In your opinion, what's the difference between a good and a bad player? It's easy to see some players are better than others, but the reality is we all have our good and bad matches as Jason or Counselors. Sometimes one wrong move will be the death of you. I won't include quitting because that's obvious signs of a salty player who can't handle losing.

Sometimes when you're Jason people will escape and you will be killed. It happens. And when you're a counselor you can't survive them all. So these things don't equal a bad player in my book.

For me a bad counselor does the following things.

Hides the entire match. It's boring, and you show that you love to waste your money.

Doesn't do objects or fight Jason. Now surviving the night is part of the game, so if you don't do objectives that doesn't make you a bad player. Some people are capable of evading Jason and staying alive. But if you just run from him the entire time and don't even try to fight back not even once, added to you not doing objectives, then you're a bad player who is basically a chicken running around with its head cut off.

For Jasons, it's the following.

Teaming with players. I don't think I have to explain why this is a bad player.

Not trapping objectives. Your traps are there for a reason. Use them. Same with knives.

Letting players distract you from guarding objectives. We've all been here, and sometimes we just want to murder the hell out of a troll or a shit talker, but when you can never tell when someone is actively leading you away from objects on multiple occasions, you're a bad Jason. Sometimes stopping objectives from being completed means not tunneling someone for the entire match.

What about you guys? What are the signs of a bad player in your book?

Bad player to me is someone that has something like the fuse and no matter how many times you ask if anyone has it they say no and it's only when they die or leave we find out they had it and not picking up stuff and dropping them again to show up on the map, if your being chased by Jason fair enough if not it takes 2 seconds to do it and saves everyone looking for it later in the match. Someone coming back as Tommy that escaped once but won't give their seat up in the car for someone else to escape.

17 minutes ago, TheDevilsEyes92 said:

But if you just run from him the entire time and don't even try to fight back not even once, added to you not doing objectives, then you're a bad player who is basically a chicken running around with its head cut off.

How does running away from a killer the entire game make you a bad player? I'd say that player is a GOOD player because they know how to juke Shift Grabs and conserve their stamina. Just because they don't fight back, doesn't mean that they're a bad player. You do also know that the stun chances in this game have decreased for the counselors, so their best bet is to avoid attacking Jason unless it is critical to do so. 

• Thanks 2

To me a bad player is a troll. One who fights Jason, repeatedly stuns him, even when it's not necessary, tea bags him, and dances. Also I fully agree that Jason teamers and those who refuse to help are bad players, not to mention players who purposely use the car to run over other counselors.

• Like 1

A good player is someone that brings something new to the table. Someone that doesn't rely on the same old tired strategies, and finds new and interesting ways to play the game. A good player is adaptable and is able to adjust their play style on the fly.

A bad player is anyone who "mains" a specific counselor or Jason. Someone who has a single strategy that they believe works and is too feable minded to understand that everything in this game is situational, and that there is a counter for anything someone does.

Making yourself of use really is the difference to me. Either by finding parts and repairing objectives or wasting Jason's time. To Admiral's point also being flexible. You might of had a game plan going in but things change. If you can adapt to those changes that's a big indicator. You don't have to come up with an initiative new strategy, but be adaptable to the situation. 

Bad players item mark no matter what.

There are obviously times that it makes sense to do it. But bad players over rely on it.

Good players has a good grasp on game mechanics, experience and know different situations and how to gain a upperhand, willing to experiment or take chances in order to learn something, help other succeeds, and displays a coincidental amount of skill.  A bad player to me displays act like they know it all when it's obvious that they don't, can't or won't contribute in any way, and are not willing/can't learn.

6 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

To me a bad player is a troll. One who fights Jason, repeatedly stuns him, even when it's not necessary, tea bags him, and dances.

Do you mean the player is "Bad"ly skilled at the game or just being a "Bad" sport?  If the Jason is good, and the player is still able to get away with multiple stuns, regardless of taunting, I'd say he's rather skilled and a "Good" player in that respect.  If you played this game for awhile, escaping is overrated.  Especially if the Jason is good, I'd rather stay in the game, help other escape ether completing objectives on my way, and distract Jason for as long as I can.  Escape or Die, ether way my game is over.  I'd rather die and learn something than survive and take away nothing new.  I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone but myself, so if I die, oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'll taunt or teabag if the Jason is a friend or he's a Asshat and he deserves it.  But admittedly somethings I get in that mood and start doing to anyone regardless.  Hey, I'm not perfect and people should lighten up not take a game too seriously.

