Sign in to follow this  
Prydacor

Questions which implies suggestions?

Okay, so I first want to make a compliment for all the work you've done, @[IllFonic]illwill @[Illfonic]Jered @[IllFonic]Courier @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben

You bring a lot of fun, make new Patches/Updates etc! Thank you for that. (Can't make only blame threads, since you did a great job aswell!)

Then: 

I wanted to make some sugesstions (or I got some questions which implies suggestions?) Confusing, isn't it.

However - 

1. Why does it take so long to fix some important stuff? Every "bigger" mmorpg or game does an "emergency update" when something needs to be fixed immediately. (I know you don't work 24/7, but could be done within next 48hours)
  2. Why don't you test every single point out, which has been suggested before as a bug.
  3. Why is the translation out of google. If you need a correct translation for german (as example) I'm your man. I don't take anything, no money or extra stuff, just helping ya guys out if you want. Honestly I play in English language but it's a nightmare to see those google translations "Du gestorben" which means something like "you dead!" 
  4. Why are there still so many Jason X, me myself and I and I bet some other people, reported them, but however, some are still ingame, do you ban them?
  5. Can't we make based regions (I asked before, nobody responded) I don't care from which country somebody is, but I can't mention enough, that they should speak English if there are some foreigners. Why English? Because it is international. Im not perfect in english aswell, but you know, I think most people can understand me.
  6. Will the next Update implies a feature to avoid "hit by a car" from other counselors?
  7. Can "no teamplaying" result in a punishment? "Salty player" 

Did I forgot something? I bet I did.

However, thank you guys again for hosting the game and bring new content! Great Job. Lookin' forward to hearing from you guys.

Have a nice day ahead.

@Prydacor

1: Updates cost money. Ideally, we would be getting fixes as they come weekly. We're actually supposed to get a patch this week, so hopefully that trend continues.

2: They have a small team. Can't really expect a team of 50 (not sure of the exact number) people to be able to test EVERYTHING in the game and make sure it's all working perfectly. They do the best they can. A lot of bugs won't even be possible to find until thousands of people are testing it at any given moment (after they push the update). Some of the bugs SEEM very obvious to us, but they simply can't replicate it. That's why they need every detail you can give them when reporting a bug. Simple things like going to the homescreen then back into the game could cause the bug and they would never know it because they didn't think to try it. @wes gave a better example:

On 5/29/2018 at 4:19 PM, wes said:

What I was trying to say is that within QA, we can simulate heavy traffic and traffic with high ping rates. But it's a simulation, it's not the same thing as real people playing. Humans do weird stuff. They boot the game, minimize window or go back to dashboard, load ESPN, unplug controllers, replug in different controller, all while game is either loading or already loaded. They close the game, reopen it, over and over. Then once in game, they do unpredictable behaviors. Or perhaps several in a match have high ping, and they all do unexpected things. Behaviors that we never thought to test against. You think you've seen it all, and then you hear about a bug where if you pick up a med spray, drop it, while simultaneously disarming a trap while holding walk backwards, the player is now able to fly or can now walk through doors, etc, etc. 

3: Again, small team. Plus they're based in the US. I'm sure they have plenty of options for translations, but they didn't choose the right one. I'm sure after a lot of these bugs are fixed they will eventually get to fixing translations. Hopefully you can at least understand enough to know what you're doing.

4: They're banning people that are found to be using Uber Jason, but they're doing it in waves. They can't just ban someone because of a screenshot. Anyone can photoshop anything these days, so they can't consider that proof. They know what's going on there and they're working on it.

5: Servers cost money too. Not sure what they're plans are there.

6: Highly doubt it.

7: See 6.

3 hours ago, Truth said:

1: Updates cost money. Ideally, we would be getting fixes as they come weekly. We're actually supposed to get a patch this week, so hopefully that trend continues.

@Truth , thanks for respond.

Of course, weekly would be nice too, but waiting few months is not so awesome.

2: They have a small team. Can't really expect a team of 50 (not sure of the exact number) people to be able to test EVERYTHING in the game and make sure it's all working perfectly. They do the best they can. A lot of bugs won't even be possible to find until thousands of people are testing it at any given moment (after they push the update). Some of the bugs SEEM very obvious to us, but they simply can't replicate it. That's why they need every detail you can give them when reporting a bug. Simple things like going to the homescreen then back into the game could cause the bug and they would never know it because they didn't think to try it.gave a better example:

Of course, bugs happen. TBH I worked in a Development Team of a Massive Multiplayer Online game and I know that sometimes, bug happens even if everything worked perfectly, when you finished your maintenance, but we had Game Masters being online after each maintenance to see, if people respond for something wrong, we were also online and testing things out. Of course I cannot expect a 50 heads team or more, thats some good point you mentioned, however, I just hope or expect a bit more informations of bugs like (we're on it, thanks, lookin for it!), not just 1 time in some months. Maybe I'm just too like "that's a simple thing to fix" -  mentalized..

3: Again, small team. Plus they're based in the US. I'm sure they have plenty of options for translations, but they didn't choose the right one. I'm sure after a lot of these bugs are fixed they will eventually get to fixing translations. Hopefully you can at least understand enough to know what you're doing.

4: They're banning people that are found to be using Uber Jason, but they're doing it in waves. They can't just ban someone because of a screenshot. Anyone can photoshop anything these days, so they can't consider that proof. They know what's going on there and they're working on it.

Agree on that point aswell, Im not exactly sure, how they manage their things, if they're using MSSQL, it should be pointed, based on how programmed that WHICH player used Jason X or how many jason had he used. Since I'm not sure how Unreal Engine works, never used before just to messing around, I let that point outstanded.

5: Servers cost money too. Not sure what they're plans are there.

I remember, that when I left in 2017, it was already mentioned "Dedicated Server" they cost, but not the world. If they're planning using their own servers, or rent some? However, could be done already ?

6: Highly doubt it.

Sadly, since they changed the shotgun thing too, I remember deep? Whenever using a Rifle to shot jason while struggelin a counselor, the counselor died? Do I remember that correctly?

@Prydacor dedicated servers were "almost done" in August last year. But in January they said they had to update the engine (that was the 5/24 update) in order to continue working on the dedicated servers. People are starting to question if we are actually going to get them.

The shotgun used to kill counselors, but they changed that when they removed team killing. Shotguns will still kill counselors in private matches.

As for all the bugs, hopefully this thread will ease your mind a bit:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19552-known-issues-for-524-update/

They got really involved with us here to make this list, and it seems pretty complete. Then we have this as a result:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/19668-upcoming-patch-6118/

This was a big step in the right direction on their part.

• Thanks 1