Looking hard at perks.  

38 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you like counselor perks as they are currently implemented (slot machine/random)?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm Indifferent. Meh.
  2. 2. What would your preferred method be to aquire perks?

• Purchase specific perks with CP and then pay with CP and/or usage to upgrade?
    • Purchase specific perks with CP and have random determination of quality? (semi-slot machine)
    • Purchase rolls for random perks (like now) but upgrade to higher quality using CP? (semi-slot machine)
    • Some other method. Give ideas in your response please.
  3. 3. Do you feel that the current perks need re-balancing and/or re-design to make them all more viable/desirable to use?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm Indifferent. Meh.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/2018 at 07:58 AM

RNG rolling is so lazy and inferior to any other design you could've mentioned. I don't think the perks should be easy to obtain though.

The most irritating thing about the current perk system is if by some miracle you get a legendary and the epic version is better. I had a 1/250 chance to get worse than I already have. 

All I see here with the legendary perks is a great perk idea with no acceleration to the idea and it all seems pointless.

3 hours ago, Whammigobambam said:

All I see here with the legendary perks is a great perk idea with no acceleration to the idea and it all seems pointless.

Legendary perks are basically pointless in their current design, combined with the current perk system. That is essentially the point. The only acceleration we'll get is if the Devs see enough dissatisfaction with the state of affairs and choose to tackle a redesign challenge at a later date.

Since they seem to be currently occupied keeping the bugs from burning down the house, I wouldn't expect to see much any time soon. It certainly doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our opinions to better the game. The bugs need to be tackled with a swiftness for sure. I am very glad that they are polishing away at the defects. I'm hoping that this poll will kinda help give a snapshot of our forum community's general opinion to @ShiftySamurai and @[IllFonic]Courier for future reference.

• Like 1

That's a really interesting way to do it. I'd definitely be down for it. Only question how do we account for all the time people have already put in? Or does everybody start from scratch?

22 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Honestly, I'd say that you buy the perk with CP. And have to perform actions to "unlock" the potential to upgrade it to the next rarity. Each time you paid the unlock the value for the next rarity it would exponentially increase. The required actions would also increase between each upgrade.

Example:

Buy basic perk for 500 CP > perform minimum qualifying actions to be able to upgrade it> Pay 875 CP (x1.75 of previous cost).  Repeat for each new rarity.

Cost as follows:  500 (Buy-in), 875, 1531, 2680, 4690, and legendary at 8207.

If you had the perk Hypochondriac for instance, you might have to use a med spray 10 times from buy-in to be offered the upgrade cost of 875CP. To get offered the next rarity to buy up the perk you might have to use a med spray 30 more times. Then use a med spray 60 times more after....then 120 times to unlock legendary....I hope this makes sense. Actions would have to be completed (investing time in gameplay related to the perk), and then CP could be spent to buy the next tier. Maybe also add the option to spend extra CP on a perk to offset (buy-down) negatives?

Good thread, I hope dev will read it.

We all agree about this perk system, nobody likes it. It's a waste of time and CP, this game need a real great progression system to keep players in.

If the dev don't change completely this system, I hope they'll change at least 2 things :

- The high level players should get EPIC/LEGEND Perks only, it's a reward for all the time we spend on this game and it's almost like a progression system.

- The bonus with the Legendary perks should be a concrete bonus (like start with bat, map, firecracker, medic, my dad's a cop etc...)

But all that you said on this thread is a better idea, to change all that system is the best to do.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

That's a really interesting way to do it. I'd definitely be down for it. Only question how do we account for all the time people have already put in? Or does everybody start from scratch?

To account for time put in I'd let players keep perks of epic and legendary rarity. Then I'd give them the CP cash value of all the perks removed from their inventory x2 so they can spend them on new perks and upgrades. It's not a perfect solution, but it would be a starting point.

That'd be pretty fair. 

7 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

To account for time put in I'd let players keep perks of epic and legendary rarity. Then I'd give them the CP cash value of all the perks removed from their inventory x2 so they can spend them on new perks and upgrades. It's not a perfect solution, but it would be a starting point.

On 6/7/2018 at 6:25 PM, Sinisterslither said:

- The bonus with the Legendary perks should be a concrete bonus (like start with bat, map, firecracker, medic, my dad's a cop etc...)

Well, at very least it should be a guaranteed percentage bonus. Not a range.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hal Bailman said:

I'd call half the perks shit, but even shit has usage.

Fertilizer? ?

FlashyFaintBarnowl-max-1mb.gif

Sounds like a plan. We grind up all the crap perks, till them into the game soil, and hopefully we can grow a real perk system out of it.

I only find Medic, Swift Attacker, Thick Skinned, Marathon generally useful at all. For stealth counselors, Lightfoot seems very useful for Tiffany and A.J. Literally 75% of these perks are useless. Why do I need to board up a door somewhat faster? Why do I need to hide in a sleeping bag? Level Headed doesn't even seem to do anything at all in the first place. Even if I jog or sprint with 12% Lightfoot on A.J. and I am out of Jason's sight, my level headed doesn't seem to do much of anything. If Stealth additionally reduced the chances to be sensed, it would make that perk pretty good.

35 minutes ago, Buddy489 said:

Why do I need to hide in a sleeping bag?

For the players who haven't A Ph.D in Murder trophy.

• Haha 1