Lexandremon

It's allowed to be Homophobic and Racist in other Languages?

12 minutes ago, VulcanLiar said:

Racist and homophobic words, sure. 

I’m african american, and I don’t think it’s nice being called the N-word. I find it very offensive and upsetting. It’s demeaning. And if you have an ounce of self-respect, you call out people who spout such sick and vile words. 

I'd call just about anyone out for being out of line, in any way - in the real world. Most people don't tolerate that kind of crap anymore.

But on the internet? In video game chat? You're not dealing with people you can reprimand on the internet, beyond muting, kicking, and yes, reporting.

But at the end of the day, in most cases you have to do your best to ignore it. Besides, most of the time it's just some stupid kid dropping N-bombs in the safety mommy's house. It's not like he's leading a rally we should worry about somewhere..

23 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I guess you don't like black comedians then.  Or hip hop.  Or rap.  You must find those things deeply upsetting.  Sad, because Patrice O'Neil (may he rest in peace) is hilarious.

Art is not the same as a word directed toward someone out of context. I have no clue what point you are trying to make here and even if I called you racist, Im sure your best friend is black and couldnt be. Like you had a point about it being just words til you wrote this. This is just bad. 

I don't know where u guys live, but here in my country Injury and Racism are crimes

(Brazilian Penal Code) Art 140. Injuring someone, offending dinigty or honor: Penalty - detention, from 1 to 6 months, or fine.
(Law Nº 7.716/89.) Art 20. Practice, induce or incite discrimation or prejudice of race, color, ethnicity, religion or national orgin. Penalty - imprisonment of 1 to 3 years and fine.

(It seems that the jungle is not rly in Brazil, am i right?).

Btw, most of you guys, are running away from the topic. The user has violated more than 3 rules of the game (DLL Savini / DLL Uber / Using Language harmful, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit and racially).
And he isn't banned due the language barrier (Portuguese-English)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lexandremon said:

I don't know where u guys live, but here in my country Injury and Racism are crimes.

(Brazilian Penal Code) Art 140. Injuring someone, offending dinigty or honor: Penalty - detention, from 1 to 6 months, or fine.
(Law Nº 7.716/89.) Art 20. Practice, induce or incite discrimation or prejudice of race, color, ethnicity, religion or national orgin. Penalty - imprisonment of 1 to 3 years and fine.

Btw, most of you guys, are running away from the topic. The user has violated more than 3 rules of the game (DLL Savini / DLL Uber / Using Language harmful, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit and racially).
And he isn't banned due the language barrier (Portuguese-English)

Then call the police. I bet you sign on to steam daily and check this guys profile to see hes still there. Report it and move on to the next guy that will be an anonymous dick to you online. Im not saying what he did is ok, but your vesting to much energy into someone that doesnt even matter. 

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

People getting this upset over words on the internet.

This is truly 2018...

Its not about getting hurt. These guys broke the rules and aren't getting punished just because they speak a different language... ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

To sum up this thread to people ,Use the mute option or turn off others volume while in game.Turn off messaging as well to avoid bent feeling from Prepubescent Scum and Salty people .Trust Me, ive done this since launch and this Method fits like a (rhinestone) glove .

55 minutes ago, K3ys3r S0z3 said:

Art is not the same as a word directed toward someone out of context. I have no clue what point you are trying to make here and even if I called you racist, Im sure your best friend is black and couldnt be. Like you had a point about it being just words til you wrote this. This is just bad. 

Lol, go on....

Edit to add:  The poster I was responding to was talking about a word.  Go back and re-read what they said.  

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

This is truly 2018...

No, This  is  America

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, IronKnight55 said:

Its not about getting hurt. These guys broke the rules and aren't getting punished just because they speak a different language... ? 

I understand that.

But it doesn't change the fact that those guys were just ignorant trolls.

Do you really think they'd be banned if they were speaking English? Because I've got news for you...

6 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

People getting this upset over words on the internet.

This is truly 2018...

Yes, we call it human emotion. The whole "super cool emotional zombie" shtick is done to death.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/3/2018 at 11:14 PM, NoOneK9503 said:

This is why I always say to stay away from my country. Most people here aren't worth meeting...

depends where you are though as always. last time i visited my family in natal (rio grande do norte) our entire lil block was like a huge close family. i found the inner city people there much more friendlier and family-like and trustable etc etc than the people here in small town germany.

the devs should maybe think about hiring some foreign volunteer moderators (people they can trust ofc) and then having them look through the foreign reports. idk how theyre supposed to handle it honestly. it sucks as it is but nobody wants to be banned because someone screencaps what they say in a foreign language and tells the devs its against the rules and they ban em. if they cant speak the language they shouldnt ban someone based on what someone else says

6 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

Trust Me, ive done this since launch and this Method fits like a (rhinestone) glove .

You know what they say in the United States Of America... ?

1*twFpKr6_vUKpXWE9OWDxhw.gif

if-the-glove-dont-fit-you-must-acquit.jp

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

You know what they say in the United States Of America... ?

[GIFs]

You know what they say in the United States Of America...

