7 hours ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

I know, sometimes the grab work perfectly fine and sometimes don't. It's just stressing playing as Jason right now.

I don't think im bad. There were moments that I was right in front of her and I missed.

The main issue is latency. Sometimes you’re lagging more than other times. A player will appear right there on your screen when in reality they are actually no longer in that spot.

With that said I think the grab range should possibly be increased slightly, but the width should be at least doubled. This would compensate for latency issues and also make it more balanced. I would be willing to bet most of the people that are seriously saying Jason’s current grab is okay/perfect are counselor prefered players.

Also, very good evidence you posted @PlayerAgainstTheMachine Next time try not to use a topic saying the grab range is fine, being sarcastic. If you seriously want something done use something like “Grab needs an upgrade - Dev’s please take 60sec and watch this video for proof” It sucks to have good evidence like this and the people that can implement the change not see it.

• Like 1

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine I have noticed the width of the grab was greatly decreased and you have to aim your grab much more carefully. It would look very weird if the cone was wider while locked into this new grab animation. Some players have quickly learned how to evade the grab and punish Jason. If the length of the grab was increased to compensate, that fits with the new grab animation... with the trade off that you can evade it when you figure out how wide it is... and are quick enough to do it.
   I have had some questionable grab misses without any noticeable lag happen too, but it does not seem to happen often and I am not in the habit of recording matches. Its weird that you get this in single player challenges... perhaps there is a bug here that we are all missing as it does not happen all the time for any of us? I have never had this problem in the challenges or against bots.

I have played a few times on the EU servers with friends there (not recently though), and  I may have been lucky, but I never had any noticeable lag problems there oddly enough... and  I am in Canada.
   I have also noticed more lag since the update for some reason, even playing with full lobbies of friends that I often play with who always had good pings (not including the friend I mentioned in the earlier post with poor wi-fi).
   A few slashes never hurts you though... a slower counselor is a much easier counselor to grab.

@pro5pt0 We all play counselors more than we play Jason. I do not want to play Jason in every match, or even several in a row... but I really like playing Jason.... I also really like playing the counselors. The grab looks nice as it is now, if you increase the width it will look pretty screwy when he grabs someone three feet off to his side while locked into the animation.... then there will be twenty threads a day on here about broken grabs.... again (only a slight exaggeration on the number of threads). Latency issues work both ways... some times against you, sometimes in you favor.... if it was always against everyone, that would be a paradox. One person can't grab due to lag, while the other person can't avoid the grab due to lag.

I did like how the grab was before the change... from both sides of play. The new grab I like too, it takes a bit of practice to get used to it again... from the counselor side, I am still trying to figure out how to evade it better. It can be a bit punishing for the slow counselors that I play, but I will get used to it.... It has not noticeably affected my ratio of escapes / deaths. As Jason, I seem to be doing just as well as before the update. I have not yet seen anyone sucked in from even one foot in front of Jason's grabbing hand... and just that is a huge improvement... The range is fine... the width is fine. You just have to aim better and have good timing.

I don't know where is the problem you just missed them all only one was close (Higgins Havens) i have no problem with that new grab. Train yourself more the radius is stopping at your hand.

Edit : Vet advice block+ cancel stance + grab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pro5pt0 said:

The main issue is latency. Sometimes you’re lagging more than other times. A player will appear right there on your screen when in reality they are actually no longer in that spot.

With that said I think the grab range should possibly be increased slightly, but the width should be at least doubled. This would compensate for latency issues and also make it more balanced. I would be willing to bet most of the people that are seriously saying Jason’s current grab is okay/perfect are counselor prefered players.

Also, very good evidence you posted @PlayerAgainstTheMachine Next time try not to use a topic saying the grab range is fine, being sarcastic. If you seriously want something done use something like “Grab needs an upgrade - Dev’s please take 60sec and watch this video for proof” It sucks to have good evidence like this and the people that can implement the change not see it.

Like I explained before, it is not latency. I played the SP challenges and it happens the same issue, I can be in front of the counselor and I don't grab it. I didn't have any issues with the grab with the January patch so is obviously that they screw up the grab length.

I already edited the title, im aware that devs know the grab is crap right now (making it a locked animation is completely stupid). Don't know where but I saw @wes said something about making it less "punishing" for Jason players.

17 minutes ago, xllxENIGMAxllx said:

I don't know where is the problem you just missed them all only one was close (Higgins Havens) i have no problem with that new grab. Train yourself more the radius is stopping at your hand.

Edit : Vet advice block+ cancel stance + grab.

