Sign in to follow this  
Redhanded7

XB1 players: Anyone else having a hard time joining through gamertag/profile through the multiplayer tab on game hub?

Posted (edited)

So ever since the last patch, I've been having issues with going through the "join off gamertag/profile" option when trying to join private matches through the looking for players posts on the game hub.  The option of "Join game" is always greyed out even if the looking for players message had just been posted.  The option to join friend's games, if any are online and a slot is open, is not greyed out and works as normal.  At first, I thought it might be a cable modem/router issue (including strict/moderate NAT).  My xbox is saying my NAT is open though and stayed that way through running the network tests.  Also have all the necessary ports forwarded for Xbox Live service on my Comcast modem/router.

Other players have acknowledged on the "looking for players" multiplayer hub that they are suddenly having a similar issue.  I thought making a post to see how many other folks were having this issue may help either realize a solution (if it's affecting certain ISPs) or bring more attention about it to the devs.  My internet is through Comcast with an average 120 - 150 mbs.  Would have to get the modem model number when I get off work today.

As I said earlier, have only had this issue since the last patch.  Up until then, joining advertised private groups through the game hub had worked fine.  I'd be okay just having the bug acknowledged so those of us affected know that the devs are aware, even if a fix (be it on the dev's end or Microsoft's) may take awhile.

Edited by Redhanded7
Additional info added

I'm also on xbox and I have the same issue, whenever I try to join a lobby I see on the game hub the join game is grayed out. There are a few that let me join but for the most part I can't join that way anymore since the patch.

I messaged Shifty about that this morning because I haven't seen any posts about it. He said they're aware but unsure if it's an Xbox problem or f13 problem.

It's been disabled.  Unless you have a friend in a lobby, you can not join through a profile.  My theory is this was done to combat trolls who keep joining the same lobby over and over after a host kicks them.  We now have to select "I'm interested" and the OP has to manually send an invite to the game.

It's been disabled.  Unless you have a friend in a lobby, you can not join through a profile.  My theory is this was done to combat trolls who keep joining the same lobby over and over after a host kicks them.  We now have to select "I'm interested" and the OP has to manually send an invite to the game.

EDIT:

49 minutes ago, Truth said:

I messaged Shifty about that this morning because I haven't seen any posts about it. He said they're aware but unsure if it's an Xbox problem or f13 problem.

Now seeing this.  So this was not intentional, huh?  Interesting...

2 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Damnit... Can't remove the quotes on my phone...

44 minutes ago, Truth said:

6 minutes ago, Truth said:

As I said:

I edited my post as you sent this- I was responding to the OP and did not read the replies until after.

Just now, Ker Juice said:

I edited my post as you sent this- I was responding to the OP and did not read the replies until after.

Yup. I posted as I got the notification lol

Don't worry, I do that all the time. 

13 minutes ago, Truth said:

Yup. I posted as I got the notification lol

Don't worry, I do that all the time. 

No worries...

Idk fellas- is this necessarily a bad thing?  Maybe it should be left this way.  It is annoying and somewhat of an inconvenience, but the trade-off is once you kick a toxic player, they're gone for good unless they have a friend in there.  Right now I will admit the convenience factor out weighs the latter, but when you do get those asshats constantly rejoining- they become more of an annoyance than navigating a menu.  

I'm on the fence, but if I had to vote for which right now,  I say bring back joining through profile.

Yeah. I havent had too many issues, but I have seen plenty of people getting 'No Session' errors. @Zaneygrrl was host and @TxJason couldnt join for a few. Seen it in other groups in private matches too. Its when inviting friends it doesnt work.

17 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Yeah. I havent had too many issues, but I have seen plenty of people getting 'No Session' errors. @Zaneygrrl was host and @TxJason couldnt join for a few. Seen it in other groups in private matches too. Its when inviting friends it doesnt work.

Yeah I kept getting an error stating it couldn't retrieve the game details. 

Never have had an issue with trolls or others coming back once they have been kicked.  Guess the parties I have been with are lucky in that regard. I also seem to be  having an issue with the "I'm interested" process.  When a host confirms my interest request, I see that I have been confirmed but I still don't get an invitation,  the "join game" option is still greyed out on the host's profile, and I do not get a notification that I have been confirmed.  The notification issue may be a setting on my end since I don't like things popping up while I am playing a game or watching a movie.  I would have assumed that once a host confirms you that either an invitation would automatically have been sent or it would allow you to join from their profile.  No such luck.  It is sounding like the host still has to personally invite each person to join game even after confirming an interest request.

For now, I am just glad to know that it is a recognized problem and I'm not going crazy (at least no more than I already am).  When I didn't see it in the list of currently known issues, just kind of threw me for a loop.

Thanks to those who have replied so far.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

That was annoying. Ended up having to kill the lobby. 🙄