Sign in to follow this  

So this idea mostly applies to second story windows but could work on any window that doesn't exit immediately to the ground. If you climb through a second story window, not jump that bypasses the prompt, you hang until you press action to drop or hold action to climb back in. You characters hands remain visible on the ledge, giving the Jason player a chance to walk up and preform a new environmental kill, he pulls you back up throwing you on to the floor and then head stomps you or pulls you up then simply grabs your hair and face smashes you on the window sill letting you body drop after. 

While this isn't a game changer, it will add a level of horror movie cliche that could lead to some really funny interactions. Imagine showing up at Packanack and seeing all the counselors hanging out different windows. Jason can prompt a counselor to fall by hitting them with a throwing knife, while on the ground below them.

Should the strength of the counselors play a factor in doing the pull up? 

How will it show on sense are you still technically in the house/cabin?

Just a couple of things to work out, I hope you all like this idea as I see real potential in it. 

Edit - I've moved a comment from another thread and posted it below, I'd like to talk about how to expand Jason's abilities, since the window topic doesn't seem to interest anyone. 

Posted (edited)

It's been brought up before.

But I just pictured Jason pulling the counselor up by their hair and slamming the window down on their neck (breaking it in the process) then letting the limp body fall to the ground.

Edit: I should really start reading the whole suggestion... Lol

Edited by Truth

@Slasher_Clone I like this idea... that could make for a good hiding place if Jason remains in the house... and if he was outside, just how often do people really look up anyway? The hand hanging onto the edge of the window can be incredibly easy to miss. If Jason sees you and grabs you there... which would need a different grab animation or this would look really weird... there could be a great new environment kill... or he could just pull you back inside for a regular kill. Breaking free would predictably cause a fall.
   If the window was broken, would you take a set amount of damage or a little bit every ten seconds or so?
   Pulling yourself back in should depend on strength... but should also consider the length of time you were hanging there when determining the speed you can pull yourself back in perhaps adjusted by stamina?... or perhaps you can hang there long enough that you do not have the strength to pull yourself back in?

Also, a hanging jump gives you a bit less distance to fall according to your height and length of your arms... so perhaps less damage from the fall? Would this still put you in an injured state if you were not injured? Maybe not.

• Like 1

@Ahab, Thank you. Apparently the credit goes to another and I'm covering old ground. I didn't consider doing it out a broken window, points for that, good mechanic suggestion too. I'd be happy with a stamina bar showing how long you can hold without falling, or a button mash to climb, so there are good workarounds to make it fun but not OP for hiding. 

@Truth, you should your like that hype active kid who has his hand up before the teacher has even asked a question. Your comments are always welcome though, so don't let that discourage you. 

I tried another search for the original suggestion but didn't find it, if anyone knows who wrote it or can link it, that would be appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

you should your like that hype active kid who has his hand up before the teacher has even asked a question. Your comments are always welcome though, so don't let that discourage you. 

You're definitely not wrong lmao

I'm sure it's one of those suggestions that had an unrelated title. I was just pointing out that I remember reading a similar suggestion before.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Jason isn't powerful enough to deal with groups, how can he be improved, without reducing stun time or nerfing the counselors. This is a hard question, been thinking about it since I chatted with @Alkavian yesterday. This is what I've come up with so far.

First, when your in the menu for you Jason, you can interact with the strengths and weaknesses like buttons. This makes me think that in the code there may be a way to change them. If there is I would suggest allowing the player to either upgrade the strengths and weakness of their Jason's either by spending CP for a temporary or permanent buff, or by unlocking them by preforming specific actions or kill combos in game. Here's an example my Jason has + grip strength, if I preform two environmental kills during a match it upgrades so I can take a melee (guns still work) hit without dropping a counselor. Example two, - Shift is used to grab two counselors (regardless if they break free) it upgrades too regular shift. Jason becomes a more unpredictable force, and the counselors may actually need to be buffed just to keep balance. 

