HuDawg

The current state of Jason vs Counselors

I got the ever-loving shit beaten out of me earlier around the car next to the Packanack Lodge by 6 counselors all vying for seats in the 4 seater.  I just put myself up against the driver's side door and tried to fight them off the best I could.  They didn't take the car, the time ran out. I killed 2 of the 6.  I only got 4/8 that round.

• Like 1

Heres a shocker Hudawg and another beef up jason thread lol but he is set to no preference 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Heres a shocker Hudawg and another beef up jason thread lol but he is set to no preference 

Actually its more of a tweak counselors/jason thread.

Its happens dude.. Its a F13th game forum.   You should know this by now, you've been banned enough times..lol

• Haha 1

I agree with the majority of what was stated in the opening post of this thread. I was killed for the first time as Jason the other day (been playing since Day 1), and one of the reasons was because every time I was hit I was stunned. The moment I was able to move, I would either try grabbing, miss (too long recovery time), and get stunned, or slash a player once and then immediately get stunned again. I didn't quit, because I'm not that guy. I just felt weak like I was young Jason being picked on by the counselors before being tossed into the lake.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Actually its more of a tweak counselors/jason thread.

Its happens dude.. Its a F13th game forum.   You should know this by now, you've been banned enough times..lol

Lol in what part of you post is there anything that helps the counsellor and not jason you twit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Lol in what part of you post is there anything that helps the counsellor and not jason you twit

The entire topic is based off GANG beating Jason.

What exactly do counselors need help with?    Your mom?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The entire topic is based off GANG beating Jason.

What exactly do counselors need help with?    Your mom?

Clever....means alot coming from a virgin...and as i was saying another buff jason nerf counsellor thread dont you get board of it

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Clever....means alot coming from a virgin...and as i was saying another buff jason nerf counsellor thread dont you get board of it

Clever? Your post just doesnt make sense. Board?

Btw. You calling people names and making arguments without anything substantial, makes you look kind of dumb.  I think that if we were to put your brain in a bird, the poor bastard would fly backwards..

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

A hudawg nut handler...you must a have pretty boring life just like him....get a job and it wont bother you so much

I don't know how you keep track of all these burner accounts.  I can barely manage two emails.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

9 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

A hudawg nut handler...you must a have pretty boring life just like him....get a job and it wont bother you so much

..Im sorry for not asking for your permission before posting.  

From now on .   All forum posters must only post topics that buff counselors.  Must have proof of not being a virgin and proof of employment.

And must make sure to get full permission from you 1st.

Please forgive me!   I do not the error of my ways.   

:D

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

..Im sorry for not asking for your permission before posting.  

From now on .   All forum posters must only post topics that buff counselors.  Must have proof of not being a virgin and proof of employment.

And must make sure to get full permission from you 1st.

Please forgive me!   I do not the error of my ways.   

:D

Whats the difference you only post about buffing jason

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Whats the difference you only post about buffing jason

If you can prove that without shadow of a doubt.  Il never post anything ever again.

Good luck.   Now buzz off. :chadjunk:

So kinda like you have to try and prove to ontario works that you are actively seeking employment while only playing video games?

The grab is meant to be a strong secondary attack, not a primary attack, though i disagree with the smaller radius, it should have a long cool down animation as punishment for missing, in order to balanced Jason the dev's need to do more work on his primary attack via making it longer and able to be cancel it as well as allowing Jason to block as soon as he goes into combat stance which was changed for some reason in the last update, this makes him very weak against groups.

This is my suggestion:

-allow Jason and counsellors to block immediately after going into combat stance.

-Allow both Jason and counsellors to cancel their attacks with block (removing this didn't fix sliding so please re-add it.

-make the speed stat only effect running and not jogging (due to the buff to Jason's movement speed councillors with 5 or lower speed are unable to compete with a running Jason, this severely limits the amount of characters viable and narrows the meta even more to Vanessa and chad).

-Allow block and attack at the same time.

-make Jason and Councillors block 360 protection instead of 180.

-Rework medic so it doubles healing and healing speed instead of giving 2 med sprays.

-increase the amount of med sprays by 25%.

-Allow for an FOV slider or FOV option in the .ini for PC, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro considering that they are capable of it.

