TreeP

When is Paranoia mode coming out?

11 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

How can you virtually escape real danger?? 

Because it's a video game and that's all the devs are capable of pulling off without breaking the game.

2 minutes ago, Crispen_Glover said:

I will honestly be so pissed if the go the whole hologram route. Thats such a cheap shitty cop out. I would rather there be no grendal map what so ever then a shitty cop out like that. Either go all out space shit with escape pods and space cops and KM14 or Brodski, or just don't do it at all. Reminds of when they first put out Roy and gave us that BS excuse of "Roy is SO CRAZY he REALLY THINKS HE'S JASON!!".

You and me both! The Roy thing is exactly why I'm being realistic about my expectations for the Grendel, they proved with Roy that they aren't capable of changing core game mechanics. The Roy is so crazy thing was them covering their asses about not having the capabilities to change the core game mechanics of how Jason works everything is set up a certain way to work a certain way, new jasonodels can look vastly different but they have to play within a set of game mechanics or they don't work that's why Roy starts in shack, hears Pamela gets stunned by her sweater and can do everything Jason can and take the damage Jason can. The same thing applies to how maps work for the game, they can make a map look how they want but it has to work within preset core game mechanics that all maps run on, tommy gets called, phone box repaired, car repaired, boat repaired etc etc and to make the Grendel work they will HAVE to implement these factors into the Grendel map, their excuse for this shit show disappointment will be that the movie had a virtual camp and the players "must trick" Jason to defeat him. Or something and they'll probably say even though we are shown escaping in a car or boat or by cops we are actually escaping from Grendel in escape pods or whatever but we have to do it under the guise of a hologram to keep Jason busy or some bullcrap like that. Yes it'll be disappointing but do you honestly believe if they couldn't even change Roy that they could do all the stuff you are talking about with the entire Grendel map?? I'm a huge Jason x fanboy I want the km-13 and escape pod and space cops but I'm also a realist and we just aren't gonna get that stuff not because they don't want to give it to us but because they can't, hey at least there will be cool new environmental kills like the liquid nitrogen!!

I have faith that Roy will be reworked and Jason X content wont be watered down. 

16 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I have faith that Roy will be reworked and Jason X content wont be watered down. 

That's good but don't be surprised when your expectations aren't met, the devs have no desire to rework Roy, they really can't without breaking the core mechanics of the game.or else they would've done Roy differently to begin with.

It would be cool if at the beginning of a round on the Jason X virtual map that the graphics load up like Assassin's Creed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TreeP said:

5 year anniversary? Got it

25th Anniversary ;) 

7 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

Lol na probably escaping virtual camp just like other maps

Not a new game mode it's a map for MP most likely half the ship will be a virtual camp Crystal lake that we escape from just like other maps

That would be so stupid, they better not do that shit, escaping should be an escape pod or something else.

4 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

That's good but don't be surprised when your expectations aren't met, the devs have no desire to rework Roy, they really can't without breaking the core mechanics of the game.or else they would've done Roy differently to begin with.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. It is important to be realistic, but not pessimistic. While Roy is indeed in need of a rework, I think the developers were simply more interested in giving us something that worked which could be built upon. I'm not an advanced programmer, but I'm fairly positive that a few "if" statements in the right places and a couple of kicks in the right place from the community would make Roy more canon friendly. There is ALWAYS room to improve and Gun Media is simply doing what they can while following deadlines (albeit hidden from the public).

Well , I think they did have plans with Part V and Paranoia but since it didn´t work out , they just made him a regular Jason. Well , the Hype and happiness were definitely there for Roy and many were and still are happy that he got added.

12 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Paranoia is a Jason goes to Hell game mode where Jason takes the form of his victims and must be banished to Hell with the kandarian dagger.

more like a part V mode as the teaser himself have told it #Who'sFiVe.

7 hours ago, iFruit 9iX said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. It is important to be realistic, but not pessimistic. While Roy is indeed in need of a rework, I think the developers were simply more interested in giving us something that worked which could be built upon. I'm not an advanced programmer, but I'm fairly positive that a few "if" statements in the right places and a couple of kicks in the right place from the community would make Roy more canon friendly. There is ALWAYS room to improve and Gun Media is simply doing what they can while following deadlines (albeit hidden from the public).

