RadikalGamer

Being put in the salt mines because a public game host keeps leaving??

I have the game for xbox one and I never leave games, however I only do public matches and go with whatever I am paired with, the host keep leaving and it says I am kicked.  Over the past couple of days (since I bought the game)  this has happened a number of times and still continued to happen today....something I have no control over....I have never left a game of my own free will, I do not rage quit, leave in the middle of a match---are the Salt Mines counting the host of the game as me leaving the game as well and putting me in the salt mines?  Because having NEVER left a game myself...I now find myself not being able to join other games saying that I am in a low priority and cannot join the game??  Also when I do quick play now it puts me in a lobby by myself EVERY single time, I have checked everything internet connection wise so I know it is not that.   Why are players that have no control over whether a pug host leaves getting put in the salt mines over this, I can't control quick play matches where a host leaves...however I am being held responsible?  Why?  If the salt mines are not working then disable them until you figure out a fix please.  I spent 40 bucks on this game at my local store and now I cant even play it except offline mode due to no fault of my own player wise and it isn't a technical issue of mine.  I have searched but I have not seen this mentioned as a know issue by the developers of the game, so needless to say I am curious as to why I cannot play the game, and is there going to be a fix issued for being punished and put in the salt mines business when you have done nothing wrong and it just leave you to where you cannot play the game??  

• Like 1

Had the host quit multiple times in a row in quick play after the patch.

Noticed it started putting me in empty lobbies by myself.

Guess this is the "new" salt mines I keep hearing about.

I had early access to this since launch.

Just now, GhostWolfViking said:

Had the host quit multiple times in a row in quick play after the patch.

Noticed it started putting me in empty lobbies by myself.

Guess this is the "new" salt mines I keep hearing about.

I had early access to this since launch.

So you are having the same issue as I am.  Do you think it is fair to not be able to play multiplayer and to be put in a lobby by yourself when someone you have no control over, and is the host of the game quits?  Thus giving everyone else salt and eventually putting you in the salt mines and making it to where you cannot play multiplayer or are considered "low priority" and cannot join other games?

Host quitting happens maybe 2 to 3 times out of 5 matches for me.

It depends on the type of players in the lobby.

Sometimes I can go 10 games and everything is cool.

The empty lobby goes away when I restart the game and search for a new lobby.

If it continues to happen I play something else and try again later.

18 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Host quitting happens maybe 2 to 3 times out of 5 matches for me.

It depends on the type of players in the lobby.

Sometimes I can go 10 games and everything is cool.

The empty lobby goes away when I restart the game and search for a new lobby.

If it continues to happen I play something else and try again later.

Doesn't go away for me just by restarting.  Takes awhile and then hosts just keep leaving and I am salted again?

4 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

They need to implement dedicated servers. Not this “salt mine” bullshit. It DOES NOT WORK. 

I thought they were adding dedicated servers..?

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, RadikalGamer said:

Doubt it. They said they were adding them “Late September, but possibly as late as October” of 2017. I don’t see why they’d add these salt mines if they were planning to add dedicated servers. At best, the salt mines mean that dedicated servers are a loooong way off. 

5 hours ago, TestedTwice said:

They need to implement dedicated servers. Not this “salt mine” bullshit. It DOES NOT WORK. 

dude, we on PC have dedicated servers. We still need saltmines. fkn leavers aren´t only hosts on console. They should work proper tough.

beeing put in an empty lobby was a thing before saltmines. i never could host a lobby, no one ever joined. that started from me playing the first time last summer.

5 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

dude, we on PC have dedicated servers. We still need saltmines. fkn leavers aren´t only hosts on console. They should work proper tough.

beeing put in an empty lobby was a thing before saltmines. i never could host a lobby, no one ever joined. that started from me playing the first time last summer.

Wrong.  On Xbox one when I was put in the salt mines all they would do is put me in a lobby by myself for over an hour.  I couldn't get a game period for over an hour, and no it wasn't internet issues.  I have had the game on PC since launch as well.  This doesn't happen on PC like what we are talking about on Xbox one.  It's broken right now.

For some reason I’m host 90% of the time. I’m not complaing though, it’s awesome not needing to worry about the host quitting all the time :D. I guess a lot of players got sent to the salt mines? Or everyone just plays PM’s now, this is on PS4, btw. 

