Homerloco

[POLL ADDED] DON'T ALLOW the HOST and JASON to LEAVE the match

Are you AGREE to restrict the access PAUSE MENU for HOST and JASON players?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Are you AGREE to restrict the access PAUSE MENU for HOST and JASON players?

• YES
    • NO

Yesterday I wanted to kill some counselors with the new pickaxe kills. I was playing for almost 2 hours and finally I was chosen to be Jason.

What happened? The host leaved the match even before I could pick the second knife in the shack, an intense 2 seconds game...

I really hope that this disconnection doesn't count as a salty points for me...

Anyway devs, if you really want to end with disconnections DON'T ALLOW  THE HOST TO LEAVE THE GAME. Just make that he can not pause the game and access to the menu, there are many games that doesn't allow you to pause menu online. Make the same with Jason player.

Resume: Not allow to access the pause menu to that players that can end the match by leaving (host and Jason)

EDIT: Added a poll

@ShiftySamurai  @GunMedia_Ben @wes @[IllFonic]Courier 

The amount of time I've had the host quite is unbelievable.  Something needs to be done about it.  It's gotten worse since the update.  People might think I'm exaggerating but I'll spend three hours playing a night and only get 2-3 COMPLETED matches if I'm lucky.  It's that bad.  

3 minutes ago, zmccain said:

The amount of time I've had the host quite is unbelievable.  Something needs to be done about it.  It's gotten worse since the update.  People might think I'm exaggerating but I'll spend three hours playing a night and only get 2-3 COMPLETED matches if I'm lucky.  It's that bad.  

If they quit mid match they get salt and sent to the salt mines so....there is something for it already

I appreciate the Devs trying something with the salt mines.  However, I do not understand why they didn't just take away the option for the host/Jason to quit once the match begins.  Sure, you would have some just closing the application in order to quit, which could still offer salt for the salt mines, but I don't believe this would happen that often.  The thought of having to close the application, restart the application, and then go back into lobbies and find a new game..... I just cannot see too many people doing this over and over just to leave a match that isn't going their way.  It wouldn't stop the problem entirely, but it would help.   If they are working on dedicated servers-- they cannot come fast enough.  The host quitters piss me off more than those who quit as Jason.  However, with the preferences option, why are you Jason quitters not just setting your preferences to counselor if you don't want to be Jason?  It makes no sense. 

4 hours ago, Matt23leo said:

I appreciate the Devs trying something with the salt mines.  However, I do not understand why they didn't just take away the option for the host/Jason to quit once the match begins.  Sure, you would have some just closing the application in order to quit, which could still offer salt for the salt mines, but I don't believe this would happen that often.  The thought of having to close the application, restart the application, and then go back into lobbies and find a new game..... I just cannot see too many people doing this over and over just to leave a match that isn't going their way.  It wouldn't stop the problem entirely, but it would help.   If they are working on dedicated servers-- they cannot come fast enough.  The host quitters piss me off more than those who quit as Jason.  However, with the preferences option, why are you Jason quitters not just setting your preferences to counselor if you don't want to be Jason?  It makes no sense. 

some of them quit because counselors are beating his ass, last night I was expecting jarvis (last survivor) vs Jason and Jason quited after 10 minutes of chase 

4 hours ago, MaxRenn82 said:

It's best when you wait all night to be Jason, get one kill... Oops it was the host.  ?

that's why I try to kill host the last. We need dedicated servers in console now

I know some Jasons quit out of frustration. The other night on Jarvis map me and a couple friends had fixed the boat and Jason showed up. We spent probably 8 minutes looping the houses down there, juking his grabs, and laying him out. We weren't trying to troll him, just survive. He finally got mad enough to leave the match.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Some people are so salty they will just unplug the power cord. There not really a way to end this sadly except for the salt mines, though they do need to work better, and an option to make someone else be the host if the host leaves. Not really sure what they can do about Jasons though except make them low priority even if they have a spawn preference. That way Jasons will be less likely to quit because they'll face not being able to be Jason for a while.

If someone want to rage hard enough, as stated before, they can just dashboard or even turn off their system. All that disabling the pause menu would do would prevent people from adjusting their settings, and depending on the coding, would prevent you from being able to mute people since its a sub-menu

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

Some people are so salty they will just unplug the power cord.

I know, but the ones that are not that salty would stay in the match

1 hour ago, ThePunkPirate said:

If someone want to rage hard enough, as stated before, they can just dashboard or even turn off their system. All that disabling the pause menu would do would prevent people from adjusting their settings, and depending on the coding, would prevent you from being able to mute people since its a sub-menu

I prefer to play an entire match that being able to mute, but it's just like my opinion man xD

Anyways, they can make another way to mute people by the ingame list of players when you press the up direction button. It's very easy to change that, they just have to want to do it

I get what you're saying, but the bad apples will always find a way to spoil things. It's not fair to punish the good hosts for the actions of the bad hosts. You're taking away their ability to pull up their options and holding them hostage until the round is over.

