Lexandremon

It's allowed to be Homophobic and Racist in other Languages?

5 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

They put it in their rules for a reason. It's a QOL measure. They shouldn't simply brush it off as being too much work to enforce, outside of the English language.

Absolutely this.

Shifty’s response indicates complete laziness in regards to enforcing their own rules. 

Unfortunately any game over the internet is going to have people with different views and people you will never get along with. This game has a mute function for a reason. Use it if you don’t like what other people are saying.

• Like 1

...Its weird because.   While i don't insult people based on race.    

This..language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable.   Basically describes how I talk..  D

I break all those so called rules..  Like a millions times a day without even trying.

To those that i offend..   This is the only way i can say sorry.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The funny thing is that they have someone to translate (even badly) the game, but they do have someone who understand portuguese. I don't know how this works but it seems very messy and lazy to me. This is why we need a report sistem. 

15 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

Even worse; we are so ignorant that we think it even matters who our president is. 

#Illuminati

4 hours ago, ifuseekandy said:

The funny thing is that they have someone to translate (even badly) the game, but they do have someone who understand portuguese. I don't know how this works but it seems very messy and lazy to me. This is why we need a report sistem. 

Agreed.

6 hours ago, HuDawg said:

I break all those so called rules..  Like a millions times a day without even trying.

Nobody thinks that's cool anymore. That all ended in the 90s.

8 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

Unfortunately any game over the internet is going to have people with different views and people you will never get along with. This game has a mute function for a reason. Use it if you don’t like what other people are saying.

Yes of course but you're missing the point. Having different views and not getting along with someone is one thing, but blatantly attacking someone's sexuality or race is categorically bad for today's modus operandi. 

But that has nothing to do with this thread anyway. It's about how Gun dismisses abuse reports if it's too difficult for them to translate. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WashingtonJones said:

Nobody thinks that's cool anymore. That all ended in the 90s.

Well.. i highly disagree with that. If anything in this generation of political correctness and being offended by everything, loud mouth pricks are worth their weight in gold.  Just look at Trump.

Being cool.. Is going against the rules....  But.. never so much so that you make the rules look like a good thing.

You gotta know how to walk that line.

Either way..  People need to grow a spine.  WhOooOop Deeeee someone said something nasty about you.   Well, desensitize yourself and it won't matter.

At least in the 90's people had to do this to peoples face so confrontations where both physical and verbal..  Nowadays, ya got people running their mouths behind a computer screen..  They could be a 4 feet tall 20lb crack head for all you know.   Who cares what someone you don't know and will never meet thinks and says?  I know i don't.

old skool!!  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

They could be a 4 feet tall 20lb crack head for all you know.

Unless you have crack, don't bring me into this.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

loud mouth pricks are worth their weight in gold. 

Yea but to a bunch of uneducated morons that want nothing to do with advancing themselves. They're the skin tags of society. 

Being cool is recognized as being your own genuine person. 13 year olds (and adults that never advanced out of an adolescent mindset) think that being a dick is cool because they are only capable of understanding the surface of things. They are also very angry because they're stuck in a way of life they can't figure out how to get out of. 

The lowest common denominator is fun to visit but tragic to live in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/03/2018 at 3:24 PM, Lexandremon said:

First of all i want to quote this:
Specific Bannable Offenses and In-Game Guidelines
(vi) Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of GMH, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable;

Ok, base on this quote, i would like to say that none of this applies if u speak a foreign language.
There's this guy on Friday the 13th the game, he is a brazilian, like me, unfortunately i played with him.
First of all, i realized that he was using Uber and Savini Dll, i spoke with him in portuguese (native brazilian language), i warned him that this was banish, and he could be banned at any time.
Investigating his profile on steam, i notice some nick that he used earlier, nick in portuguese like: "Chola pro meu Jason X" that means "Cry against my Jason X"
and other nicknames like: "Esperando ser banido" and "Procura-se Ban" that means "Waiting for my Ban" and "Looking for Ban", there aren't his nick anymore, he has changed.
Another thing i noticed, is that he already had a ban by VAC from a year ago.
Ok, with all this information i came to the conclusion that he actually was using a dll hack, and didn't mind to being banned, his preivous nicks begged to be banned, but of course all in portuguese.
I asked here in the forum what i could do to help devs to ban peopel using Fake Savini/Uber, and what came up is that i just have to wait, bc they are working on it. Thats ok by me.

