1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

This sounds reasonable to me, assuming Jason player is average to good. Current state I believe is good, as long as they bring back body blocking...

You want the devs to bring back an exploit??

18 hours ago, Ker Juice said:

You want the devs to bring back an exploit??

An exploit? Well , Shooting a shield will not hit the guy who is Holding that.

Edit : Whoever gives me constantly a confused reaction :

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

An exploit? Well , Shooting a shield will not hit the guy who is Holding that.

Apples and oranges.  A shield is designed to avoid damage.  Body blocking was just an exploit to circumvent damage from traps. It was not an intentional game design, and that's why it was removed.  It even looks weird- someone is doing a repair in open air and the objective magically gets fixed?      

Just now, Ker Juice said:

Apples and oranges.  A shield is designed to avoid damage.  Body blocking was just an exploit to circumvent damage from traps. It was not an intentional game design. It even looks weird- someone is doing a repair in open air and the objective magically gets fixed?  -_-     

Ohhhhhhhhh. You misunderstood us. I think your mind was set to DbD.

When you grab a counselor , you could turn and let the other counselor (who was trying to save the grabbed counselor) hit the counselor and now they can just hit through the counselor and stun Jason , which is stupid.

14 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Apples and oranges.  A shield is designed to avoid damage.  Body blocking was just an exploit to circumvent damage from traps. It was not an intentional game design, and that's why it was removed.  It even looks weird- someone is doing a repair in open air and the objective magically gets fixed?      

Yeah, maybe I used the wrong terminology. Was not referring to any exploits. Just the ability to let the counselor take a pipe to the head instead of Jason then be able to execute the kill. After this latest patch, you hit a counselor and Jason gets stunned.

I can't find where I read it but Xbox and PC sold around the same amount, 400k+ copies each.

When I play this game with friends that are not tolerant of crap, they never cite the bugs as why they don't think the game is that great. They simply don't find the gameplay interesting enough to wanna play more than a few rounds here and there.

I don't think a lot of players are ever coming back. But maybe if the devs get real organized and iron out at least the most obvious bugs, then maybe they can bring back a few hundred diehard players each platform.

Considering the game must have made at least $100M top-line, I can't really accept the "small team" excuse anymore.

The player-base has dropped for many reasons.  Some of them pertain to all games as people have a lot of game options and limited attention spans.

Other reasons really are the fault of the devs though.  The fact that on consoles hosts can end games and still do on a regular basis is very off-putting.  It's inexcusable after all this time they haven't pushed dedicated servers out.  Stabilizing the game and ensuring one person can't dictate wasting the time of 7 others should have been #1.

The bugs have been embarrassing.  People will put "funny glitches" on YouTube that while making people laugh, make viewers think the game is still trash.  The fact that after this update I've been frozen under a bed or in mid-air several times and couldn't move the rest of the game is also inexcusable.

Game balance can impact who plays; if Jason is too under-powered the game feels too easy and un-interesting though may attract trolls temporarily.  If he's too powerful people may leave as they feel it's hopeless to play in QP.

New Counselors do not offer much replay value because all counselors play RELATIVLY similar.  It's not like other games where new characters come with unique skill sets.  Someone running a little faster or fixing a little faster doesn't really change gameplay all that much.  Some of the characters don't even do their trope well - you can't really tell that Victoria is supposed to be the "mean girl" or whatever since she has the same lines.  That's if you even get a unique voice at all as oftentimes the counselors just end up using whatever voice they want.  Add in that new counselors don't get any DLC outfits or variations they often only add a momentary diversion.  (That said I still want Nick & Megan).

New Jasons are similar as they all also play relatively the same, aside from getting some new kills to watch.

The core gameplay on the maps - same critique.  The maps look different but you are still doing the same activities.  I hate to say it but Part V may have been a good opportunity to have a different Jason kill than the sweater set-up, such as calling Reggie to run him over on the tractor or something.  @Armani? I can't even believe I'm suggesting this but would be vastly superior.  A new Hero character like Tina or setting up a kill on the Boat for Tommy would also help for variation.

Single player challenges are fun but may not offer much replay value.  I do think they add value to the game though.

In all the game can sometimes be best used as a game to hop in and out of rather than something your average gamer is going to dedicate their time to full-time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Ohhhhhhhhh. You misunderstood us. I think your mind was set to DbD.

When you grab a counselor , you could turn and let the other counselor (who was trying to save the grabbed counselor) hit the counselor and now they can just hit through the counselor and stun Jason , which is stupid.

29 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah, maybe I used the wrong terminology. Was not referring to any exploits. Just the ability to let the counselor take a pipe to the head instead of Jason then be able to execute the kill. After this latest patch, you hit a counselor and Jason gets stunned.

Ohhhh ok, yea that should not have been removed.

Edit:  Last I remember it was removed from QP only, right?  I think Private still has it...

4 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

Ohhhh ok, yea that should not have been removed.

Edit:  Last I remember it was removed from QP only, right?  I think Private still has it...

That was friendly fire.

fix bugs and start to punish cheaters.

PC Playerbase also drops down faster because you simply have more games, heck steam has more price reduce games at any given time than PS has overall. Ofc it´s harder to keep the playerbase up on PC with such a messed up game.

1 hour ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I’m not too worried about the player count. Consoles seem to be doing pretty well.

Where does this "consoles doing well" shit always come from?

Yeah the game has sold well on consoles, but it so on PC as well. On steam you can see the current number of players actually in game, on consoles you cant do that. You asume there are many players active because lobbies fill up quick and people search via the communities, but thats not different on PC.

