1 hour ago, DasMurich said:

There's over 20 maps and roughly 30 characters. And I'm sure there'll be more coming. 

The maps aren't huge, no. But were they any larger considering the game play it would be a nightmare. 

The killers barely kill, true, but they're OP and the game has done a good job of balancing around that. 2 strikes and a survivor is down and that's it, they're going to a hook.

The game is already a nightmare...   Actually worse.. Its boring.  Its more like a sleeping pill

Boasting about its numbers is pointless.

Hooks and Generators get boring real quick..      Killers that don't kill is the ultimate turn off.

Its not a popularity contest.  And people are mostly lemmings..

2 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

I don't have enough experience to judge. But I've never seen a DbD killer stunlocked by a gang of players, or trolled for 20 minutes by a Vanessa-like runner. 

As for the kills, if you're referring to Jason's cinematic kills, I've already stated elsewhere that those are extraneous. Cosmetic. And less efficient than simply swinging. And just as boring once you've seen them all dozens of times).

Well then me an you come from different planets.

F13th is a party game.  Cinematic kills are the MONEY SHOT!  So it can't be extraneous

Also, Its not about being efficient.  Its about about creating ART in blood and putting on a murder show.  (Slasher movie 101) 

And you can troll in DBD too..   Its just a different kind of trolling.  

30 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Well then me an you come from different planets.

F13th is a party game.  Cinematic kills are the MONEY SHOT!  So it can't be extraneous

Also, Its not about being efficient.  Its about about creating ART in blood and putting on a murder show.  (Slasher movie 101) 

And you can troll in DBD too..   Its just a different kind of trolling.  

I'm not saying you're wrong about them being money shots. But that makes them extraneous by nature, because they are not core to gameplay. They're the bells and whistles. Icing on the cake. Frills.

And I'd also agree with you about it being (essentially) a "party game" - except there is so much unnecessary grinding built. And that grinding is rewarded not with direct advancement, but with random ass perks. I have almost 600 hours in this game, and I still don't have an epic thick skin. 600 hours. I spent 70,000 CP a few days ago (over 200 rolls), and got 2 low tiered legendaries. To increase swim speed. How insane is that?

"Well, that's the luck of the draw" is a BS answer, because advancement based on luck is just bad design.

Sorry. I didn't mean to go off on a rant. But I guess I've just grown a little disillusioned with the game. Which is why I only play offline anymore. [Which, as an aside, kudos to the upgrades in Offline Bots. I finally had one genuine escape on a Higgins Small a few days ago - AJ stunned me while I was shifting, and escaped before I could recharge.]

Still, going back to the original question of declining player base, there are three main reasons:
1. irritation at bugs/glitches
2. toxic/trolling players
3. terrible game design choices

Devs are working on points 1 and 2.
They're working on the bugs, with fixes coming SOON (tm), but for some people, it's too little too late.
They're working on trolling/toxic gameplay, with mixed success. But multiplayer is always going to have trolling, and mixed success really all we can hope for.
But as for some of the fundamental design flaws, well, they're here to stay. They aren't bugs; they're features. This new, crappy swing animation. Perk roulette. All the grinding for unlocks.

Finally, my comments about DbD were not an endorsement of that game; merely observations/anecdotal analysis of some of the differences. I think they do some things right that F13 got wrong. But I do think F13's gameplay is more robust - different objectives, and a different dynamic based on game play mechanics. In that regard (assuming that bugs are eventually resolved) , I would say I enjoy F13 more. DbD's gameplay, despite the maps and killers, seems so much less robust. Again, though, I haven't played it; just watched a few streamers.

52 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

The game is already a nightmare...   Actually worse.. Its boring.  Its more like a sleeping pill

I'll take Dead by Daylight's gameplay any day over Escape Early and Watch Everyone Else Play For 15 Minutes: The Game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hal Bailman said:

I'll take Dead by Daylight's gameplay any day over Escape Early and Watch Everyone Else Play For 15 Minutes: The Game.

Ain't no one twisting your nipples to escape early.   

Besides..  best part about dying or escaping in F13th is watching the rest of the game play out.  And using good camera angles for chases and kills.

16 hours ago, zmccain said:

Ughh.....thanks. 😪

My sentiments exactly.  -__-  

Total buzzkill.  Feels like launch again.  :rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Hal Bailman said:

I don't understand people like this. If you don't like the game, why play it or post about it? DBD and F13 have their own pros and cons and player issues. I personally prefer F13 because 

A) I have met some great people and had some amazing and close matches

b. I like seeing the killers actually chase and kill their viticims

c. I like 7 v 1 much more than 4 v 1. 