25 minutes ago, -Feedback- said:

allowing Jason to block as soon as he goes into combat stance which was changed for some reason in the last update, this makes him very weak against groups.

Just wanted to take this line for a second.   This is one of the reasons as to why so easy to gang beat Jason now.

The block isn't instant anymore.  When quick blocking with combat stance.  Theres slight a delay to block, even tho BLOCK is up.  (Not sure if this was a mistake or on purpose)

We do know that they are altering the grab recovery frames.  So that will help in terms of missing grabs.  I know you said missing a grab should have a penalty,  and i mostly agree.  But its just too long currently.  And counselors barely have any recovery time when swinging melee weapons.

When going Melee Vs Melee.  The recovery time is about fair.  BUT, Jason gets hit and 90% of the time hes stunned 5-10 second.  When counselors get hit its barely a body flinch.   Also healing is faster then Jasons stun recovery.. which keeps this cycle going.

And from how i see it.. That cycle should not exist.  It doesn't look right in the game.. Just as it would not look right in the movies.

Anyways.  Thanks for the feedback..  -Feedback-   :D

Counselors don't even need to do the objectives to win. I lost to a Vanessa that was able to avoid me for 20 minutes with Rage really early game. She actually used 3 pocket knifes and 4 sprays, she probably had 4 extra too. I was just confused like wtf

28 minutes ago, -Feedback- said:

Allow for an FOV slider or FOV option in the .ini for PC, Xbox One X and PS4 Pro considering that they are capable of it.

Poser is that you? 

How many accounts are you going to start?

31 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

So kinda like you have to try and prove to ontario works that you are actively seeking employment while only playing video games?

I was considering quitting my job.  Just to go on welfare..  And then devote all my time to creating BUFF JASON topics.  Just for you!

It will be great!!

Just think off all the fun we are gonna have together.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Good!   You shouldn't be 'healing' around Jason anyways.  Like pretty much every game out there with healing.  Go find someone safe and then heal.

IMO Hitting Jason isn't earning Jack shit.  Hitting Jason is a choice.

And it sure as hell doesn't make sense that Jason is getting stunned for 5-10 seconds every time one of these weak ass counselors hit him.  Yet these same counselors when they get hit by melee weapons only flinch 0.5 seconds and can heal in 1 second.

Its backwards

I understand that you may disagree with that.  But from my perspective its why myself and many others act so aggressive and cocky around Jason.

Counsellors have to stun jason to have enough time to heal. Against a good Jason, that is earnng it. They cannot simply heal next to him unless he is stunned. So yes, they have to earn it whether you consider it easy to or not. Secondly, if they could not heal around him they would just die. Throwing knive, slash, and then they are limping.

Yes they can heal after being hit by melee, but that uses up their healing resources. Jason just needs to do it again. It only takes two hits of any kind to put a counsellor into a limping state. And if they have all heals then they have no pocket knives, leaving them vulnerable to a grab auto kill. Jason is all about the chase. Sure, a counsellor might narrowly escape him but every time they do they are at more and more of a disadvantage as they lose resources and gain fear. That's the whole point.

Jason does have to work for his kills some, but if he does he will usually get them.

And finally, Jason is not always stunned, nor is he always knocked down. That only happens on occassion. Again, if a jason player is acting like a bull, walking right into a well armed group of good counsellors they will punish him for a bit before he gets a kill. That is Jasons fault.

Typical stun time on Jason is less than five seconds not more, and counsellors do not take "1" second to heal. It takes two seconds, which can be interrupted btw.

3-4 hits from Jason will kill any counsellor. His grab is an auto kill. These aspects are far greater than anything counsellors can do, but Jason does need to utilize them properly and be smart to maximize his kill count. At the end of the day though, Jason still has those tools that make him OP if he knows how to use his abilities. If he doesn't, counsellors will punish him. That's how games like this work, it's an online game against human opponents of varying skill. 

If a counsellor hits jason 3 - 4 times he is stunned a few times. If Jason hits a counsellor 3 - 4 times or lands 1 grab, that counsellor is dead, unless they are save or use up resources. Jason still has to be smart enough to make that happen. At the end of the day, Jason can kill in 1- 4 hits and has a variety of abilities to aid him in doing so.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Counsellors have to stun jason to have enough time to heal. Against a good Jason, that is earnng it. They cannot simply heal next to him unless he is stunned.

