Sign in to follow this  
HannibalKrall

Create your own counselor or killer in lvl 150

Think about it, when you reach lvl 150 you can create your own counselor with 30 or 40 stats points, and your own Jason with his abilities but every hability comes with their flaws, like +weapon strenght but -stunt resistance or -cant run, that would be awesome

I think creating a counselor would be cool, but I don't like the custom Jason idea.

Counselors get 35 points btw.

Only if my jason can have a glow in the dark neon blue head that can turn blood into rainbow candy 

Creating a counselor wouldn't work because everyone would just give them Vanessa's stats with a couple more points in repair. They'd be too OP.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

Creating a counselor wouldn't work because everyone would just give them Vanessa's stats with a couple more points in repair. They'd be too OP.

Maybe each stat is tied to one other? For example, if the game tied speed and repair together so that for each point the gamer added to speed a point is removed from repair.

I think the idea has a lot of merit, but I'm afraid it's too ambitious for the developers at this point.

• Like 1

Going to what THEY said themselves is that the budgets not big enough for a create-a-character system, it would be awesome if they went for this however and got it going where you had to pay with the CP for expensive hair color, clothes, colors, patterna, stats and more(with a limit to how high you can go)

• but they have not talked about this and I doubt its even on the planning board
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

I probably wouldn't, but that is a good point. I think @Pazuzu is on to something there, but:

37 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

I'm afraid it's too ambitious for the developers at this point.

We should be able to swap masks and clothes on Jason's, so if I want to put the part 4 mask on part 6 or part 2 clothes on part 3 I should be able to.

Also unmasked skins for each Jason

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, BFizzle said:

This is how I feel pretty much. That and I might be one of the only people who prefers characters to forgettable generic character creation systems.

im still lobbying for having alternate costumes / interchangable tops and bottoms for counselors that are appropriate to their personality + look + trope

as for stats, just have premade stat sets (basically the ones from the current counselors) and let people chose between them

On 6/6/2018 at 4:09 PM, thrawn3054 said:

While fun, a broken counselor build would emerge far too quickly.

Why not have it where it only uses our current preset counselor builds and the create a counselor is purely cosmetic?

I wouldn't really be interested in that but I'm sure others would.  The crowd that's obsessed with Jenny's hair for sure.

4 minutes ago, Evil said:

Why not have it where it only uses our current preset counselor builds and the create a counselor is purely cosmetic?

2 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I wouldn't really be interested in that but I'm sure others would.  The crowd that's obsessed with Jenny's hair for sure.

The other way just makes it easier to abuse, this way would be easier and not be an absolute nightmare to balance against.

Where this would lead.... considering you need at least 1 in each stat...

Jason hunter: Composure: 8 Luck: 7  Repair: 1  Speed: 5  Stamina: 5  Stealth: 1  Strength: 7  

Silent repair: Composure: 1 Luck:  1 Repair: 10  Speed: 6  Stamina: 6  Stealth: 10  Strength: 1  

Quick Repair: Composure: 1 Luck: 4  Repair: 10  Speed: 10  Stamina: 8  Stealth: 1  Strength: 1  

Runner/ Fighter: Composure: 1 Luck: 7  Repair:  1 Speed: 10  Stamina: 10  Stealth: 1  Strength:   5

This is just how I would do it off the top of my head, with a bit more thought... there are some things I may change. Others may distribute certain things a bit differently. Some players value certain stats over others for different reasons... but perked out with even half descent perks to help with their stated roles, all of these builds are way too overpowered.

How I would do Jason if allowed: Strengths: Can Run / Weapon Strength / Destruction.... Weaknesses: -Water Speed / -Grip Strength / -Traps 

Can you tell I am used to playing part 4?... with the choice, I would only bother losing the -Shift in favor of what I consider the least harmful weakness...-Grip Strength. I do not like the long wait to break down doors with any Jason that does not have destruction, +Weapon Strength is a huge help when fighting groups or even a lone counselor that wants to fight and has some true skill at doing it... and I just don't like how slow the walking Jason's are.... it takes forever to gather throwing knives, which is a hobby of mine... But I still like to play Part 7 from time to time.
   -Water Speed is irrelevant unless someone actually gets the boat going, which is pretty rare from what I have seen... -Traps is hardly a weakness when you have enough practice at stopping cars... and -Grip Strength is not a big deal after you wound a counselor to limping speed as it is also only really hurts your ability to get to environment kills.

But I would Imagine most Jason Players using something like: Strengths: +Shift / +Morph / +Traps... Weaknesses: -Water Speed / -Grip Strength / -Sense.... or something similar.

Also, if the option to stat your own counselor was locked until level 150.... everyone under level 148 would be screaming bloody murder... but it would make sense for this to be unlocked at level 150 if they ever put this option in the game... which I truly hope they do not.

You guys remember how the PS2 had the Eye Toy where you could scan your face into your create a characters? Would love to see that sort of feature for Friday the 13th. I'm basically LaChappa and Adam put together. Maybe for the create a counselor, you could just mix and match aspects of counselors that already exist. Like, for instance, you could make a white Bugzy with LaChappa's clothes (just a cringy example), or maybe it could be more detailed and you pick eyebrows, hair, skin color, eye color, etc.