The story does not end here. The problem is, that i played a match with him, and besides the fact that he was using dll, he commited other bannable offenses just because i asked him to remove the dll from exclusive content, and content that were not released yet.
I was playing with Bugzy, and i was in a group with two homosexual friends.

[Omitted by moderators - We get it, but you don't need to publicly post exactly what he was saying]
Later, my friend are complained that he was being homophobic with them too.

It turns out that it came to my attetion that i can't report him, because he was speak in Portuguese, and even if do the translations is not enough
because according to the staff, i could translation to my own understanding. I

The question at the end of the day is, how do i report a person who keep saying horrible things to ppl in a differente language?
Does this mean that the rule number vi is allowed if i speak Russian, Portuguese, German, or any langauge other than English? How do we foreigners handle with this?
Are we going to be obligated to accept prejudiced ppl in our own native language?

Screenshot_20180527-222506.png

Deal with it.

• Confused 1

On 06/03/2018 at 3:24 PM, Lexandremon said:

First of all i want to quote this:
Specific Bannable Offenses and In-Game Guidelines
(vi) Transmitting or communicating any content which, in the sole and exclusive discretion of GMH, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, or racially, ethically, or otherwise objectionable;

Ok, base on this quote, i would like to say that none of this applies if u speak a foreign language.
There's this guy on Friday the 13th the game, he is a brazilian, like me, unfortunately i played with him.
First of all, i realized that he was using Uber and Savini Dll, i spoke with him in portuguese (native brazilian language), i warned him that this was banish, and he could be banned at any time.
Investigating his profile on steam, i notice some nick that he used earlier, nick in portuguese like: "Chola pro meu Jason X" that means "Cry against my Jason X"
and other nicknames like: "Esperando ser banido" and "Procura-se Ban" that means "Waiting for my Ban" and "Looking for Ban", there aren't his nick anymore, he has changed.
Another thing i noticed, is that he already had a ban by VAC from a year ago.
Ok, with all this information i came to the conclusion that he actually was using a dll hack, and didn't mind to being banned, his preivous nicks begged to be banned, but of course all in portuguese.
I asked here in the forum what i could do to help devs to ban peopel using Fake Savini/Uber, and what came up is that i just have to wait, bc they are working on it. Thats ok by me.

The story does not end here. The problem is, that i played a match with him, and besides the fact that he was using dll, he commited other bannable offenses just because i asked him to remove the dll from exclusive content, and content that were not released yet.
I was playing with Bugzy, and i was in a group with two homosexual friends.

[Omitted by moderators - We get it, but you don't need to publicly post exactly what he was saying]
Later, my friend are complained that he was being homophobic with them too.

It turns out that it came to my attetion that i can't report him, because he was speak in Portuguese, and even if do the translations is not enough
because according to the staff, i could translation to my own understanding. I

The question at the end of the day is, how do i report a person who keep saying horrible things to ppl in a differente language?
Does this mean that the rule number vi is allowed if i speak Russian, Portuguese, German, or any langauge other than English? How do we foreigners handle with this?
Are we going to be obligated to accept prejudiced ppl in our own native language?

Screenshot_20180527-222506.png

Hey pal let me give you some solid advise not everyone likes the stuff you may like? Am I gonna force you to like cheese cake when you don't like it? No so don't force me or anyone else here to be into something they don't agree with or just don't like or care for. People have opinions maybe mom and dad if you had one didn't teach you that.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Blackbird68 said:

Hey pal let me give you some solid advise not everyone likes the stuff you may like? Am I gonna force you to like cheese cake when you don't like it? No so don't force me or anyone else here to be into something they don't agree with or just don't like or care for. People have opinions maybe mom and dad if you had one didn't teach you that.