Hitting Jason isn't that hard tho.  So i fail to see how its earning anything.  Considering 90% of every hit on Jason is a stun regardless of weapon choice or counselor choice..  And every stun has Jason standing there for 5-10 seconds.   (And healing takes only a second)    So when you add in a few more counselors to the mix.  This is when it becomes a issue.  It turns into a cycle of non stop stunning.   I just don't see this as a visually fun experience.. and its also frustrating to players playing as Jason.

It goes from.. JASON RUN!! ... To Jason..  whooop his ass! ( And this sort of ruins the buzz)

Theres plenty of people in this topic that are basically saying the same thing im saying.. Even saying its happening to them.

Its not like im just making this shit up.  

3 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

I got the ever-loving shit beaten out of me earlier around the car next to the Packanack Lodge by 6 counselors all vying for seats in the 4 seater.  I just put myself up against the driver's side door and tried to fight them off the best I could.  They didn't take the car, the time ran out. I killed 2 of the 6.  I only got 4/8 that round.

This is really frustrating. It can be very difficult to stop the car and when you do, there is almost nothing Jason can do to stop counselors from abusing him. He is stuck in the grab out frames for a super long time and will constantly be hit. You had better pray the group doesn't know how to kill Jason lol.

Granted I've only been playing for a couple of months, but I've yet to be killed, even by groups that have attempted it. I can agree that the width probably needs a little tweak for the grab, but I don't have too much trouble otherwise. I can juke weapon swings pretty well, and to be honest, sometimes I just tank through the stuns until they break their weapons on me and then snatch them up. While it's not optimal, it hasn't necessarily stopped me from winning matches or killing counselors.

That said, it does seem that the counselor should be stopped in their attack animation if you slash them, at least maybe depending on Strength stat or something. Doesn't make sense to me that being hit by a giant ogre of a man like that wouldn't stop the average person from effectively following through. 

I can't say that med sprays have impacted my outcomes too much, one way or another. The pocket knives have been much more of a game-changer for me both as a Jason and as a Counselor. 

This is essentially me being ganged by armed counselors at this point. Just outlasting it and exacting revenge afterwards.

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Hitting Jason isn't that hard tho.  So i fail to see how its earning anything.  Considering 90% of every hit on Jason is a stun regardless of weapon choice or counselor choice..  And every stun has Jason standing there for 5-10 seconds.   (And healing takes only a second)    So when you add in a few more counselors to the mix.  This is when it becomes a issue.  It turns into a cycle of non stop stunning.   I just don't see this as a visually fun experience.. and its also frustrating to players playing as Jason.

It goes from.. JASON RUN!! ... To Jason..  whooop his ass! ( And this sort of ruins the buzz)

That part is bullshit and you know it. With reduced weapons on some maps, I've resorted to using pots and skillets in some cases, and with Deb, I'll need to hit 4, 5, or even 6 times before it stuns, and that's it the weapon lasts that long. It's the same way with machetes too, which frequently leave Jason with the flinch animation before he grabs at you. Still, a stun wouldn't be that long with a low strength statistic.

If people are still running the sucker punch, heavy hitter, and slugger combo, God bless them because the changes to stuns a while back killed that perk combination. 

As for the the other part, if Jason goes in on a group of counselors, they should whoop his ass. It's the only thing that they have going for them at that point. You can't take a numbers advantage away from counselors. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AdrianBlackbear said:

That part is bullshit and you know it.

How is anything im posting bullshit.  When im doing exactly what im saying?  Is my game broken?

I also disagree with the rest of you posted.  Besides, Im not saying their should be NO strength in numbers.  Im saying Jason should not have to stand there like an idiot for 5-10 minutes just because nearly EVERY hit is a stun.  Every melee slashes gets healed.   In a group attack situation.  

Theres limits to this..   There needs to be something to deter Counselors from whooping his ass NON STOP besides weapons breaking and running out of med sprays.     Attacking Jason should be a last resort NOT the 1st option.   

A few minor tweaks to this.  Would still allow for strength in numbers.   It would just deter players from sticking around and doing it.   You gotta run away...or die. Thats like, the point of the game.