Sign in to follow this  
final_gal

About Victoria and her "trope"

Anyone else feel like she doesn't really feel like a mean girl? First of all her clothing, which has already been discussed here.

Gameplay wise, she plays more like a final girl to me..I've been more often the last survivor with her than I've been with Jenny, hell they could as well have added "Tina" instead. What do you think? 

• Like 2

The tropes correlating with stats is hit or miss, honestly. Besides athletes, nerds, and greasers, everything else is kind of a toss up.

Her stats are VERY good though. She has the best survivability in the game, I'd say. Incredible balance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

The tropes correlating with stats is hit or miss, honestly. Besides athletes, nerds, and greasers, everything else is kind of a toss up.

Her stats are VERY good though. She has the best survivability in the game, I'd say. Incredible balance.

Eh, I still say someone very good at the game and an expert at kiting is almost impossible to kill when they are Vanessa. But Victoria’s stats are good.

4 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Eh, I still say someone very good at the game and an expert at kiting is almost impossible to kill when they are Vanessa. But Victoria’s stats are good.

Vanessa also has amazing survivability. But her basically non-existant stealth dings her survivability just a bit for me (like a smidgen!).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gummybish said:

Victoria is what Jenny's stats should have been lol.

I disagree. Composure is the real difference here, and I've noticed that Victoria's screen gets black way too quickly. Her stamina regeneration rate isn't fast due to her low composure, which is why Jenny is overall better (in my opinion.)

4 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

They did Jenny dirty ?

I think people simply don't know how to utilize her properly. Managing her composure and stamina are keys to her success.

No. The two counselors with the highest survivability rate through sheer juking is always going to be Vanessa and Tiffany. Victoria is not in their league because she is so much slower and does not have as much stamina. She can repair faster and get herself out of the camp faster than those two because of higher repair but not through running from Jason. Vanessa’s top speed and very high stamina is what makes her a pain to catch. People really do not look at Tiffany’s stats enough, I’ve played her since I unlocked her a few days after release and if you manage to master her then she is a very valuable asset to the team despite low repair. Her high stamina is only matched by Vanessa and her speed is above average. No female counselor can survive as long as Vanessa and Tiffany when it comes to surviving the night. Victoria is good no doubt, but her stats are not “final girl” worthy. The reason Jenny is considered the “final girl” is because of her maxed out composure and high luck, that’s ALL she needs to make her a great counselor to use. People don’t know how to use her because she is slow with average stamina. Speed is not the only valuable stat in the game and that’s all a lot of players care about. Jenny does not need high speed to survive, her stamina can carry her through a match. Ever wonder why Chad is always winded despite a 9 speed? Low composure, bad stamina management, and below average stamina will cripple him if a player cannot play him correctly. Not to mention when caught by Jason, Jenny does have a chance of breaking free...Chad does not. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

No. The two counselors with the highest survivability rate through sheer juking is always going to be Vanessa and Tiffany. Victoria is not in their league because she is so much slower and does not have as much stamina.

Juking does not equate to survivability. It has an effect on it - hence why Vanessa is highly survivable - but there's other factors to consider (stealthiness, ability to repair, ability to combat effectively). Tiffany mid- to late-game is as good as dead if the cops haven't already been called.

I mean, Victoria's clothing makes her pretty easy to spot as Jason, regardless of stats. I think her stats fit pretty well, being that Melissa was the 2nd to last girl in Part 7. I think it all comes down to composure, Jenny is fearless and Victoria gets scared pretty easily.

Vanessa's are easily disposed of if you use sense and then shift grab her without her being aware you're there. This is doable as her sound pings give her away early game.

33 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

Juking does not equate to survivability. It has an effect on it - hence why Vanessa is highly survivable - but there's other factors to consider (stealthiness, ability to repair, ability to combat effectively). Tiffany mid- to late-game is as good as dead if the cops haven't already been called.

The things you point out balance out every counselor.

Stealthy- Vanessa is FAR from stealthy, Victoria is stealthy but still makes noise, Tiffany is the most stealthy counselor in the game along with AJ.

Repair- I thought we were talking survivability like “survive the night”. Victoria has a better chance of escaping by calling the cops or a vehicle but she still has a high chance of messing up a skill check.

Combat- If the player knows how to combat any counselor is effective. Victoria has higher luck, her weapons do not break as easily but she is not the best to try and combat with due to low composure. If you wanna combat then use Jenny...a low RNG for tripping makes her more effective. Victoria and Tiffany are not ideal for combat but as I said, if the player knows what to do anybody can combat.

Point is that it is more on the player rather than who they are playing as. A skilled player can survive the night with Deborah. I find Tiffany to he extremely easy to survive the night with. Why? Her high speed, stamina, and stealth make her an effective hider and runner. You can’t deny that she has a lot of skills to survive the night with. Her speed, stamina, and stealth outclass Victoria. Victoria has better luck, but what else? Repair? They are both low, probably not going to fix anything and escape that way especially if Jason is nearby and they are the last ones left. 

I have survived HUNDREDS of times through the night with Tiffany. Of course that is just me, not the general playerbase...but Tiffany is super easy to survive with if the player knows what to do. She is just as effective as Vanessa, if anything I see more Tiffany survivals than Vanessa (on PS4 at least).

54 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Point is that it is more on the player rather than who they are playing as. A skilled player can survive the night with Deborah.

