Sign in to follow this  
ChadFace

Now that we have weapon swapping, can we get the Part 2 spear and the regular pitchfork?

Obviously we need bug fixes and dedicated servers and such first, but it'd be nice to see these two weapons added to the game now that Gun has the means to do it via weapon swapping. 

Both weapons can be seen in the PAX West trailer from 2016: 

Both weapons are also featured in the Virtual Cabin. 

• Like 2

I guess they just used the animations for Savini and that's it. If they launch a common version of the pitchfork it will make Savini even more "non-exclusive".

26 minutes ago, ifuseekandy said:

I guess they just used the animations for Savini and that's it. If they launch a common version of the pitchfork it will make Savini even more "non-exclusive".

No it wouldn't. Anyway, the Savini weapon sucks ass. It's coming straight off him when I get back to playing again.

• Like 1

The pitchfork should be added to the pool of weapons. They could just rename Savini's weapon as a 'trident' to keep it exclusive to him, but have them share the same kills (They could do pretty much the same with the spear and fence pole)

Having a pitchfork available to more players would also make it more justifiable to give it a kill pack DLC down the line. That trident has one of the worst set of kills in the game, but I don't see them selling new kills for a weapon few people even have.

You can still see the spear and pitchfork in the Virtual Cabin, so both are still in the game. Hell if you walk out into the woods you can see Part 3 use that pitchfork to kill you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JasonVsWindows said:

The pitchfork should be added to the pool of weapons. They could just rename Savini's weapon as a 'trident' to keep it exclusive to him, but have them share the same kills (They could do pretty much the same with the spear and fence pole)

Having a pitchfork available to more players would also make it more justifiable to give it a kill pack DLC down the line. That trident has one of the worst set of kills in the game, but I don't see them selling new kills for a weapon few people even have.

You can still see the spear and pitchfork in the Virtual Cabin, so both are still in the game. Hell if you walk out into the woods you can see Part 3 use that pitchfork to kill you.

YES... a pitchfork on Part 2. Now that’s more like it. When wielding that pitchfork, he’s more iconic and formidable in my opinion. 

I have to disagree about trident kills sucking. The one where he spins the counselor around and sticks it through their head and out the face is awesome. And when he does the one to the guy, lifting them up and staring at them close up is almost iconic looking. 

I think a pitchfork kill pack will be coming in the future. They could be new kills for Savini Jason or they could be exclusive kills for a new weapon which would be the farmer's pitchfork. 

In this video, Kane mentions a pitchfork which most likely means a kill pack will be coming at some point in the future.

4 minutes ago, cruehitman said:

I have to disagree about trident kills sucking. The one where he spins the counselor around and sticks it through their head and out the face is awesome. And when he does the one to the guy, lifting them up and staring at them close up is almost iconic looking. 

I like the lift, but I find that head stab disappointing and underwhelming.

That stab to the back of the head was originally meant to impale the eyes (Tom Savini' claimed the finished version would have eye balls on the prongs at a panel)

And unless they changed it in an update the description of that kill still claims its meant to hit the eyes. But the design of the trident causes it to just have one spike come out the forehead, which feels 'meh' to me

34 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

I like the lift, but I find that head stab disappointing and underwhelming.

That stab to the back of the head was originally meant to impale the eyes (Tom Savini' claimed the finished version would have eye balls on the prongs at a panel)

And unless they changed it in an update the description of that kill still claims its meant to hit the eyes. But the design of the trident causes it to just have one spike come out the forehead, which feels 'meh' to me

You’re right! Forgot that... while I still enjoy it because of the “shock” value to counselor, the eyes on the ends would have been ten times sweeter!!!

Then get part 7 the brush hook that he used on Tina's mom and part 8 JJ's Flying V guitar and Jason would be pretty set for weapons for the whole series.  Unless they want to do the spear gun too, which would only be melee unless in a special grab kill.

22 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They could have Savini get exclusive skins for any weapon he holds.

Machete = HK-9545__30385.1485291083.jpg?c=2&imbypa

Spear = 8uuNt1.png?1485307856

Axe = Conjal__s_Fantasy_Battle_Axe_by_FantasyS

More or less. That way Savini still feels exclusive.

I've been one to want to push for this for the backers.

Give him a melted version of any of the weapons. This will prevent the "cheapening" some folks think is happening to Savini.

Basically the same difference between the farm pitchfork and the trident; sharing kills but looking wildly different.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow I was not a backer... so no Savini for me... but that is a great idea for Savini using weapon swapping. I don't see Savini Jasons too much anymore surprisingly enough, but this would be nice to change him up a bit... and the other weapons would just fit better with his look. It also might be enough for backers to not complain about us regular players having a regular pitchfork for weapon swapping, which I wouldn't mind seeing, but I won't complain if we never get it.

It would be nice to have the regular pitchfork for weapon swapping for everyone... it would also help with sales of a DLC for any pitchfork kill pack (which would still be limited to people over level 113 or at least close to it)... I would buy the kill pack even if they were the only kills we non backers got for the pitchfork.... but there is always an option to put the regular pitchfork kills up as a kill pack for sale to non backers... if the backers didn't have issues with that idea.... but again, I won't complain if we (non backers) never get this.

20 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

They could have Savini get exclusive skins for any weapon he holds.

More or less. That way Savini still feels exclusive.

I would be jealous as fuck , man.