You clearly just don't know how to build a REAL campfire...

22 minutes ago, Truth said:

You clearly just don't know how to build a REAL campfire...

Well , did you threw some REAL shit in there?

I don´t know why but my friend (he can be pretty stupid sometimes......more than sometimes to be honest) just wanted to throw a spray can in camp fire. I said  : erm.... man don´t do that..... Then he said : No , no , that is going to be awesome , we have to do that! Me :.....since when did I became suicidal? He : Please , man , trust me! Me again : Ok , but as soon as I see fire , I am going to throw you into that. I have a real good Feeling that nothing will put out a fire than you! I made that joke another 200 times or so. I hope he realized how stupid that was.

7 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , did you threw some REAL shit in there?

Wood. Once my bonfires are going, they can usually keep burning through a storm for a while. Definitely more than 20 minutes.

Spray can would be really stupid, but throw a can of pop (don't waste beer!) On a fire. It'll launch a good 40 feet if you have it at the right angle. 

To be specific, wood that has been dried (the kind you can buy at supermarkets) might still have sap in it. Sap is waterproof, and it still burns in the rain, so it also matters what kind of wood you're burning. Furthermore, if the wood is still green (aka not dried out) then it won't be very effective in starting a fire with to begin with, and if you find kindling you can keep the bonfire going.

Pine wood is a good choice. It doesn't take as long as hardwoods like oak to dry out (we're talking 6-12 months depending on conditions for pine, whereas oak takes 2 years roughly), and it burns quickly. Not to mention pinewood smells very nice while burning, and it also makes for excellent kindling to burn.