Okay, this isn't really related to me, but some guy on Discord asked me if I could help in making a game that is similar to F13, and guess what it's on...

Roblox.  ._.  (I don't play it often, I go on there rarely.)

So I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but will it get flagged/copyrighted it is if he doesn't ask for permission? @wes @ShiftySamurai @GunMedia_Ben

Don't call me cringey or anything, please. Just wondering. Don't hate on me either.

-Potato

12 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

If it doesnt have any of the models and its not for "Paying" and etc then you should be good.

Ok, because in the studio (which is a complete rip-off of Unity) you can't buy models, and it would take a long time to make a Jason model, especially that detailed. It'll be free-access or whatever and we won't be ripping off the game, directly. I'm asking if we can keep the current idea of the game (1v7, counselors, etc) and we can use some stuff from the game, like the names of counselors.

5 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Ok, because in the studio (which is a complete rip-off of Unity) you can't buy models, and it would take a long time to make a Jason model, especially that detailed. It'll be free-access or whatever and we won't be ripping off the game, directly. I'm asking if we can keep the current idea of the game (1v7, counselors, etc) and we can use some stuff from the game, like the names of counselors.

Just keep everything from looking like the game or the movies just the hockey mask SHOULD be legal everything else not so much lol.

6 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

I'm asking if we can keep the current idea of the game (1v7, counselors, etc) and we can use some stuff from the game, like the names of counselors.

The game itself should be fine, but I would avoid using any specifics.

16 hours ago, Truth said:

The game itself should be fine, but I would avoid using any specifics.

Ok, so no similar tropes? Like using AJ's trope, for example, and just renaming her and her trope but just calling her "The Edgy Girl" instead. 

18 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Just keep everything from looking like the game or the movies just the hockey mask SHOULD be legal everything else not so much lol.

Ok, because he was gonna use Vanessa right off the bat and just rename her. Lol

4 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Ok, so no similar tropes? Like using AJ's trope, for example, and just renaming her and her trope but just calling her "The Edgy Girl" instead. 

A trope is a trope. It's a type of person. You can't copyright something like that. Just avoid using their names and try to make them look a little different. Same way they added Victoria. It's really Melissa, but she looks a little different and has a different name, so it's okay to use.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Truth said:

A trope is a trope. It's a type of person. You can't copyright something like that. Just avoid using their names and try to make them look a little different. Same way they added Victoria. It's really Melissa, but she looks a little different and has a different name, so it's okay to use.

Ok, thanks :)