Do you even saw the video and the screenshots I took?

10 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Like I explained before, it is not latency. I played the SP challenges and it happens the same issue, I can be in front of the counselor and I don't grab it. I didn't have any issues with the grab with the January patch so is obviously that they screw up the grab length.

I already edited the title, im aware that devs know the grab is crap right now (making it a locked animation is completely stupid). Don't know where but I saw @wes said something about making it less "punishing" for Jason players.

Do you even saw the video and the screenshots I took?

Yes i did that's why i'm telling you that me i have no problems i can show gameplay if you wish.

Nope, you were clearly aiming toward the window where she WAS but she already moved 2 feet to the right when you grabbed and was past the blue drawer and out of frame when the grab landed. She may have been “right there” yet you still missed because the new grab was adjusted for this exact reason. I also noticed she had just tripped so you really thought you were going to luck out and land that grab lol

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Pause right at 1:07. She is literally RIGHT THERE and the grab misses. The grab needs a radius increase for sure.

And we need to be able to keep turning while the grab is mid-animation. Getting locked into the forward lunge is very punishing to Jason.

Yeah, but no normal human being turns around 180 degrees to grab something, and I don't want a buff to his grab. I find it okay, actually. I think Jason should be punished for just randomly grabbing. There were so many instances pre-patch where I could grab or was grabbed from a long ass distance. The old grab was broken as hell and annoying. The fact people could just turn was stupid. His new grab is actually pretty good and it looks pretty good. I don't mind not being able to turn as I can turn after I grab.

1 hour ago, Buddy489 said:

Yeah, but no normal human being turns around 180 degrees to grab something, and I don't want a buff to his grab. I find it okay, actually. I think Jason should be punished for just randomly grabbing. There were so many instances pre-patch where I could grab or was grabbed from a long ass distance. The old grab was broken as hell and annoying. The fact people could just turn was stupid. His new grab is actually pretty good and it looks pretty good. I don't mind not being able to turn as I can turn after I grab.

Maybe he needs "aim-assist" like his grab will automatically steer slightly towards counselors after it fires.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Maybe he needs "aim-assist" like his grab will automatically steer slightly towards counselors after it fires.

if its a light one for just a few degrees to the side then yeah that sounds good. as it is right now you can easily avoid his grab by simply zig zagging and not running a straight line, because the grab is entirely dependant on that. if you go to the side just a little bit even if its in the middle of his animation the grab wont work anymore. i been juking jasons and their grabs wayyyyy more since this update. its not even a challenge anymore. i cant recall the last game i had where jason actually bothered grabbing anymore, most just slash now. thats boring as hell :( 

as you pointed out, situations like 1:07 just shouldnt happen as it is. jasons grab is the best its ever been right now but it still needs some tweaks before its really good. and most importantly those 1:07 moments where the grab "timing" is just off by a few nanoseconds not giving you the grab because you werent 150% precise are really ruining what the devs made right now. just a little aim assist would make it the best grab there is, enough to encourage people not to stand infront of jason while hes stunned / not close enough to regain stamina, not enough to make him op again.

53 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

if its a light one for just a few degrees to the side then yeah that sounds good. as it is right now you can easily avoid his grab by simply zig zagging and not running a straight line, because the grab is entirely dependant on that. if you go to the side just a little bit even if its in the middle of his animation the grab wont work anymore. i been juking jasons and their grabs wayyyyy more since this update. its not even a challenge anymore. i cant recall the last game i had where jason actually bothered grabbing anymore, most just slash now. thats boring as hell :( 

as you pointed out, situations like 1:07 just shouldnt happen as it is. jasons grab is the best its ever been right now but it still needs some tweaks before its really good. and most importantly those 1:07 moments where the grab "timing" is just off by a few nanoseconds not giving you the grab because you werent 150% precise are really ruining what the devs made right now. just a little aim assist would make it the best grab there is, enough to encourage people not to stand infront of jason while hes stunned / not close enough to regain stamina, not enough to make him op again.

I'm thinking allow the player to steer the grab(after it fires) within a, say, 30 degree range(15 degrees left and right) and the aim assist will steer another 10-15 degrees stacked on top of that for course-correction. Instead of the counselor "popping" into Jason's hand, Jason will get "magnetized" towards the counselor.

Speaking of aim-assist, Jason's throwing knives could use some of that too.

