who doesn't care about Jason.. And has a clear bias toward Counselors... Should never be taken seriously.

I aware of this being Jason’s game. I can read the title. I’m also aware you have a clear bias toward Jason, so I don’t take you serious. You want to nerf and kill slow counselors easier. You are aware running Jason’s can easily catch up to slow counselors? You always mention Vanessa’s but the nerfs you suggest don’t affect her more than it hurts Deb or Eric. I’m aware Jason needs buffs, but counselors don’t need nerfs. Heck some of them need buffs with stealth being weak.   

5 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I aware of this being Jason’s game. I can read the title. I’m also aware you have a clear bias toward Jason, so I don’t take you serious. You want to nerf and kill slow counselors easier. You are aware running Jason’s can easily catch up to slow counselors? You always mention Vanessa’s but the nerfs you suggest don’t affect her more than it hurts Deb or Eric. I’m aware Jason needs buffs, but counselors don’t need nerfs. Heck some of them need buffs with stealth being weak.   

Completely agree as an AJ main, but I'm just as afraid of Jason buffs as I am Counselor nerfs.  Easy to kill counselors like AJ will just get comparatively weaker while probably not fixing the Vanessa problem.

39 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Completely agree as an AJ main, but I'm just as afraid of Jason buffs as I am Counselor nerfs.  Easy to kill counselors like AJ will just get comparatively weaker while probably not fixing the Vanessa problem.

That’s the issue with the stats. Every buff to Jason will indirectly nerf slow counselors more than fast ones. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I second this. Instead of trying to Nerf counselors just buff Jason's grab and hit detection.

• Like 1

@TiffanyIsBae and @Gummybish

Not on topic but as an AJ main, I've been playing a lot of Tiffany lately.  I grab a map and beeline for the sweater.  So many Jasons cursing at me as I actually have the stamina to get to a cabin from Jason's House.  (AJ isn't always so successful at this if Jason morphs to her and the hut is far away from anything).

I really think making Tiff a threat with the sweater is my favorite role for her.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 10:46 AM, BFizzle said:

Repair characters shouldn't be punished because a good Vanessa player can outplay a mediocre Jason.

If we're being honest, there's no such thing as "a good Vanessa player".

That's like saying the lowly Golden State Warriors are an underdog story against the Juggernaut Cleveland Cavaliers.

17 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

@TiffanyIsBae and @Gummybish

Not on topic but as an AJ main, I've been playing a lot of Tiffany lately.  I grab a map and beeline for the sweater.  So many Jasons cursing at me as I actually have the stamina to get to a cabin from Jason's House.  (AJ isn't always so successful at this if Jason morphs to her and the hut is far away from anything).

I really think making Tiff a threat with the sweater is my favorite role for her.

It's really her best role.  Sure, she could ferry items to objectives, but she's not a fighter, and her repair is crap.

1 hour ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I aware of this being Jason’s game. I can read the title. I’m also aware you have a clear bias toward Jason, so I don’t take you serious. You want to nerf and kill slow counselors easier. 

Ooh please.. If it was up to me counselors Jogs would take no stamina to use.  Only sprint and melee attacks would use stamina.

Which in turn would give counselors more time to actually get around and get away from Jason.

I don't care if people make Buff or nerf topics for Jason or Counselor. (Thats what game forums are for)  If it makes sense, it makes sense.  Im not bias, because i play both sides equally.