1 hour ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

I get what you're saying, but the bad apples will always find a way to spoil things. It's not fair to punish the good hosts for the actions of the bad hosts. You're taking away their ability to pull up their options and holding them hostage until the round is over.

yes, but if you difficult the job to that apples there will be less apples. By the way, the only good host is the one that never leaves, so is not a punishment for him not to pause the game.

PS: I'm playing right know. The host has been the first to die, he has quited xD

Yeah, I don't agree with your theory at all. All three gaming platforms have a dashboard button that allows them to just close the app without needing an in-game menu. Trolls will troll and quitters will quit, regardless of what walls are put in their way. Simply removing the in-game menu to try and thwart them is only going to punish the innocent by removing their ability to change settings and mute players while in a match, while deterring a minimal amount of what you're fighting against. You'd ironically make it to where lots of people that play fairly won't want to host, due to losing their config menu, which means you'll end up getting trolly quitters as hosts most of the time. 

• Like 1

Disabling the quit option during a match would be nice.

Jason gets the kill and the rage quit player is forced to dashboard.

Then watch the intro videos every time.

Adds salt and puts them in empty lobbies with no one joining. A.k.a. ''The Salt Mines''.

Most players are to lazy to restart the game and get all their friends back in a QP lobby.

After a few times they would give up and play a different game.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, thankfully I’m host nearly everytime now for somereason. I start up F13 quick play, and then I’m host first time searching, it’s kinda concerning though, but I kinda like it. I got to play a full 8 hours of matches as the host without worry about host backing out, but players did, lol. 

Lmao you cant force someone to play. If they want to quit, they can quit. Im not saying quitting isnt bad, just saying you need to be realistic on your demands as what you suggested is never happening....for any game...ever. And if they did, they would just turn the console off or on PC end application. 

Edit 

After reading some of the responses Im laughing more. Do you guys really think dashboarding is that complicated that they would be like “Oh shit I cant pause, well Im in the game I guess” dashboarding is like a 1 second process. Hell I can dashboard quicker than quitting the game. 

The best option would be dedicated servers if we can get them sometime this year.

A horse that has been rode to death and beaten several times over.

I don't care if anyone quits if they are not hosting.

Need 2 achievements left. Play 500 matches and 1,000 matches as Jason.

I prefer to play as Jason to get the achievements completed.

Playing as a counselor drags out the achievements with no more progress.

When I play 10 to 20 matches and get Jason 1 time to have the host quit it pisses me off.

Add up the extra time wasted in spectate mode and you will understand why I choose to skip it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Yeah, I don't agree with your theory at all. All three gaming platforms have a dashboard button that allows them to just close the app without needing an in-game menu. Trolls will troll and quitters will quit, regardless of what walls are put in their way. Simply removing the in-game menu to try and thwart them is only going to punish the innocent by removing their ability to change settings and mute players while in a match, while deterring a minimal amount of what you're fighting against. You'd ironically make it to where lots of people that play fairly won't want to host, due to losing their config menu, which means you'll end up getting trolly quitters as hosts most of the time. 

Only host and jason wouldn't be able to quit, the rest can quit whenever they want. It's only 2/8 players, I think that if you are a person who never quits you would never be affected by the fact that you cannot pause.

7 hours ago, serpentdiaboli said:

PS button + Close application =  :sadchappa:

The only way out is the blessed Dedicated Servers...

That would be the same on Xbox as well. 

23 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

They could just remove the "quit match" function.

4 minutes ago, Homerloco said:

up

Don't bump your threads, it makes you look desperate. If you're going to bump it, add to it.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:09 AM, Homerloco said:

Only host and jason wouldn't be able to quit, the rest can quit whenever they want. It's only 2/8 players, I think that if you are a person who never quits you would never be affected by the fact that you cannot pause.

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:17 PM, Truth said:

They could just remove the "quit match" function.

That still doesn't change the fact that dashboarding can accomplish the exact same results with the same amount of button presses. Developers aren't allowed to block players from being able to access the dashboard while playing either; it's part of the terms of use for developing on both consoles. The change would end up being a futile effort, like sending a kid to bed without dinner but allowing him to keep a mini-fridge of snacks in his room.

You know, it's funny, I was just thinking of this yesterday. My idea was if they removed the "quit game" option completely.

• Thanks 1