Well....to be honest...i'd rather have someone hide and not touch any objectives if he will screw it up / mess it up or waste pocket knives / weapons / med sprays, if hes "bad" at the game he might aswell just sit quiet.

For me, bad players are the ones who think they are the shit, they start talking shit to you, swearing at you, calling you names like for example in a match i did  yesterday, i found keys, ran towards the car who was already repaired by people, get in with 2 other people, and this dude goes "you b.... why are you even in this car if you havent repaired it? Stupid B..." and the nice language goes on and on....so i tirned the car around, drove into jason and let the dude get killed.

That is a bad player. A good player is a good sport, helps where needed and where he can, regardless if its objectives or kiting jason for a bit or even being support in case you get grabbed, heals you when you need it.

To me, being a good counselor is less about game knowledge and mechanical skill and more about helpfulness and willingness to work together. Good counselors inform people of where the phone is and where it is not. They listen to important information. They take part in a Jason kill when it's fairly obvious no one is escaping and the Tommy is obviously competent and asking for a girl to come with him to the shack.

All of this is more important than being good at the combat system, or being a good driver, though obviously that's all very good as well.

For Jason it's a lot more obvious. It's all in their effectiveness.

16 hours ago, Qcici said:

How does running away from a killer the entire game make you a bad player? I'd say that player is a GOOD player because they know how to juke Shift Grabs and conserve their stamina. Just because they don't fight back, doesn't mean that they're a bad player. You do also know that the stun chances in this game have decreased for the counselors, so their best bet is to avoid attacking Jason unless it is critical to do so. 

I should've clarified. I'm talking about the players that are scared to even attempt to stun Jason, which gives them stamina and allows them to put some distance between the two. The ones who just run to run and idiotically go into the woods and uses up all their stamina giving Jason the chance to catch up to them pretty quickly. And the ones who run full speed all the time when Jason is not even around and then when he shows up all of their stamina is gone. To me part of the chase is making wise moves. But just running around and letting Jason get you is not a good player. These are NOT the people who kite Jason, or juke his shift grabs or his knives. They run straight forward and don't even pay attention to where they're going. And the ones who never pick up weapons and just run around the map. Essentially they are there just for the body count. They don't do objectives. The don't have a strategy when it comes to surviving the night. They don't utilize hiding spots. They don't help others when Jason grabs them because they're scared. They wait around until Jason shows up and then they just run. That's the best way I can explain it. The ones who juke him and kite him and zig zag to avoid knives and the ones who conserve their stamina are good players in my book so I agree with you there.

For me, I don’t care if you’re a “good” or “bad” player, as long as you are a FUN player! One that believes in helping out the team and playing the game as intended. If you don’t want to trap objectives... if you want to main the same counselor... if you want to make Jason chase you instead of putting together objectives... in the end i don’t care. Just be respectful, have a mic(!!!) and interact in the lobby and in the game. And be fun! I’ll play all night with you in my lobby if you like to have fun, be a team player, and interact properly!

I like to run in an adult lobby, so yes there are inappropriate jokes and bad language. All part of the fun. Just as long as it’s not at the expense of your fellow lobby mates!

18 hours ago, malloymk said:

Bad players item mark no matter what.

There are obviously times that it makes sense to do it. But bad players over rely on it.

So doing something helpful for the team makes you a bad player? 

20 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

One who fights Jason, repeatedly stuns him, even when it's not necessary, tea bags him, and dances.

20 hours ago, JasonLives86 said:

players who purposely use the car to run over other counselors.

I have purposely run over these types of counselors. 

17 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

I have purposely run over these types of counselors. 

Ok, that I'm ok with ?

1 hour ago, ChadFace said:

So doing something helpful for the team makes you a bad player? 

What's helpful is actually bringing the item to the objective. Obviously there are exceptions (for instance you obviously can't carry the gas and battery at the same time), but dropping an item so you can continue to speed loot is better than nothing, but a good player will actually bring it there and try to tank traps or actually put the item in.

