Sign in to follow this  
Xbox Prisoner

This spawn perference ticket system might be a fraud

It was getting suspicious the way it worked yesterday so I tried an observation today.

Me and my friend played with a lobby of randoms, we both had Jason for spawn preference.

Game 1 I get jason

Game 2 He gets jason

Game 3 A random gets jason.

Game 4 my friend gets jason again

I was like HOW...

Game 5 A random gets jason

Game 6 my friend gets jason the third time.

I felt real jelly. What are the bloody odds that every random in the lobby would have couselor spawn preference or None? And yes it stayed as a full lobby for most of the part. How the hell does this ticket system works? Or am I just misreading something in the patch notes...?

It's an issue I've brought up as well. We've had full lobbies play for four hour stretches and 3 people get Jason in that time, 1-2 getting it nearly every other game.

I guess both of you would be surprised to find out the majority of people have their preferences set to counselor or none with the minority are set to Jason.

Want a good example?

Look how often you see people leave the game when some players that don’t want to play as Jason are selected to be him.

Also the game keeps track of how often people are selected as Jason. You probably played Jason more than the random and your friend, which is why they was selected over you.

• Like 2

I had at least two occasions where players got Jason for two games in a row. I definetly felt like rng-ing Jason more often than before.

5 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

I guess both of you would be surprised to find out the majority of people have their preferences set to counselor or none with the minority are set to Jason.

Want a good example?

Look how often you see people leave the game when some players that don’t want to play as Jason are selected to be him.

Also the game keeps track of how often people are selected as Jason. You probably played Jason more than the random and your friend, which is why they was selected over you.

This pretty much sums it up. I don't understand why people are surprised.

I’m surprised you got six games in a row without the lobby busting up.That’s a win right there!

Lobby of six and @Shadesofjoe was selected 3 times in a row.

It could have been 4, but someone else volunteered so I chose him to be Jason for the last game.

The game currently isn't even loading in the selected counselor or Jason for players at times.

You expect some form of sophistication to the Jason selection process?

They've claimed to have fixed this at least twice and I actually have a hilarious exchange with an illfonic dev over it in my discord PMs...

Don't expect a logical selection process...I'll leave it at that.

I'd venture this is the majority setup across all platforms.

In order

1. Counselor Preference

2. Neutral for both those that don't mind either or and those that quite literally don't even know a preference can be set

3. Jason preference

It is something that the star character of the franchise is likely the least preferred option

The data probably backs it up, but I don't expect any hard numbers from the devs to back it because it would be counterproductive to the direction of the game or they would probably just lie about the numbers.

9 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

It's an issue I've brought up as well. We've had full lobbies play for four hour stretches and 3 people get Jason in that time, 1-2 getting it nearly every other game.

9 hours ago, pro5pt0 said:

Want a good example?

3 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

This pretty much sums it up. I don't understand why people are surprised.

Ralph and pro5pt0, you have good points if you’re talking about random lobbies, but RisingGrave and I play with a regular group of people who discuss what our game settings are when someone gets picked as Jason 7 times out of 15 (actually happened to me).  There’s no question in my mind that something is skewed with the selection, though who knows, maybe it’s functioning as intended.  Maybe it picks those who need the most Jason practice.  ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pyegow said:

I’m surprised you got six games in a row without the lobby busting up.That’s a win right there!

Ye cause everyone had mics