"Too many GIF images make mods unhappy", lol.

As for 'is it allowed to be homophobic and racist in other languages', no it is not. But bear in mind that the developers and people who are associated with investigating these users can't see everything that goes on everywhere. Asking them to ban someone based on what could be a Google translation won't work. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

You know what they say in the United States Of America...

"Too many GIF images make mods unhappy", lol.

Don't worry Kodiak. I'll try to keep it under 8 gifs for each post. ;)

10 hours ago, zmccain said:

I guess you don't like black comedians then.  Or hip hop.  Or rap.  You must find those things deeply upsetting.  Sad, because Patrice O'Neil (may he rest in peace) is hilarious.

No black comedian has ever called me the N word. And I’ve never felt personally attacked by the lyrics of a rap song. I don’t know what your point is, honestly. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Kodiak said:

As for 'is it allowed to be homophobic and racist in other languages', no it is not. But bear in mind that the developers and people who are associated with investigating these users can't see everything that goes on everywhere. Asking them to ban someone based on what could be a Google translation won't work. 

I use google translate to translate lots of portuguese words and make sure most of my comments are intelligible and follows the grammar correctly.

I would agree with you if the google translate you speak of was from 10 years ago. But it isn't. The quality of the translation made from not only google, but several other users who volunteer themselves to make google translate the translation service it is now, became vastly superior some years ago (at least in case of English-Portuguese; Portuguese-English).

You are underestimating the power of google translate!

Someone told him, that it was posted about him here in the forum.
And he became change is nickname for things like "What about the Forum? Is it big?" ?
He just dont care.

Asif people are defending someone being openly homophobic and telling the guy defending his friends to stop worrying.

This fan base can be so toxic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Lexandremon said:

Someone told him, that it was posted about him here in the forum.
And he became change is nickname for things like "What about the Forum? Is it big?" ?
He just dont care.

Sadly he has no need to care as the devs/mods are too lazy to stop him.

Reddit Title: Another direct question to shifty (because you don't answer my dMs)

Reddit OP: Sorry to bring this to public again (last time I did you answered me) but you didn't answered any of my DMs here or on Twitter. I have translated the video where the person ADDMITS to have downloaded the Savini DLL (besides he's also teaming on the video). If publicly addmiting to exploit the game is not a bannable offense you can tell me and I'll give up on tryng to make justice for the real backers :) Have a nice day y'all. VIDEO LINK: [REDACTED] USER PROFILE: [REDACTED] Also if you check your twitter Dms I have screenshot proof that he was the one using it (he changed his name multiple times tryng to avoid it)

I was asked to ban someone based off of his translation of a video. That will NEVER be a thing. Ever. I explained why in the post that he shared. I (me, not "we" or "Gun" or "IllFonic") do not speak or understand that language, so I (again, not "we", "Gun", or "IllFonic") will not ban that person. Is this being looked into? Yes. But not by me, because I do not speak that language. I will not hand out a permanent ban based on a user's translation of events. Bringing "evidence" directly to me, as was the title of your Reddit post, and requesting I ban someone on your translation will not be a thing.

Me (again, just me) banning someone for remarks that they make in a language I don't understand would be the same as me banning someone based on a tweet that said: "RandomGuy1 and RandomGuy2 were cheating!"

You also never said anything to me about that user making homophobic remarks. The first you mentioned it was in this forum post where you didn't tag me. We already have automated systems in place for people hacking (and it's doing a pretty good job), so no, I was not very worried about this specific user as the automated system would have caught up with them (and in fact, it already has).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I was asked to ban someone based off of his translation of a video. That will NEVER be a thing. Ever. I explained why in the post that he shared. I (me, not "we" or "Gun" or "IllFonic") do not speak or understand that language, so I (again, not "we", "Gun", or "IllFonic") will not ban that person. Is this being looked into? Yes. But not by me, because I do not speak that language. I will not hand out a permanent ban based on a user's translation of events. Bringing "evidence" directly to me, as was the title of your Reddit post, and requesting I ban someone on your translation will not be a thing.

Me (again, just me) banning someone for remarks that they make in a language I don't understand would be the same as me banning someone based on a tweet that said: "RandomGuy1 and RandomGuy2 were cheating!"

You also never said anything to me about that user making homophobic remarks. The first you mentioned it was in this forum post where you didn't tag me. We already have automated systems in place for people hacking (and it's doing a pretty good job), so no, I was not very worried about this specific user as the automated system would have caught up with them (and in fact, it already has).

I never said that screenshot was your answer to me. I was about to repot this guy, and a friend of mine said it would be a waste of time and sent me that screenshot
( like i said in the in the topic "It turns out that it came to my attetion that i can't report him").

That guy was speaking in Portuguse all the time,  and from what i saw in the screenshot, u said u can't ban someone bc they r speaking a differente language or the translation of who is report would not be enough (for a moment I thought you represented or speak for Ilfonic or Gun). That's why i understood preemptively that Gun or Ilfonic Would not translate the offenses into English.

I'm going to lock this thread, it doesn't seem like a forum issue anymore. Best resolved via other means.