Counselors

Good Player

Bad Player

Troll Player

Closes and locks doors

Leaves doors open to speed loot cabins

Unlocks doors to help Jason

Rarely ever quits a match

Rage quits out of frustration

Quits match just to screw people

Communicate with their team (With or without a mic)

Never communicates with team (This doesn't include lone wolf)

Communicates with Jason

Uses the car and pick up teammates that help out

Insists on driving when they are not good at it

Runs people down or run the car into something to wreck it

Shares items with teammates

Keeps multiple pocketknives and sprays for themselves

Hoards and hides items to screw over fellow counselors

Fixes objectives when possible or drops off parts if they can't

Doesn't help to fix objectives and thinks they are owed an escape

Holds onto parts to keep objectives from being fixed

Jason

Good Player

Bad Player

Smart Player

Uses traps on objectives

Leaves objectives wide open

Sometimes go off script to get the job done

Knows that quitting earns salt

Doesn't get tunnel vision

Tries to kill first counselor they see, even if it takes 10 minutes

Knows when to abandon chase to stop a higher priority target

Knows when to slash and when to grab

Plays how everyone else dictates

Makes kills to make mother happy

13 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Counselors

Good Player

Bad Player

Troll Player

Closes and locks doors

Leaves doors open to speed loot cabins

Unlocks doors to help Jason

Quits match just to screw people

Communicate with their team (With or without a mic)

Never communicates with team (This doesn't include lone wolf)

Communicates with Jason

Uses the car and pick up teammates that help out

Insists on driving when they are not good at it

Runs people down or run the car into something to wreck it

Shares items with teammates

Hoards and hides items to screw over fellow counselors

Fixes objectives when possible or drops off parts if they can't

Doesn't help to fix objectives and thinks they are owed an escape

Holds onto parts to keep objectives from being fixed

Jason

Good Player

Bad Player

Smart Player

Uses traps on objectives

Leaves objectives wide open

Sometimes go off script to get the job done

Knows that quitting earns salt

Doesn't get tunnel vision

Tries to kill first counselor they see, even if it takes 10 minutes

Knows when to abandon chase to stop a higher priority target

Knows when to slash and when to grab

Plays how everyone else dictates

Makes kills to make mother happy

Jason: Don't forget being tunneled if you're Vanessa/Bugszy and the other counselors are white and they're defending you and you're still getting tunneled.

1 minute ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Jason: Don't forget being tunneled if you're Vanessa/Bugszy and the other counselors are white and they're defending you and you're still getting tunneled.

I've never noticed that to be a thing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it is.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, malloymk said:

What's helpful is actually bringing the item to the objective. Obviously there are exceptions (for instance you obviously can't carry the gas and battery at the same time), but dropping an item so you can continue to speed loot is better than nothing, but a good player will actually bring it there and try to tank traps or actually put the item in.

Ah. First post came across like you were against people marking items in general, like that only bad players need them marked. 

1 hour ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

Lol racism against game characters. That's too funny. 

• Like 1

A lot of inciteful responses, a lot of words but it's always going to be in the eyes of the beholder and that is always going to be wrong or right to somebody. 

Just be excellent to each other. There is enough negativity, hatefulness, misguided angst and ridiculously over-fueld competition. Please. 

Be excellent to each other. Have fun. Bust balls but don't crush souls. Someone you are playing with recently buried a parent, a sibling or a good friend. Build each other up. 

Be excellent to each other. 

The only bad players are the one who don't do objectives and have items that may cause death around them(Fuse). Trolls are not bad players there are most of them vet that like to make the Jason player rage and make him lose a lot of time, there is two types of trolls.

1. The one that troll Jason make him lose time and patience or only to amuse themself.
  2. The one that troll other fellow counselors by driving them over , keeping the part on themself ( Battery , Fuse and Gas) or trap some areas to make them cripple.

Myself, i'm in the first option how many counselors i've saved a lot trolls are not always bad, you just don't see the good way. Dancing is for making Jason players angry and wishing to kill you at any prices, meantime others have time to repair objectives and escape.

In another point of view (Jason) it's frustrating and may rage quit or simply rage.

But know one thing EVERYTHING can be counter as Jason (Blocking , killing the power and trapping power and objective).

22 hours ago, Fair Play said:

No way in hell am I sharing those items. Pocket knives are too precious right now lol.