Yup. Same garbage here. I don't rage quit and I've been in the salt mines twice the last couple days. It's broken on Xbox One. They need an immediate patch for this as it never should have been introduced without it working correctly. They are literally taking away a paid service from people because of the actions of others. The next patch early in the week should either fix it or delete it until it does get fixed. For some reason, I think they will just blow it off as complainers. Just my gut instinct.

You are jumping the gun way to quick no one said you were lying about anything.  I was saying that the salt mines for Xbox One are put me in lobbys by myself for over an hour at a time, I understand the pc issues you are talking about with being put in lobbys before the salt mines I have owned the game on PC since launch as I said in a previous post.  What I was trying to explain is the issues are two different things....As you were being put in lobbys by yourself before the salt mines on PC (I get that.)  When some Xbox One owners of the game as well get put in the salt mines because a host keeps leaving (nothing I can do about that I am not leaving of my own free will and never have on either platform) WE on XBOX one are being put in lobbies by ourselves and not matched with anyone and then when we try to join ANY other game via the join game option we are told we can not join any game because we are "low priority and cannot join any matches"  That is the exact message.  When I said "wrong" in my post I was trying to explain to you that you were misunderstanding what I was saying as this has no relation to your past issues on PC and you were not seeing that, so I tried explaining that again, and I am doing it again since you thought I was calling you a liar.  I am not going to cuss at you as you did me, it's childish.  Be well.

On 6/3/2018 at 8:50 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

So you say i lie? Dude fk off. I am not the only on who had this happen way before the saltmines.

Yeah I haven't heard very many issues with this issue I am having for playstation owners but most definitely a big problem for Xbox One owners of the game.

On 6/3/2018 at 9:51 AM, Dead Meme said:

For some reason I’m host 90% of the time. I’m not complaing though, it’s awesome not needing to worry about the host quitting all the time :D. I guess a lot of players got sent to the salt mines? Or everyone just plays PM’s now, this is on PS4, btw. 

On 6/3/2018 at 6:08 PM, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Yup. Same garbage here. I don't rage quit and I've been in the salt mines twice the last couple days. It's broken on Xbox One. They need an immediate patch for this as it never should have been introduced without it working correctly. They are literally taking away a paid service from people because of the actions of others. The next patch early in the week should either fix it or delete it until it does get fixed. For some reason, I think they will just blow it off as complainers. Just my gut instinct.

Yeah I am with you and you are one of the many Xbox One owners of the game besides me that are experiencing this problem....you can't even play the game online when it does this *sigh* It's like buying new tires for your car but they have no tread on them, I feel your pain and so do many others not only on my friends list but in various forums.  I think they should take the salt mines down until they issue a fix at least for the Xbox One if none of the other platforms are having this issue, being put in a lobby for over an hour by myself and not being able to join any other multiplayer game after hosts leave that I cannot control is just not okay, it a huge game breaker when you can't even play multiplayer consistently, because some pug host keeps leaving and you can't do a thing about it.  What I want to know is how the developers did not see this coming?  I mean did they not know if a host leaves mid game that it would penalize everyone else unfairly, it's not like I know these hosts or that these are private games I am talking about.  These are pug hosts messing it up for the rest of the Xbox One owner of the game that are having this issue.

• Like 1

They will fix it when they see their Xbox One user base drop off, which won't take very long because no one will get matched up, and they will simply stop playing the game altogether.

I was hosting yesterday on PS4 and the game crashed. The next game I was Jason and had to leave the game at the very beginning (not cool I know, but no harm to anybody since it was after first 10 seconds of game). 
I'm not in the salt mines but everytime it choses me as host I just search for other lobbys because if it crashes again I'm afraid I will go in salt mines. This is just ridiculous.

On 6/4/2018 at 5:58 AM, Hancove said:

I was hosting yesterday on PS4 and the game crashed. The next game I was Jason and had to leave the game at the very beginning (not cool I know, but no harm to anybody since it was after first 10 seconds of game). 
I'm not in the salt mines but everytime it choses me as host I just search for other lobbys because if it crashes again I'm afraid I will go in salt mines. This is just ridiculous.

I agree with you last sentence.

same with me

I NEVER quit and I'm still being matched with quitting hosts. I really think that salty points for host leaving count to everybody in the lobby.

On 6/3/2018 at 12:59 AM, RadikalGamer said:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Homerloco said:

same with me

I NEVER quit and I'm still being matched with quitting hosts. I really think that salty points for host leaving count to everybody in the lobby.

Obviously they do a lot of people are having the same issue we are having....

• Thanks 1