Sign in to follow this  
final_gal

About Victoria and her "trope"

3 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Ya see...there is a reason people don’t like Jenny. Simply because she is slow. Her 3 speed is what turns her off from people. I do value stamina more than speed and her five stamina paired with marathon and “No Fear” perks makes her speed a non-factor is you can keep up her stamina management. I don’t even play a “No Fear” build...I run marathon, sucker punch, and thick skinned (I sold my epic prepardness before I knew about the “No Fear” build, but I do still have an epic nerves of steel). She is super well rounded having her only three below average stats being speed, strength, and repair...I do not need Deborah to rely on as a crutch to repair, I can repair with any counselor if I need to and a 2 repair is super easy. Strength is a non factor if you are not trying to kill Jason and even if you are, you can still deal damage regardless. Her composure, luck, and secretly higher stealth is what makes her great. You don’t need the meta perks to survive.

Despite my name I do not play Jenny the most...I mainly play Tiffany, I do swap the two frequently however.

I'm really loving this JENNY Topic we have going on here.  :lol:

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm really loving this JENNY Topic we have going on here.  :lol:

Well, people always claim she isn’t a good counselor when that isn’t the case. She just doesn’t fit people’s playstyles. Doesn’t make Victoria better than her when that 10 to 4 composure drop sets them apart a lot...while Vicky is only slightly better in every other stat other than luck

9 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Well, people always claim she isn’t a good counselor when that isn’t the case. She just doesn’t fit people’s playstyles. Doesn’t make Victoria better than her when that 10 to 4 composure drop sets them apart a lot...while Vicky is only slightly better in every other stat other than luck

Preach it, sister!

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Haha, I wish it was that high, more like 35%.. maybe.. during the previous patch in QP.  That is unless I'm with a very skilled buddy whom I joking referred him as a "Tommy main" lol.  Together, it can be as high as 70percent, this is factoring in those that are able to flee and hide in the waters :rolleyes:

That was just the ratio of what I have seen you play, and was all I have to judge your success rate by. It took you a few times to get me, but I don't think you even had a bug to screw up a kill against anyone else while I was present.... Well, maybe its a slight exaggeration, but from those games we played together, your ratio of Jason kills was pretty friggin' high. As I said... you EARNED the nickname: The Jason Killer.... although I think someone on Steam is actually using that as their name now... I haven't seen him get anyone yet though. But I have only run into him once and that was weeks ago.

I feel bad when someone can't heal with that bug and I am at least giving them a head start when that happens.... so far. I don't remember reading that it was caused by combat stance though, thanks for the info. Hope it is fixed soon.
   Although it is a bit of a buggy mess right now... its still fun if you don't take the game too seriously. I hope you get back in the game soon.

• Thanks 1

Ignoring the 5 Jenny mains that hide under beds. I wish counselors had more unique voice lines. 

• Haha 2

Meanwhile I'm over here maining as Tiffany. . . 

Someone who is truly in the shadow of Vanessa.

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Meanwhile I'm over here maining as Tiffany. . . 

Someone who is truly in the shadow of Vanessa.

TiFfaNy hAs HeR PuRpOsE!! StEaLTh hAs iTs pUrpOse! 

Like why does it matter if we give Tiff and Buggzy 2 repair, it ain’t like they’re not gonna fix all the objectives. 

51 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

TiFfaNy hAs HeR PuRpOsE!! StEaLTh hAs iTs pUrpOse! 

Like why does it matter if we give Tiff and Buggzy 2 repair, it ain’t like they’re not gonna fix all the objectives. 

Honestly though they need to rework stealth mechanics to make it actually pretty useful in the game.

However I feel like if they do Tiffany would be a little OP.

29 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

Honestly though they need to rework stealth mechanics to make it actually pretty useful in the game.

However I feel like if they do Tiffany would be a little OP.

She’d still be a weaker version of Vanessa and Buggzy. Heck even Victoria outshines her, with her superior luck, and repair. Like why does she even have 2 strength? She doesn’t look strong at all. 2 repair will help her massively, and I doubt she’d be OP. 

8 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

If you're on PC, and if they fix all the brokenness brought by the latest patch and I reinstall the game, why not join me for a few games ;).  I'll show you what a counselor can do against Jason's options and how well suited Jenny really is.

