Sign in to follow this  
final_gal

Have maps become scarcer?

Been searching for a map in dozens of cabins recently, couldn't find any and had to go all the way to the packanack map stand...Although the police were to arrive in few minutes. 

3 hours ago, final_gal said:

Been searching for a map in dozens of cabins recently, couldn't find any and had to go all the way to the packanack map stand...Although the police were to arrive in few minutes. 

Equip the preparedness perk. It starts you off with a map, and also means every other drawer contains a map. 

• Haha 10

I've definitely noticed this as well! I like it but at the same time hate it because I end up spending like 5 minutes of the match searching for a map.

Right. I need a map, can't find one. I run preparedness, there's 3 per cabin.

3 hours ago, MRWood204 said:

Equip the preparedness perk. It starts you off with a map, and also means every other drawer contains a map. 

To the op I haven't noticed it but I'll have to keep an eye out. 

I was playing with a buddy last night and he asked the same thing. I hadn't really noticed any difference myself, and we were playing on the Jarvis map to boot, which has always felt like an archeological dig trying to find a map. It's worth it to go out of your way early on and hit the map stand if you're anywhere near the area where it is. Personally, I refuse to waste a perk slot. I'd rather do without. Besides, at this point the map's only real crucial use to me is telling me where the cops spawned, and if I haven't made it a point to visit the map stand by that late in the match, shame on me.

2 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I was playing with a buddy last night and he asked the same thing. I hadn't really noticed any difference myself, and we were playing on the Jarvis map to boot, which has always felt like an archeological dig trying to find a map. It's worth it to go out of your way early on and hit the map stand if you're anywhere near the area where it is. Personally, I refuse to waste a perk slot. I'd rather do without. Besides, at this point the map's only real crucial use to me is telling me where the cops spawned, and if I haven't made it a point to visit the map stand by that late in the match, shame on me.

Well, Jarvis is an Archeological dig to find anything, And Then It's like Transferring those findings From One Country to Another for the Museum.

On 6/2/2018 at 7:25 AM, MRWood204 said:

LOL! That has been my experience. I run the perk, find about five maps a match. Take the perk off, never find a single map. Put the perk on again, find about five maps again. Take the perk off, never a single map. Is this just karma or is the game programmed to be ironic with this?

It’s the same With the walkie talkie. Perk on, i will find 5-6 easily at least. No perk, I’m hard pressed to find a single one. Have tried it numerous times and it works that way without fail

Even if they removed maps from drawers, its not that big of a deal. Each map has a stand with "infinite" maps for the players. After playing a while you get the hang of the layout of each map so the only thing you actually use a map for is to see where objectives are.

Search cabins as normal, if you're missing a map or near the stand, just head there and grab one.

4 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Even if they removed maps from drawers, its not that big of a deal. Each map has a stand with "infinite" maps for the players. After playing a while you get the hang of the layout of each map so the only thing you actually use a map for is to see where objectives are.

Search cabins as normal, if you're missing a map or near the stand, just head there and grab one.

I also thought about trapping that place but would that be worth it?

And @NEONSHADOWF13 , I found out you just joined a few minutes ago , sooooo......

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/ 

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us.

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I also thought about trapping that place but would that be worth it?

And @NEONSHADOWF13 , I found out you just joined a few minutes ago , sooooo......

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/ 

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us.

Eh it might get someone but it really depends on your Jason and hw good yu are at checking on your objectives. People are programmed now to expect traps at the objectives so a wild card trap might get someone. Then again, it might go un-triggered the whole game. I dont know how often the stand gets utilized, especially if people are complaining about map drops.