Crispen_Glover

Salt mines are doing nothing to curb host quits

Yeah, why fear the salt mines for my own misbehavior when the game crashes every third round outside my control entirely, even before you deal with "host dies, match ends at 18:30", and "host is Jason, quits when demasked/cops called/car starts".

• Like 2

I was sent to the salt mines for the first time last night and I've never quit a match early... before or after the update. ?

Hosts left a few times, and the last game I played before being sent to the mines I was the last survivor and out of nowhere I got booted and my screen simply said "you were kicked". 

Sure ragers are being punished, but so are people who never quit or leave. Why would a quitter stop quitting when he's going to be sent to the salt mines either way?

It's clear some things need to be worked out.

1 hour ago, SDA said:

Yeah, why fear the salt mines for my own misbehavior when the game crashes every third round outside my control entirely

Make sure you completely exit the game when you're done playing. Make sure you boot it up fresh each time you play. I was crashing every few matches until I started doing that. Now it's pretty rare that it crashes for me. Still happens, but not anywhere near as often.

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, AldermachXI said:

Agreed.

Tried playing for an hour or so on Xbox today. Didn't finish a single round. Host quit every time.

I give major credit to those who have actually been able to stick it out and get to levels 100+ while playing QP matches. Dedicated servers really can't come soon enough...

I can't believe I managed to get to max level playing QP matches.  Although, I have had to quit lobbies a lot and keep trying until I get to be host.  As soon as I hear a kid scream, whine or just generally being annoying, I'm out.  Last night, this weirdo kid kept talking in the mic saying the same thing over and over and over asking counselors if they like chicken nuggets.  I swear he had a severe case of McDonald's Tourette's.  It's a scary world out there.

5 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

jesus christ i got jason again and literally 2 seconds into the match the host quits

THIS IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS 

Just play offline bots for easy XP. And yeah, it’s annoying but oh well, we just gotta deal with it. 

12 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Another useful tip is to kill the host last.........

not going to keep them from quitting as things are wrapping up

I've had alot of 'connection to host lost' games.  Not sure if I get salt or not, not sure if host just closed the app.  If connection is lost (which happens alot with this game), no salt should be given to anyone in the lobby.  It should be able to tell the difference from leaving on purpose or timing out.  Some days I swear I'm in the salt mines cause I can't find a game and the games I do get in they're all dicks

I was just thinking, on pc, sometimes I'm loaded into a match that is post lobby but still pregame. I sometimes will leave that if I don't like the counselor or Jason that was set and there is no option to change from there. Do we get salt if we leave from there? Its technically not in game as it says waiting for players at top still, but map has already been loaded as you can see it in background.

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I was just thinking, on pc, sometimes I'm loaded into a match that is post lobby but still pregame. I sometimes will leave that if I don't like the counselor or Jason that was set and there is no option to change from there. Do we get salt if we leave from there? Its technically not in game as it says waiting for players at top still, but map has already been loaded as you can see it in background.

I would assume so because that spot won't be filled. At least on Xbox it won't be...

12 hours ago, DiegoElFuego said:

not going to keep them from quitting as things are wrapping up

As Long as they´re not dead , they won´t leave. Hell you can even just make them limp and they will most of the time don´t quit.

39 minutes ago, Truth said:

I would assume so because that spot won't be filled. At least on Xbox it won't be...

On pc it sits there a long long time waiting for someone to fill. Think thats y I get loaded there so much.

On 6/5/2018 at 10:26 PM, Truth said:

Most people don't even know they exist yet.

maybe a community message ingame is needed

14 minutes ago, Homerloco said:

maybe a community message ingame is needed

I'd rather the salty players just end up in the salt mines. They shouldn't have to tell people not to be dicks.