Well Shady will Block -> grab you like a mofo, among other tactics he'll employ.  When I started with him, he really help elevate my play to yet another level.  I've never said that fighting Jason is easy, that's dictated by the the Jason player.   But Jenny is better off fighting Jason than anyone that is not Vanessa or Chad, and I argue she's better than Victoria due to the benefits of Max composer, as well as access to "No Fear".   Of course a Jason will bait you into a bad swing and punish.  You should NEVER swing before sizing up Jason, and using CS Fakeouts/turn faints to keep Jason on his toes when the real swing will be.  And even a blocked swing doesn't always mean you're grabbed.  Using a combination of Dodge canceling, baiting his attack, choosing angles in relation to Jason of where to swing, and wrenches have short recovery, can get you out of a blocked swing (not always, but that's the risk).  While Speed is nice, it's not everything.  Again, High luck, consistant stamina regain, keeping my HUB for percise Stamina Management, and avoiding annoying fear mechanics make Jenny a joy to use when Squaring up with the Big J.

I agree, but I will White-Knight Jenny all day.  I'm now probably have @CPLhicks31 beat of being a Jenny Fanboy, lol.  Anyhow I'm done, but Hit me up if you're on PC.

Haha. Jenny. Old trusty!

I actually have some original artwork done by comic artist Dave Acosta of Jenny and Chad hanging out at the beach. I really ought to post that one of these days.

3 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

Haha. Jenny. Old trusty!

I actually have some original artwork done by comic artist Dave Acosta of Jenny and Chad hanging out at the beach. I really ought to post that one of these days.

GIVE THEM TO ME!!!!!!   ..... I mean, please kindly post them for everyone :D

9 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

She’d still be a weaker version of Vanessa and Buggzy. Heck even Victoria outshines her, with her superior luck, and repair. Like why does she even have 2 strength? She doesn’t look strong at all. 2 repair will help her massively, and I doubt she’d be OP. 

Victoria’s slow speed, lower stamina, and lower stealth makes her a weaker verison of Tiffany. I don’t know why Victoria is so loved, her stats is something everybody can do better. She is weaker at combat than Jenny is due to more likehood of her tripping due to low composure. She is weaker than Tiffany at ferrying parts due to lower speed and stamina, not to mention she’ll still attract Jason because she’ll make noise pings. She isn’t strong and her repair is decent but let’s not lie to ourselves, she is no Deborah. There is nothing she can do that another counselor can’t do better. I’m definitely on the side of “make stealth better” it needs to be more intense, you have no stress because you know Jason will find you because of his Terminator sense. 

There isn’t a reason to change Tiffany’s repair...she isn’t a repair counselor simple as that. If anybody needs a 1 repair it would be Vanessa, she is the one that needs a nerf. Tiffany does not need a buff or nerf. Her stats are fine the way it is.

Why is Tiffany weaker than Buggzy? Both have a one repair and Tiffany has the better stamina AND luck. She is not a weaker choice than Buggzy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

.I don’t know why Victoria is so loved, her stats is something everybody can do better.

She loved because everyone wanted another high luck counselor.  Composer is the most overlooked stat so people were quick to proclaim her as the "Better Jenny".  I think she is a fine addition, but in no way takes away anything from Tiff or Jenny.

her bottom looks a LOT like Brendas pants and the top is inforgivable, she should have had melissas clothes

19 hours ago, Ahab said:

You have obviously not played with or against GeneiJin… LOL.
   200 hours playing still makes you a noob around here.

fair enough, ima proud casual at this point anyway lol

18 hours ago, disco romance said:

I'm sorry you don't know how to properly utilize her. ?‍♂️

nothing bout that. i dont even play her anyway since theres far suprerior counselors to play well with. but my opinion stands, her stats dont fit her trope at all. its cool yall can play her well but she isnt a final girl like the trope claims it. she has laughable survivability rates to anyone who doesnt "live" her 

4 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Victoria’s slow speed, lower stamina, and lower stealth makes her a weaker verison of Tiffany. I don’t know why Victoria is so loved, her stats is something everybody can do better. She is weaker at combat than Jenny is due to more likehood of her tripping due to low composure. She is weaker than Tiffany at ferrying parts due to lower speed and stamina, not to mention she’ll still attract Jason because she’ll make noise pings. She isn’t strong and her repair is decent but let’s not lie to ourselves, she is no Deborah. There is nothing she can do that another counselor can’t do better. I’m definitely on the side of “make stealth better” it needs to be more intense, you have no stress because you know Jason will find you because of his Terminator sense. 

There isn’t a reason to change Tiffany’s repair...she isn’t a repair counselor simple as that. If anybody needs a 1 repair it would be Vanessa, she is the one that needs a nerf. Tiffany does not need a buff or nerf. Her stats are fine the way it is.

Why is Tiffany weaker than Buggzy? Both have a one repair and Tiffany has the better stamina AND luck. She is not a weaker choice than Buggzy.