I will say DBD does have a better progression system though. I personally can put up with the bugs. They have actually made me laugh hysterically on several occasions. 

1 hour ago, Manny1985 said:

I don't understand people like this. If you don't like the game, why play it or post about it? DBD and F13 have their own pros and cons and player issues. I personally prefer F13 because 

A) I have met some great people and had some amazing and close matches

b. I like seeing the killers actually chase and kill their viticims

c. I like 7 v 1 much more than 4 v 1. 

I will say DBD does have a better progression system though. I personally can put up with the bugs. They have actually made me laugh hysterically on several occasions. 

A) I had that in Friday too, but that is somthing you have in DbD as well, so where is the point?

b) Chases happen in both games, so again where is the point? And as far as the kills go, yeah they look really cool in Friday, but I have seehn them all god knows how many times. After a while its nothing special anymore. Its pushing a button and move on to the next counselors.

c)Personal prefrences. I dont care if its 4 or 7/8. How the game plays matters.Friday has the better graphics and I love they are my favorite slashermovies. DbD on the other hand is far more thrilling. There are always these moment when the killer is near you, you hide,you can see him coming your way, he is a few inches beside you and then he passes by and moves on.You sit there, thinking "He didnt see me."  Thats what I expect from such games, not the holy baseballbat-pinata-party.

9 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

And as far as the kills go, yeah they look really cool in Friday, but I have seehn them all god knows how many times. After a while its nothing special anymore. Its pushing a button and move on to the next counselors.

You release you can make this same argument for just about every single video game. Every video game requires you to push buttons and all game play is a loop.  What's my point? To express my personal opinion. I like 7 on 1 because it allows me to play with more people, which I find much more enjoyable. DBD is just not my personal cup of tea. Freddy doesn't play like anything seen in any of his movies. Micheal Myers doesn't put his victims on a tree before he kills them. Leatherface is a a cannibal, and no where is this represented in this game (RE7 does a much better job). At least Friday stays true to his source material. DBD has it's own source material and it takes a lot of liberties with iconic horror franchises. I am not a fan.

16 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You release you can make this same argument for just about every single video game. Every video game requires you to push buttons and all game play is a loop.  What's my point? To express my personal opinion. I like 7 on 1 because it allows me to play with more people, which I find much more enjoyable. DBD is just not my personal cup of tea. Freddy doesn't play like anything seen in any of his movies. Micheal Myers doesn't put his victims on a tree before he kills them. Leatherface is a a cannibal, and no where is this represented in this game (RE7 does a much better job). At least Friday stays true to his source material. DBD has it's own source material and it takes a lot of liberties with iconic horror franchises. I am not a fan.

Yes I know that I can make this argument for almost every single game and thats is exactly why I dont get it that some peoplepraise the killanimations as if they were a holy grail. There is a point where it doesnt matter anymore if you kill him your own hands, hook them, or jump atop their head threetimes, theresult is the same, you win and the other guy is dead, end of story.

What you say about Freddy, Michael and Leatherface is true, however what you say about Friday staying true to its source material isnt.Friday has Jason and maps that look likeplaces in the emovies,but I have never seen Jason in any of the movies, beeing the punchingbag of the counselors.Friday completly lacks the frightening hide and seeke xpirience.

23 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You release you can make this same argument for just about every single video game. Every video game requires you to push buttons and all game play is a loop.  

So, then, the decline in players is natural, given the inherent "loop"?

I would agree with that. I never thought F13 would be a "forever" game. 

I would hope that if there is a sequel, the developers would learn from their mistakes and make a better game. But that's not been my experience with games lately. 

5 minutes ago, AngronKharn said:

Yes I know that I can make this argument for almost every single game and thats is exactly why I dont get it that some peoplepraise the killanimations as if they were a holy grail. There is a point where it doesnt matter anymore if you kill him your own hands, hook them, or jump atop their head threetimes, theresult is the same, you win and the other guy is dead, end of story.

What you say about Freddy, Michael and Leatherface is true, however what you say about Friday staying true to its source material isnt.Friday has Jason and maps that look likeplaces in the emovies,but I have never seen Jason in any of the movies, beeing the punchingbag of the counselors.Friday completly lacks the frightening hide and seeke xpirience.

Considering all the damage Jason has taken (AX to the head pt. 3, being hung pt. 3, having his head split open pt. 4, drowned pt. 6 and 7,  being shot at JGTH), Jason has been a punching bag many times. In Jason goes to Hell, he is literally blown up. As his mom says though, he never dies. 

On 6/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, Ker Juice said:

I am actually considering buying that game...