Second, As Jason maybe there could be a way to get 'power ups' during a match. This idea isn't as well developed as the first, I've only had twelve hours or so and most of that I was asleep so bare with me. Locations around the map can be made to appear different when Jason uses sense, counselors don't see it, these areas let him do things like reduce the recharge on Shift or Morph. The shack for example could give Jason a free Morph when he sees the shrine. A few spots in the woods, twenty foot circles give him a free Shift or instant recharge, they can randomly spawn across the map making it less predictable. The Stalk points from single player challenges can be added and give Jason away to avoid being spotted/marked or appearing on the mini map. Other points could buff specific strengths and weaknesses, if Jason stays in them for a short time or activates them with a prompt. 

Edit - I think it should appear as glowing mist or fog covering the ground in the area of effect. This lets Jason know where to be to get the most benefit.

Third, give Jason the ability to activate Traps that are added to the maps. Go in the barn after Jason has been there and you may end up hanging from the rafters. Walk onto the dock for the front support columns to give way dumping you in the water. Hide in an outhouse only for it to tip over on the door trapping you (thanks puzzle Jason). Let Jason tie a chain to the axel of the car. Oh and for good measure add kills using both the battery and gas. Let's encourage those trolls to drop them when they see Jason, add a level of extra risk to being caught with one.

The other way this could work is by giving him upgrades to his existing traps, you collect broken glass from garbage cans or scraps of metal from the boathouse/garage. This idea needs work. But you can see there are ways to improve Jason without subtracting anything from the game.

I moved this here from another thread as I would like to explore the ideas in it further, I've edited the title and OP to reflect this. Hopefully others are interested in exploring how we can expand the game in depth and scope. I think adding a layer of unpredictability to Jason would be a good start.

I think it'd be a nice addition. Like you said not a game changer but a good change. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 7:22 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

As Jason maybe there could be a way to get 'power ups' during a match.

My mind goes to the 2009 remake here.

And before anyone says we aren't getting the 2009 Jason I'll just say we've got Jason setting bear traps (2009) and Chad (Trent 2009) so borrowing from that installment wouldn't be a new thing. 

Anyways in that movie, in the beginning, the campers find Jason's "shack" and as they're exploring it we see the locket, I think an archery trophy, a doll, and other small objects throughout the room.

Unlockable perks could be accessed by way of trinkets, or memorabilia that Jason collects.

He wouldn't, IMO, be able to find these things during matches but maybe these could be earnable by completing tasks or purchasable with a new form of currency? Maybe they could have very high CP costs (high to make it end game and it seems people have accrued some pretty large numbers).  Items he's gained could be displayed in his shack.

There's so many ways that Jason could utilize perks. Things maybe like -

Traps - Jason's traps cause the counselor to bleed, losing 5% health per second for X seconds. Jason's traps poison the counselor causing 30% loss of control (counselor movement would be like shifting Jason, but worse) for X seconds.

Morph - Jason gains increased accuracy. 

Shift - Jason gains 20% increased movement speed when coming out of shift for X seconds. 

Stalk - Increased Stalk time, Jason cannot be detected while in Stalk.

Any pro to the counselors Jason could negate or at least alter. Like Jason increasing fear causes counselors to repair 20% faster?

There's so much potential. 

Counselors already have a wide variety of stats and perks available, but, those perks need some serious reworking to make them all viable, all usable. It could actually result in real teamwork and role playing being needed. 

As I'm writing this, thinking about trinkets for Jason, I'm wondering if the Virtual Cabin was really a necessary effort or if maybe that effort should have gone in to the game. 

• Like 1

One Jason should not be able kill you thought open window two consulor who do this lame keep going in out same windows so Jason can't get you. Should be cool down timer on going in out windows. 

These are all good suggestions @DasMurich. I didn't consider messing with counselor skills like repair times but those types of changes would certainly be good additions. 

As for the virtual cabin, they had plans for it to be a place you could congregate between matches. While I don't think that's happening, I hope they choose to upgrade it again so we can have a mini museum to keep, new item skin, trophies, and other bonuses or unlockables we collect in game.  

I mainly feel the key thing to have happen with windows is, regardless of them being open or closed, they should shatter if Jason throws someone through it.

• Like 1

I love this idea, totally agree it fits the horror trope. Personnelly I find hiding spots to be very useful especially prerage, most of the time you can hide under Jason’s nose.  I think it should only be able to hang for so long, it’s based on strength, if you dangle for too long you get tired and fall and take the normal damage.