These aren't opinions. These are straight up insults that are against the rules and against the rules for a reason.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

These aren't opinions. These are straight up insults that are against the rules and against the rules for a reason.

If insults, as you say, are against the rules then A LOT of players will be getting banned.  Hell, one of the hashtags you see often on Xbox groups looking for players is #trashtalkwelcome

It’s kind of sad to read how being rude and mean is ”cool”, and that being a nice person is looked down upon. But I’m old. My definition of cool is Fonzie, so... Haha.

Racism and/or homophobia should never be tolerated. It’s vile and intellectually insulting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zmccain said:

If insults, as you say, are against the rules then A LOT of players will be getting banned.  Hell, one of the hashtags you see often on Xbox groups looking for players is #trashtalkwelcome

Those are jokes, and when jokes are agreed upon by everyone, then that's fine. That's why that hashtag exists. It's playful banter that everyone agrees upon and is okay with. But this stuff isn't playful banter. It's downright rude and disrespectful. It isn't said as a joke and that's where the line is crossed. Even if it was a joke, it can still be hurtful to people who are gay, or black, or whatever. Even if someone willingly joined a lobby with the hashtag you mentioned, they're probably expecting some harsh language or something along those lines, not to be called upon for their skin color or sexuality.

49 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

Those are jokes, and when jokes are agreed upon by everyone, then that's fine. That's why that hashtag exists. It's playful banter that everyone agrees upon and is okay with. But this stuff isn't playful banter. It's downright rude and disrespectful. It isn't said as a joke and that's where the line is crossed. Even if it was a joke, it can still be hurtful to people who are gay, or black, or whatever. Even if someone willingly joined a lobby with the hashtag you mentioned, they're probably expecting some harsh language or something along those lines, not to be called upon for their skin color or sexuality.

Then they should state in the rules that no jokes be allowed.  Because you never know, someone might get their feelings hurt.  So just to be on the safe side, make jokes a bannable offense.  Hell, just make insults/trashtalk/jokes/innuendo/sarcasm all bannable.  I mean, feelings are the most important thing.  Why take the risk of someone's feeling being hurt?

11 minutes ago, zmccain said:

Then they should state in the rules that no jokes be allowed.  Because you never know, someone might get their feelings hurt.  So just to be on the safe side, make jokes a bannable offense.  Hell, just make insults/trashtalk/jokes/innuendo/sarcasm all bannable.  I mean, feelings are the most important thing.  Why take the risk of someone's feeling being hurt?

We're talking about the guy in this thread and from what it seems like, at least from the OP, he wasn't joking.

25 minutes ago, TiffanyxAJ said:

We're talking about the guy in this thread and from wha it seems like, at least from the OP, he wasn't joking.

Oh ok.  Because for a minute it sounded like you were talking about people in general not one specific person. 

Report them to steam and move on. It seems like your spending way to much time on what others are doing, just report it and move on. This is the second post about the guy from you and I feel Ive seen you post somewhere else about this as well. Like you spent time boardline stalking the dude for what? Nothing and even it it ends up being a ban, sounds like the dude doesnt care anyway. So again what does any of this accomplish?

8 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

People getting this upset over words on the internet.

This is truly 2018...

Racist and homophobic words, sure. 

I’m african american, and I don’t think it’s nice being called the N-word. I find it very offensive and upsetting. It’s demeaning. And if you have an ounce of self-respect, you call out people who spout such sick and vile words. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, VulcanLiar said:

Racist and homophobic words, sure. 

I’m african american, and I don’t think it’s nice being called the N-word. I find it very offensive and upsetting. It’s demeaning. And if you have an ounce of self-respect, you call out people who spout such sick and vile words. 

I guess you don't like black comedians then.  Or hip hop.  Or rap.  You must find those things deeply upsetting.  Sad, because Patrice O'Neil (may he rest in peace) is hilarious.

• Like 1