Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Part 2 vs Part 4: The Last Of The Negative Shift Jasons...Which One Do You Play/Enjoy More?

With Part 7 getting a regular shift. We now only have two negative shift Jasons in the game.

Which one do you enjoy playing more?

My analysis...

Part 2

+ Map Control

+ Good early, mid or late game

- Slow And Weak Up Close

Part 4

+ A Beast Up Close

+ Good early game, strong up close

- Weak Late Game

Both suffer against cars or trololol Vanessa/Chad armies, so that's a negative both share.

Well, if i had to choose between only those 2 it would be 4  because he is good up close. Definitly more of a help, at least if you manage to end the match before lategame.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

or trololol Vanessa/Chad armies

This. I picked another Jason but spawned as part 2 (apparently due to a new bug), and got really bullied by the two of them. Part 4 at least has destruction and weapon strength. 

I used to main part 2 before the October patch (aka all the Jason nerfs/counselor buffs), but have barely touched him ever since. 

Probably part two. The plus morph adds that extra mobility, and gives you a better chance of catching the people running your traps. 

I kind of like Part 2's idea of having a lot of traps to catch counselors, but in execution, you just use it for objective control. So, no thanks!

Part 4, on the other hand, uses his Can Run and Destruction for good pressure over the counselors. People say he is good only early-game, but the truth is that every Jason can get over this problem by constantly morphing to objectives. And since Part 4 has Weapon Damage, this means he is strong up close.

So, the key is: keep Part 4 close to the counselors and don't let them start objectives.

• Thanks 1

Part 4 is my pick. Great up close, and dealing with Jason hunters. I rarely have trouble dealing with fast Vanessa’s, as I know how to pressure fast counsellors without the need for shift. I always stalk and predict where a counsellor is going, than I morph ahead and bait the counselor inside the cabin, Part 4 is a beast up close.  Because part 4 has weapon strength he’s still good late game, and dealing with group attacks at objectives. I’ve killed entire lobbies at a near started objective.

Part 2 has the defense weakness, so he’s easily killed, and no good strengths at dealing with gang attacks, so he’s not my favorite. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dandop1984 said:

I know how to pressure fast counsellors without the need for shift.

How?

Am I the only one who can't stand part 4? I have a terrible time with him everytime I play. I main as Part 2. Love placing traps in weird places and catching people off guard and I can live with taking some time to bust doors. The real argument should be Part 4 or Part 8? 

6 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

How?

You have to predict their movements. Let them run off, guess which group of cabins they are running towards, then Stalk and Morph ahead. Because of part 4 Destruction most cabin doors are already destroyed, so all I have to do is run inside, and wait by a corner and grab them as they enter.

Any Jason is good at this, but part 4 strengths really help in close quarters. So stalk and morph is vital against fast counsellors. You want them to lose track of your whereabouts, and get them by surprise. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dandop1984 said:

You have to predict their movements. Let them run off, guess which group of cabins they are running towards, then Stalk and Morph ahead. Because of part 4 Destruction most cabin doors are already destroyed, so all I have to do is run inside, and wait by a corner and grab them as they enter.

Any Jason is good at this, but part 4 strengths really help in close quarters. So stalk and morph. 

Wow! I never thought this strategy would generate good results! Looks like you would like @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow suggestions for his stats in his Overhaul 4.0 thread.

14 minutes ago, americanalien said:

Am I the only one who can't stand part 4? I have a terrible time with him everytime I play. I main as Part 2. Love placing traps in weird places and catching people off guard and I can live with taking some time to bust doors. The real argument should be Part 4 or Part 8? 

I actually agree. Even pre update, I did terrible with part 4. I watched others that dominated with him... It must really come down to play style. Ours must be similar because I also did terrible with part 8 lol. I actually did really well with 7 before the update and I was surprised he was widely considered the weakest Jason. I actually wish he kept grip strength rather than weapon strength.

- Defense is meaningless. If a team of Jason hunters can get Part 2 mask off, then all it takes is one or two more hits to take off normal hp's Jasons mask off. So it's largely irrelevant. Just like -stun resistance. It doesn't do anything to make a big impact.

Part 2 > Part 4. Most people still goes for objectives.

Part 2.  I absolutely hate part 4.  His looks just drive me insane.  He looks like Karl Childers (slingblade) and sloth from the Goonies had steamy romance and part 4 was the result.  

Part four is a beast if you know how to use him aggressively. Part two use to be good but he's the only Jason where I was seconds away from almost getting killed by a group of councelers luckily I was so persistent and not willing to let it go that they couldn't pull it off. We're extremely close though

Part 2 is an absolute monster at objective control. That's the name of his game. He has the tools to stop objectives from getting completed.  Part 4 is good at pressuring and combating counselors but he is poor at almost everything else. I'd chalk him up to low tier, with Part 2 being mid-high tier. So, yeah, sackhead.

15 minutes ago, Loading said:

- Defense is meaningless. If a team of Jason hunters can get Part 2 mask off, then all it takes is one or two more hits to take off normal hp's Jasons mask off. So it's largely irrelevant. Just like -stun resistance. It doesn't do anything to make a big impact.

Part 2 > Part 4. Most people still goes for objectives.

Yeah but that’s still one more hit. One hit could mean the difference between a broken machete, or a machete being planted in Jason’s skull.

Part 4 has no defense or stun weakness, and combined with his weapon strength, makes him the better Jason at fighting off groups. Maybe that seems irrelevant to you, but still doesn’t take away the fact that he can do better against a group attack.

4. I enjoy wearing people down. I stay in their face and make them work, trickling their stamina away despite marathon perks. I love the ones who like to kite you till they're exhausted, only to turn and try to get in that cheap melee shot and start the process over. The new grab has absolutely killed that strategy in my experience. If Jason is close enough for you to swing on, he's also close enough to snatch you up before that swing gets 50% into animation.