Pause right at 1:07. She is literally RIGHT THERE and the grab misses. The grab needs a radius increase for sure.

And we need to be able to keep turning while the grab is mid-animation. Getting locked into the forward lunge is very punishing to Jason.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Pause right at 1:07. She is literally RIGHT THERE and the grab misses. The grab needs a radius increase for sure.

And we need to be able to keep turning while the grab is mid-animation. Getting locked into the forward lunge is very punishing to Jason.

I know, sometimes the grab work perfectly fine and sometimes don't. It's just stressing playing as Jason right now.

3 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Wow, you're really bad at the new grab

I don't think im bad. There were moments that I was right in front of her and I missed.

13 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I know I'm still pretty bad with it lol

I also hit the trigger accidentally quite often...

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine you definitely should've slashed a few times there. She can't get very far if she's limping.

16 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yes and yes.

• Like 1

I didnt see any missed grabs. I saw a close call in the main house, but you were about half a second too slow. I also saw you missed with the shift grab after too (you only need to get right behind them now, the grab does the rest). 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Shhh

31 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Can you put a "...NOT!" at the end of the thread title or change it to reflect exactly what you're saying? 

All those grabs were simply missed. He didn't phase through Vanessa's body or anything. This video is also a bad example because Jason's ping is over 200ms. 

24 minutes ago, Truth said:

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine you definitely should've slashed a few times there. She can't get very far if she's limping.

I know. I don't know why I didn't try that, I guess was too busy trying to kill her with the grab. But it wasn't that good idea, when I finally killed her she dropped a medspray.

20 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I didnt see any missed grabs. I saw a close call in the main house, but you were about half a second too slow. I also saw you missed with the shift grab after too (you only need to get right behind them now, the grab does the rest). 

See when Jason got rage, almost all those times I was clearly in front of her.

15 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

All those grabs were simply missed. He didn't phase through Vanessa's body or anything. This video is also a bad example because Jason's ping is over 200ms. 

It isn't necessary that grab have to go through the counselor body to say that isn't balanced. The grab since launch was slower than Jason movement, in the video the Vanessa was simply looping me, when she fail the hit she run around me and try to hit me again, if the grab wasn't a locked animation this would be more manageable since you could turn around at the same she does. And also, the ping doesn't affect in anything about grab, it only affect in actions speed like put in combat stance, throw a knife or put a trap, it isn't related with the grab speed.

12 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

And also, the ping doesn't affect in anything about grab, it only affect in actions speed like put in combat stance, throw a knife or put a trap, it isn't related with the grab speed.

Ping affects any time based operations. The grab is the same as a knife. It's one collision box interacting with another in time. 

Also, being looped liked that was going on with the previous grab.  

I don't think the grab is bad for grabbing, it's more precise, but it can and will get adjustments in regards to stun-punishing. 

3 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Ping affects any time based operations. The grab is the same as a knife. It's one collision box interacting with another in time. 

I don't think the grab is bad for grabbing, it's more precise, but it can and will get adjustments in regards to stun-punishing. 

It does, but it doesn't impact that much on grab, I can tell that is actually perfectly synchronized. Unlike when I try to throw a knife or break down a door with combat stance. I never had a problem with looping before this update since counselors were more coward because they knew if they miss a hit Jason would turn around and catch them before they could hit them again. Now the animation is completly locked and if you miss or for some reason the game doesn't detect you are right in front of the counselor you are trying to grab you will remain in the same direction you were grabbing and the counselor will have a lot of time to go behind you and stun you. I literally saw a Tiffany do that for like 8 minutes with one Jason level 150, it was ridiculous. 

Vanessa has 3 composure.

I'd say counselors with composure under 5 have more chances to trip AND fall to the ground.

Counselors with 5 and above can fall to the ground as well but not nearly as much and obviously 10 being very rare.

Fear mechanic should factor in more. Right now it effects hud, stamina and tripping. Add falling to the mix, unless you have 3 counselors constantly around him, nobody is going to take the chance to play these silly out of reach games with him when they can fall to the ground and end up dying because he could kill them without having to grab them from the ground.