Victoria has better survivability than Tiff. Simple as that. Can fix objectives and is more independent, whereas Tiffany isn’t. No one is stating that she’s Deborah, but she can do things herself. The luck and repair is what brings her above Tiffany. Her stamina can be better with marathon, the speed isn’t noticeable. Victoria has a better time fighting Jason, with luck. She can even play the defender role better. Victoria is a superior Tiffany. Victoria can run, defend, fight, and repair. 

No one is stating she’s going to be one. Are Vanessa, Chad, and Jenny repair counselors? I didn’t think so. Tiffany’s stats need some changes, she doesn’t need 2 strength and Bugzzy doesn’t need 2 stealth. Simple as that. 

Better speed and can demask Jason. Buggzy plays the distraction role better. The luck isn’t that noticeable, neither is the stamina. Buggzy doesn’t also have to waste his stamina every few seconds because his speed allows him to bring space between him and Jason. 

@jahzaveamanaie Its good to not take the game too seriously... particularly with its current state. I get a good laugh out of some of these bugs and will miss a few when they are gone... others are downright annoying and nobody will miss them when they are finally gone... There may even be a celebration when certain bugs are removed. It is a game, however, and if we are not playing it to have fun, then what the hell are we doing here?

I do not play counselors for their "superiority" though... tropes I could care less about. I find the slow counselors a challenge against good Jason players. I actually played Victoria last night and her speed of 4 and fairly high stamina was a refreshing change. I did not get a chance to repair anything with her... but even with high luck... a low repair score means it will be a slow repair... which is why I prefer the high repair, yet low speed counselors... If I want to do anything in this game fast, it would be the repairs. Whether I escape or not does not really matter to me, but I like repairing objectives... and if I cannot escape, it hopefully leads to one or more other players escaping. For me... Victoria seems well suited to kiting Jason.
   Vote for Victoria Sterling.... why choose the lesser evil?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

I find the slow counselors a challenge against good Jason players. I actually played Victoria last night and her speed of 4 and fairly high stamina was a refreshing change.

i been playing kenny a lot. i like how all his stats are an average 5/10. played 3 games as him today and juked jason for the entire match while repairing phonebox calling cops and repairing an entire car by myself easy. with good stamina management and good repair and good everything else hes a perfect rounded character. i wish jennys stats were like this. would fit final girl way better than her stats right now.

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Whether I escape or not does not really matter to me, but I like repairing objectives...

same lol especially on double xp repairing objectives beats escaping by far

4 hours ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

Victoria has better survivability than Tiff. Simple as that. Can fix objectives and is more independent, whereas Tiffany isn’t. No one is stating that she’s Deborah, but she can do things herself. The luck and repair is what brings her above Tiffany. Her stamina can be better with marathon, the speed isn’t noticeable. Victoria has a better time fighting Jason, with luck. She can even play the defender role better. Victoria is a superior Tiffany. Victoria can run, defend, fight, and repair. 

No one is stating she’s going to be one. Are Vanessa, Chad, and Jenny repair counselors? I didn’t think so. Tiffany’s stats need some changes, she doesn’t need 2 strength and Bugzzy doesn’t need 2 stealth. Simple as that. 

Better speed and can demask Jason. Buggzy plays the distraction role better. The luck isn’t that noticeable, neither is the stamina. Buggzy doesn’t also have to waste his stamina every few seconds because his speed allows him to bring space between him and Jason. 

Victoria’s FOUR speed isn’t noticeable against Tiffany’s six speed but Buggzy’s eight is noticeable against Tiffany’s six? Simple fact is that Victoria is gonna run out of gas faster than Tiffany in a pure juking game. Vanessa and Buggzy are the only counselors that compare with Tiffany is you can only survive the night at the point that you are the only counselor left. Victoria has better luck, yes...but she will gt caught faster than Tiffany simply because she is slower with lower stamina and that is a fact. Her survivability is not higher in a pure run ing game against Tiffany. Tiff can traverse the map much easier. And her luck and repair? Well Jenny also has better luck and repair than Tiffany but I don’t see anybody stating she is better than Tiffany. Why? Because she is slow with lower stamina. A 2 repair and a 3 repair is not that huge of a difference.

The 2 luck is noticeable against Tiffany’s 4 seeing how she gets more swings out of weapons. Why would demasking even be in the question unless going for a kill on Jason? The distraction role can be filled by any counselor honestly if the player is skilled enough. I’ve managed to out jog Jason from Stillwater past Higgins with Tiffany...she can create distance, her speed stat is above average. Stamina is more valuable than speed either way, Tiffany has more in the tank than Buggzy does and has more swings with a weapon...pair it with marathon and she can run forever.