When it comes to numbers on consoles I know that I added 53 people to my friendslist because I played Friday th 13th with, still active in this game are 2 of them.

I think true expansion packs could help. Maybe 3-4 new maps, instead of one at a time that 99% of everyone jump on and play to death. Maybe it even includes a map that players can tweak in private lobbies. They can choose how many of each asset, weapon, etc appear. Make it to where we have the ability in that lobby to turn the mini map on and off or what is shown on the mini map. We can choose which objectives will be featured. Giving us several new maps at once, along with new badges, new environmental kills, and the ability to tweak one custom map for our own personal lobbies could go a long way in bringing people back around. 

22 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Where does this "consoles doing well" shit always come from?

Yeah the game has sold well on consoles, but it so on PC as well. On steam you can see the current number of players actually in game, on consoles you cant do that. You asume there are many players active because lobbies fill up quick and people search via the communities, but thats not different on PC.

When it comes to numbers on consoles I know that I added 53 people to my friendslist because I played Friday th 13th with, still active in this game are 2 of them.

Well on the eu ps store, friday 13th is on the first page of top selling psn store games, 7 down from God Of War. It was also in the top 20 for April.

That's pretty good going for a game like this and with how long it's been out. Its shifting copies on ps4. if you still think  it doesn't prove there's a better player base on ps4 compared to PC, there's this thing you're in, it's called denial. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

on PC

Enough said. Don't use steam numbers to gauge how well the game is doing.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Enough said. Don't use steam numbers to gauge how well the game is doing.

Well to be fair, I'm sure it still matters to those who bought this on PC.

4 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Well to be fair, I'm sure it still matters to those who bought this on PC.

Of course it does. But a low player count on steam (known for having hackers and a lot of trolls) is not how you gauge the game's overall status. It may be dying on steam (due to the reasons I mentioned), but I rarely have trouble filling lobbies on Xbox. When I do, it's because the lobby is bugged. Not because of player count.

• Like 1

Just now, Truth said:

Of course it does. But a low player count on steam (known for having hackers and a lot of trolls) is not how you gauge the game's overall status. It may be dying on steam (due to the reasons I mentioned), but I rarely have trouble filling lobbies on Xbox. When I do, it's because the lobby is bugged. Not because of player count.

I have no problem filling lobbies on PC either

2 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I have no problem filling lobbies on PC either

No problems on PS4.  Why are we all here? lol

3 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

I don't know... Sounds like people are making problems out of nothing lol

7 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Because a thread talking about numbers like this existed a while back that rustled everyone's jimmys. Everyone here is probably trying to get a handle on things before they blow up again.

But yeah, I also don't really have problems getting into lobbies on PS4. I dunno what the console numbers are, but considering FF13th was the third highest selling downloadable game on the PS4 in the US alone, I have to figure the numbers are still rather stable if the devs are continuing to pump time as well as effort into keeping it alive.

First thing Bugs need to be fixed. Hopefully with the engine update we see regular patches.

And now my personal opinion on the matter.

They need to make Jason scary. This isn’t a matter of buffing Jason or nerfing counsellors. No you can still have over powered counsellors with bats, and pocket knives, but a greater emphasis needs to be placed on playing stealthy and only engaging in combat as a last effort. This also doesn’t mean playing Jason will be easy, it just means more people will run away from you as opposed to the constant gang attacks.

They need to adjust some core mechanics such as how and when Stalk works, and Jason appearing on the mini map. A lot of people play these type of games to be scared. And yes eventually people will adjust and get desensitized, but given the unpredictable nature of muiltiplayer that should take a while.

imagine playing Outlast and always haveing a mini map that shows you exactly where Chris was? That would not be scary.

illfonic and Gun need to focus on the horror aspects. Fear of the unknown is always the scariest part of life, and Always knowing where the killer is and having your hand held while you troll Jason is not scary.

I strongly believe if they focus on the horror aspects more, and deliver a scary yet fun experience they will bring back bored players, and attract new ones that stay.

6 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

People love the game and want it to be the top played?.. idk.. lol Im fine as long as I'm filling lobbies. when that goes dry maybe ill bitch a little.

11 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Well on the eu ps store, friday 13th is on the first page of top selling psn store games, 7 down from God Of War. It was also in the top 20 for April.

That's pretty good going for a game like this and with how long it's been out. Its shifting copies on ps4. if you still think  it doesn't prove there's a better player base on ps4 compared to PC, there's this thing you're in, it's called denial. 

Selling something doesnt prove anything, especially if games are on sale its no wonder they show up there. If you look at the best selling games of 2017 on PS4  you will see that it not even shows up in the top 20, while GTA V (which really is an awesome game,but seriously who doesnt alredy own it?) still does..When itcomes towhat shows up there inthe in the spot you mentioned you even seegames like gang beasts.

I am not in denial, I just want exact numbers of the actual playercount,if you cant deliver that you cantsay it does well,because there is no proof for that.

3 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Its shifting copies on ps4. if you still think  it doesn't prove there's a better player base on ps4 compared to PC, there's this thing you're in, it's called denial. 

In this world of speculation, his point sounds most realistic.

There might be more people on PS4 but it doesn't mean it's a healthy number. Right now it's also "shifting" new copies on PC too, but it doesn't mean anything when they're not staying.

How many time do people have to state: you CANNOT use the PC experience of this game to predict how the game is performing overall. This is why a college education is important as many of you would benefit from taking statistics and research classes. The PC version of the game does not predict the state of the game overall, bam

• Like 1