The idea should be wanting to keep people away from Jason...not near him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Vanessa has 3 composure.

I'd say counselors with composure under 5 have more chances to trip AND fall to the ground.

Counselors with 5 and above can fall to the ground as well but not nearly as much and obviously 10 being very rare.

Fear mechanic should factor in more. Right now it effects hud, stamina and tripping. Add falling to the mix, unless you have 3 counselors constantly around him, nobody is going to take the chance to play these silly out of reach games with him when they can fall to the ground and end up dying because he could kill them without having to grab them from the ground.

The idea should be wanting to keep people away from Jason...not near him.

Experienced player are not afraid of Jason anymore. Besides there are perks that reduce fear, and yeah, fear affects stamina. But also when you stun Jason you win stamina, so it doesn't makes too much sense. And when you try to hit you can't stumble since is an entire animation, like the actual grab.

25 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

With the old grab you were able to turn with the counselor, effectively expanding the cone. Circling Jason like that was only possible if they didn't know to turn.

This is why I only play as Jason, if I’m the host. No delays, can quick blocks, I have good frame rate (Well for me at least), quick knife throwing etc.

3 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

This is why I only play as Jason, if I’m the host. No delays, can quick blocks, I have good frame rate (Well for me at least), quick knife throwing etc.

It's not about delays. Like I said before, the grab was synchronized with the time I do the grab and the time I press the button. The problem is that the grab is a locked animation and the animation speed is way too low.

1 minute ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It's not about delays. Like I said before, the grab was synchronized with the time I do the grab and the time I press the button. The problem is that the grab is a locked animation and the animation speed is way too low.

I’m not talking about the grab bring delayed, I’m talking about everything being delayed. Combat stance, throwing knifes, shift grabbing, interacting with stuff, you know all that kinda of simple shit. And yeah, I have good ping. 

1 hour ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

It does, but it doesn't impact that much on grab, I can tell that is actually perfectly synchronized.

Ok let me see your telemetry data then.

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine lol yeah that part at the end where you kept grabbing with her literally touching you was wack, that's happened to me several times too. The grab from January patch was fine they need to stop screwing with it. Just a reminder, don't forget to shift+grab.

Problem is other than what I said earlier. Jason is completely outclassed in melee. Which is why grab/shift/grab is his only real bread and butter. Even throwing knives are pretty useless unless your close enough to prevent them juking its hit box.

These scenarios are always the same. Jason trying to keep pace with someone, they know if he goes into combat stance he won't come anywhere close to slashing them or grabbing them unless he leaves combat stance. Which in turn leaves him open to stun and the only hope for the Jason player to get close is if the counselor mistimes their swing and even then. If they have swift attacker, they can swing through his swing, even if he connects, have it not effect them and then stun him anyway and get free stamina because of it.

You have two counselors who time things right, you can effectively always keep stamina with tradeoff stuns, prevent him from grabbing you, especially the new grab, preventing him from slashing you and no matter if the Jason is a weapon strength Jason or a normal Jason, the counselors always have medic/thick skin in their back pocket.

Literally the only thing to fear for counselors right now is the broken med spray, which might not heal you the first 4 times you use it. It would actually be a neatly designed nerf except of course with more than one counselor, he'll be stunned before he can effectively attack the healing counselor anyway, leaving the healing counselor plenty of time to heal.

• Like 1

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine  Looks like a bit of lag problem... you had a yellow ping at the beginning when you looked at the player list. That first quick throw at 12 seconds should have hit... but there was also a second after you threw it before the knife flew and the sound effect played (that is a dead giveaway that you have lag, didn't even need to see the pings). The second knife throw at 18 seconds looked like bad timing with Vanessa stumbling, but also had the same delays as the first throw and might have been a hit without lag... but I have missed ill timed throws like that due to an unforeseen stumble a few times.
  The grab at 1:07 looked like it should have grabbed her to me... as did the grab at 1:31... you still had a yellow ping at the end though. 