Maybe that’s part of what they need to revitalize the game in the future is get the rights to more killers like  DbyD does and have new game modes like Freddy vs Jason compete in a hospital to kill the counselors or Jason X vs the Monster from Alien on a space ship and still make it possible for the  counselors to survive except it would be epic to survive 2 killers!

Wow *clap clap* so you pick a few moments of the FINAL chase of the movies ( Part 6 doesnt count by the way. Jason didnt drown, he cant,he was already dead, Tommy just put Jason at the place where he willrest. Thats why Tommy red the occult books.)

In part 9 he got blown up,not by counselors, but by a whole special unit and I havent seen them ingame.

1 minute ago, AngronKharn said:

Wow *clap clap* so you pick a few moments of the FINAL chase of the movies ( Part 6 doesnt count by the way. Jason didnt drown, he cant,he was already dead, Tommy just put Jason at the place where he willrest. Thats why Tommy red the occult books.)

In part 9 he got blown up,not by counselors, but by a whole special unit and I havent seen them ingame.

You realize multiplayer is suppose to represent the final chase right? Using your logic, any time part 6 through Savini Jason is hit, it doesn't count because they are already dead? Just because you don't like the moments when Jason takes damage, this doesn't mean these moments don't exists. 

15 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

You realize multiplayer is suppose to represent the final chase right? Using your logic, any time part 6 through Savini Jason is hit, it doesn't count because they are already dead? Just because you don't like the moments when Jason takes damage, this doesn't mean these moments don't exists. 

If it represent the final chase it should be a maximum of four vs one, not eight vs one.

eight is a bit too much for a final chase, thats the number you begin with when the movie starts. And there is a difference between inflicting damage because its your only chance tocatch a breathe and maybe still survive, ot just bash that fools head in antime possible.

When it comes to part 6, youbrought him up,stating he was drowned/beaten up. No he wasnt, he was just layed to rest. Not much damage, just a stone and a chain to make him rest in crystal lake. In art  Tina unknowingly destroyed the chain and freed him again.

Am I the only person who gets more enjoyment from posting shit on these forums rather than playing the actual game?

I support a declining playerbase for F13 (I'm a PC player). I no longer play.

Sadly i spend more time in the forums than in lobbies. I think its because I hold the films with such high regard and the game doesnt quite meet my expectations.

9 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Sadly i spend more time in the forums than in lobbies. I think its because I hold the films with such high regard and the game doesnt quite meet my expectations.

Same here.  Rainbow blood, numerous bugs, counselors tea bagging Jason while using him as a piñata, well, it's just become embarassing.

1 minute ago, zmccain said:

Same here.  Rainbow blood, numerous bugs, counselors tea bagging Jason while using him as a piñata, well, it's just become embarassing.

When I found out there was a Friday the 13th game I knew God was real. When I played it I knew Satan was also real. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I hear you. It's more fun just to talk trash on the forums, honestly.

I'm at level 57 and I mainly do the offline bot grind hoping one day to finally make it to level 113.  After the update everything about online got worse.  The graphics, the bugs, the host quits, the lost connections.  The game has become a chore to play.

But yeah, being the huge fan that I am the first time I played the game I was blown away.  I had wanted to play a game as Jason ever since I was a kid and this was a dream come true.  But I'm actually too embarrassed to recommend this game to anyone at this point.  Their response would likely be "You actually play this shit?!?"

55 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Hide or Die

Another competitor on the way.

This game looks intriguing.

52 minutes ago, Poormetheus said:

Am I the only person who gets more enjoyment from posting shit on these forums rather than playing the actual game?

I support a declining playerbase for F13 (I'm a PC player). I no longer play.

It's doubtful that you are the only one...

The game needs more fun things to work with. Like each Jason having a unique perk that the others don't. An example of that would be like Jason 7 being able to jump through a window once per match like in the movie. Or Jason 9 being able to possess a dead player for a short amount of time once per match.

They also need "Hero" type counselors like Tommy Jarvis who have special perks as well. Like the psychic girl in 7, she can use her Telekenis against Jason, but she cannot run. Or The girl from part 8, she can "talk" to Jason to stun him at times. 

They also need different ways to kill Jason. Like hanging him or sucking him to hell or drowning him in a lake somehow.

I would also love to see reboot Jason, FvJ Jason, and pre-uber Jason X. And maybe new Jason models, like Electrocuted Jason or Butcher Jason, or even Jason set ablaze. Necronomicon Jason.

How about Pamela Vorhees as a killer? Or young Jason.  

Instead of camp grounds, what about alleystreets from a city, or hospitals with nurses, patients and Doctors.

The possibilities are endless.To keep the game alive, they need strategic variety, and various skill levels, and goals to achieve.

• Like 1