ChadFace

As of the most recent update, how would you rank the Jasons?

I’d rank them from strongly agree to strongly disagree. 

I somewhat disagree.

• Like 1

1. Part 8

2. Savini

3. Part 3

4. Part 5

5. Part 6

6. Part 2

7. Part 9

8. Part 7

9. Part 4

no Jason with - traps can be tops. Low hp and - shift are also big factors.

24 minutes ago, Jdt827 said:

I’d rank them from strongly agree to strongly disagree. 

I somewhat disagree.

Give this man the ten thousand dollars!

1. Part 8
2. Savini (only with short distance weapons, he's pitchfork sucks)
3. Part 6 (only with short distance weapons either)
4. Part 3
5. Part 2 (he can easily control all the map, an his traps *in the right places* can make a huge difference)
6. Part 9
7.. Part 5
8. Part 7
9. Part 4

1. Part 8 (he has always been the best Jason for the metagame)

2. Savini

3. Part 3 or Roy

4. Part 6 or Part 2

5. Part 9

6. Part 4

7. Part 7

4 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

1. Part 8 (he has always been the best Jason for the metagame)

2. Savini

3. Part 3 or Roy

4. Part 6 or Part 2

5. Part 9

6. Part 4

7. Part 7

Curious, when you figure in weapon swapping, why do you think Part 8 is better than Savini? I’ve long argued Savini’s only major weakness was the pitchfork. But why do you think Part 8 with a machete is better than Savini with a machete?

My rankings with weapon swapping unlocked:

1. Savini

2. Part 8

3. Part 3

4. Part 5

5. Part 2

6. Part 6

7. Part 9

8. Part 4

9. Part 7

1 minute ago, Treymaker said:

Curious, when you figure in weapon swapping, why do you think Part 8 is better than Savini? I’ve long argued Savini’s only major weakness was the pitchfork. But why do you think Part 8 with a machete is better than Savini with a machete?

Part 8 has +Water Speed. He is a better in the objective control role because of his ability to intercept in the water. Savini's +Weapon Damage doesn't really even matter compared to having a +Stalk. Weapon damage was only a "thing" for people when we got the over-abundance of pocket knives a while back. Any Jason with +Weapon Damage pretty much became pure gold for a brief amount of time. Now that it is back to normal, that stat simply isn't very important anymore other than as a placebo. They both have +Destruction (gold) and normal traps. In terms of Shift, a 10 second cooldown different isn't of consequence.

Looking at them in very meta-specific terms. Part 8 is still better in terms of what he brings to the table - he always was.

3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

Part 8 has +Water Speed. He is a better in the objective control role because of his ability to intercept in the water. Savini's +Weapon Damage doesn't really even matter compared to having a +Stalk. Weapon damage was only a "thing" for people when we got the over-abundance of pocket knives a while back. Any Jason with +Weapon Damage pretty much became pure gold for a brief amount of time. Now that it is back to normal, that stat simply isn't very important anymore other than as a placebo. They both have +Destruction (gold) and normal traps. In terms of Shift, a 10 second cooldown different isn't of consequence.

Looking at them in very meta-specific terms. Part 8 is still better in terms of what he brings to the table - he always was.

That’s fair, I would argue that with being able to morph right in front of the boat exits, +water speed really isn’t that big of thing either. And personally I’ll take that 10 second faster shift cool down. But your points are valid.

2 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

That’s fair, I would argue that with being able to morph right in front of the boat exits, +water speed really isn’t that big of thing either. And personally I’ll take that 10 second faster shift cool down. But your points are valid.

+Water Speed is the only type of Jason that can catch a boat from behind if it gets past you in a reasonable amount of time. Neutral Water Speed, while faster than the boat, is such a small difference as to be as ineffectual as -Water Speed. Additionally, I think that having that faster water speed is nice for quickly traversing a map by the lakes/waterways without wasting a Shift/Morph. I like it for the economy of movement.

The funny thing is that I don't main either Savini or Part 8. I prefer Part 6, Roy, and Part 4. I know the meta advantages, but I generally stay away from the two top tier Jasons.

10 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

I used to feel that way about water speed too, and in mid to low level lobbies, that is true. Howver, good players won’t leave. They will go near the exit and then back to waste a ton of time while Jason tries to chase them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alkavian said:

+Water Speed is the only type of Jason that can catch a boat from behind if it gets past you in a reasonable amount of time. Neutral Water Speed, while faster than the boat, is such a small difference as to be as ineffectual as -Water Speed. Additionally, I think that having that faster water speed is nice for quickly traversing a map by the lakes/waterways without wasting a Shift/Morph. I like it for the economy of movement.

The funny thing is that I don't main either Savini or Part 8. I prefer Part 6, Roy, and Part 4. I know the meta advantages, but I generally stay away from the two top tier Jasons.

I assume you do have Savini ranked 2nd though correct? I don’t have a main at all, I alternate to the next Jason up on the selection screen after each round I get picked as him, I like to stay fresh on all of them.

Just now, WashingtonJones said:

1. Part 8

2. Parts 2, 3, 6, 7, Savini (Tie)

3. Parts 4 & 5

On what world is Part 7 just as good as Savini (or Parts 2, 3, 6 for that matter)?

2 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

On what world is Part 7 just as good as Savini (or Parts 2, 3, 6 for that matter)?

In the real world. But in fairy tale land people think there's something wrong with him. 

• Like 1

Claiming he’s “not as bad as people think” or even “good” is not the same thing as claiming he is just as good as Savini.

8 minutes ago, Treymaker said:

Claiming he’s “not as bad as people think” or even “good” is not the same thing as claiming he is just as good as Savini.

I have yet to find any real correlation between success in a match and which Jason is being used.

Maybe if this game was based on any type of precision, then there would be a case for one being better than another with any practical significance.  

Otherwise it's up to your brain and whatever Jason skin and abilities makes you happier. 

God tier: Savini

High tier: 3, 8

Upper mid tier: 5, 6

Lower mid tier: 2, 7, 9

Low tier: 4

This is assuming you are using good weapons and not constrained by crap like the pitchfork. Part 2's ranking is also assuming good counselors. He's one of the best Jasons when no one has a mic, cooperates or is good at running from and fighting Jason.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

He's one of the best Jasons when no one has a mic, cooperates or is good at running from and fighting Jason.

What? Is this a joke?

If you're playing against a bunch of scrubs then it REALLY doesn't matter which Jason you use. Hell, you don't even have to use Shift in those conditions. 

15 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

constrained by crap like the pitchfork.

(assuming the pitchfork operates like the spear)
You've played the update right?

1. Part 8

2. Part 6

3. Part 3 

4. Part 9

5. Part 7

6. Part 2

7. Part 5

8. Part 4

im not including Savini, but this is how I see the Jason's as. When X comes in he'll replace part 6. 

Posted (edited)

Wow, 8 users think Part 4 Jason is the worst Jason of the bunch! This and my topic combined confirms that Part 4 is low tier ?

Edited by NoOneK9503

8 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Wow, 5 users think Part 4 Jason is the worst Jason of the bunch! This and my topic combined confirms that Part 4 is low tier ?

Part 4 Only has 3 traps and -shift. Atleast 2 has 7 traps to make up for the -shift

Savini

Part 8

Part 3

Part 5

Part 6

Part 9

Part 2

Part 7

Part 4

That order. When Part X comes out I'm guessing he will be behind Part 3.