Yellow pings are still enough to cause lag issues... and even slight lag issues can cause you problems. There is about a one second delay from when you performed your quick throws until the knives flew and the sound played.... one second is an eternity in the difference between what is on their screen and yours... if you grab or throw a knife, then you are grabbing or throwing your knife at where they were one second ago and they could easily be out of the grab cone or crosshairs by that time. 

Without the lag... those quick throws would have hit and a couple of those grabs would have connected as well. I experience lag sometimes like this, but it usually does not last very long but can still be frustrating. One of my friends has a yellow ping of 200ish most of the time when we play... his wi-fi is crappy and he needs an ethernet cable... and the whole lobby gets issues like this.
   You can see the lag as counselors sometimes as well, but it can be hard to pick out. When you move to open a window and do nothing different than you normally do, but end up jumping through instead of opening it.... barricading a door and the game sits for a second without doing anything and then proceeds to play the door barricading animation... and so on.

17 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@PlayerAgainstTheMachine  Looks like a bit of lag problem... you had a yellow ping at the beginning when you looked at the player list. That first quick throw at 12 seconds should have hit... but there was also a second after you threw it before the knife flew and the sound effect played (that is a dead giveaway that you have lag, didn't even need to see the pings). The second knife throw at 18 seconds looked like bad timing with Vanessa stumbling, but also had the same delays as the first throw and might have been a hit without lag... but I have missed ill timed throws like that due to an unforeseen stumble a few times.
  The grab at 1:07 looked like it should have grabbed her to me... as did the grab at 1:31... you still had a yellow ping at the end though. 

Yellow pings are still enough to cause lag issues... and even slight lag issues can cause you problems. There is about a one second delay from when you performed your quick throws until the knives flew and the sound played.... one second is an eternity in the difference between what is on their screen and yours... if you grab or throw a knife, then you are grabbing or throwing your knife at where they were one second ago and they could easily be out of the grab cone or crosshairs by that time. 

Without the lag... those quick throws would have hit and a couple of those grabs would have connected as well. I experience lag sometimes like this, but it usually does not last very long but can still be frustrating. One of my friends has a yellow ping of 200ish most of the time when we play... his wi-fi is crappy and he needs an ethernet cable... and the whole lobby gets issues like this.
   You can see the lag as counselors sometimes as well, but it can be hard to pick out. When you move to open a window and do nothing different than you normally do, but end up jumping through instead of opening it.... barricading a door and the game sits for a second without doing anything and then proceeds to play the door barricading animation... and so on.

I know. 200ms cause me some problems like throwing knives, trying to put in combat stance and trying to break a door with combat stance, I can tell there are a 1 second delay. But with the grab I never had problems. With the January patch devs adjusted grab perfectly, it wasn't too long, but it wasn't too short. Now you can grab a counselor from miles, and sometimes the counselor can be in front of you and you don't grab him. It just works when it wants. But yeah, with the January patch I had no problems and I always play with that ping (since I don't live in U.S.A which is most of the playerbase is located).

Also, when I tried the SP challenges it was the same as MP, sometimes I was front of one counselor and Jason didn't grab him and then the counselor I was trying to grab saw me, making me lose one skull.

I took a few screenshots of my "missed" grabs: 4XH4RVV.png

9NVEX3g.png

TcQt2G3.png

PD: Watching the video I noticed two things: Sometimes when I was in front of Vanessa and I tried to grab her when she was right next to me Jason moved away instead of trying to grab her, it is weird. And the second thing is that the grab right now is like a straight line, it doesn't have radius to the sides.

The grab is horrible, I don’t know why they keep changing the mechanics of this game, no other game does this , this grab only works when there is some distance and a perfect staring line, if you are close  , you miss, if you miss it’s pretty much an instant stun if you get hit because you are helpless

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's the only questionable one, and it's close.

The grab is probably the most balanced it's been yet. I have no issues with the current one. A little more costly for Jason if he misses. But overall the range seems pretty ok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1