TreeP

When is Paranoia mode coming out?

This has been on the backburner for like, 6 months now. Is it still happening? Yuge potential devs, yuge.

3 minutes ago, TreeP said:

This has been on the backburner for like, 6 months now. Is it still happening? Yuge potential devs, yuge.

Dude it's not happening, they were just candy coating the fact that it's not getting made. That whole post was full of words that are pretty much Dev code for not happening. They got too much on their plate anyways with Jason x content, bug fixes and dedicated server stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, uberXJoshua said:

Dude it's not happening, they were just candy coating the fact that it's not getting made. That whole post was full of words that are pretty much Dev code for not happening. They got too much on their plate anyways with Jason x content, bug fixes and dedicated server stuff.

It's a great idea though. They should continue with it. The game's good but can become repeitive, a new game mode like paranoia would be massively popular.

3 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

"Soon"

5 year anniversary? Got it

1 minute ago, TreeP said:

It's a great idea though. They should continue with it. The game's good but can become repeitive, a new game mode like paranoia would be massively popular.

The main problem is they have all these game mechanics in place so any new map they just copy and paste the object in essentially, they seem to be incapable of changing anything without breaking the game apparently. Like that's why Roy hears Pamela, gets stunned by her sweater starts in her shack, doesn't die from cars or gun etc cuz they can't really change much without messing other stuff up, sadly this is probably why paranoia isn't happening because essentially they'd have to make an entire new game from scratch to get it to play the way they want. Even more sad is that this reason is probably why the Grendel map will be half spaceship and half interactive virtual camp Crystal lake and to escape you do same objectives tommy, cops, car or boat via the virtual camp and that's how u escape not from spaceship but from the holographic virtual camp ??????

Paranoia (if it comes out) probably won't be until after Dedicated Servers (if they come out) and after bug fixes (which are in the works NOW). IF these things get done, it will probably be SOONer rather than later. SOON being an ephemeral term for "NOT NOW". ?

10 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Paranoia (if it comes out) probably won't be until after Dedicated Servers (if they come out) and after bug fixes (which are in the works NOW). IF these things get done, it will probably be SOONer rather than later. SOON being an ephemeral term for "NOT NOW". ?

Paranoia was a hype builder that they figured out was too much work to pull off so they indefinitely delayed it hoping the hype would die down and fade away and be forgotten.

2 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Paranoia was a hype builder that they figured out was too much work to pull off so they indefinitely delayed it hoping the hype would die down and fade away and be forgotten.

pepperidge farm remembers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is Grendel actually confirmed though? For when? Also when is Jason X (the worst kept secret ever) coming out?

2 minutes ago, TreeP said:

Is Grendel actually confirmed though? For when? Also when is Jason X (the worst kept secret ever) coming out?

same answer as always i guess? soon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

same answer as always i guess? soon

I know Uber Jason is for real cuz half the PC players already have him with stats and kills I say they should just release Uber Jason since he's obviously finished and just let us play as him until they have Grendel ready to drop.

Grendel assets exist in the game files. So yes, they are actually building it. Don't know if it will be a map or a new game mode, but it is under construction.

I hope we can escape from space in the typical blue car fashion.

12 minutes ago, TreeP said:

I hope we can escape from space in the typical blue car fashion.

Lol na probably escaping virtual camp just like other maps

14 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Grendel assets exist in the game files. So yes, they are actually building it. Don't know if it will be a map or a new game mode, but it is under construction.

Not a new game mode it's a map for MP most likely half the ship will be a virtual camp Crystal lake that we escape from just like other maps

How can you escape virtually?

They'd have to make it like the film or put a spaceship there.

Paranoia mode already exists. Since the time where I repaired car with some dude who got in as driver. And when I join him as passenger, he took me to Jason.

On 11/27/2017 at 5:35 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

Inn8z6a.jpg

57 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Not a new game mode it's a map for MP most likely half the ship will be a virtual camp Crystal lake that we escape from just like other maps

The asset actually looks more like they are going for a partially destroyed ship (like what happened in the movie).

2 hours ago, TreeP said:

Do we actually even know what Paranoia is? I thought we were all just guessing at what the game mode would be. 

Paranoia is a Jason goes to Hell game mode where Jason takes the form of his victims and must be banished to Hell with the kandarian dagger.

3 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Do we actually even know what Paranoia is? I thought we were all just guessing at what the game mode would be. 

All we know is the killer is one of us. However no other mechanic has been known. Do we have abilities as the killer? How do we prevent other counselors from yelling out whom the killer is? Tons of questions about how it actually works.

2 hours ago, TreeP said:

How can you escape virtually?

They'd have to make it like the film or put a spaceship there.

There will be a virtual camp in the holodeck where it's just like any other camp map in game, there will be certain things you gotta do to activate the virtual camp from spaceship then escape from the virtual camp in a virtual car, boat or by cops like other maps. Have u not seen the movie where the holodeck becomes a 80s camp and it's fully interactive Jason even kills 2 counselors in sleeping bags as if they were real. He physically picks them up and slams them and stuff. I'm putting my money down betting this is what will be Grendel part spaceship part fully interactive holographic virtual camp where you escape from to win round using tommy for help and either fixing virtual car, boat or escaping with cops like every other map. The devs aren't superhuman geniuses they can only work within the game mechanics they've created within the core game there won't be escape pods and new heroes or space cops flying in to dock with ship. Those are pipe dreams I'm being realistic.

21 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

There will be a virtual camp in the holodeck where it's just like any other camp map in game, there will be certain things you gotta do to activate the virtual camp from spaceship then escape from the virtual camp in a virtual car, boat or by cops like other maps. Have u not seen the movie where the holodeck becomes a 80s camp and it's fully interactive Jason even kills 2 counselors in sleeping bags as if they were real. He physically picks them up and slams them and stuff. I'm putting my money down betting this is what will be Grendel part spaceship part fully interactive holographic virtual camp where you escape from to win round using tommy for help and either fixing virtual car, boat or escaping with cops like every other map. The devs aren't superhuman geniuses they can only work within the game mechanics they've created within the core game there won't be escape pods and new heroes or space cops flying in to dock with ship. Those are pipe dreams I'm being realistic.

I will honestly be so pissed if the go the whole hologram route. Thats such a cheap shitty cop out. I would rather there be no grendal map what so ever then a shitty cop out like that. Either go all out space shit with escape pods and space cops and KM14 or Brodski, or just don't do it at all. Reminds of when they first put out Roy and gave us that BS excuse of "Roy is SO CRAZY he REALLY THINKS HE'S JASON!!".