This is very true.

I guess I should say that *TO ME* Victoria has the best survivability. Her stats perfectly align with my preferred method of gameplay in QP lobbies.

Since Victoria was added, I play Vanessa and Tiffany (my old mains) when I'm playing in a group and know I can rely on others to fix things or when I'm looking for a good ol' fashion chase sequence.

6 hours ago, disco romance said:

I think people simply don't know how to utilize her properly. Managing her composure and stamina are keys to her success.

I like Jenny but composure is a bit overrated. Besides why play as her when you can play a luck build character like Chad or Victoria. Both who have a larger stamina and speed stats.

6 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

I like Jenny but composure is a bit overrated. Besides why play as her when you can play a luck build character like Chad or Victoria. Both who have a larger stamina and speed stats.

If any stat is overrated it is speed, you don’t need speed to survive the night. Stamina is a lot better than speed which Jenny has better stamina than Chad does. Her composure keeps her stamina regeneration steady, especially if you run a “No Fear” build while Chad and Victoria’s stamina will cripple if the Jason player is competent and doesn’t allow you to stun him. Playing a luck build with Jenny can work wonders because her maxed out composure keeps stamina regeneration at a steady pace. Chad and Victoria can run faster for sure but their stamina pool will cripple under a tunneling while Jenny’s will not. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

This is very true.

I guess I should say that *TO ME* Victoria has the best survivability. Her stats perfectly align with my preferred method of gameplay in QP lobbies.

Since Victoria was added, I play Vanessa and Tiffany (my old mains) when I'm playing in a group and know I can rely on others to fix things or when I'm looking for a good ol' fashion chase sequence.

Don’t get me wrong, I have survived the night with Victoria, but she hasn’t even been out but for about a month. Tiffany as been my main since lauch basically. I’ve never cared for Vanessa. My friend plays AJ and she does the fixing and I do the distracting, it works hand in hand. I can survive the night with anybody, it is just easiest with Tiffany for my own playstyle.

I don’t really like how slow Victoria is. Yeah, I play Jenny and she is slow but her stamina regeneration does not cripple like Vicky’s does. Under a tunneling, Jenny can survive and possibly break free from Jason’s grasp while Vicky’s stamina will cripple and she’ll never break free. She has nice repair but when people say her stats should’ve been Jenny’s stats they are incorrect. Composure and luck is what makes a “final girl” trope. If it was true to the movies then Jenny would need more than 35 stat points which would make her really OP. I just can’t get behind people saying that.

28 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Victoria might be better when Jason isn't around due to her higher stamina stat, slight speed advantage and repair, but Jenny is much better being around Jason.  She avoids stumbling and more usable stamina due to consistent regen by not falling into deep fear, no other counselor but "No Fear" Jenny can do this.  The additional repair Victoria has is honestly negligible.  I can understand why people jump on this hype bandwagon for Victoria, but if enjoy and are good at combating Jason directly, Jenny is the better choice, and is a good fit for her troupe "Final Girl".  She is a average girl (stats), but will keep her shit together and will fight till the end.

10 hours ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

Composure is NOT overrated. In my opinion it is one of the most important stats in the game because it impacts so many mechanics of the game.

+Good composure means you won't be detected by Jason's sense earlier than counselors with low composure

+You stumbled a lot less (hardly ever, really.)

+Your screen doesn't go black when you have high composure (it can, but it takes quite a bit of time for it to happen.)

+Stamina regeneration speed is fast with someone like Jenny.

+Breaking free from Jason's grab is the easiest with counselors with high composure. It's still nearly impossible to break free, but it is possible with someone like Jenny with a Jason that has low grip strength.

Honestly, I don't see how you could even say composure is overrated.

They should've cut dialogue unique to character's personalities instead of everyone having basically the same. Especially the intro dialogue.  Victoria should say something snooty like "I'm getting out of here, forget these losers" or something like that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

They should've cut dialogue unique to character's personalities instead of everyone having basically the same. Especially the intro dialogue.  Victoria should say something snooty like "I'm getting out of here, forget these losers" or something like that.

That actually is a good idea. It gives each character more personality.

7 minutes ago, Impactedmedal38 said:

That actually is a good idea. It gives each character more personality.

And encourage the player to leave in the car alone, lol :rolleyes:

I agree she should have had bitchier lines. The voice acting is good, I like it, she sounds pissed whenever she lands a strike on Jason. It's dissapointing that all the counselors share the same dialog with only minor differences in pronunciation or so. 

On 6/2/2018 at 11:18 PM, jahzaveamanaie said:

they should switch victoria and jennys stats

You take that back!

On 6/3/2018 at 11:49 AM, Doodoo said:

I mean, Victoria's clothing makes her pretty easy to spot as Jason, regardless of stats. I think her stats fit pretty well, being that Melissa was the 2nd to last girl in Part 7. I think it all comes down to composure, Jenny is fearless and Victoria gets scared pretty easily.

How awesome would have been if instead of being predictable and killing Melissa off, they would have killed Nick and have the enemies team up and form an unexpected friendship (: 

Anyways, Victoria over Jenny any day. Fox over Jenny any day. Vanessa and Tiffany over Jenny any day! I'm sorry, Jenny, but...

tumblr_os958wLiYj1w4vgb7o3_540.gif

• Like 1