These devs are mega fans obviously, if they were able to change game mechanics to make Roy be Roy then they would've, come on. They just can't because they have to stick to preset game mechanics they built for how this game plays that's y they used the excuse that Roy is so crazy he believes he is jason.

It's funny how people didn't actually read (between the lines) of that post...

17 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

It's funny how people didn't actually read (between the lines) of that post...

I know, they were laying it out to just never expect to see paranoia but it's like people refuse to accept it's over.

5 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

These devs are mega fans obviously, if they were able to change game mechanics to make Roy be Roy then they would've, come on. They just can't because they have to stick to preset game mechanics they built for how this game plays that's y they used the excuse that Roy is so crazy he believes he is jason.

They are able. Programming is so diverse that there is no one way to do it. But finding the way around isn't always as easy as we want it to be. Regardless, you may be right in the fact that they don't want to. But there is nothing you can say or do that will change the fact that they can.

Probably after dedicated servers and, the Jason X content...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, iFruit 9iX said:

They are able. Programming is so diverse that there is no one way to do it. But finding the way around isn't always as easy as we want it to be. Regardless, you may be right in the fact that they don't want to. But there is nothing you can say or do that will change the fact that they can.

I'm not saying they couldn't I Kno that they can I'm saying they'd have to pretty much make a new game from scratch, this game has coding rules and shit so things have to behave a certain way in the game. They'd have to start over from scratch and that would be mega expensive. Same goes for grendel map.

On 6/3/2018 at 9:47 PM, uberXJoshua said:

I'm not saying they couldn't I Kno that they can I'm saying they'd have to pretty much make a new game from scratch, this game has coding rules and shit so things have to behave a certain way in the game. They'd have to start over from scratch and that would be mega expensive. Same goes for grendel map.

I'm not sure why you are carrying this mentality that everything needs to be made from scratch.
Allow me to attempt to show you how they would do it:

public void StartGame(String player) {
            if (player.equals("Jason")) {
                    spawnLocation = "shack";
                    playSound("mother.mp3");
                    canSurviveGun = true;
                    updatePlayer(spawnLocation, canSurviveGun);
            }
            else if (player.equals("Roy")) {
                    spawnLocation = "randomForest";
                    playSound("son.mp3");
                    canSurviveGun = false;
            }

else if (player.equals("Counselor")) {
                    spawnLocation = "randomCabin";
                    canSurviveGun = false;
            }
}

It's essentially a copy and paste situation. Now I am 100% positive that their code is more complex than mine. However, there are workarounds that can be used and should not be hard. Programming is not difficult, it is just time consuming.

Mind you, this is Java that I coded in.

W

8 hours ago, iFruit 9iX said:

I'm not sure why you are carrying this mentality that everything needs to be made from scratch.

spawnLocation = "shack";
                    playSound("mother.mp3");
                    canSurviveGun = true;
            }
                    playSound("son.mp3");
                    canSurviveGun = false;
            }

canSurviveGun = false;
            }
}

It's essentially a copy and paste situation. Now I am 100% positive that their code is more complex than mine. However, there are workarounds that can be used and should not be hard. Programming is not difficult, it is just time consuming.

Damn man I didn't realize all they need is you on the team to fix things lmmfao

• Haha 1

Seems like it would be a great opportunity to introduce 1v1 or 2v1 to deliver the 'final girl' experience.

The way I HOWLED seeing this thread at the top. Paranoia is the easiest example of the actual lies that were told last year to keep fans around and placate us as the game spiraled into a black hole

On June 4, 2018 at 8:24 PM, iFruit 9iX said:

spawnLocation = "shack";
                    playSound("mother.mp3");
                    canSurviveGun = true;
            }
                    playSound("son.mp3");
                    canSurviveGun = false;
            }

canSurviveGun = false;
            }
}

Arent games most mainstream games programed in C++?

19 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Arent games most mainstream games programed in C++?

Yes, but given that C++ and Java are both object-oriented languages, the fix is relatively similar.

When is Paranoia coming out? As of today's legal announcement, I'd say never.