6 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

fair enough, ima proud casual at this point anyway lol

nothing bout that. i dont even play her anyway since theres far suprerior counselors to play well with. but my opinion stands, her stats dont fit her trope at all. its cool yall can play her well but she isnt a final girl like the trope claims it. she has laughable survivability rates to anyone who doesnt "live" her 

You're talking out of your ass. If someone is able to use a character well, that means the character isn't bad. To be honest, there are no bad characters, only bad players.

Her two best stats are composure and luck, rightfully so. The final girl WOULD have those stats as her highest. She isn't known for her quick speed, or her repair skills, or her strength. The remainder stats are fairly average, which makes sense. Stop making an argument over Jenny's usability when it has already been determined that people can excel with her (including myself.)

12 hours ago, disco romance said:

If someone is able to use a character well, that means the character isn't bad. To be honest, there are no bad characters, only bad players.

no, a good character is one that everybody can use no matter how well they play and have a chance of winning / escaping jason with. if a few people master playing jenny that just means she had to be mastered in the first place which already makes her inferior to a character that doesnt need to be mastered anyway. its evident on how most lobbies are filled with vanessas or buggzy or deborahs. cuz theyre good characters. jenny isnt, you just learned to play her well. 

14 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

no, a good character is one that everybody can use no matter how well they play and have a chance of winning / escaping jason with. if a few people master playing jenny that just means she had to be mastered in the first place which already makes her inferior to a character that doesnt need to be mastered anyway. its evident on how most lobbies are filled with vanessas or buggzy or deborahs. cuz theyre good characters. jenny isnt, you just learned to play her well. 

There's a difference between a character that has a learning curve versus a character that is bad. Jenny is the former, not the latter.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

In fighting games, every character has viable "tools" he/she uses to win.  The character that has the most or the strongest "tools" are typically the top characters.  However, some of the cast can have tools too difficult for novices to access.  For example in SFIII 3rd Strike, Chun li is one of the Strongest.  She has great normals and a super that is easy for newer players to learn and have success with.  Yun is a character just as strong, however his super Genei Jin (where I got my handle B)), which is considered the strongest Super in the game, is very difficult to use correctly and requires a lot of practice.  Yun himself has among the lowest HP out of the roster.  A new player not knowing much about the game could easy dismiss Yun as a "bad" character when in fact that's not true at all.

Vanessa's combo of Speed + Stamina is very strong and very easy to utilize.  While Vanessa also have good amount of luck,  most of the Vanessa's I've see on QP aren't taking advantage of it.  With Vanessa, you can still be somewhat successful without good fighting talents, but enjoy Jason knowing where you are always.  Jenny is slow, but she is top 3 in Luck, best composer in the game, Stealth that is actually higher than what is advertised (8.5 we assume), and decent stamina.  However to utilize all her strengths, you have to have a good understanding of the system mechanics and have good combat capabilities.  They are not brain dead like "Speed + Stamina".  Just because she requires more of effort to get a handle doesn't make her bad.  It is though unfortunate that her best build is hard to put together....damn perk system.... :angry:

Some players do pick bad or not the best characters as a challenge, and I do respect that.  I don't play like that.  While I won't refer myself as a "master", I am comparatively better than most I've seen. I main characters that both fit my playstyle best and gives me the best chance of success.  I main Jenny because she meet these criteria.

5 hours ago, disco romance said:

There's a difference between a character that has a learning curve versus a character that is bad. Jenny is the former, not the latter.

This

5 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Jenny is slow, but she is top 3 in Luck, best composer in the game,

im so sorry but you totally meant composure there XD composer would mean that jenny writes music im dead

5 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Yun himself has among the lowest HP out of the roster.  A new player not knowing much about the game could easy dismiss Yun as a "bad" character when in fact that's not true at all.

10 hours ago, disco romance said:

i get that but it applies when you look at her as a single character. when you compare her with other characters, vanessa deborah even kenny dont have a learning curve.

so that already makes both the athletic girl vanessa and the nerdy girl deborah a better character than the final girl. jenny isnt necessarily bad, but shes not as good as vanessa or deborah is as a general character. and these are examples, theres other counselors that excel in certain things that actually apply to the games 3 main strengths stealth, speed+stamina, repair. jenny has none of those, that kinda messes her final girl status up. and makes her an inferior character to those that have one or more of those strengths. shes definitely inferior to some and it doesnt make sense cause the final girl shouldnt be outperformed by the nerdy girl for example or even the average camper boi kenny is suprerior over her performance.