• Thanks 1

sounds like that would be the best way to make the grab work well for everyone. devs need to do this, then im sure complaints will drop altogther

The complaints will never stop....everyone who likes playing as jason wants him to be able to grab from a mile away,never get stunned, and start with 25 traps....im sure if a counselor swung and it should be a hit and it missed he would post the swing radius needs reworked

• Like 1

hahahhahahhahahah well yeah not altogether but a lot of complaining will drop with this cause then thered be a perfect balance in it.

4 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I'm thinking allow the player to steer the grab(after it fires) within a, say, 30 degree range(15 degrees left and right) and the aim assist will steer another 10-15 degrees stacked on top of that for course-correction. Instead of the counselor "popping" into Jason's hand, Jason will get "magnetized" towards the counselor.

Speaking of aim-assist, Jason's throwing knives could use some of that too.

I think this is a absolutely perfect solution, both to the grab and knife-throwing issues.

12 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

The grab is horrible, I don’t know why they keep changing the mechanics of this game, no other game does this , this grab only works when there is some distance and a perfect staring line, if you are close  , you miss, if you miss it’s pretty much an instant stun if you get hit because you are helpless

Hear hear. I hate the new grab. 

In the video I can only see that you are really bad at timing, grab is okay as it is right now.

Practice more.

6 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

The complaints will never stop....everyone who likes playing as jason wants him to be able to grab from a mile away

^ Former banned forum poster comes back to complain about players wanting to IMPROVE the game.  By over exaggerating a complaint people have about a NEW change to Jason core game play mechanics.

Even Stevie Wonder can see the new grabs radius is too small.  Wiffing grabs are 1/2 foot away has nothing to do with grabbing someone a mile away.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

^ Former banned forum poster comes back to complain about players wanting to IMPROVE the game.  By over exaggerating a complaint people have about a NEW change to Jason core game play mechanics.

Even Stevie Wonder can see the new grabs radius is too small.  Wiffing grabs are 1/2 foot away has nothing to do with grabbing someone a mile away.

Actually im not a former poster....and just because its your opinion that the grab is to small im allowed to disagree....i think the swing radius for the counsellors is to small and should be expanded i miss way more hits then grabs

3 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

Actually im not a former poster....and just because its your opinion that the grab is to small im allowed to disagree..

oooh please.  You chimed in with "People complaining' as if you have been dealing with this for a while (And you only have 3 posts)

Either way..  You can disagree all you want.  Theres tons of proof how how small the radius is for grab.  Hell, you can play against bots and see it for yourself.  So you're disagreeing doesn't matter.

Also changing the subject about melee swings for counselors means you lose the argument.

The evolution of the grab is rather interesting (sidenote: this post is only about the grab, will not adress pk- / melee -/ combat -/ or other bug related issues)

First it was, lets say inconsistant, including the so called vadergrab. Though the game was new, exciting, fun  (scary even?) and it had friggin Jason Voehees! ...so I didn't  really care..

Then they nerfed the hell out of it sparking a war between counselor - and Jason mains. At this point even little old me got pissed. Why are you making my favourite slasher a bitch?! You bastards...

Finally! Third time was a charm! Jason grab was ok, and counselor mains still had a good chance of survival. So finally the truce was made and most people on both sides were pretty content. We have balance! Jason grab got a slight buff and he was a little bit more of threat. Nice. Now leave it alone!

Did they stop here? Hell No! So what came next?

Well, the grab animation got changed.. I was both facinated and terrified, but the first look looked nice. I got optimistic... When the product rolled out, no surprise, I was a bit dissapointed. Though I have to say that I love the idea, animation and impact. But while doing so, they ever so slightly shifted the delicate balance back over to the counselors. Animation and recovery is a bit slow and the grab range is a bit too narrow.

What a shame. This is beyond a doubt evident, especially when playing with good players. Wonder whats coming next..

And before your gitgud comments, this is my objective view on this subject and I don't consider this as a gamebreaker. Only dissapointing and annoying.

• Like 1

Ive actually had the game since launch but i have a life so i dont post and play it 24/7 and proof lol its a game im sure there tons of proof of counsellors missing swings to there hot shot

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

^ Former banned forum poster comes back to complain about players wanting to IMPROVE the game. 

What evidence do you have besides the person might type similar? 

You should change your avatar to include a tinfoil hat.

• Like 1

Just now, Urmomsnewman said:

Ive actually had the game since launch but i have a life so i dont post and play it 24/7 and proof lol its a game im sure there tons of proof of counsellors missing swings to the hot shot

This isn't a TOPIC about Counselor Melee swings..   and i really don't care about how much you play.

The topic is about Jason grab.  Jason grab radius is stupidly small, whiffing grabs from 1/2 feet away and watching Jason arm go through counselors is an issue.