BigJay

Will we see Tommy Jarvis on the Grendel Map?

Do you think the developers will not add a new hero character for the Grendel map and we just still have Tommy Jarvis? If they do, then that would be pretty stupid and unusual to see Tommy on a spaceship. I hope that we get either KM or Sgt Brodski as a hero character but I expect to see no new hero since it is clear that the developers like to save the pennies. 

I'd say it's safe to expect him to be the hero of the Grendel map, because it's far easier and less time consuming to re-use everyone than to create an entirely new hero along with the new Jason (even if Uber is already clearly done).

I'd love to see someone like Sgt. Brodski or even KM-14 (but I'd much rather have Brodski) take Jarvis' place, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

3 hours ago, al1ve said:

I'd say it's safe to expect him to be the hero of the Grendel map, because it's far easier and less time consuming to re-use everyone than to create an entirely new hero along with the new Jason (even if Uber is already clearly done).

I'd love to see someone like Sgt. Brodski or even KM-14 (but I'd much rather have Brodski) take Jarvis' place, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

It's not gong to be Tommy lol, that would make no sense, it will be KM confirmed.

• Like 1

I have my doubts that it will be KM and for two reasons. First being that her death cinematics wouldn't be interesting. Given that she is a robot, she does not bleed. Second, she has certain abilities which wouldn't fall under the typical Counselor or Jason ability template. She would have to have her own GUI, animations, and moveset done completely different from that of the previous assets. While that doesn't make this impossible, it doesn't seem likely. But who knows, Gun Media never fails to surprise me.

4 hours ago, BigJay said:

Do you think the developers will not add a new hero character for the Grendel map and we just still have Tommy Jarvis? If they do, then that would be pretty stupid and unusual to see Tommy on a spaceship. I hope that we get either KM or Sgt Bodski as a hero character but I expect to see no new hero since it is clear that the developers like to save the pennies. 

I'm betting that if we do somehow get Brodski, he'll just be a Tommy reskin and nothing special.

That and there will be a glitch were Brodski completely replaces Tommy on all the small maps and Pinehurst, and another where Tommy will sometimes spawn on the Grendal map instead of Brodski, and that despite numerous complaints about these bugs, they won't even be acknowledged for at least half a year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My guess is that it will be Tommy.  My reason is simple.  No one has leaked brodski or KM yet.  Someone would have surely data mined the files by now like they have everything else if they were in there.  Unless that's the hold up on the map, but I don't think it is.  

6 hours ago, iFruit 9iX said:

I have my doubts that it will be KM and for two reasons. First being that her death cinematics wouldn't be interesting. Given that she is a robot, she does not bleed. Second, she has certain abilities which wouldn't fall under the typical Counselor or Jason ability template. She would have to have her own GUI, animations, and moveset done completely different from that of the previous assets. While that doesn't make this impossible, it doesn't seem likely. But who knows, Gun Media never fails to surprise me.

Your first reason is null. Look at the stripper glitter bomb kills now, or back when there was white and purple blood. That old blood could basically be her oil. 

Also, why would they need to change her entire animstions? She didnt move completely robotic, she moved like a human. And doesnt every character have their own GUI?

I hope its KM as Tommy Jarvis being called to space makes absolutely no sense. Really dont think I can take a shot of Tommy landing a ship on Grendel seriously. 

Not only do I think TJ will be on the Grendel but I also predict that there will be a campground on the Grendel as well.  

Holodeck. Sure , it may be a bit of a cop out, but it makes the most sense in a few different ways.

• Like 2

They'll go with the most cost effective method.

At this point, the best/realistic option is just giving all the existing counselors futuristic clothing that can only be worn on that map. Including Tommy.

• Like 1

I want to say we'll be getting a new hero (either KM or Sgt. Brodski). I still have faith in the devs.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

I want to say we'll be getting a new hero (either KM or Sgt. Brodski). I still have faith in the devs.

Hopefully you are correct sir!

3 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Pamela talks to Roy; it'll be Tommy.

Best answer. 

I think it's a lot to hope for a new hero character tied to a map. I see why so many people are disappointed by every new update.?

16 hours ago, BigJay said:

Do you think the developers will not add a new hero character for the Grendel map and we just still have Tommy Jarvis? If they do, then that would be pretty stupid and unusual to see Tommy on a spaceship.

As opposed to seeing Jason and all of the counselors on a spaceship?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DasMurich said:

Pamela talks to Roy; it'll be Tommy.

Yup, you're right! But maybe at least they'll show Tommy walking in through an airlock or something.

Just make it ultra ridiculous and add "Space" to everything

"I found the space fuse. I need to install it so I can call the space cops"

"I found the space gas. Let's put it in the space car and fly out of here."

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Just make it ultra ridiculous and add "Space" to everything

"I found the space fuse. I need to install it so I can call the space cops"

"I found the space gas. Let's put it in the space car and fly out of here."

Yeah.:D

"Guys! I found the space boat. All we need to do is, repair it with the space propeller and space sail out of here".

"Guys! I have an extra space pocket knife if anyone wants one?".

"Guys! I found Jasons Space shack. Quick! get the Pamelas space Sweater and call space Tommy with the space CB radio!".

"Guys! I found the space map stand. If anyone is looking for a space map?".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

guys, it will be tommy. its not even up for debate.

does it make sense to have tommy answer a CB call in space? not at all. 

but that sure as shit makes MORE sense than tommy answering the call as an adult on the map of his childhood home. If the devs didn't change tommy to Rob Dier for the jarvis map they sure as heck are not changing him for the Grendel map.

19 hours ago, Anonymous said:

It's not gong to be Tommy lol, that would make no sense, it will be KM confirmed.

Pamela talking to Roy also makes no sense. Uber Jason being in a normal campsite makes very little to no sense.

The odds of it being Tommy are quite high.